26 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 8:26:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Desperado9009 Go to Quoted Post
Great shots love love love the action shot you've gone for, i really like shot 4 from the extras. Some nice colours you picked for the car as well. :-)

Thanks, The action shot was going to either the orange car shots or the blue one I liked that one a lot too. But I felt the orange on the road felt better. I wanted to use many of the colors because there were like twenty for the Challenger.
#127 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:41:16 AM(UTC)
Great Work on the Challenger R/T Shots..Nice colours and angles :)
#128 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:47:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brokenvegetable Go to Quoted Post

Jeez, wow. Amazing set there man! Love all of these.
Personally would've chosen this last one as the still submission. It's not much of a difference with what you've gone for, but I like the angle and lighting better. It's dark, but still perfectly visible.
Regarding the action shot: surreal quality there. However, I really do like the purple action shot too as the front is really detailed and the car is slightly more revealed on the side. I think a mixture of those two actions shots would've made it shot of the year haha.

#129 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 3:22:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: torque99GTP Go to Quoted Post
Great Work on the Challenger R/T Shots..Nice colours and angles :)

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think.
#130 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 3:26:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post

Jeez, wow. Amazing set there man! Love all of these.
Personally would've chosen this last one as the still submission. It's not much of a difference with what you've gone for, but I like the angle and lighting better. It's dark, but still perfectly visible.
Regarding the action shot: surreal quality there. However, I really do like the purple action shot too as the front is really detailed and the car is slightly more revealed on the side. I think a mixture of those two actions shots would've made it shot of the year haha.

Thanks!

I did really like the last still way more as well. But I found it was too dark for the project so I ended up with something bit more bright. However that last still shot is my favorite as well. Yea I get what you are saying about mixing the two action shots. As I tried many different angles on that shot before taking it. If I revealed more of the side because of how much I zoomed out the shot was ruined if I left the front of the car much at all. It made it look all disproportionate. But I loved the look it gave from the front. So I ended up going to the side as much as I could and then took the shot. And that is what you see for the action shot.
#131 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2016 4:13:28 PM(UTC)
Thanks!

I did really like the last still way more as well. But I found it was too dark for the project so I ended up with something bit more bright. However that last still shot is my favorite as well. Yea I get what you are saying about mixing the two action shots. As I tried many different angles on that shot before taking it. If I revealed more of the side because of how much I zoomed out the shot was ruined if I left the front of the car much at all. It made it look all disproportionate. But I loved the look it gave from the front. So I ended up going to the side as much as I could and then took the shot. And that is what you see for the action shot.

Do you really think it's too dark? I've looked at some of the pictures staff commented on in the sheet earlier, mostly of which were 'too dark'. Those pictures were too dark in a sense that you could not properly see the car or some of its details, which is not the case in this one in my opinion. It's still a very clear image. However, you're more experienced in this so I'll take you know what they would like to see haha.

As for that action shot: I already thought that would happen, so I get why you chose to go with this. Beautiful photo regardless.
#132 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 6:54:05 AM(UTC)
Thanks!

Do you really think it's too dark? I've looked at some of the pictures staff commented on in the sheet earlier, mostly of which were 'too dark'. Those pictures were too dark in a sense that you could not properly see the car or some of its details, which is not the case in this one in my opinion. It's still a very clear image. However, you're more experienced in this so I'll take you know what they would like to see haha.

As for that action shot: I already thought that would happen, so I get why you chose to go with this. Beautiful photo regardless.

Yea I think for my taste it was too dark. Its an amazing shot and I really like it but not for the All Cars project. Its more of a Photocomp picture.
#133 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:07:56 AM(UTC)

"All Cars" Project
Car: Ferrari 166MM
Shots taken: 13
2 Submitted, 1 Action 1 Still

Action Shot Submitted:

Still Shot Submitted:

All the rest in the order they were shot:

(Shot 7 Submitted Action Shot)

(Shot 12 Submitted Still Shot)

#134 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:31:29 AM(UTC)
I really like the last action shot which i'm guessing is a different angle and shutter speed added to that of your still shot? Think i would have maybe had your action shot as a still. Great work though and you've done well not making the drivers to intrusive.

#135 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:42:16 AM(UTC)
I really like the last action shot which i'm guessing is a different angle and shutter speed added to that of your still shot? Think i would have maybe had your action shot as a still. Great work though and you've done well not making the drivers to intrusive.

No the Still shot was apart of the shots taken with the one above it as the lights were on. Then the sun came up and I took JUST the last shot by itself because the lights on the car went off. It was going to be my Action submission until I noticed that if you blow the picture up almost the whole car is out of focus. I know its not a huge distraction but to me its enough that I know its a bit out of focus and couldnt live with it.

Yea I didnt want to have the head of someone in the way of the shot. With the Jeep Willys that I am doing next. Its impossible to cut the guy out of it. But I do try my best to blend him in so it looks like he belongs I just with you had an option to remove the person from the shot. Like turning on and off the rain on the lens in Horizon 2.
#136 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:48:58 AM(UTC)
Thats a shame that its not quite right, still what you have picked are great. I just noticed the lights and was about to edit my reply but you beat me to it. I really think an option to remove the drivers is a must, whether the people in charge see it as an important issue is a different matter. Look forward to your jeep set, i'm not sure what to do next, really need to play a bit and get some money together. :-)

#137 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 8:09:53 AM(UTC)
Thats a shame that its not quite right, still what you have picked are great. I just noticed the lights and was about to edit my reply but you beat me to it. I really think an option to remove the drivers is a must, whether the people in charge see it as an important issue is a different matter. Look forward to your jeep set, i'm not sure what to do next, really need to play a bit and get some money together. :-)

Yea I think in their next game or maybe even at the update with an expansion they MIGHT look at that as something. I know its on their radar for photographers as it has been brought up before.

IF you want a crazy fun cars to take pictures of... 2017 Raptor with front chains, ANY Lexus and the Prowler. Take these cars out and I promise you will have amazing shots in no time. The contrast on the cars is crazy. For the Raptor and the prowler you have plastic parts that stick out and it makes for great standing out shots... rain and bright sun. Like run the truck through the rain forest and stop it when the light has tiger stripped the truck. Put the prowler on the street and watch it shine in the rain. Take any lexus into the city or on the beaches and just watch how many shots you take!
#138 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 10:42:42 AM(UTC)
"All Cars" Project
Car: Jeep Willys MB
Pictures taken 17
2 Shots Submitted, 1 Action 1 Still

Action Shot Submitted:

Still Shot Submitted:

Rest of the shots in the order they were taken:

(Shot 1 Submitted Action)

These two are the same shot. One B&W the other color.

Extras:

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:26:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#139 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 12:24:15 PM(UTC)

Don't want to sound [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] here, just some constructive feedback. So my apologies if I do sound like one.
I don't like the still shot you've gone for, for the following reason(s):
Almost no details of the front are visible. The angle is a bit weird as most of what you're seeing is the side, however it doesn't look like a side shot either. Then there's the fact there's nothing interesting to see on the side of the car either, except for a shovel. It looks like a picture taken from a photoshoot of the guy rather than the car.
However, the shot I'm quoting here is an absolute beauty! You've captured the side, but people can also distinguish the front. The guy is barely visible, the detail is great. And last but not least: I think the setting goes perfect with it. It looks like a typical war movie ending scene. Soldiers returning home at sunset and leaving all their problems behind. I think this one's amazing.
I'd personally pick this one, so I thought I'd explain why. Hope I didn't sound too harsh!

Edited by user Monday, November 14, 2016 2:03:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#140 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 12:58:41 PM(UTC)

Beautiful! I can't help but think it would've looked a little bit better with the wheels turned the other way.

Great lighting!

Again, awesome lighting here.

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 5:01:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#141 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 2:36:37 PM(UTC)
Absolutely love the Challenger set!! I don't know how you could pick a stand out they're all fantastic!!
#142 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 2:45:19 PM(UTC)

I like how subtle the outline of the jeep is in this one! Also looks like somethin your grandfather would whip out when he tells his WW2 stories

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#143 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:17:57 PM(UTC)

Don't want to sound lick a **** here, just some constructive feedback. So my apologies if I do sound like one.
I don't like the still shot you've gone for, for the following reason(s):
Almost no details of the front are visible. The angle is a bit weird as most of what you're seeing is the side, however it doesn't look like a side shot either. Then there's the fact there's nothing interesting to see on the side of the car either, except for a shovel. It looks like a picture taken from a photoshoot of the guy rather than the car.
However, the shot I'm quoting here is an absolute beauty! You've captured the side, but people can also distinguish the front. The guy is barely visible, the detail is great. And last but not least: I think the setting goes perfect with it. It looks like a typical war movie ending scene. Soldiers returning home at sunset and leaving all their problems behind. I think this one's amazing.
I'd personally pick this one, so I thought I'd explain why. Hope I didn't sound too harsh!

Don't worry, Say whatever you want at all times. You're not anything but honest and a human. No worries. Different perspectives when accepted makes us better people. I understand what you are saying about the front of the Jeep. You are right the still shot has an awkward angle to it. I can't tell you why I like it so much but I do. However I think I might switch the still to the one to mentioned. As I do like that one too. Thank you for voicing you opinion. I enjoy the feedback.
#144 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:19:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post

Beautiful! i can't help but think it would've looked a little bit better with the wheels turned the other way.

Great lighting!

Again, awesome lighting here.

I tried that Challenger shot with the wheel in the other direction at first but switched it. Maybe it would have looked better straight. I didnt like seeing so much of the tire. I wanted to see more of the rim. Thanks for coming by!
#145 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sp4nkn88 Go to Quoted Post
Absolutely love the Challenger set!! I don't know how you could pick a stand out they're all fantastic!!

I have a hard time choosing favorites all the time.... Like my new set for the F40 I am not sure how to choose!
#146 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:21:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iHomie OG Go to Quoted Post

I like how subtle the outline of the jeep is in this one! Also looks like somethin your grandfather would whip out when he tells his WW2 stories

The only thing I don't like about this shot is the license plate. I wish I had gone into this one without a plate. But I do like how this shot came out. Thanks for stopping by.
#147 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:47:48 PM(UTC)
"All Cars" Project
Car: Ferrari F40
Pictures Taken: 21
2 Shots Submitted: 1 Action 1 Still

Action Shot Submitted:

Still Shot Submitted:

The rest of the shot in the order taken:

(Shot 11 Submitted Action)

(Shot 18 Submitted Still)

Extra Shots:

Forza Showrooms Facebook Page post

Extras

Landscapes

WARNING!!!!Now I know some of you don't enjoy these type of photos from me but from time to time I just can't pass it up to do them!!!!!!WARNING

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:50:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#148 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 6:46:36 PM(UTC)

Dead!
#149 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:16:40 PM(UTC)

Now onto the proper photos lol. First off: "oooooh there she is! my precious :D"
Now this shot is really good. Gives me these vintage Italian mob vibes.
I need to take her out for another shoot again soon. I'm eager to know what I can accomplish after all my progress.

*edit: btw you should have a look at my thread (it's a bit burried now I know), I replied to you.

Edited by user Sunday, November 6, 2016 7:17:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#150 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 8:00:29 PM(UTC)

Dead!

Yup, I die all the time. You should see the ones I don't post. This is what I do when I need a break from normal shooting. :)
26 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error