35 Pages<<3031323334>>PrevNext
#776 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 10:48:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JontelitoKD Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: D33J Go to Quoted Post
No, the demo is simply to give you a taste of the game. This has been discussed in the Demo thread.

Only discussed or have the makers also said that it won't follow?

The Demo is not meant to be something you play to progress. It gives you a taste of the beginning of the game and that is it. It's not meant to be a standalone game with autosave and all that.

Follow my Instagram, @mistahhdj
#777 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 11:01:22 AM(UTC)
is this game for those who dont really like racing but like to cruse about in their cars.i thought i give a game a chance but no its just as bad as the last two and wont be buying.but there are enough people out there that will buy this game.
 1 user liked this post.
#778 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 3:48:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xVampirAx Go to Quoted Post
is this game for those who dont really like racing but like to cruse about in their cars.i thought i give a game a chance but no its just as bad as the last two and wont be buying.but there are enough people out there that will buy this game.

what is the point of this? lol dont like it dont buy it
u basicly answerred ur own question...
wat
#779 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 5:53:57 PM(UTC)
Hey guys.

Just a few thoughts that i've had while playing the demo.

Will horn support be added for Wheel users?

I have a Logi G920, in none of the preset key/wheel binds can I see a horn bind. Surely this is just an oversight for the demo? This is something my friend and I have been looking forward to since the announcement. Its really the only way to start roll races and digs without voice comms.

Regarding preset buttons, why are we still not able to reconfigure the binds to our own liking? It seems like such a basic thing that would make a lot of peoples experiences better.

Are the sounds final? All the AI cars either don't have the correct sounds, can't hear them, or just sound absolutely terrible in terms of quality.
#780 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:53:41 PM(UTC)
I though forza horizon 3 was a race game not an R.P.G. way to much talking let race.
#781 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TomS675 Go to Quoted Post
What are the benefits of an elite controller then?
I got the Forza 6 special edition console so I have a Forza 6 controller with grips on the handles.

I wouldn't do without it now.

I have the Forza controller, and the COD controller, plus the new Slim controller. But the elite leaves them in its dust.

Why... well, the weight is really substantial in your hands. The internals are more metal than plastic which can wear out under strong and heavy use. We've all experienced controller mechanics breaking due to such things.

With the Elite, they need to be metal, as both the thumbsticks and D-Pad etc are all metal as they were magnetically held in place do that you can swap them around to suit your hands quirkiness.

Hint,,stay with the middle sized thumbsticks, you get better control over the steering and visuals with them. The taller thumbsticks are far too touchy, while the smaller ones are just too small if you've got bigger hands.

The apaches can be mapped to whatever function you want, as can the entire trigger, button and D-Pad functions. Putting the functions you want in the right places.

So you have weight, longevity for parts built into it, and functionality and customisation at every function of the controller.

The rumble motors are bigger, and stronger. So nuances are more pronounced than the standard controllers. You feel every little bump or when you just rub the edge of the ripple strips and corner extensions. Do you know EXACTLY where you are on the track. Especially in cockpit mode, which I use exclusively.

You feel the car starting to slid, or the tyres starting to give, unlike a standard controller, which the Forza 6 controller is really, where you just slid or loose traction. With the Elite, YOU know when it's going to let go on those tight corners, and high powered cars where traction is a dirty word.

The magnets are so strong that I've yet to have anything come unstuck on the controller.

The grips are more rubberised than even the Forza 6 controllers. So your hands font sweat like they can on standard controllers.

Now, yo the better ride of he whole thing.

They are very customisable insofar as how you want each trigger to respond, how much throw you want on the thumbsticks, you can customise several settings to,suit either different racing styles, say NASCAR tracks are approached differently to circuit racingtracks..

You can have several set ups stored, but you can have two at your fingertips on the controller. By just sliding a Small switch, you can jump straight into the different set up.

The acceleration adjustments can be set by using the presets available on a straight angled "curve" by simply adjusting the points up or down. Or, you can choose the proper progressive true curve which can be adjusted very finely to suit 4ach side of the controller.

It comes in a beautiful hard asked case,,with the various accessory paddles, D-Pads and thumbsticks in them. So you can pack up your controller and take it along with your various bits n pi4ces with you when you go to your mates.

Performance wise, they are more preside than standard controllers, they have the weight to help you feel more in control, give you better track and car feedback, plus they look the treat.

I'd never ever go back to a standard controller. It's money well invested. Hope the small review meets with your approval mate ?

OZ

Congrats! You just got a sale! You got a big future here at xbox one elite controller sales department! :p Just bought one myself. For me the normal xone controller doesn't feel that great in my hand. Uses the ps4 instead on my computer when ever I can. So im hoping the elite will be better in my hand. And feel better. Like the right trigger button has this sharp edge that keeps scratching into my finger on my xone controller..

Really nice review on the elite controller! I think I must just get one now, thanks to you!!!

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

11 users liked this post.
#782 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:59:02 AM(UTC)
You should cancel your order/not buy the game.
 2 users liked this post.
#783 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:05:45 AM(UTC)
Well, beeing in Australia this game could have been the first racer with a healthbar and "wasted" screen 😁 Everything tries to kill you, so better leave this out 😉
#784 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:18:12 AM(UTC)
Sorry that I haven't read the last 30 pages, but just one question:

If we install the full game, does it take the demo and expands it, reducing installation time or does it start from scratch?
#785 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:19:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GAZ Vodnik Go to Quoted Post
Sorry that I haven't read the last 30 pages, but just one question:

If we install the full game, does it take the demo and expands it, reducing installation time or does it start from scratch?

You have to start from scratch. The demo does not save progress and thus no progress will carry over to the full game.
#786 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:28:31 AM(UTC)
Dammit.

Then waiting hours again for game installation. :(

But THX 11-38. :)
#787 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:04:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post

I didn't and won't preorder, to many red flags.
#788 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:15:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FaZe Ghoty Go to Quoted Post

u basically answered your own question...
wat

the point of this was whether or not this game was aimed at those who are not as keen on racing but rather cruse about in their cars.sadly you cannot see that way and therefore assume that i have done that already.
#789 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:25:48 AM(UTC)
have someone been charged for standard edition yet?
#790 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:38:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FaZe Ghoty Go to Quoted Post

u basically answered your own question...
wat

the point of this was whether or not this game was aimed at those who are not as keen on racing but rather cruse about in their cars.sadly you cannot see that way and therefore assume that i have done that already.

Pardon me for getting in to this, but this game is definitely not just for 'people who are not keen on racing, but rather cruise about in their cars'. There are many things you can do in this game, including:
  • Cruising
  • Different types of racing
  • Photographing & filming
  • Customizing
  • Tuning
  • Fool around and play unrealistic car games
and much more.

If you really think it's just like you're saying, you didn't get what it's all about.
 2 users liked this post.
#791 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 4:54:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bosozokus Go to Quoted Post

Well now I'm curious, what, to you, are these 'red flags'?
Almost as rusty as the cars he paints.
#792 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 5:39:48 AM(UTC)
The red flags are his trolling attempt on these forums. Hasn't worked as people on here are usually too savvy for that. lol
The only red flag i'm seeing is engaging this negative thread, so with that said, i'm off. Good luck guys!
#793 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 5:41:20 AM(UTC)
to be honest i wasnt to sure who this game was aimed that,i thought it was for those who wasnt to keen on racing but that isnt the case.in the end you cannot please everyone and that would include myself as someone put it dont like it dont buy it simples.
 1 user liked this post.
#794 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 5:43:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mechanic87 Go to Quoted Post

Game felt old 30 minutes into it. No new major gameplay mechanics 'gas stations, player customization, houses, actual car meets, mountain roads, snow, fog, thunderstorms, basically everything we've asked for for 5 years'. No new customization besides widebodies and a few wheels, of which most are only for mainstream cars. Map feels small and empty. Worst carlist since Forza 5, which is kinda funny how that's the case when you'd expect more to be in the game than previous versions since all the models are already done. Heavy emphasis on paid DLC. Overall game feels like a DLC for Horizon 2. Paint system is still the same, tuning system is still the same. I could go on for hours.

I'll wait for reviews.
#795 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 5:44:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
The red flags are his trolling attempt on these forums. Hasn't worked as people on here are usually too savvy for that. lol
The only red flag i'm seeing is engaging this negative thread, so with that said, i'm off. Good luck guys!

Having an opinion that differs from yours is trolling? Hasta la vista.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#796 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 6:48:31 AM(UTC)

Well at least the bold part is true ;)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#797 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 6:56:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post

Well at least the bold part is true ;)

So right <3 Counting the days! Been looking forward to this long before the demo.
#798 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:25:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mechanic87 Go to Quoted Post

Game felt old 30 minutes into it. No new major gameplay mechanics 'gas stations, player customization, houses, actual car meets, mountain roads, snow, fog, thunderstorms, basically everything we've asked for for 5 years'. No new customization besides widebodies and a few wheels, of which most are only for mainstream cars. Map feels small and empty. Worst carlist since Forza 5, which is kinda funny how that's the case when you'd expect more to be in the game than previous versions since all the models are already done. Heavy emphasis on paid DLC. Overall game feels like a DLC for Horizon 2. Paint system is still the same, tuning system is still the same. I could go on for hours.

I'll wait for reviews.

Yer gonna buy this game if the reviews are good, even though you didn't like the game (because it doesn't meet your wildly, TDU2 copycat ideas) ? You're a bit of an idiot mate. Aaaand a sheep
 2 users liked this post.
#799 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:25:41 AM(UTC)
I saw a crocodile in freeroam once. I was flying around the map in drone mode and happened to see it. I didn't think I'd actually find any animals in the demo, so it was a pleasant surprise. Ultimately, though, the presence or absence of animals in the game isn't a big deal to me.

Personally, I've never asked for gas stations, player customization or houses. I wasn't expecting snow or mountain roads, given the setting of the game, so I'm not disappointed by that, either.

The wide body kits are a great addition, even if I'm not a huge fan of them myself. I didn't think they'd add as many of them as they have. They've also added blowers for classic American and Australian cars, which was surprising.

I think the map is better than Horizon 2's. I'm glad that there seems to be a lot of dirt roads, since the dirt roads were my favorite roads in Horizon 1 and 2. The paved roads in the demo also feel better to me than the ones in Horizon 2, but I'm not sure why.

I think the car list pretty good, other than the absence of Volkswagen. :'( Horizon 3 does have more cars than its predecessor (Horizon 2). I didn't expect it to have more than Forza 6, so I'm not disappointed by the car list, besides the absence of Volkswagen. :'(

The painting and tuning systems are the same, but that's exactly what I expected.

I think your expectations for this game were just too high.
私は日本語が話せません。
#800 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:31:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dante3003 Go to Quoted Post
Well, beeing in Australia this game could have been the first racer with a healthbar and "wasted" screen 😁 Everything tries to kill you, so better leave this out 😉

HAHAHA! This post made me laugh! Cute GTA reference!
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of absolute speed
35 Pages<<3031323334>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error