This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
35 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#201 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 3:33:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wideload1971 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NYC JDM KILLA Go to Quoted Post
For the PC guys check out this link it doesn't have Xbox one marked on it so there might be hope for PC users to download the demo when available. The demo will be 18GB by the way. If you read the installation section in the link it states "Install on your home Xbox One console plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account."

https://www.microsoft.co...demo/bw7nnj22szrr?tduid=(fbb53ccb77bc785a472c67dc715696eb)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-DSPblKTvnhmYGks_jzERHw)()

It may not have Xbox marked on the image but to the right of the four images it says 'Available on' and then only lists Xbox One. That's why people think the demo may not come to PC.

I hope that as the game got added to the Win10 store app later than the Xbox versions, then maybe the demo will be the same. A small hope but still a hope.

Yeah I know dude. I seriously hope that we will have a PC demo coming our way. If not, well we just gotta manage, but I feel sorry for people that don't have an Xbox One, or have both an Xbox One and PC and just want to test it out on their machines, like myself and many others for obvious reasons. Haha! Logically you'd think they would make a PC demo, especially for people who just own a PC and want to see if the game would even run stable on their PC before purchasing the game for example. lol
 1 user liked this post.
#202 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 3:52:57 PM(UTC)
Hello am very excited like everyone about the upcoming jewel comming from our favorite Forza series...But as i noticed on the Microsoft store the demo wich will launch at the 12th September does
not have a windows icon .Is it safe to think that this clearly means there WON'T be a PC demo version??

And if that's the case...since the game comes out also for Windows the demo would be a lot help for optimisation terms and check how well can we play the game on our computers.
I think pc gamers should have a chance to see how well the game responds to each one's system.

Hoping for Demo to be playable in Win10
 1 user liked this post.
#203 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 4:12:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nirvanic Ascent Go to Quoted Post
For the PC guys check out this link it doesn't have Xbox one marked on it so there might be hope for PC users to download the demo when available. The demo will be 18GB by the way. If you read the installation section in the link it states "Install on your home Xbox One console plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account."

https://www.microsoft.co...demo/bw7nnj22szrr?tduid=(fbb53ccb77bc785a472c67dc715696eb)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-DSPblKTvnhmYGks_jzERHw)()

It may not have Xbox marked on the image but to the right of the four images it says 'Available on' and then only lists Xbox One. That's why people think the demo may not come to PC.

I hope that as the game got added to the Win10 store app later than the Xbox versions, then maybe the demo will be the same. A small hope but still a hope.

Yeah I know dude. I seriously hope that we will have a PC demo coming our way. If not, well we just gotta manage, but I feel sorry for people that don't have an Xbox One, or have both an Xbox One and PC and just want to test it out on their machines, like myself and many others for obvious reasons. Haha! Logically you'd think they would make a PC demo, especially for people who just own a PC and want to see if the game would even run stable on their PC before purchasing the game for example. lol
Exactly, I have only owned Playstations and currently have a PS4, so the Xbox One demo means nothing to me. I saw Forza some time ago and always wished it to come to PS4 or PC. Now that is happening (PC of course) so I want to see how well my PC will run the game; therefore I really wish there would be a PC demo too.

If I can run Apex on high settings at 60 FPS do you think I can run Horizon 3 at 60 FPS also?

1 user liked this post.
#204 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 5:19:04 PM(UTC)

it would be stupid of them if they dont release demo cuz so many people have been wanting this
me i only have a xbox 360 and a pc i can run forza apex on 60fps on high and i have recomended specs and minimum 8gb ram
i wanna know if its smooth and if i can play it on the settings i like BEFORE paying $100 for the ultimate edition :/
 1 user liked this post.
#205 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 5:34:06 PM(UTC)

Exactly, I have never bought a Forza game before because I have a PS4 and PC. Now that it is finally going to be on PC I want to see how it runs on my system. So a demo for PC would be very nice.

If I can run Apex at a steady 60 FPS on high settings do you think I will run Horizon 3 at 60 FPS too?

1 user liked this post.
#206 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 9:59:55 PM(UTC)
I Preordered Recore last Month and the list says Xbox One only. Since 3 Days i can Pre download the Full game on my Win 10 PC (9,8 GB). What I want to say is that we can get a PC demo even the page says Xbox one only.

An article went up a few days back on Trusted Reviews, and claimed that Ralph Fulton (creative director) said the demo was coming to both Windows 10 and Xbox on September 12th.

The article has since been taken down, but this other site still has some of the article up.

http://www.ooyuz.com/geturl?aid=13005361
#207 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 6:37:47 AM(UTC)
Dang I can't wait until tomorrow night! I wonder why they can't release it in the Morning so I have all Sunday!
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#208 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:41:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
Dang I can't wait until tomorrow night! I wonder why they can't release it in the Morning so I have all Sunday!

It's even worse in Europe, will be released here at 2 AM Monday if I'm not mistaken. Ooh well I gotta work monday so I'll only be able to try it out monday evening then,
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#209 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:08:35 PM(UTC)
how is it a demo drops tomorrow but there's been no official announcement?
#210 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:23:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

Actually it come on Monday the 12th. I'll get it before I go to school that day
#211 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:34:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xXyomamaXx3492 Go to Quoted Post

Actually no sorry it does come on the 11th or did you mean the 12th but st the time of 12:01. Basically does it come out at 12:01 today or tomorrow
#212 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:40:54 PM(UTC)

Forza announcements are typically made at most a few hours in advance.
#213 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 3:29:50 PM(UTC)

Actually no sorry it does come on the 11th or did you mean the 12th but st the time of 12:01. Basically does it come out at 12:01 today or tomorrow

Which day it is will depend on the time zone each person is in. It may come out on the 11th for you, but other posters may not be in your time zone. As someone else pointed out above, for Europe it's around 2AM Monday morning which would make it the 12th. :-)
#214 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 3:52:16 PM(UTC)
Does anyone no when its coming out the demo
#215 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 4:00:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

Forza announcements are typically made at most a few hours in advance.

it's the T10 way! Now I guess playground is adopting those skills. Tell the folks it's coming when you are too busy playing it.
 1 user liked this post.
#216 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 4:09:02 PM(UTC)
Word of advice: don't go crazy asking where the demo is if it's not available on Sunday.

You won't find a previous case where T10/Xbox released an Xbox One download and announcement on a Sunday, and both FH2 and FM6 demos released on Tuesdays at 9am Eastern:
FH2: http://forums.forzamotor...le-Demo.aspx#post_182911
FM6: http://forums.forzamotor...Forza-6.aspx#post_343410

At that point the Demo for both appeared on the Xbox Store in search results. The reason the FH3 demo isn't discoverable in the Windows Store may be that the date/time/details are still being finalized.

Remember: T10 and Xbox have not announced this demo or its available date/time yet.
#217 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:04:14 PM(UTC)
it says 1.00am on the 12th of september heres the link

https://www.microsoft.co...demo/bw7nnj22szrr?tduid=(ebdb18dd9d45a001e29185022d2b94a4)(263915)(2775081)()()

Edited by user Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:05:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#218 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:10:46 PM(UTC)
I believe MateoMax on this (that the demo is likely to be Tuesday) ....but for the record, the time on the microsoft.com link is sensitive to your location....so for instance in Chicago (USA) it says 7pm on Sunday as the release date.... hence the discrepancies
 1 user liked this post.
#219 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:32:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chimpfreq69 Go to Quoted Post
I believe MateoMax on this (that the demo is likely to be Tuesday) ....but for the record, the time on the microsoft.com link is sensitive to your location....so for instance in Chicago (USA) it says 7pm on Sunday as the release date.... hence the discrepancies

Yeah exactly, I live in the Midwest in Illinois, I'm an hour south of Chicago, Illinois. It certainly was 7pm for me on Sunday. I don't know what to think. The leaked posted states the 12th, this MS Store page says whatever the time equivalent to your time zone in the world is for the demo release. Though I agree with MateoMax for sure though at the same time. For YEARS Forza demos released at that time, on a Tuesday in the morning. It's out of character for them to change that for some reason. I mean yes, the embargo for releasing footage and coverage of the game ends on the 12th from what I heard of that private press event days back. I don't know what to believe, we'll just have to see. If that demo page on the website doesn't open up, or even on Xbox Live on that exact time it says it will, then yeah, we'll just have to wait to see what really happens. If nothing happens on Sunday/Monday, then Tuesday is the date for CERTAIN, no matter what.
#220 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:40:22 PM(UTC)
Curious. It says 10 AM Monday for me here in eastern Australia. So, maybe Microsoft is just talking through its hat.

1 user liked this post.
#221 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:54:43 PM(UTC)
All I have to say is I'll try the demo before I get the game on the 23 rd
 6 users liked this post.
#222 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:57:14 PM(UTC)
So it's come to my attention, and the attention of many others, that the demo launch has been confirmed for Xbox One on 9/11/16, at 8pm (presumably EST) on the Microsoft Store. There is, however, no mention or word from Microsoft or the developers as to a PC demo. Now, is this not odd, considering that virtually all Xbox One players have the guarantee that the game will run fine and be correctly optimized for their setup at launch, whereas nearly all PC players need to test their rig before preordering or even buying the game? Any PC guys out there will know that some games just aren't properly optimized for PC, even months after launch, or that some bonkers builds that can run Fallout 4 at ultra with 120fps will sometimes crash on the simplest of games. This is very worrying for me, and likely many others out there that are ready to drop $100 on the ultimate edition for PC but would like to ensure that the game will run properly before I spend that kind of money on non-refundable merchandise. I've been a Forza fan since Forza 3 (my rewards tier will not reflect that, new account) and am more than willing to spend the money to get the best version of this game but as I no longer own an Xbox One and have converted to PC, I simply WILL NOT gamble $100 on something that my $1500 PC may not be able to run due to a bad port. Maybe we will receive a PC demo at the same time as the Xbox One goes live, but shall that not be the case, I may just have to wait until after launch, which will kill me, having never been around for the initial launch of a Forza title. Any of you fellow PC guys feel the same? Anyone have any news? Please let me know, and I hope this question/borderline warning leads to something.
#223 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 6:01:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
Curious. It says 10 AM Monday for me here in eastern Australia. So, maybe Microsoft is just talking through its hat.

Well, the time on the store page is a global time which means according to that it'll be released to everybody at the exact same moment, so it'll vary depending on what time zone your in.

Now, it would actually make sense to see the demo come out on Tuesday since that's the day Play Anywhere is supposed to start. It'd make sense if the date is inaccurate that the supported platforms is also inaccurate. That would explain why it doesn't show PC at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 2 users liked this post.
#224 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 6:02:46 PM(UTC)
I definitely have a bad feeling about my preorder if the game simply wont run well on my pc. Forza 6 Apex runs great on my rig but theres no telling how an open world game with as much going on as a horizon title will run. Ive never had luck in the past with refunds from microsoft so if it runs like trash, I suppose thats the end of my forza career.
#225 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 6:25:00 PM(UTC)
I, as you, was planning on buying the £79 ultimate edition and would be awesome if we, pc players, can try out the demo as well. I'm not sure if its gonna happen, but i did read somewhere else in this forum, that we might get the demo on monday the 12th. Let's cross fringers and see what happen :)
35 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error