This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:58:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
For career co-op yes

For all online modes - not just co-op.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:58:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
For career co-op yes

At the e3 presentation Ralph said "campaign co-op", i didnt know it was for everything. If it includes online competitive multiplayer, hows that gonna work if the pc versions running at 60+ fps against the xbox ones 30fps? That'd be quite the advantage, thats why the whole campaign thing made sense to me.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:12:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:04:53 AM(UTC)
Maybe the PC is capped at 30FPS online or the XOne is 60FPS in multiplayer only? It's 12 racers i think for online so less than Forza 6 by half, maybe that's to allow 60FPS for everyone?
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:48:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the PC is capped at 30FPS online or the XOne is 60FPS in multiplayer only? It's 12 racers i think for online so less than Forza 6 by half, maybe that's to allow 60FPS for everyone?

Why the hell would the PC version even be capped at 60, let alone 30?
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:00:30 AM(UTC)
It doesn't matter if there is a FPS difference between the Xbone and PC Version. There enough games out on the Computer where the players can have different FPS depending on there PCs abilities and they have no issues playing togtether...
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:39:23 AM(UTC)
I was just positing a possible idea that may have been considered. I was merely responding with a possible solution to a question posited about fairness between platforms. Also there are many reasons to cap frame rates. Also your tone is less than friendly...
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:44:24 AM(UTC)
Sry, I really did sound angry. That was unintended!
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:13:22 AM(UTC)
Pc was said to have an unlocked framerate at 1080p. Yes there are games where people have varying framerates, but theres a big difference when your talking about 30-60fps compared to 60-75. This is why i originally posted horizon only having campaign co-op. Theres a reason why cross play hasnt been implemented in the past and performance disparity is a big part of it. I could see them locking the framerate for the pc at 30fps for multiplayer with xbox one, theres no way it'll be 60fps on xbox one. Whatever, we'll see what happens the game looks sick im getting no matter what and will surely play it on both pc and the one.

Edited by user Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:16:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:40:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MRCLKBLACK Go to Quoted Post
Sry, I really did sound angry. That was unintended!

NO worries, it's hard to tell sometimes how you've come across, and I always point it out as 9 times out of 10 it wan't intended just badly worded or something. When it is intended I leave those conversations and their vitriol in the rear view for the most part. lol
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:57:31 AM(UTC)
Will i need to get xbox live gold to play multiplayer with my friends on xbox. I have PC
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:52:48 PM(UTC)
For the Xbox Play Anywhere program as a whole, cross-platform play hasn't been confirmed for any online modes except coop. It would make sense for them to allow it for FH3 over an FPS like GoW or Halo, but they haven't said anything definitive yet.

I don't think the potential FPS disparity would be the reason for blocking competitive cross-platform play in this particular game. Xbox Live Gold would be a more likely reason for blocking PC and Console players from playing together imo. Pooling some people who are paying a yearly fee for online play with others who don't have to pay a fee could be an issue.
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:14:50 PM(UTC)
For career co-op yes

Originally Posted by: Nafon Go to Quoted Post
For the Xbox Play Anywhere program as a whole, cross-platform play hasn't been confirmed for any online modes except coop. It would make sense for them to allow it for FH3 over an FPS like GoW or Halo, but they haven't said anything definitive yet.

I don't think the potential FPS disparity would be the reason for blocking competitive cross-platform play in this particular game. Xbox Live Gold would be a more likely reason for blocking PC and Console players from playing together imo. Pooling some people who are paying a yearly fee for online play with others who don't have to pay a fee could be an issue.

Jonk is a turn 10 employee
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:12:42 PM(UTC)
For career co-op yes

Jonk is a turn 10 employee

Cross Play in Horizon 3 covers all online modes, co-op, competitive, and "playground" modes like King, Infected, and the new Flag Rush modes.

#39 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:53:43 PM(UTC)

Cross Play in Horizon 3 covers all online modes, co-op, competitive, and "playground" modes like King, Infected, and the new Flag Rush modes.

Sorry, didn't read close enough. This is great to hear! Can you share specifics about what will and will not work without a Gold subscription on PC?
#40 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 11:40:49 AM(UTC)

Sorry, didn't read close enough. This is great to hear! Can you share specifics about what will and will not work without a Gold subscription on PC?

Again, all online modes, auction house, clubs, etc. will work on PC just as they do on Xbox One. You don't need a Gold subscription to play any of the online modes on a PC.

If for whatever reason you don't want to play online with PC players, or with Xbox One players, you will have the option to filter matchmaking by platform, but of course we encourage everyone to have fun with the game with as many players as possible in Horizon 3 via Cross Play.
#41 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 11:46:33 AM(UTC)

Again, all online modes, auction house, clubs, etc. will work on PC just as they do on Xbox One. You don't need a Gold subscription to play any of the online modes on a PC.

If for whatever reason you don't want to play online with PC players, or with Xbox One players, you will have the option to filter matchmaking by platform, but of course we encourage everyone to have fun with the game with as many players as possible in Horizon 3 via Cross Play.

Can you comment on lobby sizes for freeroam and races?

#42 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 3:43:22 PM(UTC)
So I haven't seen any real official clarification on whether or not PC only players will have to have a XBOX Live membership to play. So the question is, will PC players have to have an XBOX Live subscription to play online. I'm not trying to be negative here, but if Microsoft does make the PC guys have to have a Live membership, MS might as well hang up their hat and go back home. Their hopes and dreams of capturing the PC market is gone. I'm REEEALLY hoping they don't, as I've been looking forward to FORZA on PC for years now!! So can we get some sort of official confirmation on this as I would think this would be a major piece of information you guys are holding out on.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Friday, June 24, 2016 4:03:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CPU - Intel Core i7‑4770K 3.4GHz
GPU - Asus Strix R9 380x 4GB OC
RAM - Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 4:02:28 PM(UTC)

#44 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 1:03:10 PM(UTC)
hopefully someone can clear this up i would love to play forza on pc i used to play it all the time on xbox years ago and have been waiting for it to come to pc. but i will not be getting forza if it requires gold membership on pc i will get it if it doesn't require it someone please clarify.
 4 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 1:49:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fast Bike94 Go to Quoted Post
hopefully someone can clear this up i would love to play forza on pc i used to play it all the time on xbox years ago and have been waiting for it to come to pc. but i will not be getting forza if it requires gold membership on pc i will get it if it doesn't require it someone please clarify.

This has been answered clearly and repeatedly, but I'll answer it again. No, you do not have to have a Gold subscription to play online over Xbox Live on a PC.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:27:36 AM(UTC)
To access to multiplayer, will all PC players have to purchase a gold xbox live account like one the xbox one? I'm assuming the answer is yes if there is cross platform gameplay, plus I wouldn't mind because the live servers are pretty good.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:05:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:11:43 AM(UTC)
Check this thread pretty sure the answer to your question is there. . . .

http://forums.forzamotor...indows10.aspx#post520425

From the thread;

Originally Posted by: Fast Bike94 Go to Quoted Post

This has been answered clearly and repeatedly, but I'll answer it again. No, you do not have to have a Gold subscription to play online over Xbox Live on a PC.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:13:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 11:56:21 AM(UTC)
If I have a PC and an Xbox One signed in on the same account with Forza Horizon 3 installed on both, will I be able to play on both at the same time against each other, I presume not but this would be very useful.
#49 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 12:50:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FifthTechnik Go to Quoted Post
If I have a PC and an Xbox One signed in on the same account with Forza Horizon 3 installed on both, will I be able to play on both at the same time against each other, I presume not but this would be very useful.

Useful how exactly?

✔ Verified Moderator

#50 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 12:01:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FifthTechnik Go to Quoted Post

Useful how exactly?

So that I can play with people at my house without having to purchase another copy of the game.

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error