This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:21:58 AM(UTC)

Hello everyone.

I'm PJ and you may remember some of my work from Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Motorsport 6. I focus on race designs and primarily paint the cars that I use most on-track.

All paints, vinyl groups and anything else I share can be found by looking up my gamertag or with the keyword PJT.
Here is a snapshot of my Storefront which you can follow as well:

Real name PJ Tierney, I was a freelance designer and illustrator before joining Konami Europe full-time in 2013 to work in Community Management. When I moved from Ireland to the UK for the job the only luxury items in my baggage at the time were my Xbox 360 and a copy of Forza Motorsport 4.

My primary line of work focuses on updating and developing the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME's official webpages for Europe & Oceania, as well as the game's official Twitch, Facebook and YouTube Channels. I also head up the European event coverage team helping to provide fans of the game with top-level event coverage several times a year.

As mentioned above I joined the company in 2013 and before that was a freelance designer and illustrator, focusing primarily on motorsport-themed artwork. I'm probably most well-known in that regard for my Formula 1 Posters, as well as the Pocket Liveries blog, a collection of minimal mobile phone wallpapers based on famous racing designs. I've worked with people from Red Bull Racing and Top Gear Magazine and have had my work featured by various publications and websites over the past few years. I still create new projects when I have the time to do so, but as you can imagine I am very busy these days and don't always have an opportunity to put the hours in to creating something from scratch.

For me the Forza series has always been the perfect combination of my 2 main interests: creative work and motorsport. My first Forza title was Forza Motorsport 2 but I didn't get heavily involved in the series until Forza Motorsport 4, when I pushed myself to become a better livery painter, tuner and racer. As a racer I am very competitive, and focus on being a fast and clean racer, while also intending to be a formidable opponent in online lobbies. I have raced competitively in the past on numerous websites, culminating in over 300 organised races and 3 Realish Racing Drivers' Championship titles.

If you want to take on my Drivatar or simply make it easier to find my designs feel free to follow my Gamertag; I look forward to seeing you all out on track.

2009 Honda #1 Honda Racing S2000

2013 Mazda #2 Mazdaspeed MX-5

2013 Subaru #3 Circuito do Rio BRZ
(Requires Rocket Bunny Wide-Body Aero Kit)

1997 Honda #4 Honda Racing Civic Type R

2016 Mazda #5 MX-5 Cup

1971 Meyers #6 Ray-Ban Rally Manx

2014 Local Motors #7 Red Bull Rally Fighter

1984 Peugeot #8 Shell Rally 205 T16

2014 BAC #9 MOMO Mono

2014 Local Motors #10 Red Bull Rally Fighter Black Edition

1945 Jeep #11 Caterpillar Willys MB

1974 Toyota #12 Minolta Corolla SR5

1972 Reliant #13 Red Bull Supervan III

1981 Ford #14 Tic Tac Fiesta XR2

1964 Aston Martin #15 Great Western Railway DB5

2015 Koenigsegg #16 Tailor Store One:1

2013 Mercedes-Benz #17 Liqui Moly G 65 AMG

1968 Alfa Romeo #346 Scar-Autostrada T33 Stradale

Vinyl Groups

Any logos or vinyl groups that I create of a high enough standard to be shared can also be found by using the keyword PJT, or via my Storefront. Feel free to download them for your own cars, or trace them so that you have your own unlocked versions. Each logo has been extensively researched so as to match the real logo's colours and dimensions as best as possible.

Screenshots are from Forza Motorsport 6, but all logos are also available in Forza Horizon 3.

Edited by user Friday, June 30, 2017 9:14:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:28:50 AM(UTC)
Great to see you in FH3 :) Thats a whole logotastic collection!
Need to share more of mine (been a bit protective of them over the years lol)

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FM7 / FH3 / FM6 / Twitter / Flickr
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:46:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
Great to see you in FH3 :) Thats a whole logotastic collection!
Need to share more of mine (been a bit protective of them over the years lol)

[AB]

Being protective of logos made sense in Forza Motorsport 4 as you could share unlocked copies to friends.

On Xbox One however everything is locked, and if somebody wants to spend a few hours tracing a logo I'm all for it. It's the only way to "share" unlocked logos now and by publishing 100% accurate versions I'm doing my bit to help us all make better, more accurate liveries ;)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:47:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:16:06 AM(UTC)
This is great! Looking forward to picking up that MX5 livery!
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:18:05 AM(UTC)
Awesome work in here i hope to visit your storefront very soon...
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:59:10 AM(UTC)
Welcome back ! I'm so glad to see you and your High Quality desings here in FH3 , i've been always a fan of you since FM4 ;)

#7 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:31:50 PM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 1:09:23 AM(UTC)
Wow PJT! Love your work and thats quite a lot of awesomeness in your freelance work!
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 1:15:11 AM(UTC)
Good stuff in here PJT. Keep up the good work.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 3:24:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: swtluu21 Go to Quoted Post
This is great! Looking forward to picking up that MX5 livery!

Originally Posted by: SuperMarioFeniX Go to Quoted Post
Awesome work in here i hope to visit your storefront very soon...

Originally Posted by: ManInTheBox55 Go to Quoted Post
Welcome back ! I'm so glad to see you and your High Quality desings here in FH3 , i've been always a fan of you since FM4 ;)

Originally Posted by: jfiler Go to Quoted Post
Good stuff!

Originally Posted by: SnakeEyes Friex Go to Quoted Post
Wow PJT! Love your work and thats quite a lot of awesomeness in your freelance work!

Originally Posted by: WildcatKNH Go to Quoted Post
Good stuff in here PJT. Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone, appreciated.

Quick update:

This car's now a Forza Horizon 3 contest winner and a featured design should you ever choose to buy a Subaru BRZ.
The winner list for Week 1 hasn't gone live yet but the design is featured in-game and I got the 500,000 CR reward yesterday evening.

2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 4:30:53 AM(UTC)
Great stuff, that Rio GP BRZ is really awesome, love the bright colors and base layout.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 2:19:47 AM(UTC)
Woop woop.

Good to see you here, always have and will admire your crisp clean work.

Best,
Whitey

PS. Hope you dont mind, going to borrow the 'Winner' graphic ;-)
www.instagram.com/polizeiyt
Gumball 3000 Livery Replication.

1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 2:49:30 AM(UTC)
Quick update:

This livery has been ported over to the 2013 Subaru BRZ Horizon Edition, and is now available on both versions of the car.

Originally Posted by: warcryFIN Go to Quoted Post
Great stuff, that Rio GP BRZ is really awesome, love the bright colors and base layout.

Cheers; I made it in Forza Motorsport 6 after seeing the track signage around the Rio circuit. Funnily enough, the designer of the Rio GP graphics for the game got in touch and wanted to add photos of my livery to his portfolio.

Originally Posted by: PolizeiYT Go to Quoted Post
Woop woop.

Good to see you here, always have and will admire your crisp clean work.

Best,
Whitey

PS. Hope you dont mind, going to borrow the 'Winner' graphic ;-)

Sure, "steal" away ;) I made that graphic so that anybody can use it on their pages.

Also, good to see you get a win after removing the gambling sponsors on your car.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 2:56:02 AM(UTC)

1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:49:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Another week another winner :)

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:28:52 PM(UTC)

Another week another winner :)

Congrats on the wins ,great to see your work in FH3. Loving the Manx (i didn't realise this was in the game!) and will be slapping the Rio livery all over my BRZ when i get one !

btw fascinating to see your other freelance graphic/poster work etc :)

Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:31:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 12:50:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeonPiG777 Go to Quoted Post

Congrats on the wins ,great to see your work in FH3. Loving the Manx (i didn't realise this was in the game!) and will be slapping the Rio livery all over my BRZ when i get one !

btw fascinating to see your other freelance graphic/poster work etc :)

Thanks for the kind words :)

The Manx is a Barn Find, doesn't appear in the Autoshow but you can get one in the Auction House.

1968 Alfa Romeo #346 Scar-Autostrada T33 Stradale

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 3:35:57 AM(UTC)
Congrats on the contest win :) The Manx is actually, in my opinion, really difficult vehicle to paint, there is not much paintable area in it and doing a great looking design for it is quite hard. Think you have done awesome job with the Ray Ban livery, the sponsor fits perfectly with the car.
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 6:16:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: warcryFIN Go to Quoted Post
Congrats on the contest win :) The Manx is actually, in my opinion, really difficult vehicle to paint, there is not much paintable area in it and doing a great looking design for it is quite hard. Think you have done awesome job with the Ray Ban livery, the sponsor fits perfectly with the car.

Yeah the Manx was tricky, many small areas and the boundaries between side and top mean that most large logos would need to be split across both surfaces.

New paints:

2014 Local Motors #7 Red Bull Rally Fighter

1984 Peugeot #8 Marlboro Rally 205 T16

----------
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 5:48:10 PM(UTC)
Very impressive work! I'm loving the Peugeot rally design, that's on my shopping list for sure.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:20:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NaughtyChemist Go to Quoted Post
Very impressive work! I'm loving the Peugeot rally design, that's on my shopping list for sure.

Cheers Chemist, glad you like it.

The 205 was a little tricky when it came to painting the wing. When you have the wing installed there is no [Wing] section in the livery editor for you to add Vinyls to. Instead, you need to uninstall the wing, go back into the editor and "guess" where the vinyls would go. I got around that by first doing the guesswork with a large rectangle (which covered the paintable area of the wing), then doing the paintwork for that section of the car on the side/roof instead, and finally copying the whole group back to the [wing] section before reinstalling the wing.

Turn 10 can make things difficult sometimes...
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:39:27 AM(UTC)

The 205 was a little tricky when it came to painting the wing. When you have the wing installed there is no [Wing] section in the livery editor for you to add Vinyls to. Instead, you need to uninstall the wing, go back into the editor and "guess" where the vinyls would go. I got around that by first doing the guesswork with a large rectangle (which covered the paintable area of the wing), then doing the paintwork for that section of the car on the side/roof instead, and finally copying the whole group back to the [wing] section before reinstalling the wing.

holy crepe... that is a big wing.... awesome designs PJ!
#23 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 4:09:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnakeEyes Friex Go to Quoted Post

holy crepe... that is a big wing.... awesome designs PJ!

Cheers Snake :)

Also, not sure if you're taking requests, but a Star Wars paint on a Ford GT Horizon Edition would be pretty neat :)

In other news, this one's a Featured Item now too.

2009 Honda #1 Honda Racing S2000

1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 5:29:31 AM(UTC)
Nice gallery!
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 2:07:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sinnermac Go to Quoted Post
Nice gallery!

2014 BAC #9 MOMO Mono

Livery also available on the 2014 BAC Mono Horizon Edition

Tune also available.
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error