4 Pages<<234Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:19:40 AM(UTC)
Well, I think everyone fails to realize that ALL of the racers that aren't in the front need to be conservative at least for the first lap. The hard thing about that is not everyone has the same plans or intentions. If you start midpack and you are giving everyone room 9 times out of 10 you will get slammed from behind. Then the chaos starts....

I'd like to get some feedback on this one. We were racing at Road Atlanta and it was a very clean race. I ran 5th most of the race and 4th had slipped up and I got by. As I caught 3rd, he drove off the track in turn 10 and then yanked it on the track. He knew I was coming and block the entire track. SO I had to let off a little. Regardless I still had the momentum to pass but he blocked me all the way up the hill. I did get to his outside before the last turn and then he just absolutely cleaned me off the track. Of course he crashed too but this was ridiculous. I sent him a message and all he could say was "learn where to pass".... I mean if you go off the track and want to get on that's fine but don't block the entire track trying to preserve your spot and then to keep on blocking is unreal. So if you see Selimbeys67 be on the lookout and watch yourself. This guy is 100% dirty af.

Take a look for yourself... You can clearly see (and hear) that I was off the throttle - https://vid.me/0jFK
#77 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:00:10 AM(UTC)
This is what happens when you race in car or bonnet. The person in front had no idea how close you were and you can't race defensive safely if you don't know where they are. I would of used my breaks when I saw him coming over to the left and I don't think I would of tried over taking at that point of the track. The next corner is a much better over taking opportunity as most people miss the apex and go wide. I'd put this down to a racing incident and advise more patients when looking for an overtaking opportunity
#78 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:23:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XtremeR Tyskie Go to Quoted Post
This is what happens when you race in car or bonnet. The person in front had no idea how close you were and you can't race defensive safely if you don't know where they are. I would of used my breaks when I saw him coming over to the left and I don't think I would of tried over taking at that point of the track. The next corner is a much better over taking opportunity as most people miss the apex and go wide. I'd put this down to a racing incident and advise more patients when looking for an overtaking opportunity

Well thanks for your opinion but I highly disagree. He knew where I was and he knew what he was doing. The best part was I wasn't even going to attempt to overtake there. Maybe had it been the last lap I would have. If the whole scenario was recorded you would understand more. He went offtrack, back on and blocked the entire track. I slowed and started to try to find a way by on the hill and he blocked AGAIN. At that point I was tired of losing time and speed so I tried to carry what momentum I could and fall in behind him (which is why i was getting off the throttle)... And patient you say? I was patient all race. Because someone drives off the track and comes back on to block me to save his spot means I am impatient? No. Furthermore with these GT's you can run side by side through that last corner anyway!

Anyway, lesson learned. Today is a new day and I'll make sure that doesn't happen again at the other driver expense, if needed.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:41:26 AM(UTC)
If you don't have the full reply then how do you know he knew where you was and what he was doing. If he was racing cockpit there is no way he knew how far back you were. I see this happen all the time and it's lack of special awareness that causes incidents like this.

I can't agree that you can go 2 wide round the last corner at Atlanta. This corner is flat out and the lead car needs every inch of the track to make it round. Id only over take there on the inside if there was room to get my car along side before turning into the corner. If your on the outside your very lickly to get collected on the exit of the corner and both end up in the tyres. That being said I would not attempt that monouver unless I knew the person in front was clean and considerate.

I'm not saying you don't have patients and I'm sorry if that was patronising but I have to agree with the lead car that this is not a good overtaking point.

Holding back and waiting for the next corner to overtake was always going to be the best option. Even more so if you knew this guy was dirty.
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:34:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaptainMcScript Go to Quoted Post
Well, I think everyone fails to realize that ALL of the racers that aren't in the front need to be conservative at least for the first lap. The hard thing about that is not everyone has the same plans or intentions. If you start midpack and you are giving everyone room 9 times out of 10 you will get slammed from behind. Then the chaos starts....

I'd like to get some feedback on this one. We were racing at Road Atlanta and it was a very clean race. I ran 5th most of the race and 4th had slipped up and I got by. As I caught 3rd, he drove off the track in turn 10 and then yanked it on the track. He knew I was coming and block the entire track. SO I had to let off a little. Regardless I still had the momentum to pass but he blocked me all the way up the hill. I did get to his outside before the last turn and then he just absolutely cleaned me off the track. Of course he crashed too but this was ridiculous. I sent him a message and all he could say was "learn where to pass".... I mean if you go off the track and want to get on that's fine but don't block the entire track trying to preserve your spot and then to keep on blocking is unreal. So if you see Selimbeys67 be on the lookout and watch yourself. This guy is 100% dirty af.

Take a look for yourself... You can clearly see (and hear) that I was off the throttle - https://vid.me/0jFK

Sorry, but that was your fault. 100%.

He may have come back on the track before you got there but by the time you caught him he was back up to speed, defended legitimately, and you tried to pass where there was 0 chance of getting past without him simply braking to let you go past.

So yeah, I agree with him. Learn where to pass.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:19:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post

He may have come back on the track before you got there but by the time you caught him he was back up to speed, defended legitimately, and you tried to pass where there was 0 chance of getting past without him simply braking to let you go past.

I've let this go because none of you understand what happened and didn't readwhat I wrote... The only reason we were remotely going the same speed is because he blocked as soon as he re-entered the track - which happens just before the clip started. And then as we go up the hill he continues to block. These GT's have cameras in cockpit and if you're on the hood view there's a mirror... Regardless had I not been blocked after his offtrack excursion this wouldn't have happened.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:23:11 AM(UTC)

My take on this is, He was on the track, you were behind him, I would have tried the inside. You can clearly see he was setting himself up for the downhill turn. I think you forced the pass and he did not see you. The inside of that turn would have been the best place to be.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:34:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post

I've let this go because none of you understand what happened and didn't readwhat I wrote... The only reason we were remotely going the same speed is because he blocked as soon as he re-entered the track - which happens just before the clip started. And then as we go up the hill he continues to block. These GT's have cameras in cockpit and if you're on the hood view there's a mirror... Regardless had I not been blocked after his offtrack excursion this wouldn't have happened.

I don't care what happened just before the video or on the previous lap or in the previous race. In this incident right here, you caused that accident by lousy driving.

The other guy being an idiot at any other point doesn't change it. A lousy pass is still a lousy pass even if you're justifiable annoyed at the guy.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:36:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:44:40 AM(UTC)
Just got screwed the second race in a row.
First race was Long Beach, crawled back to the pits, then put in a fast clean lap at least.
Next race Daytona. I sit on pole, as intended, first corner somebody slams into my back so that engine drivetrain and so on are gone. The way the GT is build you suffer a lot more damage when you get hit as if you hit someone. Big advantage for wreckers.

Another chaoscreator is the rolling start. Manual w. clutch drivers don't have their advantages so the field is even closer together when entering the first corner. It was the same in the formula Ford racecar. It's really hard to survive up front. Actually I think starting from the back is way better this way as you can see the chaos and can drive around it.

So all in all this combination is rather unlucky.
Standing start and front engined cars make more sense. Better drivers have a chance to survive and wreckers wreck themselves when they crash into someone else.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:31:59 PM(UTC)
The worst thing in leagues just happened to me I was driving in second place when I hit a car that was standing on the middle of the track I saw he was in tenth place while there where just nine people in our lobby which means they don't remove all cars that leave the race or at least ghost them.
This meant that I got third which is not bad but I could've become last because of this.
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:52:36 AM(UTC)
Also this happened to me yesterday I was in a league race when our cars where braking automatically and I mean all cars they even had steering assist and traction control which meant everyone was like what's happening and I could take a second place.
I looked at the game setting's afterwards but those where standing at the normal settings and I had all assists off but the simulation steering.
This was really weird but the next race was normal again.
#87 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:33:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WoolenRacer Go to Quoted Post
Also this happened to me yesterday I was in a league race when our cars where braking automatically and I mean all cars they even had steering assist and traction control which meant everyone was like what's happening and I could take a second place.
I looked at the game setting's afterwards but those where standing at the normal settings and I had all assists off but the simulation steering.
This was really weird but the next race was normal again.

Someone else had the exact same problem yesterday. That's really wierd.
#88 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 9:41:51 PM(UTC)
I'm so glad it will be over in an hour of so...
#89 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:32:28 AM(UTC)
The worst thing in leagues just happened to me I was driving in second place when I hit a car that was standing on the middle of the track I saw he was in tenth place while there where just nine people in our lobby which means they don't remove all cars that leave the race or at least ghost them.
This meant that I got third which is not bad but I could've become last because of this.

In that case, you should report the player, with a recorded video, and do not report on xbox report system, i just reported the guy that made the same thing, with simulator damage, recorded on video, uploaded into twitter and marked forza motorsport, at least i got an answer saying that as been taking action on that player. I can confess, after that answer by forza I never saw that guy online.

If you want to see more of this kind of behavior visit by playlist on youtube, i made it with some friends, and soon i will post more.
https://www.youtube.com/...i50jLzI2MGKernJRVghRVJXi

#90 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:17:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fabiodaniel11 Go to Quoted Post

In that case, you should report the player, with a recorded video, and do not report on xbox report system, i just reported the guy that made the same thing, with simulator damage, recorded on video, uploaded into twitter and marked forza motorsport, at least i got an answer saying that as been taking action on that player. I can confess, after that answer by forza I never saw that guy online.

If you want to see more of this kind of behavior visit by playlist on youtube, i made it with some friends, and soon i will post more.
https://www.youtube.com/...i50jLzI2MGKernJRVghRVJXi

Well i don't see it as a problem caused by that person it's a problem that's caused because the car doesn't get ghosted or removed of the track which creates dangerous situations. I think turn 10 should do something about this. But it didn't do anything to my experience in leagues as I finished in the top 1% and will probably get all dlc packs that were offered.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error