11 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 3:46:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post
About the Bronco...does this mean that cars with convertable tops/hardtops like the Ferrari California, Mazda MX-5, etc. be able to have the roof open and cars like the Datsun 2000 be able to have closed roofs (outside of ForzaVista)?

No, sorry. Always something we'd like to do with every Forza, including let you open and close convertible tops on demand, but it's one of those things that hasn't made the final cut yet. The Bronco is special in that you tend to see as many of them without a top as with one with a top out in the wild, depending on where you live. Wanted to make sure we could let players do that, and it's not as daunting of a task as making every single convertible or drop top in the game animate and look right at every level of detail inside and out in all weather conditions - that's a pretty huge amount of work across a lot of cars.

Besides, I'm pretty sure we've used up every button on the controller now that we've added horns!

I'm sure the down button on the thingy pad doesn't have a use yet ;)

Still though, with the amount of new things that are being added, opening tops seems very small (though would be a fantastic addition), and I can't wait now! The 23rd can't come soon enough!
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 4:06:44 PM(UTC)
Made a speculative list on the cars w/ widebody options, max of 25. Might do one for the other 3 catergories as well!

Forza Branded (I Assume??) (the cars w/ vintage flared bolt-on fenders):

1. 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
2. 1974 Toyota Celica
3. 1985 Toyota Corolla AE86 (Surely)
4. 1965 Mini Cooper S
5. 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
6. 1993/2002 Nissan Skyline R32/R34 (Surely one of them has to have something...right?)

Rocket Bunny/Pandem:

1. 1997 BMW M3 E36 (Confirmed)
2. 1993 Nissan 240SX SE (Confirmed)
3. 1992 Honda NSX
4. 1992 Nissan Silvia Club K's (V1)
5. 2015 Lexus RC-F
6. 2005 BMW M3 E46 (Pandem)
7. 2016 Mazda MX-5 (Pandem)
8. 1997 Mazda RX-7 FD3S (V2)
9. 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata (Pandem)
10. 2013 Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT86 (Pandem V3)

Liberty Walk:

1. 2012 Nissan GT-R (Confirmed)
2. 2014 BMW M4 (Confirmed)
3. 2012 Infiniti IPL (G37)
4. 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
5. 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago (Type II or Limited20)
6. 2013 Audi R8
7. 2014 Lamborghini Huracan
8. 2012 Lamborghini Aventador
9. 2008 BMW M3 E92

- Wide Body Kits, mainly those by Rocket Bunny/Pandem and Liberty Walk, but also some vintage flared bolt-on fenders. Total number of cars is somewhere between 20-25

EDIT:
Sorry if this is a silly question, but with all of the widebody kits (including the vintage flared bolt-on fenders, which sound awesome by the way), will the wheel offset or track width be auto-adjusted to fit flush with the extended arches? Even when you put on a widebody not through an upgrade preset? It would seem that way looking at the LB R35 GT-R and Rocket Bunny 240SX but confirmation would be nice!

Edited by user Saturday, September 3, 2016 4:48:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 5:02:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fastfan94 Go to Quoted Post
I am really hoping that if they put in a 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance for DLC or in Forzathon, they could put in the Ghostbusters 1 & 2 roof racks with lights and siren/horn as customization options. I have been hoping for this for a VERY long time!

Originally Posted by: fastfan94 Go to Quoted Post
No one saw my post in here yet? Whenever I post something in this forum, I don't get a response or comment.

What response would you like? The appropriate one is to post this in the wishlist threads. JONK cannot give everything away, and there are things that there are no answers for anyway.
If you want a discussion you need to contribute to the thread you are posting in and not something that doesn't belong in that thread (and belongs in a SPECIFIC thread elsewhere, which may not get a response either).
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 7:48:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
- Visible blowers: a lot of classic muscle cars now have a new hood option which includes a visible supercharger - somewhere around 20 cars.

Feel free to laugh at this dumb question. Do we have to put a supercharger on the car first before we have that option, or could we theoretically have a visible blower although it's still NA (or even TT)?

It's not a dumb question at all. In fact it's something we debated a lot about...should a player be able to stick a visible blower on the hood, but swap the aspiration to stock or have something else going on under it, like a turbo or centrifugal supercharger, swap the engine entirely, etc.? The main thing is we want players to make a car look like they want it to look, and to be able to tune it how they want under the hood. In the end, player choice wins. So to answer your question, no - you don't have to have a supercharger installed first. A positive displacement supercharger will come with the visible blower upgrade presets by default, but you can remove the supercharger performance upgrade and still keep the "prop" blower if you want to maintain the look. Alternatively, you can skip the upgrade preset with tuning and just install it as a hood option, which is basically just a cool prop like most visible blowers in the movies (just for looks).

I thought it was dumb in that the answer might've been obvious (yes), but you do bring up a good point in the cosmetics department, looks and all that.

Thanks for the answer JONK, it's very much appreciated! :)

Now to get me a Charger.....
One of "The 50"
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 2:33:00 AM(UTC)
Apologies if this has already been answered, but do you know when the FH3 CARS tab goes live? :)
Good to be back!

My Forzatography Gallery - http://forums.forzamotor...Gallery.aspx#post_358889
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 3:06:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
It'll be a long undertaking, but it's always good to see the community come together for something. I'll happily help out when and where I can!

- Visible blowers: a lot of classic muscle cars now have a new hood option which includes a visible supercharger - somewhere around 20 cars.

Feel free to laugh at this dumb question. Do we have to put a supercharger on the car first before we have that option, or could we theoretically have a visible blower although it's still NA (or even TT)?

It's not a dumb question at all. In fact it's something we debated a lot about...should a player be able to stick a visible blower on the hood, but swap the aspiration to stock or have something else going on under it, like a turbo or centrifugal supercharger, swap the engine entirely, etc.? The main thing is we want players to make a car look like they want it to look, and to be able to tune it how they want under the hood. In the end, player choice wins. So to answer your question, no - you don't have to have a supercharger installed first. A positive displacement supercharger will come with the visible blower upgrade presets by default, but you can remove the supercharger performance upgrade and still keep the "prop" blower if you want to maintain the look. Alternatively, you can skip the upgrade preset with tuning and just install it as a hood option, which is basically just a cool prop like most visible blowers in the movies (just for looks).

Well, why not have N/A cars, specifically the older ones, have a blower intake on a set of high-rise carbs? I've seen it done and it still looks good.
Almost as rusty as the cars he paints.
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 4:10:13 AM(UTC)
About the Bronco...does this mean that cars with convertable tops/hardtops like the Ferrari California, Mazda MX-5, etc. be able to have the roof open and cars like the Datsun 2000 be able to have closed roofs (outside of ForzaVista)?

No, sorry. Always something we'd like to do with every Forza, including let you open and close convertible tops on demand, but it's one of those things that hasn't made the final cut yet. The Bronco is special in that you tend to see as many of them without a top as with one with a top out in the wild, depending on where you live. Wanted to make sure we could let players do that, and it's not as daunting of a task as making every single convertible or drop top in the game animate and look right at every level of detail inside and out in all weather conditions - that's a pretty huge amount of work across a lot of cars.

Besides, I'm pretty sure we've used up every button on the controller now that we've added horns!

As a thought, would it be less work if we could have an option which allowed us to preselect the roof being up or down in the upgrade shop as an option? It would save for intricate animations and I'm sure people would be happy with this as an alternative :)

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 4:44:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post

As a thought, would it be less work if we could have an option which allowed us to preselect the roof being up or down in the upgrade shop as an option? It would save for intricate animations and I'm sure people would be happy with this as an alternative :)

I really like this idea!
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 6:09:29 AM(UTC)

That's actually what I was asking in the first place, If we could remove roofs from the cars in the upgrade shop, not necessarily animated ones while you are driving. It would be cool to have roofs down on both Californias (which I just realized were hardtop convertibles yesterday, lol) and the '94 Miata

Edited by user Sunday, September 4, 2016 6:10:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 8:53:43 AM(UTC)

That is a good idea.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 10:08:23 AM(UTC)

I personally switch Rewind off at the start of the game so the Y-button is never used for me. I would love to put something useful there though so that brings up the next question, will custom control configuration ever make it to the game? Only having a handful of pre-made layouts is so nineties. :) Project CARS and Dirt Rally seriously revolutionized the XBox in this aspect and I would have thought the Forza series would certainly follow.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 10:12:45 AM(UTC)

That is a good idea.

Or use ForzaVista! In Forza 6 I was playing with this Pontiac Firebird where I could remove the roof panels. I thought in whatever position I would exit ForzaVista that the car in the game would look the same as well. I was a bit disappointed the car went back to the closed roof. :)

Anyways Jonk1969 I want to say that I seriously appreciate the feedback we get from you. Communication from the Turn 10 devs is always so scarce compared to SMS or Kunos. Thumbs up and more of this in the future please. :)

Edited by user Sunday, September 4, 2016 10:14:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 5:35:57 PM(UTC)
- Wide Body Kits, mainly those by Rocket Bunny/Pandem and Liberty Walk, but also some vintage flared bolt-on fenders. Total number of cars is somewhere between 20-25)

This question may look stupid. However, please show me it.
I supposed two kinds about the meaning of words "Vintage" which the wide body kit of the Forza original pointed at.
”Vintage” is a "A vintage car (Vintage car only can be installed) " or "the design of the old school."Please teach me which guess is right.

http://i.imgur.com/wcaPRsk.jpg
If the latter of the guess is correct, I am excited to be able to mount the fender of such design.

Edited by user Sunday, September 4, 2016 5:37:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 4:33:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xXTheOEXx Go to Quoted Post
Some I've found:)

2015 BMW M4 - Liberty Walk Body Kit
2012 Nissan GTR R35 - Liberty Walk Body Kit
2017 Ford Raptor - Flatbed to wheel replacement
1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon - Surfboard on the roof
1972 Reliant Supervan III - Roof rack
1993 Nissan 240SX SE- Rocket Bunny Body Kit
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 - Roof rack

I'll keep those in mind for when the game releases! Be among the first cars I buy to get them onto this list (apart from a 6th Gen Celica, and a '77 T/A). I prefer to wait till I double check the years etc for myself.

A good start, but you'll be pretty busy, lol. Good news is the game's CARS tab in the menu will help you create your list more quickly than scanning through every car to see what's new.

It was important to us and Playground that, not only would we come up with a diverse car list of over 350 cars, but that we add more visual customization options for as many of them as we could. We added new visual upgrade parts for close to 100 cars, broadly grouped into these themes:

- Wide Body Kits, mainly those by Rocket Bunny/Pandem and Liberty Walk, but also some vintage flared bolt-on fenders. Total number of cars is somewhere between 20-25
- Rally and Offroad: things like light clusters, mudflaps, roof vents, bull-bars, 'roo bars, winches, etc. - these were added to a pretty large number of cars and trucks, somewhere between 45-50.
- Roof Racks: not as many cars as the above got special roof racks, but there are some pretty unique roof racks that have been added, and a few unexpected surprises in store.

You can install these parts individually as usual, or use the new "upgrade presets" option to apply a complete upgrade package that also comes with additional performance and handling tuning by Playground's car handling gurus. The CARS tab in the menu now has an "upgrade heroes" tile that lets you browse cars which have the new upgrade presets available. You can also tinker with your car as usual after you install a preset upgrade package, changing performance parts, bumpers, wings, etc. if that car has multiple options.

"Upgrade Heroes" covers about half of the cars that have new parts added - there are still a lot cars with new visual upgrade options that didn't get equipped with a preset package. My favorite of these is the '75 Ford Bronco (SPOILER ALERT!........................................................................................you can now remove the roof!)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my god!!!!!!!
I'm so happy!!!
#40 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 5:24:52 AM(UTC)
I'm really hoping that we can add on some type of Widebody/Fender Flares to some Muscle cars, and if we cant I think I'd be pretty cool if they gave us updates or expansions later on that add more customization features to the game.

As for the flares on the Muscle Cars:
Gittin Jr.'s 1969 Mustang RTR-X

Camaro / Bumble Bee Transformers 4

FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
#41 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 6:49:30 AM(UTC)

Add the two cars to the list.
1997 BMW M3 - Rocket Bunny Body Kit
1992 Honda NSX-R - Rocket Bunny Body Kit
http://i.imgur.com/DC74AIp.png
#42 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 7:08:51 AM(UTC)
@JONK1969 Another Question I have is I noticed white "Forza" and "Horizon" Tire Lettering on a lot of the cars, Does anyone know if we can apply that to any car or is it specific to certain cars?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:48:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 9:14:39 AM(UTC)
@JONK1969: Are we able to paint brake calipers?

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 9:29:55 AM(UTC)
Don't forget Rocketbunny V2 BRZ and Rocket Bunny R35 both 12 and 17 and Liberty Walk R35 17.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 5:28:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post

Add the two cars to the list.
1997 BMW M3 - Rocket Bunny Body Kit
1992 Honda NSX-R - Rocket Bunny Body Kit
http://i.imgur.com/DC74AIp.png

http://i.imgur.com/sT0ruze.png
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R - Rocket Bunny Body Kit (with TRIAL spoiler)

2 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:15:27 AM(UTC)

Nope, still not able to do that, which is unfortunate, I know. That and painting bumpers/exterior trim and selecting manufacturer interior trim colors are things I would personally love to add to Forza, but we can't do it all in every game, durnit.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:17:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:29:43 AM(UTC)

Nope, still not able to do that, which is unfortunate, I know. That and painting bumpers/exterior trim and selecting manufacturer interior trim colors are things I would personally love to add to Forza, but we can't do it all in every game, durnit.

Damn, that's a shame. Will they still be bright red?

#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:15:16 AM(UTC)
I don't think the s15 '00 silvia has a wide body think it's just the rain. Checked again your right.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:58:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:16:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SkilledUnit Go to Quoted Post
I don't think the s15 '00 silvia has a wide body think it's just the rain.

I believe it is a widebody kit. The rear diffuser(?) looks on par with some I found.

All said and done, the rear fender flares look a bit off...not the best picture to judge though, so I'm sure a better picture would clarify it.

One of "The 50"
#50 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 1:20:05 AM(UTC)
Another widebody for the '97 M3

*Photo credit to MonteoMax*

11 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error