4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 4:37:36 PM(UTC)
This edition of Rear View Mirror covers:

-The XXX Root-Beer Import Car Meet
-Daytona 500
-Rally America Rally in the 100 Acre Wood
-Ferrari Challenge Sepang
-DLC Clue Thread

and more, more, more

http://www.forzamotorspo...t/en-us/news/rvm_2_24_14

Enjoy my Forza friends!

John

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2014 4:41:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 4:46:54 PM(UTC)
Great read again John. Cant wait to see what clues you have instore for us this time

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna -Support our unicorn saint!!!

RIP Steven Anthony Brieno
AKA "Doodley Squat"
May 1st, 1959 - April 30, 2014
#3 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:00:56 PM(UTC)
You never fail us with the RVMs, John! First off, I was very excited to see Dale Jr. to win the Daytona 500! I was glued to my TV during those moments, but it was a huge disappointment when the rain came down earlier putting the race under that long delay, but you can't always expect the Florida weather to go right and it was still a good race to watch, Dale Sr. would've been proud! I'm looking to forward to this month's DLC clues, maybe there will be some cars that I will really like. Also, Brad looked like he wanted to blow up during the interview! XD

GT: SpeedDemon0388
Unicorn: Saleen S5S Raptor
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:11:51 PM(UTC)
Great read thanks, il check some of the vids out tomorrow.
I seen this about the rained out daytona and it made me smile, i get the need to red light it with the high speed, fast pace and banked corners but still made me smile.

That salvage yard, what a place 3mill is not that much if we all chip in ;)

Ken block does have some crazy car control, and going through a wood a full speed in a car well thats just simple fun.

Bring on the clue thread and the hard challenging and some times a little confusing clues that it entails

also did you know this "It has been a while since we heard rumblings out of the AC/DC camp, but it looks like that’s about to change. In a new interview, singer Brian Johnson divulged the group’s plans for the year, which involve a new album, their first since 2008′s ‘Black Ice"

i can not wait for new and more ac/dc and a new tour, seen them a few years ago and they was fantastic

Edited by user Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:45:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!
#5 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 6:07:49 PM(UTC)
Like i have said before i love nascar. I stayed up to finish watching and was surprised how few wrecks there were compared to years past. I was pulling hard for the mcdonalds chevy of Jamie Mcmurray and didnt even realize that the 42 target chevy is without Juan pablo what happened did chip send him back to F1. I was glad to see nascars most popular drive Dale jr win and i am sure they were to probable make a fortune off the t-shirt sales alone. Again John love the reads unfortunetly i cant upload most of the clips. F4 mugen civic- bmw gtr street version honda nsx gt

Edited by user Friday, February 28, 2014 11:45:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 6:58:46 PM(UTC)
not a fan of Jr whatsoever. Never have been, never will be. Nor one of Gordon's either, I wish anyone else but either of them 2 would of won it..

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#7 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:33:16 PM(UTC)
Awesome RVM again John! I've been waiting 3 months for this past Sunday and it honestly didn't let me down. Once they went green after the rain delay at Daytona, it looked like Daytona racing of the old. 3 wide and at times 10 cars deep most of the rest of the race. It was probably the best Daytona I've watched in years and the finish wasn't disappointing at all. I was shaking and sweating the last 10 laps. I just wanted to see Gordon finally get a good finish since his luck hasn't been great the last few years and that he did. When they lined up for that final restart, I was thinking he might actually get his 4th Daytona 500 win, but I was glad to see Jr. get it as well. Next week should be a great race and can't wait to see the new qualifying format a la F1 style. Can't wait!

GT: SlimyTurt1e
FM5 credits
#8 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 10:25:34 PM(UTC)
Great topic john. It's so cool how people go out of there way rain or shine to go see car shows or even just to go out and race. That is dedication right there and that what everyone needs no matter what the weather is like. I'm going to read more about all these cool events and see if some of there dedication rubs off on me. Thanks again. Gt: a purple hawk unicorn: Saleen raptor
#9 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 11:06:44 PM(UTC)
Thanks it was interesting to read about the Rally and I love watching the amount of finesse Travis Pastrana and Ken Block bring to the table and its a shame that there wasn't as many drivers that brought as much to the sport as these two back in the good old days when rear wheel drive cars were still being used for rally events.

GamerTag: such noob wow

Forza Unicorn Request: Saleen S5S Raptor
#10 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 11:42:40 PM(UTC)
Good read. Never really taken much notice of NASCAR but have watched it this week.

have to say i enjoyed the trucks and the sprint races more.

makes me wonder though if there's going to be a nod towards NASCAR in the DLC...? Will have to wait for the clues i suppose.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:34:41 AM(UTC)
Those dirt roads in the middle of the forest...
It's not fair, I want to have that experience included in FM. u_u

GT: Oscar RD87
FM4 Unicorn: 2002 Mugen Integra Type-R
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:59:55 AM(UTC)
I love all these reports of alternate racing forms. I'm a circuit man myself, But the American experience is something to wonder at.

GT miniw76
FH. Lotus elan sprint
Keep it on the Black stuff.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:44:07 AM(UTC)
Was a really wild daytona this year. The salvage yard find is just incredible. Maybe they should use that in Horizon 2, you just found a salvage yard with 8000 classic cars! LOL!

GT: shade71
FM5 Credits
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:21:17 AM(UTC)
It was nice to hear something from the Nascar, I'm especially not a devoted fan of it but it was a great article. Its more important that I really like the pictures what you made on the Root Beer Import Meet, I have to mention that I really like that black Yaris.

Gt: IVOVIZ86
FM4 Unicorn: Nissan Top Secret Silvia S15
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:33:24 AM(UTC)
Great read!! Good to see Junior got a win, that will make a lot of NASCAR fans happy, but I don't know how many people actually saw the race seeing how they cut away from the delay to show regular shows. I thought it was over, didn't see they were racing it at 11pm until I turned on SportCenter before bed, and then flipped over to see the end of the race.

GT: Grod182
Unicorn (FM4): '93 Nissan Mine's R32
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:54:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shade71 Go to Quoted Post
Was a really wild daytona this year. The salvage yard find is just incredible. Maybe they should use that in Horizon 2, you just found a salvage yard with 8000 classic cars! LOL!

GT: shade71
FM5 Credits

Or the cars that have been wrecked throughout the game would be good. ;).

GT miniw76
FH Lotus elan.

Keep it on the Black stuff.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:26:55 AM(UTC)
Dude..that cello thing is just ridiculously awesome. So crazy. Those Nascar crashes were instense! I always hate watching Nascar cause I get bored and so I kinda want them to crash so I feel bad for wanting a crash XD. Go Ken Block! He is awesome. That field of cars..holy cow...that's A LOT of cars. Probably some awesome rides in there just in need of some love! Yet again another sweet read.

GT: Sparkfire7

Unicorn Request: 2006 Subaru Impreza S204

P.S. Awesome pics btw!
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:43:16 AM(UTC)
Hi,
thanks for the superb RVM. I did love racing in rain.

GT: Gjuergen

Unicorn: FM4: 2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:31:36 AM(UTC)
Excellent Read! Water will forever change the way a track will let a car perform. The pictures were just plain AWESOME! we need more of that please :) Keep it up.

GT : tooshort064
Unicorn FM4 Wish list
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15
2007 Ferrari F430 Scuderia
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale

Edited by user Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:00:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:58:41 AM(UTC)
Love the Subaru video of Travis. Looks like I will have to make plans to head over to Perryville to catch a race. I did not realize they even came to Missouri. Thanks for sharing that link.

I could not imagine what would be hiding in that salvage yard. 8000 cars is an amazing number. It is great to see that someone is "preserving" them rather than just crushing them. The price jump in scrap metal a few years back devastated places like that and really hurt an industry.

GT : Otismotis1
F4 Unicorn : 2004 Honda Mugen Civic Type-R
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:27:06 AM(UTC)
HA! Winnie The Pooh, and Subaru, too.

Great video.
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:44:49 AM(UTC)
Great RVM plenty of racing over the weekend classic NASCAR no health and safety that's real racing!
GT:GT DRIVER JS
FM4 Unicorn Subaru Impreza S204
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:36:19 PM(UTC)
Great post John, The subaru rally video was awesome! That exhaust photo is awesome, enjoyed reading and viewing this weeks review.
Gt: oSkyHigh
FM4: Top Secret Supra 0-300
Fm4: Mines Nissan GTR R34
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:47:59 PM(UTC)
I really enjoyed the video package for the Asia-Pacific Ferrari Challenge in Malaysia. I am a huge Formula One fan and Sepang is one of my favorite circuits on the calendar each year. There is just something about the layout of the circuit - the long back straight into the hairpin into the front/pit straight and then the right into left combo at turn 1 and 2 - combined with the aesthetics of grandstands and those towering awning that just makes this track spectacular, regardless of whether its an open-wheeled F1 car or a one-make series taking to the tarmac. Would love to have a go at that circuit in a 458. The closest I'll probably ever get, however, is in a videogame. Nice to see some F1 tracks like Yas Marina make the cut for Forza 5 - maybe Sepang will make the cut for Forza 6??

GT: Buschyfor3

Unicorn: Saleen S5S Raptor (Forza Horizon)

#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:54:09 PM(UTC)
Awesome RVM this is great for JR!! His. was one of the greats and a big part of my life back in the day. I own so much Dale SR. collectible stuff from sunglasses, die casts, jackets, shirts, and pictures my gaming room and attic are full haha.
Great job.
GT: Earcel
Forza4: Unicorn 1969 Camaro SS
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error