18 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
Rank: Racing Legend
#176 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 5:56:04 PM(UTC)



Click for the full size

#1 | Selected
#2 > #6 | Rejects



1997 Skyline GT-R V-Spec | Votes so far: Shot 1 > 2 Votes / Shot 2 > 0 Votes / Shot 3 > 0 Votes

Deadline for voting on the above. As well as the Enzo & M4 Shots: Monday Afternoon
______________________________
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Second one on the GT-R hands down. BUT: I think it's too dark for the project. Quite hard for people to see what the car really looks like.
Bearing this in mind, I'd say 1 as you already chose.
It should be noted that since the GT-R V-Spec shot you are talking about was captured by Xbox DVR, it means the shot looks a little bit different compared to the shot saved in-game and then uploaded to FM.net. But with that said. While it isn't dark on my screen due to it running a different colour profile & settings. And while everyone will never have the same calibration settings, even if we all used the same display. All I can say is one thing about your thoughts. Thanks once again.

Example



Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post






Gorgeous work Pebb. I also agree with Steve for the project photo.
Thanks for commenting again.

Originally Posted by: Sp4nkn88 Go to Quoted Post
Loving shots 2 and 3 there mate! I love the angles and positions you find, that is what makes your work stand out above the rest a true master!
Cheers :)

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 5:57:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#177 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:12:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pebb Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Second one on the GT-R hands down. BUT: I think it's too dark for the project. Quite hard for people to see what the car really looks like.
Bearing this in mind, I'd say 1 as you already chose.

It should be noted that since the GT-R V-Spec shot you are talking about was captured by Xbox DVR, it means the shot looks a little bit different compared to the shot saved in-game and then uploaded to FM.net. But with that said. While it isn't dark on my screen due to it running a different colour profile & settings. And while everyone will never have the same calibration settings, even if we all used the same display. All I can say is one thing about your thoughts. Thanks once again.


I didn't mean dark as in "I can't see anything". It's certainly visible, and since I know the car there's no problem for me to know what it's about.
What I meant is this: think of it as if your aunt, who doesn't know anything about cars, would look at the shot. She wouldn't really be able to tell what it looks like aside from the distinctive rear lights. If she were to look at the 'all cars' section to make a decision on here next purchase, this would not be a good picture to help her decide. Hope you understand what I'm going for here.
Not trying to diminish your work at all here! It's an amazing picture. This is just the reason why I think it does not entire live up to the rules/doesn't suite the project :).

Oh and about my thoughts: as you might have noticed, I don't mind sharing them at all haha. I hope you don't mind (or anyone else).
Rank: Racing Legend
#178 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 5:48:20 AM(UTC)
Cheers again for going in-depth and shedding some more light on your thoughts. Now with that mentioned, it is time to give everyone an update on the results for all three voting sessions.

Enzo Voting - Both Shots are still tied in terms of votes. | Next vote decides what shot is selected. / Deadline: 3 hours and 12 minutes from now.
M4 Voting - Just like above the two choices are still a tie. | Next vote decides what shot is selected. / Deadline: 3 hours and 12 minutes from now.
Skyline Voting - Shot 1 has won!

Edited by user Monday, November 7, 2016 5:49:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: Series Champion
#179 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 6:32:42 AM(UTC)
The selected shot and the last shot of the Wraith are both lovely. If it were me, I'd pick shot one for the Enzo. The zoom and setup is very nice.
Rank: Racing Legend
#180 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 6:48:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post
The selected shot and the last shot of the Wraith are both lovely. If it were me, I'd pick shot one for the Enzo. The zoom and setup is very nice.
Thanks for submitting the final vote on the Enzo, which see's shot 1 winning. Now all that needs to be decided is what shot wins in the M4 Voting Session. / Deadline: 2 hours and 12 minutes from now.


The Shots



Next Vote decides what shot is submitted.

Edited by user Monday, November 7, 2016 6:50:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#181 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 7:16:56 AM(UTC)
You've been very busy Pebb, so much awesome stuff since my last visit :)

First congratulations on your pmc win, just saw it in the WIR!


I love this one and I think the crowd really adds to this shot and gives it a nice atmosphere.


Beautiful how you used the lighting in this shot. I like the warm colors as it gives the picture the feeling of a sunny autumn day.
It was hard to pick a favourite out of the McLaren set.


I don't have to say much here, just Wow! Incredible contrast.
Also I like the last one of the Skyline set, very colorful.


This is my favourite out of the Wraith set. I like the lighting here. I only would have centered the car a little bit more.



Rank: Racing Legend
#182 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 9:33:08 AM(UTC)
All Cars Project | All Shots






Click for the full size



@ Guguhype: I wanted to pan a bit more upwards so the car is a little bit lower in the frame. But after doing some tweaks, I just couldn't get rid of some unwanted background scenery. And due to this the shot you see was the result after 5-15 minutes of tweaking.

Edited by user Monday, November 7, 2016 9:34:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#183 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 9:26:28 PM(UTC)
That Mazda shot tho... really good!
Also the mclaren is really good too
Rank: Racing Legend
#184 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:26:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MFU82 Go to Quoted Post
That Mazda shot tho... really good!
Also the mclaren is really good too
Thanks for the comment and visit.


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#185 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:27:54 AM(UTC)
Great to see your final entries all together, a stellar cast of well photographed automobiles. I think i've passed comment on most on the past couple of pages, although i don't remember the Mclaren, great shot, love the b/w and the reflections coming through onto the road surface. The Rolls Royce Wraith just feels like it belongs in that photo, definately a chauffeur waiting for some big earner to come from a top end meeting.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:28:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Rank: B-Class Racing License
#186 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2016 12:35:28 PM(UTC)
Love the BMW and Rolls shots! Excellent job Pebb, wish I could take them as well as you do!
Rank: Racing Legend
#187 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 6:09:48 AM(UTC)


Click for the full size



Originally Posted by: Desperado9009 Go to Quoted Post
Great to see your final entries all together, a stellar cast of well photographed automobiles. I think i've passed comment on most on the past couple of pages, although i don't remember the Mclaren, great shot, love the b/w and the reflections coming through onto the road surface. The Rolls Royce Wraith just feels like it belongs in that photo, definately a chauffeur waiting for some big earner to come from a top end meeting.
Thanks for the comment and visit.

Originally Posted by: Insane Ridicule Go to Quoted Post
Excellent job Pebb, wish I could take them as well as you do!
Don't be so silly, because in my view you can produce good photomode shots. :)

Edited by user Friday, November 11, 2016 6:10:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: Series Champion
#188 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 7:30:27 AM(UTC)
It would be great to see that second entry win. Good luck Pebb :)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#189 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 2:36:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post
It would be great to see that second entry win. Good luck Pebb :)

+1 I'll always root for a landscape shot to win

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#190 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 2:59:10 AM(UTC)


Majestic!
Rank: Racing Legend
#191 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 6:41:37 PM(UTC)

Click for the full size


Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post
It would be great to see that second entry win. Good luck Pebb :)
Thanks for the support.

Originally Posted by: iHomie OG Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post
It would be great to see that second entry win. Good luck Pebb :)

+1 I'll always root for a landscape shot to win
Personally I do not feel that confident when entering any Photomode Contests at this moment in time. However if I went back in time and entered any FM4 Photomode Contests, then it would be a different story.

Originally Posted by: Sergi01978 Go to Quoted Post


Majestic!
Cheers Sergi :)

Edited by user Saturday, November 12, 2016 6:53:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#192 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 8:20:06 PM(UTC)
Come on Pebb you entering a Comp is like butter on bread .... It's all in the taste.


I don't mean your photos taste like butter i just mean that you have good taste in the shots you take.
Rank: Racing Legend
#193 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 1:21:55 PM(UTC)

Click for the full size


Originally Posted by: Brokenvegetable Go to Quoted Post
Come on Pebb you entering a Comp is like butter on bread .... It's all in the taste.


I don't mean your photos taste like butter i just mean that you have good taste in the shots you take.
Every Judge will see something different in a shot. While others will have certain tastes and due to this, I just can't seem to go on a long enough run to make me be overjoyed. Instead while I wait for every result to be added to the winners topic, one thing is always thought by me. Please just put me out of my misery.

Edited by user Sunday, November 13, 2016 1:25:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#194 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 1:30:34 PM(UTC)
I only entered the turn 10 comps very spareingly until this game. Now I feel I can produce enough quality photos to make a run at it. I have won twice so far. So I not doing to bad. But I still think there are people out there way better than me though.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#195 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 1:36:09 PM(UTC)
I don't think any of us are in any doubt you deserve to win far more comps than you have :)
Absolutely astonishing job on your all cars shots, I think my favourite has to be the replaced Aston shot, it's just flawless!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#196 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 3:30:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pebb Go to Quoted Post
[center]


Is that a peacock?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#197 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 5:39:31 PM(UTC)
Pebb, there's no doubt your work is nothing short but authentic. We're all capable of being winners. But are you willing to adjust your craft for a few photocomp wins? Don't forget, you have the community across the boards viewing, and supporting your work. Overall, a greater accomplishment in my book.
Rank: Racing Legend
#198 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 11:02:08 AM(UTC)
In-Game I am running out of space. And due to this the community is being given a chance to save two shots from each list for use in future Photomode contests, which gives me a total of six shots to use in the official PMC. Unless of course my in-game limit is reached again over the next few weeks.



Click for the full size | Deadline: 17/11/2016


Votes so far / From Flickr & FM.net:

Aston Martin One-77 | #1 - 4 / #2 - 2 / #3 - 4 / #4 - 4
Corvette C1 | #1 - 3 / #2 - 1 / #3 - 3 / #4 - 5 / #5 - 2
McLaren P1 | #1 - 2 / #2 - 6 / #3 - 6

Updated: Thursday at 01:12am



Originally Posted by: Brokenvegetable Go to Quoted Post
I only entered the turn 10 comps very spareingly until this game. Now I feel I can produce enough quality photos to make a run at it. I have won twice so far. So I not doing to bad. But I still think there are people out there way better than me though.
The shots you have won with so far are worthy winners. Also when ever you create a shot you always look at one of the most important things. And that is layout which is a term that can mean a mix of things, when it comes to photography or art. And well one of those things is Rules of Third.


Originally Posted by: HOOKERno1 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think any of us are in any doubt you deserve to win far more comps than you have :)
Absolutely astonishing job on your all cars shots, I think my favourite has to be the replaced Aston shot, it's just flawless!
Thanks for the support once again.


Originally Posted by: evomunk Go to Quoted Post
Pebb, there's no doubt your work is nothing short but authentic. We're all capable of being winners. But are you willing to adjust your craft for a few photocomp wins? Don't forget, you have the community across the boards viewing, and supporting your work. Overall, a greater accomplishment in my book.
One thing that has me stumped is what kind of settings Turn 10 prefers to see. Because during the FM3 and FM4 photomode days, I would use brightness settings between 34-47. And while using such settings along ranging between 20-75 contrast it would result in improving my chances. However in the Xbox One era of Forza Photomode it should be noted that the contrast spectum is far larger now, which when it comes to shots it seems like more people are using a brightness of at least 60-70.

But when I use such settings with a contrast of say 70-80, one thing always comes to my mind when shots are captured during certain times of day, angles or body colour. The outer edges or high contrast shadows look a bit mucky, dirty or unclean. Yet what does this mean on the whole for me. Well I will keep switching betwen settings depending on a range of factors, with one such factor being shadows on scenery of course as well as body pannels or wheels.


Closing Thoughts: Maybe I am being too hard on myself. Yet at the end of the day, everyone who has given me support so far must be thanked. But aside from that, I should also mention my feelings won't stop me from experimenting from time to time. / Interesting personal numberplate fact: My personal numberplate as seen in my shots & ingame use's a shortened version of the word, Experiment.


Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Pebb Go to Quoted Post
[center]


Is that a peacock?
Maybe it is a Peacock or maybe it is something else. But at the end of the day if you were someone else, then you might see something completey different.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:12:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#199 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 2:50:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pebb Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Is that a peacock?
Maybe it is a Peacock or maybe it is something else. But at the end of the day if you were someone else, then you might see something completey different.

That's what makes it unique :)

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#200 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 4:08:49 PM(UTC)
Aston Martin 1&4
Vette 4&5
P1 1&2

I do try to keep things squared up as much as I can. I try not to let a piece of a wing or corner of the car left off screen. I want each shot I take to look as good as I can make it. So I spend time flexing each component of the filters to make sure that I can get the best lighting effect I think is best for each shot. Sometimes the natural light makes that really hard to do, with lens flare and such. But there are some things I just have not spent time on to perfect yet. I am doing more up close stuff which is new. But I am still a ways off from people like you and viper.
18 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error