10 Pages12345>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:25:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
I thought we were getting the whole being able to play music in the background thing with an update. I guess thats not happening anymore if this is being implemented in this particular way.


That's just for the Xbox One in general. From then on you'll be able to play background music without having to snap the mediaplayer. Ofcourse, with Forza introducing Groove Music Station, you don't necessarily need this feature since you can just stream it through OneDrive.


I dont use onedrive for music so this really isnt an option for me. I also kind of have a feeling that this is what the unsnapped background music update will be, only being able to play from onedrive and that music subscription kinda like what ps4 does with spotify. Background music was one of the only things i wanted as an update to the one, kinda dissapointed.


I'm not sure if you know, but OneDrive is just a cloud storage service. You'll just have to put your music on there and that's it. I currently don't use it either, but uploading some songs for 5 seconds won't do me harm.
You're disappointed without even knowing what the update will do. Maybe streaming it from OneDrive will be an option as well, which I think is great as it saves the trouble AND storage room on the Xbox One itself. But you will definitely also be able to just plug in an USB and listen to songs that are on there.


I know what onedrive is, i have stuff in it already and they just lowered the amount of free storage from 15 to 5 so i already have to delete stuff as im at about 7gb. My dissapointment comes from the fact that this system is a way to technically stream music in the background. Knowing how things play out this will be available because of the xbox one update and if the only ways to stream music in the background for this game are to either use onedrive or have a subscription to their music service, they didnt say anything about usb drives, i can come to a reasonable conclusion that this is how background music will be implemented on the xbox one in general. As I said ps4 did the same with only allowing spotify to stream in the background. So yes i am disappointed if this is the case, id rather be able to stream from my phone,pc,pandora, or anything for that matter. Its not a big deal ill just do what i have been doing anyway without the feature, but it wouldve been nice.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:35:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Forza Staff
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:31:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post


I know what onedrive is, i have stuff in it already and they just lowered the amount of free storage from 15 to 5 so i already have to delete stuff as im at about 7gb. My dissapointment comes from the fact that this system is a way to technically stream music in the background. Knowing how things play out this will be available because of the xbox one update and if the only ways to stream music in the background for this game are to either use onedrive or have a subscription to their music service, i can come to a reasonable conclusion that this is how background music will be implemented on the xbox one in general. As I said ps4 did the same with only allowing spotify to stream in the background. So yes i am disappointed if this is the case, id rather be able to stream from my phone,pc, or pandora. Its not a big deal ill just do what i have been doing anyway without the feature, but it wouldve been nice.


The Groove Music station in Forza Horizon 3 is not "background" music as you describe. The music will obey all the same rules the other radio stations do in the game (volume ducking during voice overs, for example, or cutting out in tunnels, blaring over loudspeakers in the festival sites, etc.) and can be controlled with the game audio options.

Background music, on the other hand, is just that - background. It has no idea about the game being played, and is not integrated with game audio experience in any way.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#53 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:25:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post


I know what onedrive is, i have stuff in it already and they just lowered the amount of free storage from 15 to 5 so i already have to delete stuff as im at about 7gb. My dissapointment comes from the fact that this system is a way to technically stream music in the background. Knowing how things play out this will be available because of the xbox one update and if the only ways to stream music in the background for this game are to either use onedrive or have a subscription to their music service, i can come to a reasonable conclusion that this is how background music will be implemented on the xbox one in general. As I said ps4 did the same with only allowing spotify to stream in the background. So yes i am disappointed if this is the case, id rather be able to stream from my phone,pc, or pandora. Its not a big deal ill just do what i have been doing anyway without the feature, but it wouldve been nice.


The Groove Music station in Forza Horizon 3 is not "background" music as you describe. The music will obey all the same rules the other radio stations do in the game (volume ducking during voice overs, for example, or cutting out in tunnels, blaring over loudspeakers in the festival sites, etc.) and can be controlled with the game audio options.

Background music, on the other hand, is just that - background. It has no idea about the game being played, and is not integrated with game audio experience in any way.


Back in the days the Xbox 360 media player 'adapted' as well though. Not as much as Groove Music Station will do in Forza Horizon 3, ofcourse, but it blended the music with sound effects from within the game, only muting the soundtracks I believe. I hope they've done it the same way this time around.
im2fast4u711: I think you actually will be able to use an USB stick. That's already possible, so why would they cut it?

Rank: Racing Permit
#54 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 11:56:35 AM(UTC)
JONK1969, on Groove Music radio, will the name of the song and the artist appear under the name of the radio station? Like Outasight's "The Wild Life" under Horizon Block Party and The Knocks' "Tied To You" under Horizon Pulse?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#55 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:20:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post


I know what onedrive is, i have stuff in it already and they just lowered the amount of free storage from 15 to 5 so i already have to delete stuff as im at about 7gb. My dissapointment comes from the fact that this system is a way to technically stream music in the background. Knowing how things play out this will be available because of the xbox one update and if the only ways to stream music in the background for this game are to either use onedrive or have a subscription to their music service, i can come to a reasonable conclusion that this is how background music will be implemented on the xbox one in general. As I said ps4 did the same with only allowing spotify to stream in the background. So yes i am disappointed if this is the case, id rather be able to stream from my phone,pc, or pandora. Its not a big deal ill just do what i have been doing anyway without the feature, but it wouldve been nice.


The Groove Music station in Forza Horizon 3 is not "background" music as you describe. The music will obey all the same rules the other radio stations do in the game (volume ducking during voice overs, for example, or cutting out in tunnels, blaring over loudspeakers in the festival sites, etc.) and can be controlled with the game audio options.

Background music, on the other hand, is just that - background. It has no idea about the game being played, and is not integrated with game audio experience in any way.


Back in the days the Xbox 360 media player 'adapted' as well though. Not as much as Groove Music Station will do in Forza Horizon 3, ofcourse, but it blended the music with sound effects from within the game, only muting the soundtracks I believe. I hope they've done it the same way this time around.
im2fast4u711: I think you actually will be able to use an USB stick. That's already possible, so why would they cut it?



Jonk: That sounds cool, but Im probably not going to be able to use it. I liked the music from the other horizons so im sure those will be fine for me. I usually shut music off when im racing, only listening when im messing around.

Steve: yea the old way did its job fine for me, hopefully we get something similiar as well as pandora being available in the background as well. I like to use my receiver for sound and although i can make it so i can have 2 inputs work at the same time its not ideal.
Rank: Racing Permit
#56 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:24:55 PM(UTC)
I think I'm right in saying one drive is the place I should be putting my music I want to play using the custom playlist feature in FH3 right? I'm sure I read it will be done via one drive.

Well that's my problem and question, I've never used one drive (except to upload a game clip to it from my Xbox and even that I had to find instructions for!

So can anyone help? How can I use one drive to set up music for Horizon 3?

[Mod Edit - thread merged. See Microsoft's Groove and OneDrive FAQ for how to add and manage music in OneDrive - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:50:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Forza Staff
#57 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:28:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHB97 Go to Quoted Post
JONK1969, on Groove Music radio, will the name of the song and the artist appear under the name of the radio station? Like Outasight's "The Wild Life" under Horizon Block Party and The Knocks' "Tied To You" under Horizon Pulse?


Yep - just tested it today at work with my personal collection of AC/DC tunes from albums I bought too many years ago to mention here ;)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#58 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:20:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
The Groove Music station in Forza Horizon 3 is not "background" music as you describe. The music will obey all the same rules the other radio stations do in the game (volume ducking during voice overs, for example, or cutting out in tunnels, blaring over loudspeakers in the festival sites, etc.) and can be controlled with the game audio options.

-

Yep - just tested it today at work with my personal collection of AC/DC tunes from albums I bought too many years ago to mention here ;)

While you're at it: does it copy the name of the songs 1 on 1 from what they're called like when you upload them on OneDrive?
And as you stated, I take Groove Music Station will feature voice overs as well? I'd like to know how this is implemented. Will we hear voice overs randomly, or only in between songs, or both? Will they announce what song is coming up next? (if that's even possible).
Last question: if I upload, say, an original mix of a track that's 6 minutes long, will it play the entire song or just part of it? and if so, how will it determine which part it's going to play?


Rank: Forza Staff
#59 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:50:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
The Groove Music station in Forza Horizon 3 is not "background" music as you describe. The music will obey all the same rules the other radio stations do in the game (volume ducking during voice overs, for example, or cutting out in tunnels, blaring over loudspeakers in the festival sites, etc.) and can be controlled with the game audio options.

-

Yep - just tested it today at work with my personal collection of AC/DC tunes from albums I bought too many years ago to mention here ;)

While you're at it: does it copy the name of the songs 1 on 1 from what they're called like when you upload them on OneDrive?
And as you stated, I take Groove Music Station will feature voice overs as well? I'd like to know how this is implemented. Will we hear voice overs randomly, or only in between songs, or both? Will they announce what song is coming up next? (if that's even possible).
Last question: if I upload, say, an original mix of a track that's 6 minutes long, will it play the entire song or just part of it? and if so, how will it determine which part it's going to play?




Let's see here...
Yes, song and artist names appear in the game as uploaded on OneDrive as long as you're not using strange characters (which will show up as a box). Long titles are ok, because they wrap.
Yes and NO: Yes there is VO for the main characters and your onboard assistant letting you know about important stuff like new events, barn finds, friends online, etc. - but there is no DJ voice for the Groove music station, it's just your music.
There's no limit to length of song, which is good if, like me, you want to listen to epic tracks like this 6 minutes of awesomesauce by Radiohead, or even the 20 minute masterpiece that is Pink Floyd's "Echoes" while you drive.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:09:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PriusHater Go to Quoted Post
Does it actually shuffle the playlist music, or is it playimg it in the order you put the music?


In game, the music will be played in the order listed - not shuffled.


Well they should add an "Shuffle" Option then! GTA IV and GTA V have one.



Rank: Driver's License
#61 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:19:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Let's see here...
Yes, song and artist names appear in the game as uploaded on OneDrive as long as you're not using strange characters (which will show up as a box).


UTF-8 character encoding supported?



Rank: Racing Permit
#62 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:51:33 AM(UTC)
That's great, but, what kind of strange characters are you talking about, JONK1969?
Rank: Racing Permit
#63 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:37:11 AM(UTC)
@JONK1969:

Why you answering every question, but ignoring mine? (post #47)
Too harsh? Too negative? Then sorry for that.

I just want to completely shut off the voice-acting per options, will that be possible?
Just racing and my music, thats what I want.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#64 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:12:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Let's see here...
Yes, song and artist names appear in the game as uploaded on OneDrive as long as you're not using strange characters (which will show up as a box). Long titles are ok, because they wrap.
Yes and NO: Yes there is VO for the main characters and your onboard assistant letting you know about important stuff like new events, barn finds, friends online, etc. - but there is no DJ voice for the Groove music station, it's just your music.
There's no limit to length of song, which is good if, like me, you want to listen to epic tracks like this 6 minutes of awesomesauce by Radiohead, or even the 20 minute masterpiece that is Pink Floyd's "Echoes" while you drive.


Thanks for answering! Shame there's no voice-over on the Groove Music Station, I think it would've been a nice touch if a DJ would even say something along the lines of "what a class track was that don't you think? Now straight on to our next one." (just an example, there are alot of possibilities ofcourse)
I like how there's no limit, but since I can't properly mix songs myself that means the song will play from start to finish, including all intro's and outro's. Usually I don't mind, but that will be getting a little bit boring when you're only streaming original mixes of electronic music.

Rank: Forza Staff
 4 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:51:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UnderclassGDfan Go to Quoted Post
@JONK1969:

Why you answering every question, but ignoring mine? (post #47)
Too harsh? Too negative? Then sorry for that.

I just want to completely shut off the voice-acting per options, will that be possible?
Just racing and my music, thats what I want.


To be clear - it's not my job or responsibility to answer questions or respond to complaints here. I am happy to occasionally if I can and if I have time to do so. With that out of the way...

I want to help people understand how Groove Music is expected to work in game, because it's a new feature we've been talking about, and I've been answering questions related to that in this thread.

Your post #47 was not a question about Groove Music or how it works, which is the topic of this thread. It was a question about whether there will be in-game advertising for Groove Music subscriptions and a warning that you won't buy the game if there is, followed by a complaint about the voice acting in Horizon 2, and a feature request to turn off all voice because it annoys you. Does that sound like a fair summary?

If you're making a feature request to turn off all voice in the game, there's a thread for that sort of thing: feature wish list thread.
Rank: Forza Staff
#66 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:55:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHB97 Go to Quoted Post
That's great, but, what kind of strange characters are you talking about, JONK1969?


Any text character not supported by your Xbox language/region settings.
Rank: Forza Staff
#67 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:57:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dragnet Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Let's see here...
Yes, song and artist names appear in the game as uploaded on OneDrive as long as you're not using strange characters (which will show up as a box).


UTF-8 character encoding supported?



Nope, don't believe so.
Rank: Racing Permit
#68 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:35:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
To be clear - it's not my job or responsibility to answer questions or respond to complaints here. I am happy to occasionally if I can and if I have time to do so. With that out of the way...


Oh, ok.
I saw your "Turn 10 Staff"-Rank and thought, thats your job here, because you already answered many questions.
My fault, sorry for that.

Quote:
Your post #47 was not a question about Groove Music or how it works, which is the topic of this thread. It was a question about whether there will be in-game advertising for Groove Music subscriptions and a warning that you won't buy the game if there is, followed by a complaint about the voice acting in Horizon 2, and a feature request to turn off all voice because it annoys you. Does that sound like a fair summary?


Sounds pretty rude, but yeah.
I already saw that in my last post and said sorry, no need to repeat it.

Quote:
If you're making a feature request to turn off all voice in the game, there's a thread for that sort of thing: feature wish list thread.


Hm, see your point here and your right, I'm in the wrong thread for my questions.
But will it hurt you to say yes or no to my question?

The thread you linked has no organisation and is 8 pages full of wishes, I can't see that someone from Turn 10/Playground Games reads all of that.
And I have 2 questions, not 2 wishes, I don't get an answer there.
And the game must be pretty done by now I think, so decisions like that are already made, I think.
So...I will give up to get an answer and wait for a demo or video tests after release, so hopefully then I get my points sorted out.

Sorry, when I **** ed you and stealed your time.
I just don't want spend 100€ on a game and then don't want to play it.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#69 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:48:10 PM(UTC)
This is going to bee sooo goood "Hardcore Radio Australia" !!! :'D
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#70 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:33:52 AM(UTC)
I, for one, am looking forward to this new feature! I just need to (if I can) learn how to upload songs from iTunes to Onedrive, I've got a perfect list for Horizon.

Edited by user Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:34:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5


FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
Rank: B-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#71 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:19:28 PM(UTC)
One question did get missed, (not mine) and going to help explain this son more. OneDrive.com is a cloud storage service made by Microsoft. You get 5GB of storage with your Microsoft account. (you can get a subscription via office 365, school or work, and or Bing rewards) now the folders you get are music, public and I think camera roll. You can add your documents, pictures, videos and MUSIC to OneDrive and have free online office via office online. Now this is like dropbox and/or google drive, (I say better but oh well) now with your Xbox live account you also have a outlook.com account, OneDrive, Skype, and man page. So you can use your Xbox account as an actual email address on outlook.com. Now when you add music (mp3. WAV, acc, mp4) to OneDrive , Groove music (Zune, Xbox music) has it where you can access it anywhere via Windows 10, (mobile also) windows 8.1 (mobile also via branded Xbox music) android (via Groove music app) iOS (via same app) Xbox one and 360 (via groove music) and on the web at music.Microsoft.com
Now what forza is doing is allowing your music on groove (via OneDrive and/or groove pass or bought music) to stream through the game.

ITunes/Apple music, google play music, tidal, spotafi, beats audio, PlayStation music, soundcloud and others are different music streaming services on different platforms and devices that are not made by Microsoft. Groove music (Xbox music or Zune on some ) is made by Microsoft and is free to use by adding your own music to OneDrive. You can get a music pass and/or buy your music in the Microsoft store. You can also download your songs up to 4 devices including music pass songs. (DRM requires songs moved to non internet accessible devices like MP3 players needs to be re connected to another computer.)
I use groove on my phones Xbox and PC's ... Even my G moms MAC computer so it's really not only Windows 10 exclusive... Infact they changed the name to groove because they thought it was to Xbox exclusive only.
So be happy this works better than snapping the app on Xbox one!
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!


Rank: B-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#72 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:27:03 PM(UTC)
Jonk did a very good job on telling what happens in the game but people were still confused about the difference between OneDrive and Groove. (sorry grammar bad due to phone not wanting to move cursor correctly) bye the way 5GB free with MSA, you can get more GB with doing those ways to get a. Subscription.
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!


Rank: B-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#73 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:42:50 PM(UTC)
One last thing the OneDrive app is also available for these devices:
Windows 10, mobile (UWP app)
Windows 8.1, mobile
Windows 7 via file explorer (Windows phone 7.X I think has SkyDrive or OneDrive)
iOS (via app)
OSX (via app from app store--MAC book)
Android (via google play)
Chrome OS (via chrome store-OneDrive)
Firefox mobile OS (via Mozilla marketplace)
Xbox 360 (preinstalled... Meh kinda sad version)
Xbox One (preinstalled, actually works)
And otherwise on the web at OneDrive.com
All of these ways are ways to add your music to OneDrive.

Edited by user Monday, June 27, 2016 8:13:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ...

(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!


Rank: A-Class Racing License
#74 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:31:53 AM(UTC)
is there a limit number of tracks or time limit on the playlist? I've begun compiling songs for the station and very curious now what the limit is. Thanks!
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#75 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 6:21:35 AM(UTC)
Any word on whether this will work with OneDrive Business? I have around 5TB available if this is the case!
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

10 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error