This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:11:08 AM(UTC)
When Playground Games says we can ford rivers and drive through lakes will they mean its a puddle for the river or will we get water up to the doors deep in a lake or river?
I was just wondering.
#127 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:19:17 AM(UTC)
So far, all we have seen are streams that are about a foot deep, but we probably will be able to go through a deep river.
#128 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:36:18 PM(UTC)
There's a video of the race along the beach where some goon goes into the water to see how far he could go. When you get in two or three feet deep the car resets to the beach as you've probably seen in Forza demos when you try to go off the map.

I expect it would be the same in the lakes.

#129 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:39:48 PM(UTC)
ive just been wondering for a while, because the closest i got to offraoding on xbox 1 was on the crew driving up a rivertrail i found and me and some friends would just go through it and crawl over the rocks and i am really hoping i could get deep water in this and ALOT of it.
#130 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 4:07:17 AM(UTC)
Its fun to take the latest FH3 IGN video and figure out where on the map the offloading course is located. Looks like top center of the outback and the race goes through a small canyon

I noticed at the end of the race, you can see the sky scrapers in the far distance. Imagine how cool this will be when your driving at night towards the city from the outback.
 2 users liked this post.
#131 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 4:36:06 AM(UTC)
I just realized guys. Why haven't we counted up all the danger jumps, drift zones and such to see how much map hasn't been reveled yet?
Okay lets start off. Firstly from this AR12 Video at 4:10 we can see that there are a total 0/15 danger signs discovered and 0/17 drift zones discovered. And from this leaked video at 1:04 we can see the map slowly reveal itself and all of its events and such. Now from my poor counting skills I have counted 13/17 drift zones and 8/15 danger signs (Don't quote me on that I'm awful at counting and I feel like I may have missed 1 or 2) which is proof that there is definitely more map to be discovered. And a sizable amount of map left to be revealed as these things are fairly spread out. Hope this helps keep the hype alive guys, I know I'm definitely excited for September 23rd.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 6:02:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#132 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 12:55:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaariaal Go to Quoted Post
....see how much map has been reveled?

Well we know there is at least a small portion (maybe more) at the top of the known map because the city is abruptly cut off. This is confirmed in the recent IGN event video as the gorge they drive through is not on the known map and appears to run through the hills to the north and loop back. Follow the position of the triangular shaped hill/mountain to see what I mean. After they exit the gorge you even get a quick glance at some skyscrapers in the distance belonging to the city.

#133 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 1:27:46 PM(UTC)
JONK1969 posted earlier in this thread about the difference between the dimensions of the map and it's drivable area. The impression I got is that the dimensions of the map are roughly the same as those of the FH2 map while the "drivable area" is twice its size - a lot of the FH2 map was surrounded by impenetrable fences which is evidently not the case in FH3.

1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 8:19:56 AM(UTC)

Upgraded map from todays stream. Only small new part was revealed.
#135 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 8:21:44 AM(UTC)
What are the red lines for in the north and north west part of the map?
 1 user liked this post.
#136 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 8:29:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MasterZH Go to Quoted Post

Upgraded map from todays stream. Only small new part was revealed.

Wow! Cant wait to see what the left bottom portion of the map will be. It would be awesome if its Australia's Alpine mountain roads.
#137 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 11:54:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Soules Reaper Go to Quoted Post
What are the red lines for in the north and north west part of the map?

Those were from a post before, where they showed roads going into nowhere.
#138 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 12:04:22 PM(UTC)
There's going to be some epic whining when it turns out that this is essentially the entire map, minus a little bit of Surfer's Paradise in the corner.

Looks pretty good to me, though.

Edited by user Friday, August 19, 2016 12:05:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#139 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 12:06:47 PM(UTC)
I've stitched together an HD version of the map.

HD map after the Gamescom Gameplay

And here's the map with the routes they drove. Red is the Ford Raptor freeroam, blue is the race they ran, and magenta is the Nissan 240SX freeroam.

HD map after Gamescom gameplay with routes driven marked
 5 users liked this post.
#140 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 7:59:19 PM(UTC)
So far the only event we've seen other than the ones in the E3 demo is the Gorge Cross Country event. IGN showed us some 4K footage of it last week, but we've got some new information about this event during the recent livestream from Gamescom. They showed the event title card which shows us it is 4.7 miles long. This wouldn't be useful if we couldn't accurately map out the route of the event, so thankfully they also showed off the part of the map that we were missing last week which was preventing us from knowing where exactly the route went north of Coober Pedy. Now, we can figure out the scale of the map by drawing the event route on the map and measuring how long it is in pixels. This gives us a conversion rate of miles to pixels with only a small margin of error depending on how inaccurate the drawing is (I think I got it pretty darn close). Using this on this map I made earlier we get the race length of ~1990 pixels or a conversion rate of 1 mile = 423 pixels (after rounding). Note this rate will be different on maps stitched together at a different resolution. I used gimp, traced over the route with a path and used the 'measure active path' plugin to get it's length in pixels. We can then map out a grid to visualize how many miles the known map is with each box being 423 by 423 pixels or 1 square mile.

TL;DR: Here's the current known map with a 1 mile spaced grid. This scale measures the airstrip at exactly 1.5 miles long, and the whole known map at ~9.5 miles East to West and ~8.5 miles North to South.

FH3 current known map with 1 mile square grid.
 1 user liked this post.
#141 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 10:32:56 PM(UTC)
That is great, amazing work. now if only we could get that bottom left hand corner of the map revealed. I get the feeling its filled with mountain roads to enjoy all these sick new rocket bunny drift machines.
#142 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 11:10:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
That is great, amazing work. now if only we could get that bottom left hand corner of the map revealed. I get the feeling its filled with mountain roads to enjoy all these sick new rocket bunny drift machines.

I would die for that. I reckon that's what it is because it's around the Kiewa valley and Yarra valley which have some of the greatest Aussie mountain driving roads. Source: Am Aussie. Used to live in the Yarra valley. Now I live 30 minutes away from the great ocean road and the 12 apostles.
 1 user liked this post.
#143 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 12:14:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: flatdarkmars Go to Quoted Post
There's going to be some epic whining when it turns out that this is essentially the entire map, minus a little bit of Surfer's Paradise in the corner.

Looks pretty good to me, though.

Hey, at least it's not a NFS sized map. I was personally hoping for something JC3 size but I am still extremely happy with what we have been given, It may not be ENORMOUS but, it feels and looks ENORMOUS, on top of that it feel like every inch of it serves a purpose (unlike FH2 which felt so bland and empty I hated it).

You also have to take into consideration that the map is a lot more open than previous titles, there are very few walls blocking you. Basically if you can see it, you can dive to it.

I also love what they have done to end the top of the map. The big cliff faces are ten times better than any world borders I've seen. They look very natural and not forced into place.

But let people say what the numbers and statistics of the map, as long as I love it that's all I care about :)
#144 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 12:56:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConverseFox Go to Quoted Post
Says lotsa amazing sleuth like cartographer of the year stuff

Stupendous discoveries, keep up the soopadoopa work!

#145 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 2:02:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wise 84 Go to Quoted Post
As an Aussie I'm keen to know what locations are in the game. Are Melbourne and Sydney included? It would be weird if you could visit the GOR and Yarra Valley but can't enter Melbourne which is only 60 mins real time drive from those locations.

Some of these locations are thousands of km part so this game seems to take a few liberties with geography.

Locations included so far.

REAL WORLD SPECIFIC LOCATIONS

Wine Region/Forest Hill Climb | Yarra Valley/Black Spur - CONFIRMED
Beach Seaside Region | Great Ocean Road/Twelve Apostles - CONFIRMED
Urban Region | Surfers Paradise - CONFIRMED
Outback Region | Ormiston Gorge - CONFIRMED

GENERAL LOCATIONS
Rainforest (Daintree inspired possibly) - CONFIRMED
Desert sand dunes - CONFIRMED

The game would be nothing without Sydney and the Opera House therein. We didn't have all the locations revealed in E3 for FH2, so I think it's highly doubtful that the demo portion of the game includes all final locations. Ralph Fulton at Gamescon has revealed more of what Surfers' Paradise looks, but really, is that the only major city? If yes, we want more cities in the game as in FH2!

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#146 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:57:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FORMULA ONE 44 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wise 84 Go to Quoted Post
As an Aussie I'm keen to know what locations are in the game. Are Melbourne and Sydney included? It would be weird if you could visit the GOR and Yarra Valley but can't enter Melbourne which is only 60 mins real time drive from those locations.

Some of these locations are thousands of km part so this game seems to take a few liberties with geography.

Locations included so far.

REAL WORLD SPECIFIC LOCATIONS

Wine Region/Forest Hill Climb | Yarra Valley/Black Spur - CONFIRMED
Beach Seaside Region | Great Ocean Road/Twelve Apostles - CONFIRMED
Urban Region | Surfers Paradise - CONFIRMED
Outback Region | Ormiston Gorge - CONFIRMED

GENERAL LOCATIONS
Rainforest (Daintree inspired possibly) - CONFIRMED
Desert sand dunes - CONFIRMED

The game would be nothing without Sydney and the Opera House therein. We didn't have all the locations revealed in E3 for FH2, so I think it's highly doubtful that the demo portion of the game includes all final locations. Ralph Fulton at Gamescon has revealed more of what Surfers' Paradise looks, but really, is that the only major city? If yes, we want more cities in the game as in FH2!

There is byron bay, but nothing else really apart from that. I think this game is focused a lot more on off roading, and that is why there are less cities as such.

If you want to race in cities, then your best bet is NFS. Personally I like to stay on the asphalt but I couldn't skip a game that looks as amazing as forza horizon 3, especially since it is set in my own backyard.

My dream racing game would either be a 1:1 revsion of Victoria orr even just Melbourne. Hopefully the next Horizon will be set in Japan and there will be more of a drifting/ street racing focus :)

1 user liked this post.
#147 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:31:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaariaal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

I would die for that. I reckon that's what it is because it's around the Kiewa valley and Yarra valley which have some of the greatest Aussie mountain driving roads. Source: Am Aussie. Used to live in the Yarra valley. Now I live 30 minutes away from the great ocean road and the 12 apostles.

I have a good feeling though, if you look left of the Kiewa Valley marker you can see several hairpins and a rise in elevation, so I'm assuming thats at least 1 mountain road. However for a map this big I think it would be sorely lacking if there was only one twisty road, but they're could easily be more with so much map left.
#148 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 3:34:37 PM(UTC)
I'm starting to wonder what secret marvels are beyond the rest of the map. Because they sure are keeping the entire map a secret! Driving me nuts lol

Great work with all the map making, good stuff
 1 user liked this post.
#149 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:26:02 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the updated map guys, I've put a route and such from the gamescom gameplay, also I found the full route of that train :)
 2 users liked this post.
#150 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:48:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
... also I found the full route of that train :)

That train should be fun - I got caught once by the train in The Crew and got properly plowed for not being more careful. Would be good to learn the timetable for the one in Horizon.

9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error