This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2016 5:45:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Th3 BlueGh0st Go to Quoted Post
just a forewarning, if u have text on one side of ur car, if u insert all from right to left side the text will be backwards.

True. To correct this copy all of the text you would like to transfer and simply paste it to the opposite side.

Another tip for letters. A quick and easy was to write words without having to resize each individual character.

We will use the word FORZA as an example.

Pick the font you would like to use and select the first letter of your word, In this case "F"

Choose the desired height, width, and skew you would like each character and stamp the number of characters in the word in a line using Y on your controller. F F F F F

Then click in the second F and change vinyl shape, this should automatically take you to the same font page and you can replace it with the next letter. In this case "O". Repeat this with all other letters until your have spelt the word. You can then space each letter accordingly.

#52 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 7:14:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ade76 PH Go to Quoted Post
Lotus E23 aero parts positions. After moving things around in the paint shop to find all the bits, I have a list of the positions of the aero parts, and colour coded them in the picture. I just hope it all makes sense :D

Main front wing (Light green)
Top/hood view
Move x -464.5 y -180.00
Size x 0.44 y 2.29

Front wing top planes (dark red)
Top/hood view
Left
Move x -302.50 y -298.00
Size x 0.91 y 0.73

Right
Move x -303.00 y 62.50
Size x 0.91 y 0.73

Front wing endplates (dark blue)
Top/hood view
Left
Move x -248.00 y 385.5
Size x 0.74 y 0.28

Right
Move x 112.50 y 383.00
Size x 0.74 y 0.28

Front wing endplate winglets (pink)
Top/hood view
Left
Move x -389.00 -370.00
Size x 0.20 y 0.10

Right
Move x -388.0 y 0.5
Size x 0.20 y 0.10

Front wing endplate bases (orange)
Top/hood view
Left
Move x -438.00 y -335.00
Size x 0.83 y 0.11

Right
Move x -438.00 y -24.50
Size x 0.84 y 0.11

Thanks a bunch for posting this info. It allowed me to tidy up my Benetton B188 livery.
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:33:07 PM(UTC)
Any tips for painting the Aston Martin Vanquish 2012?
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:52:08 PM(UTC)
Is there a thread like there was back in FM2 (and 3 I think?) where people would request pictures of cars they wanted to paint?
I think it was called Source Thread or something along those lines.
#55 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016 5:10:41 AM(UTC)
Is there an easy way or tutorial on how to mirror a paint? I want to design my paint on one half of the car, say, half the bonnet, half the rear, and the left side, and then just mirror it to the other side of the car. Is this possible?
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:17:27 AM(UTC)
Left to right side is easy, look for import left to right below position, change color etc. Also works right to left...

On the top of the car, you can do half the car,center to right OR left, and then copy it to the clipboard, and paste to side, then import to other side and paste back to top. Rotate 180 degrees and then line it up, When I do this, I deliberately put a straight line across the design and then when the other side is rotated and you're aligning it, you simply line up the straight line, no matter how crazy the deign is....

2Old4Forza
#57 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:51:49 PM(UTC)
Can anyone tell me how to put a vinyl on the outside of the Front Wing on the Lotus E23 Formula 1 Car? I know it can be done, because there are liveries in the design catalog with vinyls on the outside of the front wing.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
#58 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 5:46:09 PM(UTC)
Depending on how many logos I have on one side, I can spend over 1hr copy/paste my logos over.

As for the Lotus E23 get your shape/logo to right size, place it on the top of car, the space right between the two front wheels like if it was a normal car its the bonnet area, then move your logo up by moving thumb stick upwards and watch the front wing, it goes up alot then your logo ends up on that front wing, then zoom in to put logo in the middle of wing.

Edited by user Friday, April 1, 2016 5:55:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:41:18 AM(UTC)
Is there a way to keep factory vinyls while still being able to change car color? You used to be able to do this in FM2, FM3, and FM4, but dunno what happened to it after Forza Horizon 1... I miss being able to create my own "manufacturer" color combos on two-tone cars. For example, in FM3, you could take a 2007 911 GT3 RS with the red checkered flag vinyls and paint it blue to get a Blue/Red 911 GT3 RS that isn't part of the manufacturer color paints. I also did a Green/red 911 GT3 RS. But now, if I do that, the whole car becomes a clean slate, so to speak, and I'd have to meticulously recreate the manufacturer vinyls.

I ask cuz I found this really sweet 911 GT3 RS 4.0 in a non-standard color that's just GORGEOUS.
#60 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:15:20 AM(UTC)
Only if you personally own all the vinyl work. Otherwise it's locked. There's a few where you can retain the team layout but not the sponsorship, which I think is the opposite of what you're looking for.

2Old4Forza
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:17:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OldSchool 2O4F Go to Quoted Post
Only if you personally own all the vinyl work. Otherwise it's locked. There's a few where you can retain the team layout but not the sponsorship, which I think is the opposite of what you're looking for.

I was referring to the paints that come with the car, not downloaded paints from the "storefront", but I suppose you're right :(
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:39:44 AM(UTC)
RESOURCE SOFTWARE

Sketch Designer is way to overlaying sponsor's logo so you can paint logos in Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Motorsport 6.
Requirement: Windows 10 with the Xbox App for Game Streaming (undocked from full screen mode using the diagonal ↕)

Download: http://logiccomplex.com/sketch-designer-release/

Here are some screenshots to show you what it can do to help with designing logos in Forza Motorsport.

Main form opens to this window.

Then you can load a PNG image with the folder icon in the top right and change the opacity of the whole form with the slider along the bottom down to 20% opacity so you can't lose the window accidentally.

The background behind the image can be made transparent by toggling the ON/OFF icon in the bottom right.

Alternately you can make the background transparent and leave the form at 100% opacity but the logo will not have any transparency to it. You can still fine tune the opacity by using the slider along the bottom to change the transparency of the image you are tracing but this does the whole form at the same time.

Still to be added is a zoom function for the image so if you have the application full screen but want to make the image smaller within the window you can change the size and keep the aspect ratio.

I have been using this myself and thought I would share my demo so far:

You layer vinyls of the basic colors and then you shade after you have complete the base image.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 11, 2018 3:39:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:00:27 AM(UTC)
Hi there Forza Painters

Im currently of thinking of doing a forza paint project that will involve some anime characters and unfortunately that is something i have never done nor attempted before.

is there any tutorials out there that might of be some use to me as i reckon it would help me out.

Thanks again guys
User is suspended until 6/10/2044 3:57:43 PM(UTC)
#64 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
I thought I'd let everyone in on the simplest way I have found to make Vinyl's first find an image you would like to make then trace the image on the TV screen with a dry erase marker. This gives you all the dimensions right in front of you. If you are worried about leaving marks on you're TV or you want easy clean up put some clear cellophane wrap on you're TV then trace the image it should stick on the TV because of the static discharge of the TV set if it doesn't rub it on the TV screen or use tape to hold it in place. When your done go back on any Forza use vinyl's to make the image you can use primitive shape 1 or the square to make all the straights lines use primitive shape 39 to paste in the curves build a framework. Once your done group the vinyl's and use primitive shape 37 aka the teardrop to fill in behind the framework. With this technique you should be able to make most images. I have the tutorial in a vinyl group on FM6 just look up my gamer tag to see it and all the stuff I have made using my technique. Its real simple and you only need to use three or four shapes to make a vinyl saving you time.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:47:19 PM(UTC)
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I really could use some.
Please pm me on here anytime
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error