10 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
#101 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:50:18 PM(UTC)
Will any lossless formats be supported [by Groove]? I've already tried FLAC & WAV and neither of them work. :(

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:18:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#102 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:42:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

If you're listening to Groove Music, then you switch to another station or switch to radio off, then switch back to Groove, it will skip to the start of the next track in your playlist.

This is actually a nifty way you can "skip to next track" on the Groove station. Just d-pad right once to switch off radio, d-pad left to switch back to Groove and play the next track.

If you quit the game, the next time you turn to Groove Music, it will start over from the beginning.

That's a nice solution. I think you guys are doing a great job developing this game. Groove Music Station alone promises to be awesome, let alone the rest of this massive game. I'm really looking forward to it. Also thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions. I appreciate that.
#103 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11:10:40 PM(UTC)
Piping great. Just got a mail from OneDrive. My limit goes from 15gb to 5gb...That's hardly any space at all. And I thought fifteen was to little...Thanks microsoft. Im sure I can blame Obama for this as well, while im at it xD
#104 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 5:15:35 PM(UTC)
So you can only listen to the music you bought in groove?
 1 user liked this post.
#105 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:33:15 AM(UTC)
will this function be available in countries where groove is not available? i'm from singapore and it is not available here
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart... like a ferrari
#106 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:48:56 PM(UTC)
It actually was pretty easy to get the music into grove it really just took some common sense and i figured it out in a minute or two.
#107 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:40:02 AM(UTC)
Quick question. Do we have to upload the music on OneDrive? MS is such a genius and decided to just give 5gb of free space. But considering that we have groove on w10. If we play the game on pc. Can't it just get the playlist from groove itself? And not OneDrive? Or is it a must for it to stream it? Thanks in advance for your reply
#108 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 9:00:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post
Quick question. Do we have to upload the music on OneDrive? MS is such a genius and decided to just give 5gb of free space. But considering that we have groove on w10. If we play the game on pc. Can't it just get the playlist from groove itself? And not OneDrive? Or is it a must for it to stream it? Thanks in advance for your reply

That is a perfectly good question, and that'd be a great scenario if you have tons of music stored on the same PC you're using to play the game (new feature wish list item!). But I'm pretty sure that's not supported, because it is specifically made to stream music into the game from the Groove Music service and/or OneDrive, not also include the music playback feature of the PC-based groove app that plays locally stored music files in addition to streamed music. If you have a playlist you've created in the Windows Groove App that does both, the game would most likely skip over the tunes it can't find online on OneDrive or Groove service and play the next song that it can.
#109 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 9:48:50 AM(UTC)
Will Microsoft Groove support any lossless formats?

If not, I can always convert my files into the largest mp3's I can.
#110 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 9:53:42 AM(UTC)

That is a perfectly good question, and that'd be a great scenario if you have tons of music stored on the same PC you're using to play the game (new feature wish list item!). But I'm pretty sure that's not supported, because it is specifically made to stream music into the game from the Groove Music service and/or OneDrive, not also include the music playback feature of the PC-based groove app that plays locally stored music files in addition to streamed music. If you have a playlist you've created in the Windows Groove App that does both, the game would most likely skip over the tunes it can't find online on OneDrive or Groove service and play the next song that it can.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I can see how that works. Just wondering since I thought 15 gb was little. I know it's a lot of songs. But when you have so much good music that you want to play. It's just not that much. And 5gb is hardly anything. It will be a struggle for sure picking the right music :p I know I can use spotify etc. But it's just something else if there is a radio host between the songs you know?

Edited by user Saturday, July 30, 2016 9:54:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#111 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 11:30:44 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I can see how that works. Just wondering since I thought 15 gb was little. I know it's a lot of songs. But when you have so much good music that you want to play. It's just not that much. And 5gb is hardly anything. It will be a struggle for sure picking the right music :p I know I can use spotify etc. But it's just something else if there is a radio host between the songs you know?

I guess it depends on what your idea of enough music is for your custom radio station. Let's do a little rough estimating:
Most mp3/m4a songs are between 5-8MB, right? Let's say 7.5MB on average (that might be a bit high, too)
Most songs last 3 1/2 to 5 mins - let's say 4 min on average.

If my math is correct (and remember I'm a game designer, not a programmer), it looks like 5GB (or 5,000MB) divided by 7.5MB (average song size) = somewhere between 650 - 700 songs. 650-700 songs x 4 minutes on average = 40-45 hours of music. For some perspective, all radio stations combined in Horizon 2 came out to around 5 hours of music.

1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 12:11:06 PM(UTC)

I guess it depends on what your idea of enough music is for your custom radio station. Let's do a little rough estimating:
Most mp3/m4a songs are between 5-8MB, right? Let's say 7.5MB on average (that might be a bit high, too)
Most songs last 3 1/2 to 5 mins - let's say 4 min on average.

If my math is correct (and remember I'm a game designer, not a programmer), it looks like 5GB (or 5,000MB) divided by 7.5MB (average song size) = somewhere between 650 - 700 songs. 650-700 songs x 4 minutes on average = 40-45 hours of music. For some perspective, all radio stations combined in Horizon 2 came out to around 5 hours of music.

The thing is. Due to my type of music the average song is around 12 minutes. And in general it tend to be around 10-20 min per song. So it fills up fast. Most of the files is around 14-20mb I think (320kbps)

And maybe combined in Horizon got around 5 hours. But they got one song here, one song there. I want to add full albums. So it's easily 100mb+ just there. I know I can always get smaller files etc. But I like to at least keep some quality to the music :)

#113 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:20:44 AM(UTC)
Is it going to be available worldwide now? Because it told me that my region was not supported when I tried using it a while back on my laptop...
#114 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 6:01:38 AM(UTC)
Yes! I'll just listen to Horizon 1 Bass Arena in Horizon 3.
#115 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:40:19 AM(UTC)
Alright so I just tried setting up OneDrive and Groove Music to get some music going on my Xbox One. I don't know if I'm missing something but it does not seem to be working for me.
Uploaded the music to OneDrive, downloaded the Groove Music application (which then didn't work and told me I had to get the 'current' (older) one), opened it and only saw some featured songs and advertising. It does give me the option to get a free trial and a guide on how to use it with OneDrive.
If I activate this trial, will I still be able to use it when FH3 is released? Which also makes me think of this: if we either need to activate a trial or buy a membership, how are we going to be able to stream music from OneDrive through Groove Music? There's no way I'll be paying just to stream music through an app. Or is that a feature included in the new upcoming Groove Music application?
#116 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 3:26:58 AM(UTC)
Just wondering if it's advisable to be sorting the music we want to use in game now rather than waiting until release?

Also has anyone done theirs yet? Is it easy to do? I think I read it's done via one drive, am I right? If so I've never used one drive so hoping its relatively easy.
 1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 3:33:41 AM(UTC)
Yeah it is through one drive, but knowing the various cloud services (dropbox google drive one drive) i think it is gonna be relatively easy to do so i wouldn't worry too much.

As for the sorting, personally i'm gonna wait till about a week or so for release till i'm gonna start sorting.
 1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 4:15:27 AM(UTC)
It's entirely up to you if you want to start sorting things out now or later on. I've already made a playlist myself, which I think would suite the game. On the other hand, the radio stations are unlocked through progression and I might just like one that's in the game already before Groove Music Station is unlocked and just stick to that one.

The OneDrive part is pretty easy. Just upload your music to the music folder (which is already there, so do not create one yourself) and it will all show up in the new Groove Music application on your Xbox. From there, you can also create different playlists.
 2 users liked this post.
#119 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 5:12:00 AM(UTC)
Did it 2 days ago and i agree with the previous messages: the OneDrive part is easy...Although in my case i couldn't upload on OneDrive through the Apps.
Still, doing it by the internet browser work as easily.

The Hard part (if you are like me) will be to select the track you want on your playlist ;)
#120 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 5:16:30 AM(UTC)
I've set a folder aside on my hard drive and I've put a few songs in it, about 15 or 20 at a guess. But that's all I've done, I've haven't looked putting them on OneDrive or creating a playlist yet until there's more songs in there.

Q: Do you need OneDrive activated in Windows, or can I just access it through the interwebs with Groove?
I ask because I disabled my Win10 OneDrive as I had no use for it. I wasn't sure what Win10 uses it for or why it's set up at default and I didn't want anything automatically uploading to it.

EDIT: Poster above pretty much answered my question whilst I typed this one. Cheers.

Edited by user Monday, September 5, 2016 5:17:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#121 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 8:51:52 AM(UTC)
You actually don't have to use OneDrive at all if you have a Groove Music subscription as stated by Ralph Fulton himself during the Gamescom play-through. You will be able to pull playlists from the Groove Music application and play them through the game on the Groove Music Station to whoever has a Groove Music subscription. I purchased the subscription myself a few weeks back, and so far I'm really liking it a lot. The $10 a month is very good for me considering I can get all the music I wish, online or offline at my leisure.

Edited by user Monday, September 5, 2016 8:52:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#122 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 3:45:16 PM(UTC)
I've had groove for about a month or so and in that time sorted out about 12 different playlists with 16-40 songs! :D i'm ready, just hope switching out the playlists in the game is as easy as seems...
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:16:39 PM(UTC)
I heard something about custom playlists using OneDrive and Groove, does anyone know how that will work? Im so happy they added it in so now I don't have to deal with the crappy snap an app or having to partially take off my headphones to listen to music.

[Mod Edit - thread merged. see the FAQ before creating new threads - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:19:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#124 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:24:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KILL3RMEMESTAR1 Go to Quoted Post
I heard something about custom playlists using OneDrive and Groove, does anyone know how that will work? Im so happy they added it in so now I don't have to deal with the crappy snap an app or having to partially take off my headphones to listen to music.

[Mod Edit - thread merged. see the FAQ before creating new threads - MM]

Just read through this thread and you'll find a very elaborate answer to your question.
#125 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 1:16:45 AM(UTC)
Thanks to everyone that replied to me, don't want to multi quote so many people, going to look into the subscription to Groove.

To the people with a subscription is it good? Worth the money? I've seen you can get a 30 day trial but I don't want to activate that until closer to release so I can try it out paired with the game longer than I'd get by starting the trial now.
10 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error