This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 3:18:36 PM(UTC)
Well this is a complete farce! I was looking forward to completing the challenge every week and collecting a nice prize at the end of it, and I've now like so many others I've been denied that thanks to the organisers not being able to get their act together on the timings. I hope they will apologise and give us a chance to re-run Week 1 though I don't hold out much hope.

Also when I started up the game today I had messages asking if I wanted to play Weeks 2-7. Whats the point of sending a message telling me about Week 7 and asking me to click A to go to it, when its not available for another 5 weeks? They really need to get their act together as they are losing the good will of the community.
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 5:27:30 PM(UTC)
I'm confident they will give us a great solution :)

Either week 1 won't count for the final price or we can do it again.

And we get the price for week 1 together with the price for week 2.

Again.
This is not our mistake at all but based on a very misleading info and they can't blame their community for mistakes they did.

But again - i'm confident it will turn out the best way for us :)
Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 6:00:43 PM(UTC)
https://play.eslgaming.c...n-2-recreational-series/

Quote:
Forza Racing Championship Season 2 Recreational Series

Quick Rules
The Recreational Series requires a one-time registration; weekly sign-up is not required.
Settings will be set and managed for all players entirely by Microsoft or their designated agent for each week’s Recreation Series play
With the exception of week 1, the Leagues will open on Sunday at 8 am PDT (5 pm CEST) and close the following Sunday at 7:59 am PDT (4:59 am CEST). For week 1, the Leagues will open on Friday 10/28 at 8am PDT, and close on Sunday 10/30 at 7:59am PDT (4:59am CEST)
Scores are eligible during these three periods per day - Overview

So if I post a time outside of these time periods it will not be counted? How can you tell where you rank if you don't know whose times were posted during an eligible time, and whose were not? Is the Rival event just not available to post times during these closed periods? This kind of detail being buried within 3 links from the main information posting on the Turn 10 news article is confusing. Am I just misunderstanding this?

So if I am in the Eastern time zone, any time posted between 10:00am and 1:00pm, 7:00pm and 9:00pm, and 3:00am to 4:00am would not be eligible, correct?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by user Sunday, October 30, 2016 6:02:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 6:59:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DChaps66 Go to Quoted Post
https://play.eslgaming.com/forza/xbox/forzamotorsport6-one/open/championship-season-2-recreational-series/

Quote:

Quick Rules
The Recreational Series requires a one-time registration; weekly sign-up is not required.
Settings will be set and managed for all players entirely by Microsoft or their designated agent for each week’s Recreation Series play
With the exception of week 1, the Leagues will open on Sunday at 8 am PDT (5 pm CEST) and close the following Sunday at 7:59 am PDT (4:59 am CEST). For week 1, the Leagues will open on Friday 10/28 at 8am PDT, and close on Sunday 10/30 at 7:59am PDT (4:59am CEST)

So if I post a time outside of these time periods it will not be counted? How can you tell where you rank if you don't know whose times were posted during an eligible time, and whose were not? Is the Rival event just not available to post times during these closed periods? This kind of detail being buried within 3 links from the main information posting on the Turn 10 news article is confusing. Am I just misunderstanding this?

So if I am in the Eastern time zone, any time posted between 10:00am and 1:00pm, 7:00pm and 9:00pm, and 3:00am to 4:00am would not be eligible, correct?

I agree its confusing.

Its even confusing why they need specific periods for a rivals event. What do we get an advantage between 1pm and 7pm?

Every time I ran in the week 1 event it seemed to update my time. Does that mean I was within a window ie does the leaderboard comply with the windows of eligibility?

Otherwise its a total shambles.

Realisitically I am unlikely to hit top 25 given prize events seem to bring in the players who are really quick but I sincerely hope the in game leaderboards are not accepting inelligible times.
I blame the ants.
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 8:12:30 PM(UTC)
I believe that was a copy and paste from when Season 1 used Leagues and probably doesn't apply to this season.
"https://gfx.esl.eu/gfx/media/play/forza/rules-1112-forzaRCSeason1Finals.jpg"

Edited by user Sunday, October 30, 2016 8:14:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:51:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DChaps66 Go to Quoted Post
https://play.eslgaming.com/forza/xbox/forzamotorsport6-one/open/championship-season-2-recreational-series/

Quote:

Quick Rules

The one wrote the rules on ESL made a mess and take info from Season2 and mix it with S1 info. The time picture is from S1 and where the times the League races where available, has nothing to do with S2. If you payed attention you saw and still can see RCSeason1 in URL of picture.

Edited by user Sunday, October 30, 2016 11:05:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#32 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:58:31 PM(UTC)
S2 is a joke straight away. When I did the Rival friday the Car was not the Quattro. And the date given in Announcement on this site (31th) is different then what is standing at ESL (30th). MS, T10 & PG have to improve as after S1W1 also S2W1 is a laugh.

Times wrong too: This website say end 11:59 PDT but no am/pm. ESL say 7:59am PDT and how can it be that for start Europe is 9h ahead (8am PDT, 5pm CEST) and finish 3h behind (7:59am, 4:59am CEST)?

The link to a small list of times, you have to click on and refered to in above posts, is not S2 but S1.

That are 3 important matters that are different between MS/T10 post and ESL post.

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 12:14:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 11:08:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Big B 1970 Go to Quoted Post
Well this is a complete farce! I was looking forward to completing the challenge every week and collecting a nice prize at the end of it, and I've now like so many others I've been denied that thanks to the organisers not being able to get their act together on the timings. I hope they will apologise and give us a chance to re-run Week 1 though I don't hold out much hope.

Also when I started up the game today I had messages asking if I wanted to play Weeks 2-7. Whats the point of sending a message telling me about Week 7 and asking me to click A to go to it, when its not available for another 5 weeks? They really need to get their act together as they are losing the good will of the community.
Well said -- my feelings exactly.
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 11:43:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rockstof Go to Quoted Post
Well i guess i'm screwed again, wanted to participate every week to get that special car. But today i noticed i didn't sign up correctly to ESL. And after finaly sign up correctly , i noticed the week1 event is allready finished. Yesterday i thought i signed up and put down a nice time around 160 place.But today i noticed i only created an account by ESL yesterday.Just sad week 1 was so short, sorry maybe it's me being so dumb, but it's the first time i heard of this forza racing championship. I hope i still have a chance to get my hands on that special car in the future. Don't get me wrong, it's a great concept and i fully support it. Only verry confusing week 1 ( =1 day) and those 3 blocks of hours your time should count...... But hell yeah , i'm glad to be back in forza after my long break. Cheers.

How do you sign up correctly? I'm not too sure if I did it right. Signed up for the league and added xbox live gamertag to my game accounts was there any more linking to be done?
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 1:05:26 AM(UTC)
ESL tries to deny the ForzaRC started, while I'm being clear, I refer to the FH3 part. So confronted ESL with a tweet from ManteoMax, they retweeted. And with the S1 info inside their Date/Times part. Didn't respond back on that yet, while fast with first respond.

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 1:07:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 4:42:01 AM(UTC)
Same as everyone else. Waited until yesterday, the 31st, to log on and set a lap time. Found no Week 1 event, which was supposed to be available through 10/31 according to the front page story. I'm disappointed, obviously won't be getting the One-77. Not sure if I'll even bother with the rest of the event now.
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 5:28:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sn95nik Go to Quoted Post
Same as everyone else. Waited until yesterday, the 31st, to log on and set a lap time. Found no Week 1 event, which was supposed to be available through 10/31 according to the front page story. I'm disappointed, obviously won't be getting the One-77. Not sure if I'll even bother with the rest of the event now.

Well, if it's any solace, you'll be missing out on the 1977 V8 Vantage, not the One-77. I will be, too, but as long as I get my Warthog (never played Halo, never will), I'm happy.

Having said all that: some form of explanation from MSoft/T10/PG/ESL as to what's going on would be nice.

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 5:30:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 6:08:22 AM(UTC)
Oh, haha. Well, this makes two games in a row where I've missed out on that car, since I wasn't fast enough to win it as a unicorn in FM6. :(

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 6:08:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 7:53:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RHYMiN46 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KatoWerks Go to Quoted Post
The ForzaRC is off to another smashing start. Good job guys.

nice...so that means there is no possibility to play the week 1 because it´s closed yet?!

Im still holding out hope that Microsoft makes things right. That remains to be seen though.
#40 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:12:14 AM(UTC)
I really feel sorry for the people that missed this. I almost did. A friend sent me a message about this Sunday morning. I got the message about 6am on the US west coast where I live. I immediate did the event. I was under the belief that the event would end later like several people that have posted on this thread.

I do agree something should be done to compensate the drives who missed out because of the contradicting information posted on the websites. I would suggest that the week 1 event be reopened on the last day of the event. I wouldn't award any prizes other than the participation prize.
 2 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:46:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sn95nik Go to Quoted Post

Well, if it's any solace, you'll be missing out on the 1977 V8 Vantage, not the One-77. I will be, too, but as long as I get my Warthog (never played Halo, never will), I'm happy.

Having said all that: some form of explanation from MSoft/T10/PG/ESL as to what's going on would be nice.

Yap.

I don´t care who made the mistake but its clearly not ours so I´d like to have a solution as well.

And when Max writes this and he is a mod in this forum, I do believe him.

It clearly says 10/31.

So when the event is gone already on 10/30 its clearly a false info but surely not to our disadvanteg.

I want the pricecar for week 1 and I want the Aston.

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 10:03:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 10:10:14 AM(UTC)
Well, it's been the 31st for many hours now, and still nothing. Time to give up people, it's become pretty clear T10/PG/whoever doesn't care. I'm thinking this may be my last Forza game, the lack of communication in all areas, and plain lack of any thought in the planning of this, it's been going on too long, and I don't have any faith that it'll improve.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 10:54:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FAULTIER Go to Quoted Post

I'm sorry to have been involved in players being mislead about the date. Like everyone else I was going by the announcement article and hadn't delved into the rules to see the inconsistency at the time I posted that Tweet.

I have pointed out a couple of inaccuracies in the rules on ESL's site, and they responded that the rules are entirely up to Microsoft:
https://twitter.com/ESLForza/status/793034572720136192
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 11:37:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FAULTIER Go to Quoted Post

I'm sorry to have been involved in players being mislead about the date. Like everyone else I was going by the announcement article and hadn't delved into the rules to see the inconsistency at the time I posted that Tweet.

I have pointed out a couple of inaccuracies in the rules on ESL's site, and they responded that the rules are entirely up to Microsoft:
https://twitter.com/ESLForza/status/793034572720136192

So we're cheated out of prizes, is what you're saying.

...Can't say that I'm surprised.

By the way, as of 3:38 PM, EDT, I have recieved no response from Forza Feedback.

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 11:39:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 12:04:11 PM(UTC)
OK.

Well I still have huge thrust in Turn 10, Playground and ESL.

At least they have a forum, weekly twitches etc.

And I´m sure they won´t let us stay in the rain in this case. :)

I had trouble getting my last dlc code for season 1 and Rene from ESL Forza helped
me out very quickly on twitter.

In the end its very simple.

I took part in week 2 and I want that Aston so they should be fair and just take week 1 out of the rules.

And when even a Mod is confused or was confused, how can you blame the community for
this misleading info ??

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 12:04:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 12:53:54 PM(UTC)
I did week 1 but I have no objection with some accommodation being made. I would change Faultier's suggestion slightly. If you compete in week 2, you get the week 1 participation prize and are considered to have participated in week 1. In other words, you would be given the Ford GT Horizon edition and be eligible to get the prize for competing all 7 weeks. The ESL website just says "Custom Forza Horizon 3 livery and vehicle" for competing in all 7 weeks.
 7 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 1:47:06 PM(UTC)
Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue. Sorry for the confusion on the closing dates for the #ForzaRC Week 1 Recreation Series Rivals event in FH3. To make things right, we've re-opened the event (as of this posting) and the event will be live until Wednesday, November 2 at 4 p.m. Pacific.

Once again, sorry for the confusion and I hope everyone now has a chance to get in there and get credit for the Week 1 event.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 1:50:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue. Sorry for the confusion on the closing dates for the #ForzaRC Week 1 Recreation Series Rivals event in FH3. To make things right, we've re-opened the event (as of this posting) and the event will be live until Wednesday, November 2 at 4 p.m. Pacific.

Once again, sorry for the confusion and I hope everyone now has a chance to get in there and get credit for the Week 1 event.

Thanks,
Brian

Appreciate the response and the fix, but this is something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Easily avoidable by making the first week last for, y'know, a week.
#49 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 2:57:24 PM(UTC)
Oh god , i am third , close it!
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 5:50:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks so much Turn 10 and Brian. There are very few developers that have supported the community and their products the way Turn 10 does. They are allowed to make mistakes now and again. How many times have they made changes based on community feedback. Actually quite a bit. Remember how many changes were made to Forza 5 and the awesome free content we later received? Thanks again for all you do. Now back to trying to beat my Rivals times......
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error