3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:27:03 AM(UTC)
Will there be public multiplayer lobbies or whatever horizon wants to call them for racing where the person who crosses the finish line first is the winner?

Pretty simple but the FAQs suggest racing "lobby" winners will be based on XP.

I'm ok with XP races if you're just driving around in a casual manner. I know these races favor those who drift and whatnot.

It's just not clear to me if the simplest form of racing exists in public multiplayer. Any help on this topic would be nice.

I've found other threads that discussed other issues like drifting favoritism in XP races and difficulty in finding public races for classes you like most. This topic is not about those issues.

I will be buying FH3 since I'm making a ton of money right now and this simple feature will determine if I buy the special editions or base copy. Thanks for help.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:10:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Will there be public multiplayer lobbies or whatever horizon wants to call them for racing where the person who crosses the finish line first is the winner?

I'm ok with XP races if you're just driving around in a casual manner. I know these races favor those who drift and whatnot.

It's just not clear to me if the simplest form of racing exists in public multiplayer. Any help on this topic would be nice.

I've found other threads that discussed other issues like drifting favoritism in XP races and difficulty in finding public races for classes you like most. This topic is not about those issues.

I will be buying FH3 since I'm making a ton of money right now and this simple feature will determine if I buy the special editions or base copy. Thanks for help.

The person who crosses the finish line first is always the winner in Horizon MP races. There is also a separate XP championship running alongside races where those who don't cross the line in the top can still accomplish something.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:26:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

The person who crosses the finish line first is always the winner in Horizon MP races. There is also a separate XP championship running alongside races where those who don't cross the line in the top can still accomplish something.

Ahhh thank you! Well that sounds pretty neat. I'll do my preorder later today. :)
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:57:20 AM(UTC)

Ahhh thank you! Well that sounds pretty neat. I'll do my preorder later today. :)

"To accomplish something" Um, no.

In FH2 the one who drifts will win at the end the autotour. The XP gained from a race victory is so low that you can ignore it.

I find it ironic as you guys said that you want to give drifters something in FH3, when actual racers were ignored too.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:09:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MRCLKBLACK Go to Quoted Post

In FH2 the one who drifts will win at the end the autotour. The XP gained from a race victory is so low that you can ignore it.

I find it ironic as you guys said that you want to give drifters something in FH3, when actual racers were ignored too.

That's not the case anymore. Very rarely in championships I play now does the person who wins or places well in every race not finish first in the championship. If you drift and get skills you won't finish the race and you won't be winning any championships.
Mod Edit - Link removed. Do not repost. - D
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:31:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VanquishedAgain Go to Quoted Post

That's not the case anymore. Very rarely in championships I play now does the person who wins or places well in every race not finish first in the championship. If you drift and get skills you won't finish the race and you won't be winning any championships.

Really? Isn't it more like the case that hardcore FH2 racers are left in FH2 who don't care for FM and Those race among themselves in the Autotour events. If now someone joins them, he'll be probably less skilled and left behind.

I believe if someone who is skilled to drift in mind reaching the finish. He will win the overall autotour.

That said, I haven't really played the autotour since I have bad experience with it. I did try it out once 4 weeks ago and what I described at the top was the case. It's not a week long experience though
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:46:09 AM(UTC)
The "Clean Racing" XP bonus you get for driving clean between checkpoints during a race in Multiplayer (avoiding hard collisions with cars or the world) is basically double that of FH2, so if you're into clean racing, you get rewarded for it even more than before.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 12:56:07 PM(UTC)
The "Clean Racing" XP bonus you get for driving clean between checkpoints during a race in Multiplayer (avoiding hard collisions with cars or the world) is basically double that of FH2, so if you're into clean racing, you get rewarded for it even more than before.

That sounds promising! If it is going to reward us racers though is something will see when we've got the game in our hands this month.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:25:45 PM(UTC)
As far as I know, it is similar to FH2 in the respect that the person with the most XP will win the championship. However, the balancing may be different and will hopefully cater slightly better to out and out racers who don't want to slide around during a 'race'.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:49:58 PM(UTC)
how will you get to multiple events? Do you do a road trip to each event like in 2 or do we just load to the next one?
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:52:40 PM(UTC)
meh

In FH2 I raced to win every race.

If I achieved that I was happy even if the XP championship said something different.

My goal was to race fast and cross the line first not to see my name top of some cyber leaderboard.

I blame the ants.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:57:47 PM(UTC)

Drift to win more credits in the XP battle.
Race to win glory.

Personally I love to drift but I do go fast enough to get a decent position. Maybe that's just me.

Note that grip racers can still earn XP by keeping their skill chain going throughout the race by doing little things, or by just racing cleanly.

Online racing is not as baised as you think.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:12:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emrickninja Go to Quoted Post

Drift to win more credits in the XP battle.
Race to win glory.

Personally I love to drift but I do go fast enough to get a decent position. Maybe that's just me.

Note that grip racers can still earn XP by keeping their skill chain going throughout the race by doing little things, or by just racing cleanly.

Online racing is not as baised as you think.

Race for glory? When the other guys XP Points for drifting puts them at the top of autotour event? Sry, as long as I don't see my name at the top for winning the races I won't get any satisfaction from it.

XP won by clean racing is pathetically low (which they stated in this thread is increased for FH3) and made those events really unbalanced.

As I stated before, I haven't got that much experience in Autotours. The bad experience I had at the beginning made me race only in free roam searching for racers ( quite painful to find someone who is capable of going round a bend) or the Nice Showroom showdown races.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:09:27 PM(UTC)
Drifting or scoring XP points during the race had little to do with it. It was the race between the races and getting from one location to the other where people racked up points yet couldn't do well in actual races. This is when I would go to the bathroom or grab something to drink and lose lots of points. Points I didn't care about! I just played to win races and didn't care about arbitrary XP points. My winning percentage and average finishing position shows in my stats but winning "arbitrary" xp points doesn't. Plus you usually joined a road trip in progress which meant road trip champion was probably undoable. Plus if you got in a road trip that had a few guys from the same club the club bonus would bury you. So road trip champion was totally meaningless but winning races is always fun.

All I care about is being able to choose which class I play in online and won't buy H3 if it is like H2 where you are forced to play a class you don't want to play. There has been no clarification on this? So far it sounds like H2 which is horrible and something I refuse to pay for. If I want to go online and race in B class I don't want to be jammed into an S2 group who have no idea how to control an S2 car.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 10:51:33 PM(UTC)
I've only been playing FH3 for a couple week, and I've managed to get my level up to 220 or so in that time, so I've been playing a lot. The problem that I have is with the Championship races. I guess I'm just missing something. How are racers that win zero events, winning the championship? Today for example, I joined an online championship, and we chose a Asphalt Only Race. I won all 4 of the events, and not by a little, by a lot. After each event, I found myself in 4th or 5th position in the championship, with guys in front of me that didn't even come close to winning the race. After the last race, the game must have felt guilty, and bumped me up to the second position in the championship, this after winning all 4 of the events. The guy in 1st place won none of the events, and wasn't in contention from what I could tell.

Now, I know about HE cars (There were none in this championship, btw) , and clean racing bonuses, ect. I'm in a club, so I get points for that, but my question is.....

What Am I Missing? How are guys winning championships with 10k-15k in points over a racer who won all 4 events. Is there a race voodoo doll that I must rub, to get these magical points? Someone please enlighten me.........
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:04:43 PM(UTC)
Higher skill point totals, most likely.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 5 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:05:47 AM(UTC)
If you spend the race drifting and stunting instead of coming first you can easily beat the racers. Pretty stupid idea for a racing game if you ask me but there we go. lol
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:20:53 AM(UTC)
Well that probably explains it..........I was wondering why some of the so called "racers" were spending most of the race drifting instead of racing. That does seem a little dumb for a racing event......

Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
If you spend the race drifting and stunting instead of coming first you can easily beat the racers. Pretty stupid idea for a racing game if you ask me but there we go. lol

#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:11:58 AM(UTC)
Yeah, it's stupid allowing skill-less people win the championship. Saying that though, i've come to realise that winning an online championship ship is absolutely pointless! You only get 2000 more credits than second place whether you beat them by 10 xp or 30000 xp and there's no benefit towards the next 'adventure' such as extra voting points (which should be a reward btw!).

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:03:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Search my Storefront for tunes! (and some quality vinyl groups) :)
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:49:42 AM(UTC)
Sigh... here we go again.

If you win each race and do so cleanly (no crashes, gain skills yourself for clean driving (which give you more points than drifting does)), you will win the championship. The math works that way - the points divide only allows for some much ground to be made via purely skill points. Seriously, I've seen people whine about this so much (ingame more than the forum) and every time it's been because they ram people or managed to crash. Which means they gain no skill bonus even though they won the race. And every other time, it's that they didn't win each race and the supposed runner up raced cleaner than they did.

I've been racing for a long time. Before HE cars were patched out of adding their bonus to online play (that's right, they removed that functionality some time ago) this was an actual problem. However not anymore. Drifting in the back can only gain you so much if you are coming in last, or second last, or third last...

You get what place you earn. You don't gain skill points if you don't race clean. And if you race clean and go fast, you will make more than enough skill points by the end for your win to skyrocket you up the board. If what the OP said was true (which it might not be about how far away he was from losing) then he either crashed a lot or got the win and had no skill chain the whole race (which is next to impossible if you don't crash).

Edited by user Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:59:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:14:22 AM(UTC)
I've only played through 2 online championships (for a Forzathon), won only one of all the races, yet I won both championships. I just raced as clean as I could, and being mostly offroad, I racked up a lot of skill points. Air time, drifting and banana plants FTW.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:43:38 AM(UTC)
I still think they need to reward where you finish more heavily. This would probably fix a lot of the issue. I can win either way. Doesn't matter to me. I will say that the moment I get wrecked or if I miss a checkpoint, me trying to win vs me "laying sideways" the whole race does change.

PRESIDENT/CO-FOUNDER
THE FUEL JUNKIE CAR CLUB
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:14:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The MasterMedic Go to Quoted Post

If you win each race and do so cleanly (no crashes, gain skills yourself for clean driving (which give you more points than drifting does)), you will win the championship. The math works that way - the points divide only allows for some much ground to be made via purely skill points. Seriously, I've seen people whine about this so much (ingame more than the forum) and every time it's been because they ram people or managed to crash. Which means they gain no skill bonus even though they won the race. And every other time, it's that they didn't win each race and the supposed runner up raced cleaner than they did.

I've been racing for a long time. Before HE cars were patched out of adding their bonus to online play (that's right, they removed that functionality some time ago) this was an actual problem. However not anymore. Drifting in the back can only gain you so much if you are coming in last, or second last, or third last...

You get what place you earn. You don't gain skill points if you don't race clean. And if you race clean and go fast, you will make more than enough skill points by the end for your win to skyrocket you up the board. If what the OP said was true (which it might not be about how far away he was from losing) then he either crashed a lot or got the win and had no skill chain the whole race (which is next to impossible if you don't crash).

Yes, here we go again, because it's clearly an issue given that it's brought up so damn often.
 4 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:29:44 AM(UTC)
In single player it's called championship = points based (finishing position)

In multiplayer it says XP championship = who gains the most XP leads

I really don't understand how it's confusing

Would I like the game to have an online championship. ABSOLUTELY.
But I'm not confused as how to get to top of XP championship board. If I would rather actually race with friends. I do and don't begraudge the 2k-10k credits I'm missing out on.

They nerfed our XP over this! How is it so hard to grasp.
If you want to win XP championship. Do things that earn you XP: race cleanly, drift, speed bonus, race cleanly.

If you want to win the race : race cleanly and go for it

If you want to do both combine the two and see where you end up. I'm usually a podium, in championship and if not what's a couple thousand credits. I don't go online to make credits.

I would like a Points based championship, I would like a cycled production event so we could play a bunch of classes. I put all those wishes in the wish list, if you haven't please do so
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:34:13 PM(UTC)
As mentioned, I was well out front in all 4 events. All my races were clean, with maybe one or two starting line bumps, and I still lost to someone with 15k more points at the end of the championship. The guys behind me were definitely not racing clean. I think this may have been the first championship, where I've won all of the events. It's a little depressing not to also win the Championship. Guess I'll have to learn to slide around all the corners, if I want to win.

Originally Posted by: The MasterMedic Go to Quoted Post

Edited by user Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:36:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error