35 Pages<<2728293031>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#701 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:30:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: raptorscream Go to Quoted Post
Well Apex isnt all that well optimized, it stutters and micro freezes while racing. Drops from constant 60fps to 20-30 without reason

Have the same issues here and now I don't know if I'll buy FH3 anymore...
 1 user liked this post.
#702 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:37:14 PM(UTC)
No
They are separate
Not linked in any way

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:38:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#703 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:50:35 PM(UTC)
Is there a way to look around the cockpit while driving, as if I'm turning my head to the left to look out the window? When I move the right stick I can look around but only outside the car.
#704 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:54:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to look around the cockpit while driving, as if I'm turning my head to the left to look out the window? When I move the right stick I can look around but only outside the car.

In previous Forza games you could only glance left or right a tiny bit in the cockpit - move the right stick up and then slide it up left or up right. If you go straight left or right it will switch to an outside view.

Not sure if Horizon 3 is the same, but that's usually how it works.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:55:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot the quote!

1 user liked this post.
#705 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:22:24 PM(UTC)
I like the demo. Seems like it might be a solid purchase.
#706 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:47:02 PM(UTC)
I loved the Demo. It really seems like the best Forza yet.

Go check out my Video I made. Thank you and Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/3J8AHyMF9AE
 1 user liked this post.
#707 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:59:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: trainergames Go to Quoted Post
1. Why is our Demo having to wait till after release?

2. Does that mean PC version is not coming out on the 26th?

3.Why did you guys not us tell before you released the demo that it would only be for Xbox?

1) We don't know or because they said so.

2) It's not coming out on the 26th. It's either the 23rd or 27th depending on the version you order.

3) They didn't really say anything at all, except that there was going to be a demo. That applies to Xbox and PC. There are numerous reasons why they didn't communicate anything but they are all speculative ones. There are threads about it already, so read them if you want so idea. :-)

#708 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:01:59 PM(UTC)
I absolutely love the demo! I usually only play a game demo once and then never touch it again, but I just keep going back to this demo over and over again, I just can't get enough of it :D
i7-8700K @ 3.7GHz / GTX 1080 Ti / 16GB RAM / Windows 10 64-bit
Xbox One X 1TB / Samsung 50" 4K UHD
 2 users liked this post.
#709 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:07:34 PM(UTC)
I doubt the game will be perfect at launch but I'm not really concerned. apex did have issues when it came out but with updates T10 remedied those and now its very stable

for the people saying its not a good idea to compare apex with a open world game try to look at it this way, if you can run apex, gta v, the crew and get a general idea of how your computer manages those games you should get a good idea of how horizon will perform. I can run all three of those titles at ultra settings and get a consistent 60 fps hence why I'm not that concerned. that being said like others have mentioned if you have any doubt in your computers capabilities you shouldn't really be pre ordering the game and focus more on the console version if you really want the most out the game
#710 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:40:41 PM(UTC)
Hello all,
I have been playing FH3 Demo for a while and have not unlocked the Festival shop thing or the Buy Cars selection. Any help?
#711 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:43:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ImperiousStout Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post

In previous Forza games you could only glance left or right a tiny bit in the cockpit - move the right stick up and then slide it up left or up right. If you go straight left or right it will switch to an outside view.

Not sure if Horizon 3 is the same, but that's usually how it works.

Moving it up and then sliding left and right worked! Thank you. Although I must admit, it's pretty clumsy that way. Haven't looked if there's an option to change this so that moving the stick without pointing it upwards first will trigger the same effect, but I take there's none.
#712 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:46:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Amberstar17 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,
I have been playing FH3 Demo for a while and have not unlocked the Festival shop thing or the Buy Cars selection. Any help?

It's not included in the demo.
 1 user liked this post.
#713 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:48:35 PM(UTC)
Yea uhhh its called buy the game....sorry i couldnt help myself
#714 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:44:48 PM(UTC)
So after you do the 5 events they have you choose the 2nd destination, is there actually a way to get there in the demo? If not I completely understand I just want to make sure I am not missing something obvious.

Can't wait till the 23rd!!! Best location so far in a Horizon game.
#715 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:47:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
So after you do the 5 events they have you choose the 2nd destination, is there actually a way to get there in the demo? If not I completely understand I just want to make sure I am not missing something obvious.

Can't wait till the 23rd!!! Best location so far in a Horizon game.

I don't think there is. You do unlock the possibility to go online at that point though.
 1 user liked this post.
#716 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:09:13 PM(UTC)
Just finished trying the demo for a while, and wow...I can't wait for the 23rd. Didnt have any issues at all. And I played for a bit, found 131 roads and 43 boards, so I covered most of it, if not all. They outdid themselves with this one. This will more than likely be one demo that I play around with several more times while I wait for the release.
 1 user liked this post.
#717 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 11:43:18 PM(UTC)
Bit miffed the PC demo is delayed but then, PC gamers have been shafted for years in favour of the console gamers. So I'm more than used to that.....

The sad thing is though, Console gamers are paying a premium price for bits us "Ignorant PC Gamers that are complaining" didn't want as it wasn't powerful enough (AMD APU and last gen AMD GPU cobbled together for BOTH PS4 and XBone). You guys lap it up....

So for a start it's 5 year old tech nobody wanted, plus, a few years back you'd be paying around 30% MORE for any game on console compared to PC (e.g. Ghost recon advanced warfighter £29.99 on PC but £39.99 in console at launch). That's your choice though. I see no reason to give you a hard time for that.

Most PC gamers I know wouldn't buy a console just to play 1 franchise, On hardware they probably had upgraded from 2-3 years ago, using a controller, capped at 30fps full HD?
After playing PC racing games at 5910 x 1080 @ 85fps+ on a racing rig with T300RS and T3pa pedals? Nahh, no thanks.
That's MY choice. PC players pay the most to play their hobby, we expect the best and we generally get it, you BET We'll moan when we don't! Slagging us off for that isn't really fair is it?

You'd see WHY if you fire up an older console and play an old favourite game, it's just not good enough any more...

Apex being the testbed for future Forza titles on PC is actually not such a bad thing, the lack of information of any kind from Turn 10 about coming updates was annoying but for me (at least) it plays fine. My only issues are that custom resolutions aren't yet supported nor is Crossfire/SLI.

Having said that on 1 GPU and 1080p I'm seeing 88-140fps in Apex everything maxxed out which is very encouraging (despite some stuttering). As a general rule, for AMD at least, triple screens hits your fps for 50% but crossfire gives almost all of that loss back (I get 95% upscaling 2 cards vs 1 in most games).

My recent efforts after wheel support was added.
https://youtu.be/RdqP2s_Lkik

MS are trying to unify console and PC gamers, about time I say, tbh ending console or PC exclusives would do a lot more to unite gamers across all formats, much better than the inter-device rivalry we've had for years now.....

See you all out there 23rd :D

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 11:46:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#718 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:11:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Whiskey Daniels Go to Quoted Post
I doubt the game will be perfect at launch but I'm not really concerned. apex did have issues when it came out but with updates T10 remedied those and now its very stable

for the people saying its not a good idea to compare apex with a open world game try to look at it this way, if you can run apex, gta v, the crew and get a general idea of how your computer manages those games you should get a good idea of how horizon will perform. I can run all three of those titles at ultra settings and get a consistent 60 fps hence why I'm not that concerned. that being said like others have mentioned if you have any doubt in your computers capabilities you shouldn't really be pre ordering the game and focus more on the console version if you really want the most out the game

That's not the problem. I know my computer can run this game in theory easily by going with the example you gave there. The fact alone that Xbox One can run this game means my computer will also and even better. The problem is though that there's always the possibility it's broken and will not work properly for some reason. Take a look at Batman: Arkham Knight, remember that one? In theory, my computer should have been able to run easily, but it didn't, because it was broken! We can't tell how it runs before we actually run it. That's why we PC users were the ones that actually really needed that demo!

#719 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:42:25 AM(UTC)
The GT350R engine sound is wrong again. Like the beginning of Forza 6. Anybody else notice in online that if another person revs up theirs it sounds like the updated Forza 6 version but when you rev up yours it sounds wrong? Hopefully they fix this.
#720 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:08:45 AM(UTC)
Daft question maybe,and possibly answered in the 29 pages of demo thread, but can you save progress in the demo & come back to where you were?Im sick of hearing Warren say "800 horses wooooooo!"
I may not have reached that point yet as with each restart I dont have enough time in my gaming sessions,IIRC the FH2 demo didnt save either

Also does any one know if the blocked off bits of the map are the full map? Just doesnt seem to be twice the FH2 map.
 1 user liked this post.
#721 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:22:15 AM(UTC)
No saving, it's a demo. lol
It's to incentivise you to come back when the full game releases. I use instant on and keep it running for a few days until i do everything. lol
Not sure about the map, but it's not twice the size map wise, it's a bigger map plus more open areas inside the map, not as many blocked off areas.
#722 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:36:16 AM(UTC)
There's two more areas of the map not available in this demo, they'll be there in the full game.
#723 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:37:21 AM(UTC)
Hi how many roads are discoverable in the demo?, I want to find them all but I don't know if I have already covered all of them. I have found 121 roads :)
 1 user liked this post.
#724 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:46:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Amberstar17 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

And you won't, it's not available in the demo.
 1 user liked this post.
#725 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:39:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
On the hunt for wreckers ;)

This is ironic as only the demo is out and already the griefers are out. Some buddies and I were drifting last night in the drift zone and two guys in GT350Rs kept blocking/ramming us out of the way.

*sigh*
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

35 Pages<<2728293031>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error