3 Pages123Next
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 6:13:31 PM(UTC)
I was looking into pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition of the game and noticed there doesn't seem to be any word on what "bonus cars" actually means. Are they exclusive cars or are they just free pre-tuned cars to start you off with? If they are actually exclusive, will they be forever?
Rank: Moderator
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 8:36:02 PM(UTC)
See the DLC and Editions thread at the top of the forum:

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Pre-order DLC: Retailer bonus cars



FM.net: Pre-order Announcement

Per the Pre-Order announcement, "Pre-ordering Forza Horizon 3 will give you access to pre-order bonus car which are tied to participating retailers. These cars will be tuned to the top of their class and players will be able to automatically add them to their garage after redeeming the code provided by the retailer. Here’s how the breakdown will work for participating U.S. retailers. Those outside of the U.S. should check with their local participating retailers to see which cars will be available per outlet."

The image of the Hellcat from the announcement shows no special livery on the car. These cars are duplicate versions of models in the regular game roster but treated as separate models due to the upgrades; players can still drive a Hellcat in the game even if they don't buy from Gamestop.

2016 Audi R8 V10 plus
Amazon (US)

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Gamestop (US) with the Ferrari 488

2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
Gamestop (US) with the Challenger Hellcat

2016 Ford Mustang GT350R
Microsoft Store (US)

2016 Jaguar F Type Project 7
Best Buy (US)

2016 Mercedes-Benz C63 S Coupe
Xbox dashboard

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:46:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:40:40 PM(UTC)
I have a very important question that everyone has been wondering. Are the Pre-order cars ONLY playable via Pre-ordering it through that retailer, or do you just get a special livery or tuned version? Because I really want the Hellcat and the Shebly GT350R, but unless I literally buy the game twice will that not be possible? I really hope it's just a specially tuned version or something...

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:47:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Battling for more 50's big-finned,chrome beauties in Forza! Also bring back the '84 Mugen! Removing it from FM6 was lame T10 ;^(
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:56:14 PM(UTC)
I think you only get the bonus cars if you buy it before 27/9/16 on xbox store, am not all that bothered, I'll be per ordering mine a week before that date for the U Edition, just like I've done since Forza 1, no point changing for me now. Not botheted what paint it comes with as I paint my own stuff.

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:57:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added text

Rank: Racing Permit
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:55:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
See the DLC and Editions thread at the top of the forum:

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Pre-order DLC: Retailer bonus cars



FM.net: Pre-order Announcement

Per the Pre-Order announcement, "Pre-ordering Forza Horizon 3 will give you access to pre-order bonus car which are tied to participating retailers. These cars will be tuned to the top of their class and players will be able to automatically add them to their garage after redeeming the code provided by the retailer. Here’s how the breakdown will work for participating U.S. retailers. Those outside of the U.S. should check with their local participating retailers to see which cars will be available per outlet."

The image of the Hellcat from the announcement shows no special livery on the car. These cars are duplicate versions of models in the regular game roster but treated as separate models due to the upgrades; players can still drive a Hellcat in the game even if they don't buy from Gamestop.

2016 Audi R8 V10 plus
Amazon (US)

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Gamestop (US) with the Ferrari 488

2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
Gamestop (US) with the Challenger Hellcat

2016 Ford Mustang GT350R
Microsoft Store (US)

2016 Jaguar F Type Project 7
Best Buy (US)

2016 Mercedes-Benz C63 S Coupe
Xbox dashboard


Does that mean you can only get these cars if you pre-order them from those stores, or does it mean you can only get a free, fully tuned one if you pre-order them?
Battling for more 50's big-finned,chrome beauties in Forza! Also bring back the '84 Mugen! Removing it from FM6 was lame T10 ;^(
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 3:15:55 PM(UTC)
"players can still drive a Hellcat in the game even if they don't buy from Gamestop." The DLC version will be a second Hellcat in the game identified by some "Team Forza" or "Edition" phrasing in its name, as with the others.

Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Don't worry. Preorder cars are tuned versions of cars everyone will have access to :)

Edited by user Friday, June 17, 2016 10:47:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:03:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"players can still drive a Hellcat in the game even if they don't buy from Gamestop." The DLC version will be a second Hellcat in the game identified by some "Team Forza" or "Edition" phrasing in its name, as with the others.


Alright good!
Battling for more 50's big-finned,chrome beauties in Forza! Also bring back the '84 Mugen! Removing it from FM6 was lame T10 ;^(
Rank: Driver's Permit
#8 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 1:22:57 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know a way to purchase it on Xbox live but get the 488? Also is xbox dash something different to the xbox store because I wouldn't mind a tuned c63. Also will anyone post the tunes/upgrades for the exclusives so you can copy them.

Thx

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:17:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#9 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 9:35:34 PM(UTC)
The offical info said pre-order the FH3 from Xbox dashboard get a Mercedes C63 Coupe. I want know from Xbox.com website on PC to Pre-order can be get?

Edited by user Friday, June 17, 2016 9:38:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
#10 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 10:53:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GameArtisan Go to Quoted Post
The offical info said pre-order the FH3 from Xbox dashboard get a Mercedes C63 Coupe. I want know from Xbox.com website on PC to Pre-order can be get?


Its the same thing now
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:53:39 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

has anyone else noticed that the 2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus is the amazon pre-order car, and that the tier 4 loyalty reward is a 2016 Audi V10 Plus (This info can all be found via the homepage. the loyalty reward actually does not say 'R8', it's written as I've included it here). What does this mean? Is it possible that a pre-order car is already in the game, or is one of them a typo, or it the 2016 Audi V10 Plus actually just a different car from the R8? Am I the only one who is confused?

Edit: thanks Mods, I couldn't find where to look!

[Mod Edit - thread merged, see post #2 - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:20:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Series Champion
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 11:53:58 PM(UTC)
For people complaining or worrying about "Exclusive" cars from pre-order, a few days after release loads of codes will be up on ebay for a few pounds/dollars/euros/rupees/bottle caps. So worry ye not, if there's a couple of cars you want pre-order one and wait for the other.
Rank: Racing Legend
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:02:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoupledGem163 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

has anyone else noticed that the 2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus is the amazon pre-order car, and that the tier 4 loyalty reward is a 2016 Audi V10 Plus (This info can all be found via the homepage. the loyalty reward actually does not say 'R8', it's written as I've included it here). What does this mean? Is it possible that a pre-order car is already in the game, or is one of them a typo, or it the 2016 Audi V10 Plus actually just a different car from the R8? Am I the only one who is confused?

Edit: thanks Mods, I couldn't find where to look!

[Mod Edit - thread merged, see post #2 - MM]


All the pre order cars are already in the game
The pre order cars will more than likely just have special paints and tunes

See post 2 as per mod edit
Rank: Driver's Permit
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:51:49 PM(UTC)

I was wonder cause I buy all of my games digitally it says I will get a Mercedes Benz for pre ordering it from Xbox but I really want the hellcat but the only way is buying it from GameStop. So I was wondering is there anyway that I can buy that hellcat when the game comes out or is getting it from GameStop the only way. Thank you
Rank: Series Champion
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:15:10 AM(UTC)
Like I said, just search ebay after release for car codes, they're always on there.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:09:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Like I said, just search ebay after release for car codes, they're always on there.


Top advice Mitchy that's how i'v always picked up the cars I wanted but couldn't get without buying multiple copies
Rank: Series Champion
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:36:42 AM(UTC)
I know, but most people don't even think of it. lol. It's the same with any game, people often just want the game for a quick blast and don't care about bonus content or DLC, so they sell it to recover some money from the cost of the game. I normally give away unused codes, but some people throw them on ebay for a worldwide audience and it's usually small amounts of money. Word of advice people, if you see them listed as "Rare" or "Special" items with high prices, avoid them. It's always a rip off to take suckers for their cash. In the case of Forza pre-order cars i've seen them going for 0.99c/0.99p etc. So don't pay more than a few dollars/pounds unless you REALLY REALLY want that car! lol

Edited by user Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:37:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 3:13:03 PM(UTC)
Are the pre-order cars and the other bonus cars will be available without pre-order the game or playing other Forza games?
Rank: Racing Legend
#19 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 10:07:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRAZYpotato13 Go to Quoted Post
Are the pre-order cars and the other bonus cars will be available without pre-order the game or playing other Forza games?


read post #2 http://forums.forzamotor...clusive.aspx#post_515892

Rank: Moderator
#20 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 10:43:39 AM(UTC)
Gamestop (US) and EB Games (Canada) pre-orders also include a scale model Lamborghini Centenario:

Edited by user Friday, July 15, 2016 11:03:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#21 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 11:52:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Gamestop (US) and EB Games (Canada) pre-orders also include a scale model Lamborghini Centenario:


What a nice scale car, I want one but already pre-ordered ultimate digital.... :-(
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 12:05:55 PM(UTC)
It'd be nice if people not from North America could get these extra things, rather than everything being given out there...
Rank: Racing Permit
#23 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 6:39:59 PM(UTC)
Will I be able to get the scale car if I live in Canada?

Rank: Driver's License
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 9:03:58 AM(UTC)
MS Store Preorder Bonus Ford Mustang not listed on website
I see $10 gift card code listed instead. Will we still be getting the bonus car? Please look into as last time I order from them bonus code was listed on website. They would not send code after Order shipped. Claimed thete was never such code. Had to get MS, this forum and state AG involved. Finally got code month after release.

Are all these codes used up so now no bonus car for preorder? Please advise

Thanks

Edited by user Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:02:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#25 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 6:14:05 PM(UTC)
So I was surfing the web and on the eb games website (Canada) said with the pre order from there store would give me the 2015 challenger hell cat and Ferrari 488 gtb but I thought those pre order bonuses were only from game stop. Need some help here. Are eb games and game stop partnered or something. What's gong on. Anyone have any info, thanks for any help.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error