2 Pages12Next
Rank: Racing Permit
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:46:08 AM(UTC)
Does this have local multiplayer or two player split screen like forza motorsport 6?
Rank: Racing Permit
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:53:04 AM(UTC)
While I really hope that they will include the feature I doubt that they will because no Horizon game has ever had it, but there's a first time for everything!
FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
Rank: Racing Permit
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:16:25 AM(UTC)
I don't see any news stating that there is split screen feature. And yes I'm aware that no Horizon game has had it. I wish we'll know soon. I'm hoping it has because it will be fun to play local multiplayer with my brother.
Rank: Driver's License
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:14:15 PM(UTC)
My brother and I like to play split screen together and the last horizon game you could not do split screen.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:21:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:09:39 PM(UTC)
No, open world games are nearly impossible to do split-screen with because the game would have a render a portion of the map twice. This is significantly less demanding for the Motorsport games because the tracks themselves don't have nearly as many objects and space to render.
Rank: Racing Permit
#6 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 7:49:09 PM(UTC)
Since the first two horizons didnt have split screen, will the third finally include it?
#TeamTreefer Captain
Google+/WinkyNichols
Insta: SmashySmashyEggGuy
Rank: Forza Staff
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 8:53:02 PM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 3 will not have split screen local multiplayer.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 12:15:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Elit3 Nick Go to Quoted Post
No, open world games are nearly impossible to do split-screen with because the game would have a render a portion of the map twice. This is significantly less demanding for the Motorsport games because the tracks themselves don't have nearly as many objects and space to render.


oh hi there
Rank: Racing Permit
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 2:36:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Elit3 Nick Go to Quoted Post
No, open world games are nearly impossible to do split-screen with because the game would have a render a portion of the map twice. This is significantly less demanding for the Motorsport games because the tracks themselves don't have nearly as many objects and space to render.


So basically you're saying the "state of the art" machine can't do the simplest things? Then they don't need to make a horizon 3....
#TeamTreefer Captain
Google+/WinkyNichols
Insta: SmashySmashyEggGuy
Rank: Driver's Permit
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 2:45:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Elit3 Nick Go to Quoted Post
No, open world games are nearly impossible to do split-screen with because the game would have a render a portion of the map twice. This is significantly less demanding for the Motorsport games because the tracks themselves don't have nearly as many objects and space to render.


This is certainly what they have said in the past. Though the only hope might be that an XO Scorpio machine, with the extra grunt, it might be possible. If not then will have to review after subsequent hardware updates.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:16:03 AM(UTC)
turn 10 confirmed split screen multiplayer for up to 4 players locally
Rank: Moderator
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:05:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WRXSavory Go to Quoted Post
turn 10 confirmed split screen multiplayer for up to 4 players locally


Please provide a link.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:04:38 PM(UTC)
wrxsavory it is a 4 player coop (online coop) not splitscreen.
Rank: Forza Staff
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:22:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WRXSavory Go to Quoted Post
turn 10 confirmed split screen multiplayer for up to 4 players locally


4 player online co-op campaign= yes

12 player online MP = yes

local splitscreen = no

Edited by user Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:33:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:28:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dR3K0b Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Elit3 Nick Go to Quoted Post
No, open world games are nearly impossible to do split-screen with because the game would have a render a portion of the map twice. This is significantly less demanding for the Motorsport games because the tracks themselves don't have nearly as many objects and space to render.


So basically you're saying the "state of the art" machine can't do the simplest things? Then they don't need to make a horizon 3....

The simplest of things? If it's so simple grab yourself a paintbrush in one hand, a paint tin in the other and start painting a wall. You can imagine it if you like. Now, at exactly the same time, grab another paintbrush and tin and start painting a completely different wall - whilst still painting the first and without stopping work on either. The simplest thing, right?
They are saying that the "state of the art" machine can't render exactly the same game twice. It is designed to look as good as it does because it's using all the resources available and it is a very resource heavy game. Motorsport is a limited area with only two directions. To do two players on the same machine in an open world racing game they would effectively have to reduce the quality and complexity down so low it wouldn't be worth it.
Rank: Racing Permit
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:04:44 PM(UTC)
Not to mention the xbox is great but it is by no means a state of the art machine. It is an affordable system that can play a various array of games. the amount of ressources that FH3 consumes on pc will be phenomenal if played on 4k now imagine on an xbox console upscaling. They have to limit it at 30 fps because of the gpu and perhaps cpu limitations of the xbox now add that to rendering everything twice. Not to mention it is a pretty costly for development to have a split screen mode and the demand for it just isn't there. Sure some may love it but we live in a day and age where people party up and chat via xbox party or third party systems in the case of pc players. Very few people still have huge gatherings and take turns split screening. I have grown up with that kind of mentality but i do understand leaving it out.
Rank: Driver's License
#17 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:59:50 PM(UTC)
A PC could handle split screen and it'd be super fun. Seen quite a few people asking if they can play with their siblings, answer is no obviously. Unless said sibling who may be 14 can afford another USD $80 to buy their own copy, and then provided said family has 2 devices that can play FH3, provided said family has the internet requirements (no local MP). Now siblings can play with each other. *cough* STEAM *cough*
Sad reality is devs push the console so hard it can't deal with split screen (one of the greatest past times and always will be, a racing game without split screen?? It's like a racing game without wheel support, many shots fired) whereas a PC could deal with it but the devs can't be bothered making another version for a PC so we just get a minimal effort port.

Edited by user Friday, August 26, 2016 5:02:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 8:18:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Doowhtuos Go to Quoted Post
A PC could handle split screen and it'd be super fun. Seen quite a few people asking if they can play with their siblings, answer is no obviously. Unless said sibling who may be 14 can afford another USD $80 to buy their own copy, and then provided said family has 2 devices that can play FH3, provided said family has the internet requirements (no local MP). Now siblings can play with each other. *cough* STEAM *cough*
Sad reality is devs push the console so hard it can't deal with split screen (one of the greatest past times and always will be, a racing game without split screen?? It's like a racing game without wheel support, many shots fired) whereas a PC could deal with it but the devs can't be bothered making another version for a PC so we just get a minimal effort port.


It's nothing to do with minimal effort at all. Have you seen how much this game has the render? It's an open world game; it isn't just focused on a closed circut. IT'S AN OPEN WORLD GAME.

It is very possible to play local multi-player on a closed circuit type game (e.g. Forza Motorsport 6, Gran Turismo, Mario kart, etc.) because the car can only stay within the limits of the track. Closed circuit tracks have BARRIERS.

Forza Horizon 3 is AN OPEN WORLD GAME. Meaning it has to render 100x, if not any more, than a close circuit track. There is no possible way to play local multiplayer in FH3 in this current generation.

I simply do not understand why this concept is so hard to grasp. Look at a FM6's close circuit track's map. Then look at FH3's map.

WHOA!!

(please excuse my exaggeration. What may look like anger is just actually frustration.)

This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.
It isn't rocket science.
It's just closed circuit (FM6) vs open world (FH3).




Can I request to one of the moderators to lock this thread please?
Rank: Driver's License
#19 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 9:09:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emrickninja Go to Quoted Post


It's nothing to do with minimal effort at all. Have you seen how much this game has the render? It's an open world game; it isn't just focused on a closed circut. IT'S AN OPEN WORLD GAME.

It is very possible to play local multi-player on a closed circuit type game (e.g. Forza Motorsport 6, Gran Turismo, Mario kart, etc.) because the car can only stay within the limits of the track. Closed circuit tracks have BARRIERS.

Forza Horizon 3 is AN OPEN WORLD GAME. Meaning it has to render 100x, if not any more, than a close circuit track. There is no possible way to play local multiplayer in FH3 in this current generation.

I simply do not understand why this concept is so hard to grasp. Look at a FM6's close circuit track's map. Then look at FH3's map.

WHOA!!

(please excuse my exaggeration. What may look like anger is just actually frustration.)

This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.
It isn't rocket science.
It's just closed circuit (FM6) vs open world (FH3).


Can I request to one of the moderators to lock this thread please?


Honestly, i laughed a bit when i read that.
Exaggeration is not the best approach to take when trying to make a point.

A game doesn't render an entire map at once, we can even use POKEMON GO as an example for that, it only loads 10-15km of map around you at a time, then dumps the rest of the map that you walked away from (without a loading screen).

I do not know exactly how the ForzaTech engine decides how it will render and load the Horizon map for viewing, however, I would hope that it doesn't spend 10 minutes in loading time just to do such a thing. I think i might guarantee you (having never played FH1 or FH2) the load times are not 10 minutes long to get out of the garage.
Speaking generally (having never played a FH game), ever noticed how if you get an AI car stuck somewhere, drive 5km and come back it's magically gone and all the destruction and burnouts you left there are also gone?? Why is it gone? shouldn't it still be there if the whole map has loaded at once as you say?

Edited by user Friday, August 26, 2016 9:11:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 5:19:43 PM(UTC)
There was an open world baja game on 360 that had local 4 player split which I thought was rather expansive for a console game. T10 could do it with this. It'd still look good too. But they wont. Hardware limitations. Hardly. Limitations in the programmers is more like it. I have a family I love them dearly and would like to play it with them... without having to buy a system and gold account for everyone... it's not hardware limits especially with then next gens. It's their limits of being greedy. But this is the day we live in, where connecting the world to each other is more important than connecting with the families we live with. It irks me which is why I won't be buying till it goes on sale for a deep discount
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 6:37:49 PM(UTC)
Nature in all open world games. They never had split screen. Due the fact the kind of game that it need more recourse to just do one player on the console then other type of video games. Reason the other type of game can do it. Because it used less memory. Open world must used the whole memory pool for games for one player(5GB). In order it supported 4 players on one console. Console memory need to be 24GB of RAM. And DRR3 RAM only up to 8GB per channel. And get the amount to run it would cost MS more. And XBOX ONE would cost you like $700 a console. Then a $500 one. And it could cost more then I stated.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 6:42:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ViperDemon6819 Go to Quoted Post
There was an open world baja game on 360 that had local 4 player split which I thought was rather expansive for a console game. T10 could do it with this. It'd still look good too. But they wont. Hardware limitations. Hardly. Limitations in the programmers is more like it. I have a family I love them dearly and would like to play it with them... without having to buy a system and gold account for everyone... it's not hardware limits especially with then next gens. It's their limits of being greedy. But this is the day we live in, where connecting the world to each other is more important than connecting with the families we live with. It irks me which is why I won't be buying till it goes on sale for a deep discount


But it cost how good it looks too.
Rank: Racing Permit
#23 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 7:24:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ViperDemon6819 Go to Quoted Post
There was an open world baja game on 360 that had local 4 player split which I thought was rather expansive for a console game. T10 could do it with this. It'd still look good too. But they wont. Hardware limitations. Hardly. Limitations in the programmers is more like it. I have a family I love them dearly and would like to play it with them... without having to buy a system and gold account for everyone... it's not hardware limits especially with then next gens. It's their limits of being greedy. But this is the day we live in, where connecting the world to each other is more important than connecting with the families we live with. It irks me which is why I won't be buying till it goes on sale for a deep discount


Lower rendering specs. Forza horizon 3 has much more in depth anti-aliasing and the possibility of 4k (on pc or upscale on xbox one s)which is leaps and bounds ahead of what a 360 can play. Most PCs with top end hardware will push barely 60 fps on a 4k set up and a pc of that price is approximately 3500$ vs the xbox one that you paid 400-500$ for that is why you can't demand even further rendering without making serious sacrifices to the quality of the product.

Rank: Racing Permit
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:35:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emrickninja Go to Quoted Post
There is no possible way to play local multiplayer in FH3 in this current generation.


A little correction: There is no way to play local multiplayer with any current-gen graphics open-world game, regardless of the "current gen" in question. It's just how things work - you don't make a game render something to the best of the machine's abilities, and then ask the machine to render another instance of that thing. It just isn't going to happen.

You can probably split-screen a lightweight open-world title like Minecraft, but something with top-tier graphics like Forza Horizon? Let's just say the developers aren't lazy or greedy to make you buy the machine and game twice.
I was raised on Gran Turismo, but hey, Polyphony doesn't want my money anymore.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:38:34 AM(UTC)
The most recent open-world driving game I can think of with split screen must be something like Midtown Madness 3. Certainly nothing since the 360 generation.

Nobody should be surprised at this point, certainly not with the level of quality Forza gets down.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error