#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:52:40 AM(UTC)
After i eventually worked out that the Recreational series was only on fh3 I have to say I was very disapointed and it looks like people are showings us how disappointed they are by the low sign ups. When you compare this to season 1 we was knocking on the door of 10000 sign ups. This begs the question is a frc the right thing to have on fh3 and should the whole thing of been on FM6? Or are we looking at an advertisment blunder, I must admit this forum explains things very clearly but the esl website might as well be written in alien. What are your thoughts on the low turn out so far? What can be done to improve the advertisement and information distribution?

Personally I don't feel fh3 is an appropriate place for orginized competition of this nature. Maybe a drifting rc or see who can jump the furthest rc but not time trials or actual racing. I think the frc should have its own page on either the dashboard or the game that fully explains everything. Forza players don't really bother with websites or forums it has to be made visible to everyone
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:50:46 AM(UTC)
The reason there were so many signups for Season 1 were the DLC prizes on offer.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:53:39 AM(UTC)
The Recreational prizes are more wide spread and seem to reward more people. If they did this on forza 6 you would get alot more people signing up imo
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:51:27 AM(UTC)
I say let the FH3 players have something to compete for.

Its prizes are less than FM which is understandable but may explaun low numbers.
I blame the ants.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:06:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR TYSKlE Go to Quoted Post
After i eventually worked out that the Recreational series was only on fh3 I have to say I was very disapointed and it looks like people are showings us how disappointed they are by the low sign ups. When you compare this to season 1 we was knocking on the door of 10000 sign ups. This begs the question is a frc the right thing to have on fh3 and should the whole thing of been on FM6? Or are we looking at an advertisment blunder, I must admit this forum explains things very clearly but the esl website might as well be written in alien. What are your thoughts on the low turn out so far? What can be done to improve the advertisement and information distribution?

Personally I don't feel fh3 is an appropriate place for orginized competition of this nature. Maybe a drifting rc or see who can jump the furthest rc but not time trials or actual racing. I think the frc should have its own page on either the dashboard or the game that fully explains everything. Forza players don't really bother with websites or forums it has to be made visible to everyone

No FH competitive is perfectly fine. I love having competitive FH3. I've never enjoyed the FM games as much, and for whatever reason, I can dominate in FH, but not FM. I get last place quite often in FM, but in FH I am 1st 70% of the time. I can actually place on these leaderboards, getting top 100 most of the time. But i guess that's just me. I am better at arcade-type racers, I practically grew up on them. Just because they are a bit more arcadey doesn't mean that they shouldn't have competition. And, the lower amount of people could simple be because the game is a bit less than 2 months old, so possibly not many people have had the chance to get it. But also, simply because the ESL website is quite complicated at times. But yeah. I think the amount of people is totally fine.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:20:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:29:15 PM(UTC)
Fh3 defineatly needs a comp or 2 just as most popular games should it seems the way forward along with streaming. I really hope it takes off in the future but that's a different disscussion.

Prizes for the top 25 of a league and a dlc car for everyone seems pretty good compared to top 50 % get dlc for a nearly 1 year old game. Exclusive unicorn cars are extremely popular on FM6. If the structure and the prizes of the Recreational series were applied to the current FM6 leagues it would be extremy popular and I really had my hopes up for this after reading the esl website. The discovery of no leagues on FM6 was devestating prompting my visit into this forum.

So I stand by my point that FM6 would attract at least 8000 to 10000 sign ups and the pinncle league would have at least 800 to 1000 participants just like frc season 1. Since I belive this event would of been alot more popular on FM6 then it's only logical to surgesst that this sort of event should be held on FM6 and some other type of event that suits fh3. I have only played the demo of Horizon so I will make am assumptions based on that experience. I think most fh3 players like to roam in the open world that's seems to be the most attractive feature. MayBe an event that evolves racing in the open world and finding the quickest route to a check point would be more appealing to fh3 players.

Obviously the low sign up could just be down to the lack of players. Can anyone give me an idea of how popular fh3 is compared to fm6. Are there 10000 players. ? Are all the players casuals ? Maybe no 1 realises this event is taking place. 1 more thing regarding fh3 are the leagues the same as FM6? How does this event actually work on fh3
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:35:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkraiSpeed Go to Quoted Post

No FH competitive is perfectly fine. I love having competitive FH3. I've never enjoyed the FM games as much, and for whatever reason, I can dominate in FH, but not FM. I get last place quite often in FM, but in FH I am 1st 70% of the time. I can actually place on these leaderboards, getting top 100 most of the time. But i guess that's just me. I am better at arcade-type racers, I practically grew up on them. Just because they are a bit more arcadey doesn't mean that they shouldn't have competition. And, the lower amount of people could simple be because the game is a bit less than 2 months old, so possibly not many people have had the chance to get it. But also, simply because the ESL website is quite complicated at times. But yeah. I think the amount of people is totally fine.

Sorry for the double post. We posted at the same time.

The leaderboards on FM6 are exacly the same. the reason the likes of you and me can feature so high is the lack of players that can keep up with the top 16. Back on fm4 when the leaderboards had triple the amount of players compared to fm6 the top 100 could be separated by 2 seconds at most. I'm usually at least 2 seconds off top 16 with the odd exception. I do agree that event like thus should be held on fh3 but surly you can attract more sign ups?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:37:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:49:00 PM(UTC)
I'm personally dissapointed that they didn't do another Open league on FM6. Would've been nice to actually have decent sized lobbies in Pinnacle again.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:52:04 PM(UTC)
Fh3 defineatly needs a comp or 2 just as most popular games should it seems the way forward along with streaming. I really hope it takes off in the future but that's a different disscussion.

Prizes for the top 25 of a league and a dlc car for everyone seems pretty good compared to top 50 % get dlc for a nearly 1 year old game. Exclusive unicorn cars are extremely popular on FM6. If the structure and the prizes of the Recreational series were applied to the current FM6 leagues it would be extremy popular and I really had my hopes up for this after reading the esl website. The discovery of no leagues on FM6 was devestating prompting my visit into this forum.

So I stand by my point that FM6 would attract at least 8000 to 10000 sign ups and the pinncle league would have at least 800 to 1000 participants just like frc season 1. Since I belive this event would of been alot more popular on FM6 then it's only logical to surgesst that this sort of event should be held on FM6 and some other type of event that suits fh3. I have only played the demo of Horizon so I will make am assumptions based on that experience. I think most fh3 players like to roam in the open world that's seems to be the most attractive feature. MayBe an event that evolves racing in the open world and finding the quickest route to a check point would be more appealing to fh3 players.

Obviously the low sign up could just be down to the lack of players. Can anyone give me an idea of how popular fh3 is compared to fm6. Are there 10000 players. ? Are all the players casuals ? Maybe no 1 realises this event is taking place. 1 more thing regarding fh3 are the leagues the same as FM6? How does this event actually work on fh3

I don't agree that a different event is needed in FH3.

If you think a different type of event is needed for FM6 then sure.

FH3 definitely attracts different types of players.

Some are competitive, some are cruisy. Let the cruisy be cruisy and let the competitors compete.

I say the FH3 event is fine as it is.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:47:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:40:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M Rossi Jr Go to Quoted Post
I'm personally dissapointed that they didn't do another Open league on FM6. Would've been nice to actually have decent sized lobbies in Pinnacle again.

There is no way to do a open league. Wreckers would ruin it. Turn 10 knows this that's why it's left out.
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:56:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KatoWerks Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: M Rossi Jr Go to Quoted Post

There is no way to do a open league. Wreckers would ruin it. Turn 10 knows this that's why it's left out.

Its not that bad but I think your right. It's been moaned about so much maybe we have seen the end of leagues on fm6. The can am league has a grand total of 8 racers this week in pinnicle. It's a shame because that's what the majority of people want and winning is not limited to the top 32.
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:11:34 AM(UTC)
As someone who plays Horizon 3 all the time and is participating in week 2 as a first time in the competition, i think a big problem is the advertisement.

I've been playing Horizon 3 at least 3-4 times a week since the game came out and about 2 days ago was the first time i ever saw the loading screen that had ForzaRC on it and was the first time i'd even heard of the thing.

I've also gotten the Forza games on launch since 5 (played 3 as well) and had also never heard of a league in FM6 so i think some better/smarter marketing needs to be done, i would've liked to have participated in some of the FM6 ones before FH3 came out.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:54:42 PM(UTC)
Its because the advertising for it is horrible. The in game messages for it all came in week 1, instead of each time the new events are posted. Everyone forgets about it.

I also think that having its own tab in the forums is hurtful. People who only frequent the FM6 or FH3 forums specifically, never see any threads about. Again, out of people's minds.

One thing that could be helpful, radio anoucements like they do for forzathon in freeroam.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:56:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:56:05 AM(UTC)
I agree the forzaRC forum is a ghost town. It should be in the sub section of the main forum for each game
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:09:31 AM(UTC)
The recreational series is on BOTH FH3 and FM6.

Read the article again. There's a link to the prize structure for the top 10 in each FM6 recreational series.

I missed this at first too.
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 7:23:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Read the article again. There's a link to the prize structure for the top 10 in each FM6 recreational series.

Its miss leading. The Recreational series rules state they are league based and u can only score during the default league times. But there is no league on fm6 only fh3. I understand the confusion but after talking about this with several people it is impossible unless they open a league on fm6 like a week ago. It's a dam Shane because the prize structure for the fh3 leagues is brilliant.
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:05:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Its miss leading. The Recreational series rules state they are league based and u can only score during the default league times. But there is no league on fm6 only fh3. I understand the confusion but after talking about this with several people it is impossible unless they open a league on fm6 like a week ago. It's a dam Shane because the prize structure for the fh3 leagues is brilliant.

It's all via rivals. There's no leagues. I think ESL copied some text from the previous season and forgot to replace league with rivals.

Reread the FM6 article. It's a lot clearer.

I only noticed the FM6 recreational rivals when looking for the elite rivals event. Upon further research I realized that rivals event in FM6 was also awarding prizes.
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:41:14 AM(UTC)
Surly not the same prizes from the fh3 recreational leagues. Them prises are awsome. I will have a re read but if this is true I didnt stand a chance on rivals anyway
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:51:25 AM(UTC)
Sorry for the double post. I have re read this thread
http://forums.forzamotor...ForzaRC-S2------FM6.aspx

There is a link to the Recreational series rules that I don't think should be there. There's no information on the rivals and the prizes are horizon unicorns. I don't think we will get anything for the Recreational rivals that are on fm6. I belive the catalunya gp recreational rival will be the last 1. I think these recreational rivals were just a filler while the elite rivals started
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:25:28 AM(UTC)
Sorry for the double post. I have re read this thread
http://forums.forzamotor...ForzaRC-S2------FM6.aspx

There is a link to the Recreational series rules that I don't think should be there. There's no information on the rivals and the prizes are horizon unicorns. I don't think we will get anything for the Recreational rivals that are on fm6. I belive the catalunya gp recreational rival will be the last 1. I think these recreational rivals were just a filler while the elite rivals started

Don't read that.

It's mentioned here http://www.forzamotorspo...s/FRC_Season_2_Rec_Rules

Top ten get $25 swag bags in FM6 recreational series. FH3 has the best prizes.

Edited by user Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:29:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:33:53 AM(UTC)
Yep it would appear u are bang on thanks for pointing that out but still no chance of top 10. I should of bought horizon and hammered them leagues

Notification

Icon
Error