#1 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 1:33:52 PM(UTC)
Any idea what a swag item is?

And is a Car Pass what it sounds like?

I think most people that could place in the top 25 would already have a Car Pass since car packs have already been released. I don't what I'd do with a Car Pass so I'm wondering if I'd rather have a swag item regardless of how trivial one might be. Prizes for the top 4 look great, but my understanding of the Nov 17 addition to the rules is 1 prize per person and that prize is based on highest finish. That right?

Here in week 4, I'm pretty solidly in the swag item zone and can probably/maybe move up if I need to ... but I'm worried that if I take the time to shoot for top 4 and actually do improve, chances are that I may come up short. And if I end up in the Car Pass range ... and then for the rest of the RC, I'd be stuck with a Car Pass unless I can mange a top 4. If I got that right, its probably not worth my time ... especially since my time is limited. Ward and Kovalev fight tonight

I guess I could always dirty my time by rewinding if I get in the Car Pass range, but I'm hoping I'm wrong about a 11-25 prize being more useful to me than a 5-10 prize.

Edited by user Saturday, November 19, 2016 3:10:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:31:11 PM(UTC)
Not exactly sure what they consider swag items, but usually swag bags or items are things like t-shirts, hats, jackets, sunglasses, keychains, etc that are themed to whatever company or product is doing the promotion.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#3 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 1:06:38 PM(UTC)
I thought it must be something like that, too. If the trinket/shirt/memento had something about the RC on it, that would be kinda cool. But a Car Pass? Not so much. It's all free stuff no matter what it is, so I'll take it, but a Car Pass would just be a waste of their money. Not desirable for somebody like me that already has the Car Pass.

Edit: And 1st place last week was pretty impressive. When it was 55.222, that seemed reachable given enough laps and a good enough run to start the lap. But when it got down in the 55.059 range, or whatever it was, that wasn't just a matter of running enough laps. I didn't race that particular ghost, but that guy found something somewhere that was pretty impressive to get the time down to where he did. Good stuff.

Edited by user Monday, November 21, 2016 1:10:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 8:52:33 PM(UTC)
I am confused about the rule changes.

If you are outside the top 25 but all those above you have a prize from another week do the prizes start filtering down to those outside the top 25?

Only other possibility is they are not giving out 25 prizes every week.

I blame the ants.
#5 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 9:15:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I am confused about the rule changes.

If you are outside the top 25 but all those above you have a prize from another week do the prizes start filtering down to those outside the top 25?

Only other possibility is they are not giving out 25 prizes every week.

I wondered about that, too. I thought there might have been some wording about wanting to give more people prizes, but, like a lot of the RC info, it seemed less than clear to me.

But I'm going to be happy with anything I get. It's all about the team, I'm just here to help out the ballclub. We gotta play 'em one game at a time and, the good Lord willing, everything will turn out OK.

#6 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 9:15:58 PM(UTC)
The rules appear to now state that you will win the highest place prize you manage to achieve across the whole season. So, if I place 7th in any of the weeks, yet the top 3 in that same week have already won better prizes in other weeks, then I will be moved up to the 4th place prize. So yes, the prizes will filter down to those below.

It also appears that any players who have qualified for the Elite/Consolation series may also be ineligible for any Recreational series prizes. What they mean by "May not be eligible" I'm in the process of finding out.

I like this change. I was actually frustrated about this as I was seeing people manage to win the same top prizes week after week, myself included. I don't need nor want a car pass, especially not 2 or 3 of them lol. I wanted the better prizes. Now I may actually have a really good chance at winning a racing wheel or racing seat. :D
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:07:49 AM(UTC)
This is why I didn't bother to do better on the most recent rival. Pretty sure I could have gotten top 10 or so after a bit because for whatever reason that layout suited me well however I got scared off about possibly being disqualified since I have consistently qualified for the FM6 consolation cup 1v1s and I had already qualified for RS6 1v1. When I quit after 10 or so laps I was top 25 pretty easily but I'm sure that changed.

Seriously debating on skipping out on the next 1v1 if this week's FH3 rival is good. My only concern though is if I win the car pass or maybe get disqualified for making it to the 1v1s in previous weeks.

Notification

Icon
Error