This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages123>>Next
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 11 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:14:03 AM(UTC)
>NEW CALC SPREADSHEET HERE< PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

I am very happy to announce that we now have a working mobile friendly web app, made by the amazing Nedge2k, from my spreadsheet workings.

>NEW MOBILE WEB APP HERE <
AGAIN PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

Hey folks how's it going, I have for you a guide on how to tune a car on Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon Titles, this is designed to be as simple as possible to give you a strong, reliable base to work from or to hit multiplayer with.
User friendly mainly for people starting out in tuning. My methods are not necessarily the definitive way to tune, just offering another angle to tune from. please feel free to leave feedback by dropping a comment below.
My spreadsheet is designed to work along side the guide and involve you more in the tuning process, or if you prefer to tune and go this will get you well on your way.

NOTE spreadsheet may appear on a live Web page it is advisable to download or save it if you can from the Web page. You should have no problem viewing on Excel offline. Usable on your mobile as well if you have an app that allows you to read Excel files on your device.

>GUIDE IN DOC< This is the link to the guide as a word and pdf document.

Thanks for reading guys, don't forget to drop a comment and a like on the post if you find this use full, positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.
See you on track ;)

USER REVIEWS
Originally Posted by: OdinThe1337 Go to Quoted Post
Just dit some testing:
Personal build - stock tune: 1:43.xxx
Same build - calculator 1:40.xxx
Same build - own setup with 1h of testing 1:38.xxx

So yes, can confirm the calculator works. Makes a massive differences in no time at all. Tweaking from the calculator you can improve further as well.
But was tuning for a competition so decided to go my own way.

Surely would recommend the calculator, makes a massive difference from stock.


Originally Posted by: SpyderS2K Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for sharing this. Calculator does a fantastic job getting a car up to snuff. It's nice to just plug in a few numbers and have all the info you need.


Originally Posted by: Lexandro Albion Go to Quoted Post
Very nice calc. Got me a good clean baseline for a couple of cars I had issues with. Gets my seal of approval. Best one for FM7 so far imo.


Originally Posted by: outkast6 ACTUAL Go to Quoted Post
Using the newest calculator... it is GREAT... just like every other calculator you've published!!! Thanks for allowing us to utilize something so beneficial... your generosity and hard work doesn't go unnoticed!

Outkast 6
U.S. Marine Corps (ret.)

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:52:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: NEW UPDATE

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:18:39 PM(UTC)
Was close to pming you on an updated guide for FH3, glad to see this post.

I will update my excel spreadsheet with your FH3 updates when I get the chance.

Cheers.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:39:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Was close to pming you on an updated guide for FH3, glad to see this post.

I will update my excel spreadsheet with your FH3 updates when I get the chance.

Cheers.


Awsome dude 😉
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 7:11:12 AM(UTC)
BTW follow me as a creator folks, grab my Viper GTS in S2 its a monster 😉
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 11:03:24 AM(UTC)
Is anyone able to provide feedback yet?
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:30:35 PM(UTC)
It needs to be mentioned that the break balance is inverted in FH3. Front is Rear and vice versa.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:48:13 PM(UTC)
I don't understand where this idea that a lower deacceration % means more lock comes from but there are a lot of misconceptions about the differential. A higher percentage means more lock and more lock means you are less likely to break traction. It also means more oversteer when you do break traction. People seem to mix those two together.
Mercedes GLS 63 AMG S for DLC
Because all 7 seaters should be able to hit 60 in 4.3 seconds.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:15:29 PM(UTC)
I created a shared google doc spreadsheet with your calcs auto generated after you enter the weight and front%.

If you want OP, i can share the link.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:11:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreeDoo84 Go to Quoted Post
It needs to be mentioned that the break balance is inverted in FH3. Front is Rear and vice versa.


The old breaking argument lol to be totally honest its what ever is most suited to an individuals preference. Personally I've not experienced any issues with my breaking in this game and I'm just running what I usually do. But thats a good comment people will see that and be able to try it out fot themselves.
Thanksbfor the comment 😊
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:17:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CerebralColton Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand where this idea that a lower deacceration % means more lock comes from but there are a lot of misconceptions about the differential. A higher percentage means more lock and more lock means you are less likely to break traction. It also means more oversteer when you do break traction. People seem to mix those two together.


Hey Cerebral how's it going, yeah valid point there and thanks for the comment. Agian I guess this comes down to preference here, the region of values I play with are what I've grown to be comfortable with. I find that high decel values slow me down to much when off throttle.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:18:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tutzo Go to Quoted Post
I created a shared google doc spreadsheet with your calcs auto generated after you enter the weight and front%.

If you want OP, i can share the link.



Yeah that would be great dude 😀
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:02:59 AM(UTC)
Thank you all nice gentlemen as this is the kind of tech guide I've been looking for!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:51:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ColinLam Go to Quoted Post
Thank you all nice gentlemen as this is the kind of tech guide I've been looking for!


Hey hope you get good use out it and work well for you 😊
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:38:01 AM(UTC)
Here is shared spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the yellow highlighted cells and the rest is handled for you.

Please feel free to double check the output settings, but they should be correct.

I have tuned a number of cars in FH3 with this method already and it is a great platform / method for a base tune that can compete right out of the box, as long as your build is sound.

NOTE:

When trying to tune a Subaru WRX '05, the spring setting output was too great from what was actually in game--- it was for rally, so I left the springs super soft anyway but set the rest to the output and the car is a beast.

I would like to also add that when it comes to high powered S2 cars and running without TCS - gearbox tuning is essential and needed, unless you have finger dexterity of a neurosurgeon.

Majority of online users are running AWD - but RWD can compete in majority of the STREET races. Beating all those S1 class GTR HE cars with a RWD Mustang is a joy I didn't think I would feel.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:51:18 AM(UTC)
Here is the shared doc link: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the YELLOW highlighted cells. the rest of the spreadsheet should be locked.

Please check my math.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:02:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xCaesars Wrathx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ColinLam Go to Quoted Post
Thank you all nice gentlemen as this is the kind of tech guide I've been looking for!


Hey hope you get good use out it and work well for you 😊


One question though, for suspension the equation is for lb/inch, correct? Cos if I work in kgf/mm the number is rather strange :)

Say if the car is 1321kg and Front 51%, it works out something like 336.86 but that's not something can be set in FH3 ... wondering if metric system works in a different way :D
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:56:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clark GriswoId Go to Quoted Post
Here is shared spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the yellow highlighted cells and the rest is handled for you.

Please feel free to double check the output settings, but they should be correct.

I have tuned a number of cars in FH3 with this method already and it is a great platform / method for a base tune that can compete right out of the box, as long as your build is sound.

NOTE:

When trying to tune a Subaru WRX '05, the spring setting output was too great from what was actually in game--- it was for rally, so I left the springs super soft anyway but set the rest to the output and the car is a beast.

I would like to also add that when it comes to high powered S2 cars and running without TCS - gearbox tuning is essential and needed, unless you have finger dexterity of a neurosurgeon.

Majority of online users are running AWD - but RWD can compete in majority of the STREET races. Beating all those S1 class GTR HE cars with a RWD Mustang is a joy I didn't think I would feel.


Nice one dude thanks for that contribution. I'll be sure to try that spreadsheet out 👍
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:57:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tutzo Go to Quoted Post
Here is the shared doc link: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the YELLOW highlighted cells. the rest of the spreadsheet should be locked.

Please check my math.


Will do buddy thanks for your contribution aswell buddy 😊
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:06:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ColinLam Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xCaesars Wrathx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ColinLam Go to Quoted Post
Thank you all nice gentlemen as this is the kind of tech guide I've been looking for!


Hey hope you get good use out it and work well for you 😊


One question though, for suspension the equation is for lb/inch, correct? Cos if I work in kgf/mm the number is rather strange :)

Say if the car is 1321kg and Front 51%, it works out something like 336.86 but that's not something can be set in FH3 ... wondering if metric system works in a different way :D


Thats right it is in LBS. When your working in kgf is the cars wieght still in lbs?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:33:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xCaesars Wrathx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tutzo Go to Quoted Post
Here is the shared doc link: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the YELLOW highlighted cells. the rest of the spreadsheet should be locked.

Please check my math.


Will do buddy thanks for your contribution aswell buddy 😊


yeah Tutzo and Clark GriswoId are the same person, sorry for the confusion.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xCaesars Wrathx Go to Quoted Post

Thats right it is in LBS. When your working in kgf is the cars wieght still in lbs?


Cars weight are in KG .. that's what really makes me scratching my head
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:53:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clark GriswoId Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xCaesars Wrathx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tutzo Go to Quoted Post
Here is the shared doc link: https://goo.gl/W5MtB1

Enter Weight and Front% in the YELLOW highlighted cells. the rest of the spreadsheet should be locked.

Please check my math.


Will do buddy thanks for your contribution aswell buddy 😊


yeah Tutzo and Clark GriswoId are the same person, sorry for the confusion.


I did wonder lol thanks again
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:01:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ColinLam Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xCaesars Wrathx Go to Quoted Post

Thats right it is in LBS. When your working in kgf is the cars wieght still in lbs?


Cars weight are in KG .. that's what really makes me scratching my head


You could change to lbs 😉, but I would of thought that the equation would still work the same. Your just taking the cars overall weight minus the front and spliting the difference per wheel.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:52:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xCaesars Wrathx Go to Quoted Post

You could change to lbs 😉, but I would of thought that the equation would still work the same. Your just taking the cars overall weight minus the front and spliting the difference per wheel.


I know why the calculation went crazy with metric .... basically the unit used is incorrect in game .... it should be kgf/cm, not kgf/mm

Conversion:
1 kg = 2.2 lb
1 kgf/cm = 5.6 lbf/in

The suspension equation for metric will be (for front end):

Weight(kg)x 2.2 x Front% / 2 / 5.6

I hope this will help fellow metric users :D

p.s. special thanks to RaindancerAU for reminding the kg to lb conversion

Edited by user Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:46:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:46:07 PM(UTC)
Hi, to convert the spring values from lbs to KG, take the values from CW's formulae and divide by 5.71

If you need to convert the car weight from kg to lbs in the first place to use the formulae, you can first multiply the weight in kg by 2.205

Edited by user Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:47:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error