This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
Rank: Forza Staff
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 4:28:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrTUN3R Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
Seems about as unnecessary as it gets tbh. This kind of stuff is what ruined Test Drive Unlimited 2, they focused so much on avatard stuff they forgot about the cars and the driving...
MrTuner I don't think playground would do that to a Forza game.


Hope not. I think another reason TDU2 turned out to be such a disaster was the fact that most of the key people who worked on the first TDU (and the old NFS games, the ones that didn't suck, pre-Underground) left the team, and if I'm not mistaking they work at Turn 10 now. Meanwhile the rest made the disaster that is The Crew, which strengthens my theory.


You are sorely mistaken. Have a nice day.
Rank: Racing Legend
 3 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 8:27:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrTUN3R Go to Quoted Post
Seems about as unnecessary as it gets tbh. This kind of stuff is what ruined Test Drive Unlimited 2, they focused so much on avatard stuff they forgot about the cars and the driving...


I think the exact opposite.

The avatar stuff is what made TDU fun. The bugs ruined the game. The driving was good enough for that type of game.

Each to their own.
I blame the ants.
Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:26:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrTUN3R Go to Quoted Post
Seems about as unnecessary as it gets tbh. This kind of stuff is what ruined Test Drive Unlimited 2, they focused so much on avatard stuff they forgot about the cars and the driving...


You seem to be a little out of touch with todays gaming audience, as most of us are not brown-haired white men, and would like to be represented too. Even if I were a generic looking video-game character, surely we're all tired of every lead role being this :






Thank you Turn 10 for recognizing your audience.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:14:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

You seem to be a little out of touch with todays gaming audience, as most of us are not brown-haired white men, and would like to be represented too. Even if I were a generic looking video-game character, surely we're all tired of every lead role being this...

Thank you Turn 10 for recognizing your audience.


:,) too good.
Rank: Forza Staff
 9 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:01:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

You seem to be a little out of touch with todays gaming audience, as most of us are not brown-haired white men, and would like to be represented too. Even if I were a generic looking video-game character, surely we're all tired of every lead role being this...

Thank you Turn 10 for recognizing your audience.


:,) too good.


We and Playground looked into deeper character customization, and also conducted surveys to find out how important people thought it would be in a driving game. Turns out tinkering with how their driver character looks was not important to most. However being able to select gender and ethnicity was very important. It's also a massive investment to make current gen character customization - we felt that was better spent on new car customization options (body kits for example), Auction House, Storefront, Co-Op and a bunch of other things more critical to the experience.

But we definitely wanted to make sure players had some agency in deciding which driver character would represent them in the game (which you can change at any time if you want), so there's a range of driver characters to choose from that we hope players appreciate.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:24:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

You seem to be a little out of touch with todays gaming audience, as most of us are not brown-haired white men, and would like to be represented too. Even if I were a generic looking video-game character, surely we're all tired of every lead role being this...

Thank you Turn 10 for recognizing your audience.


:,) too good.


We and Playground looked into deeper character customization, and also conducted surveys to find out how important people thought it would be in a driving game. Turns out tinkering with how their driver character looks was not important to most. However being able to select gender and ethnicity was very important. It's also a massive investment to make current gen character customization - we felt that was better spent on new car customization options (body kits for example), Auction House, Storefront, Co-Op and a bunch of other things more critical to the experience.

But we definitely wanted to make sure players had some agency in deciding which driver character would represent them in the game (which you can change at any time if you want), so there's a range of driver characters to choose from that we hope players appreciate.


Any character customization is highly appreciated. It helps immerse me into the game even more, thus making it more fun. I love the idea of seeing someone that somewhat resembles me. Thanks Turn 10 and Playground for doing this. Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:21:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Red R0tor Go to Quoted Post
Any character customization is highly appreciated. It helps immerse me into the game even more, thus making it more fun. I love the idea of seeing someone that somewhat resembles me. Thanks Turn 10 and Playground for doing this. Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.


I couldn't agree more.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:49:23 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know if there will be character reveals like the car reveals?
Rank: Racing Permit
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:35:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if there will be character reveals like the car reveals?


Considering that it's only 14 different characters I doubt it
Rank: On the Podium
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:44:04 AM(UTC)
I think every character in every game should just be a panda bear. They're black, white, asian, vegetarian, cute, clever, don't do naughty cuddles in front of children, or at all in fact. They tick all the boxes! lol
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:07:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
I think every character in every game should just be a panda bear. They're black, white, asian, vegetarian, cute, clever, don't do naughty cuddles in front of children, or at all in fact. They tick all the boxes! lol



Love it Mitchy, great response mate. And yes, they are even very cute.

Sometimes it's hard to take some posts seriously.

It's a game after all. And if we're given the opportunity to make several choices as to the ethnentisity of our Drivatars, then that's great.

But let's not get carried away like some posts are.

It's nice that the developers are giving us some choices, be happy with that. You didn't have it before. And in all honesty, you can't expect them to give you every conceivable choice.

Sometimes I think some gamers don't understand the huge amount of work thet goes into producing a game.

We get the choice of 14 characters, that's great. I'd rather they spend their resources on recreating more cars, scanning roads, making more realistic responses etc etc.

Where would you want resources spent if you had the choice of having nice looking ppl, or better cars and roads....?


OZ.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:12:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:43:21 AM(UTC)
I agree OZ,
Tiger woods golf left you basically create your player but I would rather have Turn 10 give us more car features or other things rather than a driver that yo never see unless you watch a replay. When I am racing the last thing I am looking at is the other drivers, now their cars ...yes, the drivers ... Not so much
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:00:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
I agree OZ,
Tiger woods golf left you basically create your player but I would rather have Turn 10 give us more car features or other things rather than a driver that yo never see unless you watch a replay. When I am racing the last thing I am looking at is the other drivers, now their cars ...yes, the drivers ... Not so much



Very true, and I know which one I'd always pick, hands down.

The ability to say fine tune each corner of your car in Forza Zmotorsports 7 or give us the ability to actually be given the ability to paint the windscreen visor strips, the rear side windows and the headlight glass covers but only with opaque tones, not solids.

That's just some of the alternatives I'd want rather than having to create a Drivatar that ultimately wouldn't represent me in the first place. As almost everyone creates a avatar as an alto ego, not a true representation of themselves.

So having choices over game content always wins over avatar creation anytime.

OZ
Rank: On the Podium
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:41:20 AM(UTC)
In GTA online you can build your character because it makes sense. It's the thing you see mid-screen all the time. But in a game like Forza, the car is mid-screen all the time, so it makes sense to concentrate on those.
How often will you even see the avatars? I doubt it'll be very often. It's good that people now have a choice. I personally think 14 is a bit much, but it's done now and people should be happy. I'll be happy about the Storefront and Auction House coming back. Each to their own and all that. I just can't help thinking if you're worried about how your driver looks, you're playing this game for the wrong reasons. Cars are their to be admired, the scenery is there to explore, the festival is yours to run, your friends are you loyal team mates, and you can paint, tune, upgrade, race and enjoy the music! None of that requires an avatar at all to be honest. So for those who want their avatars, enjoy them, but don't forget to enjoy the actual game too! lol
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:18:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
In GTA online you can build your character because it makes sense. It's the thing you see mid-screen all the time. But in a game like Forza, the car is mid-screen all the time, so it makes sense to concentrate on those.
How often will you even see the avatars? I doubt it'll be very often. It's good that people now have a choice. I personally think 14 is a bit much, but it's done now and people should be happy. I'll be happy about the Storefront and Auction House coming back. Each to their own and all that. I just can't help thinking if you're worried about how your driver looks, you're playing this game for the wrong reasons. Cars are their to be admired, the scenery is there to explore, the festival is yours to run, your friends are you loyal team mates, and you can paint, tune, upgrade, race and enjoy the music! None of that requires an avatar at all to be honest. So for those who want their avatars, enjoy them, but don't forget to enjoy the actual game too! lol


Totally agree Mitchy,,well said.

Far too many gamers want things that really belong in their socisl media apps. In a racing game where you really only see an avatar occasionally, then that's not the major focus.

The car SMS terrain is the other main focus. Do spending recourses on those two main areas is the way to go.

Having 14 different Drivatars is plenty, and if some gamers are unhappy with that, then as you've mentioned, they are more focused on the 'Hey look at me' thing then bring stability the top of the racing ladder.

Perhaps this will become something that is incorporated into Forza Motorsports, but in thet game, the focus should only be on say the ability to select a permanent helmet design that you can create, or select from a series of helmets and glove combinations.

That way painters could create their own racing helmet designs, or even create done and sell them online via the Storefront for game credits. That would help both painters, those that can't paint, and of course, the developer. As it extends the diversity of the game across the board.

OZ

Rank: On the Podium
#41 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:06:32 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I think motorsport did it the right way for their game. Male/female job done. You can't see any skin for colour or race to be an issue due to gloves and helmet.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#42 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:20:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I think motorsport did it the right way for their game. Male/female job done. You can't see any skin for colour or race to be an issue due to gloves and helmet.


Very true. However, in Horizon, you do see the drivers when changing cars at Buvket List events or challenges, or when photography the car as they always have a driver in it naturally, without a helmet.

As Horizon is a Road a Racing game after all and being that,my lull be able to see the driver easier. While in Zmotorsports, helmets are mandatory.

OZ

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 3:45:11 AM(UTC)
IK you spend most of your time looking at the car not the driver so thats why it's not in depth customisation its just, pick from set 14.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:23:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
IK you spend most of your time looking at the car not the driver so thats why it's not in depth customisation its just, pick from set 14.



So, are you saying that character customisation should take precedence over car customisation or driving immersion?


Not quite sure there.....

OZ
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:55:34 PM(UTC)
No, driving is definitely priority 1.

(I can't even remember what I was trying to say before, I was so tired.)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:14:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
No, driving is definitely priority 1.

(I can't even remember what I was trying to say before, I was so tired.)


Hehehehe, yep, totally understand as I've done that heaps of times, then seen it the next day and go, ooooppssyy... Lol

But yes, driving in a driving -racing game would be the primary objective....

OZ

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#47 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:51:21 PM(UTC)
Or it be like FM6. And let you pick the gender of the character.
Rank: Racing Permit
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:20:02 PM(UTC)
U pick
Rank: Racing Permit
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:22:53 PM(UTC)
There will be 7 different drivers for each gender.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#50 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:10:40 PM(UTC)
In this video a girl is driving the car. When the player switches to cockpit view you can see rings on the girl's fingers and jewelry on her arms.

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error