6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:48:11 AM(UTC)
The nissan r391 seems a bit slow. On absolute low downforce setup the car goes only 320 km/h. That seems a bit slow to me. Or is it the imsa version. That cars runs not that fast than the le mans entry cars. But to me the car feels slow and thats with upgrade to 997.
I was nearly 15 seconds slower in comparsion to the other c group cars. 15 seconds is a bit much or?
#77 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:48:31 AM(UTC)
Can't wait to drive the Nissan
 5 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:51:29 AM(UTC)
1979 Rear Fenders - Wow, those rear fenders have a Datsun on them!
2000 BMW 232ti - Never been too much of a fan of the BMW Compacts, always seemed like it was bought for the badge for teen girls by there parents, but this one seems interesting, don't know if we got this in the UK or not.
Fiat 695 Biposto - looks like a mega nutter version, shame the stats don't make it much better than the stamdard one, you'd think it would be better at corners.
1964 Ferrari F158 - love the cars from this era.
Watson roadster - kind of looks outdated for its time, usually Indycars looked more sophisticated than the F1s of the time.
Nissan R91CP - Don't need to say anything!
CTS-V - Love super saloons and this one looks mega.

I think why many people don't like some of these packs is that there seem to be more people who only like a particular niche. There just doesn't seem to be general car enthusiasts anymore, certainly not everyone has to like everything, but there isn't the respect or appreciation for the full spectrum of cars.

I don't care for drifting and tuner cars (the Speedhunters scene) but I understand why its liked and I certainly don't think its pointless or stupid, yet so many of the more vocal Forza fans that just hate or thinks its pointless because they don't like it.

There are many die hard Mustang and Camaro fans that not so interest in they weren't American, or the people who only like supercars and are ignorant to anything lesser (like many youtubers, both real and games), or like things like the Vulcan and FXX but say actual race cars are pointless. It would be great if people could expand their Horizons and just learn to appreciate car culture, if it your cup of tea or not.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:58:55 AM(UTC)
i wish they had put some of the following cars in the game.

Vauxhall Nova GTE
Vauxhall Astra GTE
Triumph Spitfire
Triumph TR7
Ford Capri 2.8i mk3
Jeep Wrangler
Kia Cee'd

there are much more cars that deserve to be added to the game.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:04:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Snooty Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CouchReaper Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Snooty Go to Quoted Post
New walls on Catalunya on the grass on turn 5 if you're on the full circuit. I don't know how else to explain it I'm awful with names of corners,

You mean that 180 degree corner. Nope, those have been added in last month ;)

OK thank you. Also, does anyone know if on Rio Mountain circuit if after the downhill straight into the big left hand turn if there was alays a tire wall on the inside? For whatever reason I don't remember haha

Yeah, and they are also on the full version of rio. As far as I know those have never been there before, and I also don't see the point of them being placed that close to the normal wall
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:40:32 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - "NISSAN WOULD BE ASHAMED!" thread merged - MM]

Glad I only spent $3
I urge no one to waste any more money

nuf said

VPR Rancid

Edited by user Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:23:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:46:26 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the vague post. I'll go back to enjoying my cars
#83 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:48:38 PM(UTC)
Thanks turn 10 . great to see more car packs being put out there.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:49:19 PM(UTC)
vague but to the point no one should have to be disappointed in a purchace
#85 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:12:55 PM(UTC)
If he's referring to the group C car, I have to agree. In forza the car has not even 700hp, where in real life it was close to 800. The thing handles great, but after 150mph it's like a fish out of water with other lmp cars.

Not sure if T10 was avoiding making it over powered or what.

A better title would be "Fix the Nissan R91CP"

EDIT: If you remove the restrictors on it it's power output is realistic.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:18:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:16:48 PM(UTC)
On the contrary, I'm enjoying it.

Take that opinion and do as you will.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#87 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:20:40 PM(UTC)
you can enjoy it that's fine but its worthless to race unless you are in a private lobby racing against just that car and I would have labeled the post as such if I thought t10 was going to do anything about it I just don't want people to waste there money
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:25:28 PM(UTC)
Nice car pack, Turn 10! The Caddy, Abarth, and Watson Indy car were a plus from me, and especially the Nissans (which got me interested), last time I drove a Group C Nissan in a video game was GT4!
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#89 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:33:13 PM(UTC)
go post a top page time with any of the cars from the car pack for any of the classes they belong to because they got it wrong
 1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:38:08 PM(UTC)
p class Nissan is garbage they probably ruined the other cars as well
#91 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:41:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VPR Rancid Go to Quoted Post
p class Nissan is garbage they probably ruined the other cars as well

Actually no, the Nissan is the only one that has a problem.
 2 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:55:02 PM(UTC)
Another fantastic and varied pack, my only complaint would be to echo what many have said about the R91's odd lack of top end, which had to be a glitch, considering cars like that topped 200 mph at Daytona in their day.

Hopefully, like the Ford DP, T10 release a hot fix soon to improve its performance. With that, the pack would be flawless.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:27:13 PM(UTC)
First and foremost the nissan r91cp is amazing. The turbo noises have entertained my inner ricer. Also the Watson will do 118mph in reverse, my life is complete lol.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:38:28 PM(UTC)
just happy to have more cars. variety is the spice of life. just enjoy it....if you can
#95 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:43:37 PM(UTC)
I just don't like how the R91 tops out at 180, it was much faster in real life, and it's P960, all the other P classes will destroy it in a straight line, I hope they fix the speed on it.
"You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house"
 1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:11:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crimson Gungnir Go to Quoted Post
I just don't like how the R91 tops out at 180, it was much faster in real life, and it's P960, all the other P classes will destroy it in a straight line, I hope they fix the speed on it.

Seems there might be a few 'gaffs' with a few of the toplone vehicles... If past is an indicator, then we'll see a 'hot fix' very quickly IF there's a definite issue, which does seem to be the case.

Just to reiterate, let's not go off at the guys n gals at Turn 10. Because the bulk of the team are highly likely to be working on FM7 and assisting in development of Horizon 3.

It's how things are done, sadly. Yes, we'd all like the very one to still be working hard at putting out continued increases in cars, gameplay etc etc. but, with a strict 12 month release schedule, the teams need to move into the n XT iteration quickly, and lend a hand to the other developer to ensure the current title meets its deadline.

Not optimal, but it's what's needed.

OZ
#97 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:24:44 PM(UTC)
Further testing has pretty much proven to me that the top end of the R91 is obviously glitched. It tops out at 178 on the banks at Daytona, while the #75 300ZX, a GT class car from that same era, tops out at about 198. Watch footage of the 1992 Rolex 24 and you can see the R91CP passing all the GT cars on the banking with ease, something that wouldn't happen if it was struggling to reach 180.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#98 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:31:06 PM(UTC)
Interesting pack. Have they fixed that garage limit yet? Because so far the game has 623 unique car models...
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
User is suspended until 3/7/2045 11:23:27 AM(UTC)
#99 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:46:29 PM(UTC)
Just my little "review" of the pack, having not had a chance to play with any of them yet.

2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - About time, although the ATS-V might have been a little more relevant in-game.
2000 BMW 323ti Sport - I'll be honest, not really seeing the point of this when we already have the E36 M3. Not that aesthetics matter too much, but I always thought these things looked awkward too, like a coupe that had just had it's butt chopped off. It might match up with something in-game good for league racing though.
1979 Datsun #33 Bob Sharp Racing 280ZX Turbo - Neat addition, it's a shame we don't have some other IMSA GTX cars, but hopefully this one stacks up well against the ones we have in the game.
1964 Ferrari F-158 F1 - While it's a nice looking car, I don't really see these vintage F1 cars used much in the game, and unfortunately it doesn't have a competitor in-game (that I can remember anyway, not at my console right now).
1964 Watson #1 Sheraton-Thompson Special Roadster - Car has a great history, but again like above... Without a competitor to race it against it isn't much good for vintage racing in my opinion.
2016 Abarth 695 Biposto - Not being someone who follows these types of cars, I'm really not sure what this offers that upgrading our current 500 wouldn't? Takes the "unnecessary re-skin/re-badge of the pack" award away from the BMW I guess.
1991 Nissan #23 Nissan R91CP - Great addition. Not a fan of current Nissans but they had some awesome race cars in the past and this is definitely one of them.

Again we have the issue of Turn 10 including vintage racing cars without having proper opponents for them though. Rivalry is a huge part of what makes racing something that so many of us can be passionate about, and a lot of successful cars wouldn't be nearly as famous or loved if it wasn't for their competition at the time. I really wish they would focus on this going forward, they have a lot of vintage cars in this game that would be great for leagues (the real kind, not the ranked hoppers that they called leagues just to create confusion) to run if they just had logical and balance-able competitors in the game with them.

Overall it's an average pack I think... Worth the money but hardly anything overly special. Certainly not going out with a fizzle, but it's not really a bang either.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:07:40 PM(UTC)
More digging and reading has found that the R91CP has likely been modelled with too little horsepower in FM6. Many websites quote the car at 800BHP, and Nissan's own official website says the car has "Over 680PS". Seems Turn 10 took this a bit bluntly, and gave the car 671 BHP (680PS exactly). I the lack of horsepower explains why the car is so sluggish trying to gain speed in top gear, it's got the gearing for somewhere north of 700 horses, but only 671 to work with.
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error