This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:15:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
Everybody should race fair but only a few do.

That's because this series is targeted at the same people who play Need For Speed and Burnout and gives them little reason to enter the game with a different mindset. This is the game promoted from day one with a Monster Energy branded racetruck getting massive air off sand dunes and cars pulling barrel rolls off conveniently placed rocks.

I'm just saying, don't be surprised when people you'd consider as wreckers in Motorsport are the norm in Horizon. Your 'rules' are obviously copy-pasted from the Motorsport forums despite it being a very different game aimed at a very different audience.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:16:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
Yea you just have to know when someones about to wreck, there are signs and you can avoid a crash at times, had to do that many times in FH2. Most of the time they go careering into a wall though xD

#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:13:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Everybody should race fair but only a few do.

That's because this series is targeted at the same people who play Need For Speed and Burnout and gives them little reason to enter the game with a different mindset. This is the game promoted from day one with a Monster Energy branded racetruck getting massive air off sand dunes and cars pulling barrel rolls off conveniently placed rocks.

I'm just saying, don't be surprised when people you'd consider as wreckers in Motorsport are the norm in Horizon. Your 'rules' are obviously copy-pasted from the Motorsport forums despite it being a very different game aimed at a very different audience.

Well I did say I wrote this for Motorsport and copied it over and made changes so yeah it is copied and pasted. Again this isn't about anybody else except those that want to try and be clean and fair. Whats funny about doing flips over rocks and ramping off of sand dunes is that it has nothing to do with punting people or intentionally wrecking them but hey that's none of my business. Horizon drivers can be just as clean as motorsport drivers if they want to be. The problem is nobody gives guidance and since it isn't motorsport they think its ok. The core of this game is racing not wrecking. So I will try and help those that don't understand that. The ones that just don't care are the lost souls that usually get in trouble over the TOS for wrecking and cheating.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:59:44 AM(UTC)
That aint happening OP.

MP public lobby is a jungle.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:53:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RyoTakahashi Go to Quoted Post
That aint happening OP.

MP public lobby is a jungle.

If everybody is stubborn and against change then yes, but if even a small percent read this and actually try to be clean then it will be cleaner then before. Change starts with 1 person
#31 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 10:48:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M4dd Dogg7 Go to Quoted Post
Yea you just have to know when someones about to wreck, there are signs and you can avoid a crash at times, had to do that many times in FH2. Most of the time they go careering into a wall though xD

Its a fun game of cat and mouse. Seeing the speeding bullet in your rearview mirror while you brake and do a fake turn in and they go sailing on past. I have hundreds of 30 second clips recorded of them failing to hit me. Its fun when they miss but its still frustrating that some people do that.
#32 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 11:44:53 AM(UTC)
You just have too learn how to avoid them, with time its more easier. Setup your cars for a quick launch, if you're in the front of the grid when race starts, by the first corner half of them are going to in the back on a wreck. If you start in the back of the grid, be patience and wait there's gonna be a moment when you can past them, usually wreckers doesn't use brake.

I remember this guy on class B that was wrecking me on a circuit race, he had a faster car and I was tired of him hitting my car, so I decided to ***** him, on a corner I hit him, after that he was coming at full speed to hit me, when he tried, I applied full brakes, he passed in front of my out of the track, he rage quit instantly LOL.

Edited by user Monday, July 11, 2016 12:45:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 12:27:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boost3dEVO Go to Quoted Post
You just have too learn how to avoid them, with time its more easier. Setup your cars for a quick launch, if you're in the front of the grid when race starts, by the first corner half of them are going to in the back on a wreck. If you start in the back of the grid, be patience and wait there's gonna be a moment when you can past them, usually wreckers doesn't use brake.

I remember this guy on class B that was wrecking me on a circuit race, he had a faster car and I was tired of him hitting my car, so I decided to **** ed him, on a corner I hit him, after that he was coming at full speed to hit me, when he tried, I applied full brakes, he passed in front of my out of the track, he rage quit instantly LOL.

The good ole' Tom Cruise "Im going to hit the brakes, and he is going to fly on by" Method is by far my favorite. Just a screaming blur past the front of your car and all you see is brake lights of the wrecker while he careens into the wall.
#34 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 1:20:49 PM(UTC)
Firstly, anyone can play a game how they want (they paid good money for it). Secondly these guidelines are never EVER going to affect anything because the ratio of people who read the forums compared to people who play the games is way off. \

Say, 10,000 people read this forum and 1,000,000 buy the game. its like 1:100 ratio.

All in all I'm just saying that all effort gone into this post was for nothing.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:01:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
Firstly, anyone can play a game how they want (they paid good money for it). Secondly these guidelines are never EVER going to affect anything because the ratio of people who read the forums compared to people who play the games is way off. \

Say, 10,000 people read this forum and 1,000,000 buy the game. its like 1:100 ratio.

LIES... it has helped many people and 1 person on here can talk to other racers on the game. You are right that people can play the game however they want but only to a certain point. If its against the TOS there can be repercussions. Like I have been saying if this helps 1 person then this was worth it and by your math its going to help a lot more then just 1 person. Even those that refuse to agree with this because "they bought it and will do what they want" will remember this thread while driving and will either chose to wreck somebody or try to follow the guidelines I set for myself.

There is no reason this cant work but its up to you to make your own guidelines that you race by and hopefully they include, fun/clean racing.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:12:53 AM(UTC)

LIES... it has helped many people and 1 person on here can talk to other racers on the game. You are right that people can play the game however they want but only to a certain point. If its against the TOS there can be repercussions. Like I have been saying if this helps 1 person then this was worth it and by your math its going to help a lot more then just 1 person. Even those that refuse to agree with this because "they bought it and will do what they want" will remember this thread while driving and will either chose to wreck somebody or try to follow the guidelines I set for myself.

There is no reason this cant work but its up to you to make your own guidelines that you race by and hopefully they include, fun/clean racing.

And then there is those who see this. See all the fuss it makes. Contacts their mates. And get them along to mess up other players just for fun. Cause they see all the reactions, and it would just be hilarious to annoy other players. It can go both ways
#37 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:29:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post

And then there is those who see this. See all the fuss it makes. Contacts their mates. And get them along to mess up other players just for fun. Cause they see all the reactions, and it would just be hilarious to annoy other players. It can go both ways

That's against TOS. Wrecking others on purpose can lead to Bans. A simple look on the forums and you will see plenty of people who thought they were just having fun but cant anymore because they aren't allowed to play for an allocated amount of time. Not everybody will play by the rules but for some to complain over my guidelines I set for me is just hilarious. I shared these for others to use if they choose to do so. I for one want everybody to make their own iteration of this with the core principal clean racing but I know not everybody will. Like I said if this helps 1 person then its more then worth it. I will keep doing my part by recording wreckers and sending them to the correct person to be dealt with.

I welcome everybody that wants to wreck me (because they read this) to join my lobby and have fun. I will take my lumps and record the carnage. I will ask them to stop and even offer guidance like I do to all the idiots that think wrecking is acceptable. If it goes nowhere then so be it but at least myself and many others are trying to change the communities mindset.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:53:21 AM(UTC)
Good luck, and may the force be with you.
And above all else we don't ever, ever let them get into cars.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 12:30:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NASidney Go to Quoted Post

Lol... looks like im going to need a lot of luck. The amount of negativity in this Horizon 3 post compared to my Motorsport post is a shame. This is meant to improve your overall experience while racing. By simply making fun/clean racing part of your core rules people give themselves this franchise can return to what it used to be. The best dang racing gaming console. Wrecking should not be enjoyable and it should be frowned upon except in the burnout or GTA series. Nobody enjoys getting piled into the 1st turn and then getting wrecked every lap trying to recover from that. Keep it clean and keep it fast.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:30:12 PM(UTC)

Lol... looks like im going to need a lot of luck. The amount of negativity in this Horizon 3 post compared to my Motorsport post is a shame. This is meant to improve your overall experience while racing. By simply making fun/clean racing part of your core rules people give themselves this franchise can return to what it used to be. The best dang racing gaming console. Wrecking should not be enjoyable and it should be frowned upon except in the burnout or GTA series. Nobody enjoys getting piled into the 1st turn and then getting wrecked every lap trying to recover from that. Keep it clean and keep it fast.

Well said!

Deliberate wrecking is no more welcome in Horizon's online racing than it is in Motorsport. For who think otherwise, fair warning. There are modes for crashing into other players like King, Infected, and the new Flag Rush modes. And if you want to do online races only and not take part in those "Playground Games" modes, you can choose to do so this time in Horizon 3 (and vice-versa).

1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 2:01:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Well said!

Deliberate wrecking is no more welcome in Horizon's online racing than it is in Motorsport. For who think otherwise, fair warning. There are modes for crashing into other players like King, Infected, and the new Flag Rush modes. And if you want to do online races only and not take part in those "Playground Games" modes, you can choose to do so this time in Horizon 3 (and vice-versa).

Does this mean there's some form of lobbies after all??
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:57:01 PM(UTC)
Hey look, I didn't say that I like to wreck people everywhere. I love a fun clean race as much as you clearly do. But, what I am saying is that there is no way that this thread will make a difference in on-line because it won't get the publicity it needs in order to.

What I said before is way off so I'll correct myself:
This thread hasn't even reached 1000 views let alone 10,000 and there is bound to be heaps more people to buy the game than 1,000,000
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:58:56 AM(UTC)
Dude you sound like you are sitting on an insanely high horse. You set your standards of play, anyone that doesn't follow that is an idiot according to you.

You know what? I love the wreckers, especially in Horizon. They keep me on my toes, they make me change my racing lines, my car, my tune, and a time or 2 even my paint job. I love the dirty bumper to bumper grinding feeling in Horizon, the occasional person taking it too far and spinning someone out. I love when someone dive bombs the turn and possibly gets spun out because of it. I love never knowing what is gonna happen when I go online and I just adjust my racing style accordingly.

Enjoy your little princess racing no contact crying into the headset mode, if that is what makes you happy at the end of the day. I will enjoy my tooth and nail fight for victory, because I don't mind getting dirty.

Edit: And you make it sound like every race every time every day has wreckers in it, that is just stupid. I usually come across a wrecker or 2 a night, they get taken out or someone throws up a warning about them in the lobby and we all race like normal. I would say anywhere from 60-75% of my races in FMS6 and Horizon 2 have been good clean racing. Again, you are probably crying into the headset, encouraging them to continue wrecking you and giving them absolutely zero reason to find something better to do.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:04:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:37:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Potato Sacked Go to Quoted Post
Dude you sound like you are sitting on an insanely high horse. You set your standards of play, anyone that doesn't follow that is an idiot according to you.

You know what? I love the wreckers, especially in Horizon. They keep me on my toes, they make me change my racing lines, my car, my tune, and a time or 2 even my paint job. I love the dirty bumper to bumper grinding feeling in Horizon, the occasional person taking it too far and spinning someone out. I love when someone dive bombs the turn and possibly gets spun out because of it. I love never knowing what is gonna happen when I go online and I just adjust my racing style accordingly.

Enjoy your little princess racing no contact crying into the headset mode, if that is what makes you happy at the end of the day. I will enjoy my tooth and nail fight for victory, because I don't mind getting dirty.

Edit: And you make it sound like every race every time every day has wreckers in it, that is just stupid. I usually come across a wrecker or 2 a night, they get taken out or someone throws up a warning about them in the lobby and we all race like normal. I would say anywhere from 60-75% of my races in FMS6 and Horizon 2 have been good clean racing. Again, you are probably crying into the headset, encouraging them to continue wrecking you and giving them absolutely zero reason to find something better to do.

LOL... you literally made me laugh this whole time. Let me say it slower for you this time. Wrecking is against TOS and this is MY rules of engagement I set for MYSELF. This is a simple insight into how I make my racing experience the best possible. Rubbing while racing is completely acceptable if you can do it without destroying the other car. If you have those skills to race like that then please join my lobby and we can have a bunch of awesome races. Every race is completely different but there is no room for wreckers in lobbies. They need to be dealt with like they have been over the past year with ban after ban being sent out. I enjoy the occasional fly by wrecker just because its funny to see them fail but when it becomes a problem we need to address not just call it the norm. The problem will never go away and I get that but the more people that know clean racing is promoted and dirty racing is against the TOS (and can be punishable with a ban) then maybe we can start to clean up lobbies.

Lets look at your 60%-75% races of clean races for yourself.
1st. that's not a very good percentage (that's a failing grade in most schools or a D).
2nd. There are other racers on the track. You may not be dealing with a wrecker but chances are there is one either in front of or behind you making life miserable for others.
I don't have many issues of wreckers any more except when I lap them because I can get away from them 1/4 into the race. That doesn't mean that its a clean race just because I had a clean race.
3rd. Getting punted off the track between 25%-40% of the time (going by your statistics again) on the first corner or when you pass somebody clean is a shame.

If by princess racing you mean not wanting to get punted off the track well then I will enjoy that type of racing. Nothing wrong with rubbing and bumping if you can do correctly. Punting people off the track is unacceptable.

So many negative posts on a thread that promotes clean driving. :(
#45 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:03:52 PM(UTC)

LOL... you literally made me laugh this whole time. Let me say it slower for you this time. Wrecking is against TOS and this is MY rules of engagement I set for MYSELF. This is a simple insight into how I make my racing experience the best possible. Rubbing while racing is completely acceptable if you can do it without destroying the other car. If you have those skills to race like that then please join my lobby and we can have a bunch of awesome races. Every race is completely different but there is no room for wreckers in lobbies. They need to be dealt with like they have been over the past year with ban after ban being sent out. I enjoy the occasional fly by wrecker just because its funny to see them fail but when it becomes a problem we need to address not just call it the norm. The problem will never go away and I get that but the more people that know clean racing is promoted and dirty racing is against the TOS (and can be punishable with a ban) then maybe we can start to clean up lobbies.

1st. that's not a very good percentage (that's a failing grade in most schools or a D).
2nd. There are other racers on the track. You may not be dealing with a wrecker but chances are there is one either in front of or behind you making life miserable for others.
I don't have many issues of wreckers any more except when I lap them because I can get away from them 1/4 into the race. That doesn't mean that its a clean race just because I had a clean race.
3rd. Getting punted off the track between 25%-40% of the time (going by your statistics again) on the first corner or when you pass somebody clean is a shame.

If by princess racing you mean not wanting to get punted off the track well then I will enjoy that type of racing. Nothing wrong with rubbing and bumping if you can do correctly. Punting people off the track is unacceptable.

All I see is you crying, confirming exactly what I said. So what, you get punted off a race every once in a while... You act like that is the norm and it absolutely is not. Your English is so bad I won't even consider replying to your refute to my claims right now. Clean up your English and your tears please.

Edit: I want to visit the lobbies you play in because I just logged off and I had 3 races in 3 different lobbies with no wrecks tonight. I played last night, had 1 wrecker that disappeared after a race and a half when nobody even acknowledged him. I really think your tears make you a prime target.

I would definitely suggest crying less and try not to tell people about the ToS and YOUR rules... Just race and stop being a big grown man-baby.

Edit 2: I just can't help myself. A D (60-69%) is not a failing grade in America in most schools., it is a D (which is a passing grade in non major classes in university) lol. Andddd 70-75% is not a D, it is a C. Maybe you are thinking of the rural high school you went to?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:20:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:36:09 PM(UTC)
Here's the thing though. Even though both games have "Forza" in the title, they are completely different animals. The Forza Motorsport series is all about replicating professional track racing, so having a long list of racing etiquette and enforcing clean driving makes sense.

Forza Horizon, however, is a casual arcadey kind of racer. So I think that having excessive detailed commandments is overkill for this kind of game. The trailers promote a frantic silly atmosphere with cars smashing into things, so I think that there should be more leeway when it comes to "cars hitting cars like in the movies". And since people are going to be watching those trailers, of course they're going to throw "proper racing" out the window. Furthermore, who knows what the physics would be? I can recall many times where a hit that would have sent me flying off the track in FM6 didn't even faze my car in FH2.

Edit: Also, I don't recall anyone getting banned for wrecking in FH2. Though if you do find a link (such as an "I've been banned" thread), fill free to correct me.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:38:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:44:04 PM(UTC)
There are gonna be wreckers in H3. There is nothing you can say or do that will stop them. This is an arcade racer that will be filled with all age groups. Join a clean club, that is you best defense and the best way to race with people of a similar mindset. You get enough people and your club will fill up the lobby and you will not have to worry about it.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:47:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:36:33 PM(UTC)

All I see is you crying, confirming exactly what I said. So what, you get punted off a race every once in a while... You act like that is the norm and it absolutely is not. Your English is so bad I won't even consider replying to your refute to my claims right now. Clean up your English and your tears please.

Edit: I want to visit the lobbies you play in because I just logged off and I had 3 races in 3 different lobbies with no wrecks tonight. I played last night, had 1 wrecker that disappeared after a race and a half when nobody even acknowledged him. I really think your tears make you a prime target.

I would definitely suggest crying less and try not to tell people about the ToS and YOUR rules... Just race and stop being a big grown man-baby.

Edit 2: I just can't help myself. A D (60-69%) is not a failing grade in America in most schools., it is a D (which is a passing grade in non major classes in university) lol. Andddd 70-75% is not a D, it is a C. Maybe you are thinking of the rural high school you went to?

Hey look at that I was wrong with the percentile of passing and failing. Congrats on using google to actually look that up. My English is just fine I just don't care about punctuations or proper sentences on a forza forum. My words get my point across just fine. If MY rules that I go by are so outlandish how did they get stickied so fast on the forza 6 general discussion page, how come they got so much praise over there but on this Horizon page its the devil.

Why are you still here if this doesn't affect you at all. Punters and wreckers are everywhere and a few of us have gone out of our way to clean up lobbies for people like you to enjoy them. You're welcome for that by the way. I may be on forza 6 tonight racing in what few cars I have in A class (my game reset back to day one) and if your on you can join my lobby if you please.

You can suggest all you want, but, me writing my rules and sharing them for others is completely acceptable. Like I keep saying they are mine and you are free to do what you want with them. It sounds like you race by your own set of clean rules and im proud of that. Some people have no rules because they don't know any better or they chose not to have them.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:25:39 PM(UTC)
As I've said above, the reason why this thread gets so much negativity here is that Forza Horizon is a casual arcadey kind of racer. It is not like the main Forza Motorsport games. If you have a mental checklist in your head every time you race, that is fine. But trying to impose a long list of how people should drive and tons and tons of racing school is just too excessive for this kind of game.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:26:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:30:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
As I've said above, the reason why this thread gets so much negativity here is that Forza Horizon is a casual arcadey kind of racer. It is not like the main Forza Motorsport games. If you have a mental checklist in your head every time you race, that is fine. But trying to impose a long list of how people should drive and tons and tons of racing school is just too excessive for this kind of game.

The list is quite short on how to have a positive racing experience. I know horizon is a different game from motorsport but it still has the same basic principals. Race as fast as you can to the finish line without ruining others race on purpose. I have never once attempted to impose my rules I set for myself in the thread. This is supposed to be a thread for racers that want to know how to race clean or improve on their racing skills.

The whole this is horizon and not motorsport is a silly argument to have. Everyone of us want to be able to enjoy the game. No matter how you look at it horizon is a racing game and everybody should be able to race without always having to watch out for wreckers. My motorsport thread has opened up the eyes to thousands of racers on proper racing/racing etiquette and in time so will this one.

No reason for anybody to get upset at this thread since I'm simply promoting clean and fair racing. I want this game to be the best horizon yet. The community has alot to do with how good it could possibly be.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error