10 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 3:40:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RitzyBiscuit7 Go to Quoted Post
I assume that means "add music to OneDrive" + Music you have bought from the Microsoft Store, will be playable through the ingame radio! I mean I have "some" I added to OneDrive but the majority of the music I bought was from the Microsoft Store.

It would be hilarious if their obvious Groove Music product placement doesn't actually support Groove Music subscriptions.

The Groove Music station in Horizon 3 does in fact support both streaming from your OneDrive collection as well as Groove Music Pass subscription.

Additionally, at launch all Horizon 3 players will receive a 14 day free Groove Music trial, with no obligations, just a press of a button from within the game (no credit card required). So...in addition to your OneDrive music, you'll have access to the millions of songs on the Groove Music service to drive to.

When this 14 day trial expires, you will still have the option to go to the Groove Music app and use the various trial/subscription options offered there if you'd like to continue using it. You'll still be able to stream your music from OneDrive on the Groove Music station in game regardless.

Of course while this trial is active, you can listen to Groove Music and manage your playlists on any device that supports it (Windows, Xbox One, Android, iOS, etc)

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 3:58:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grantleavitt Go to Quoted Post
Windows 10? Yet another way that Microsoft will continue forcing 10 on people. Hopefully someone will be able to find a workaround since OneDrive is not exclusive to Windows 10. Of course, Groove probably is exclusive to Windows 10, so i probably won't bother wasting my time creating playlists.

Groove music is not exclusive to windows 10 and no one is forcing you to do anything, bub.

The groove music app is on Xbox One, Windows 10, Android, iOs, etc). You can manage your playlists on any device that supports it.
#28 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 4:25:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grantleavitt Go to Quoted Post
Windows 10? Yet another way that Microsoft will continue forcing 10 on people. Hopefully someone will be able to find a workaround since OneDrive is not exclusive to Windows 10. Of course, Groove probably is exclusive to Windows 10, so i probably won't bother wasting my time creating playlists.

Groove music is not exclusive to windows 10 and no one is forcing you to do anything, bub.

The groove music app is on Xbox One, Windows 10, Android, iOs, etc). You can manage your playlists on any device that supports it.

So, it's pretty much another ITunes?
Battling for more 50's big-finned,chrome beauties in Forza! Also bring back the '84 Mugen! Removing it from FM6 was lame T10 ;^(
#29 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 10:47:21 AM(UTC)
Finally, a game where I can get all my favorites: Danger Zone, We Will Rock you, best day of my life, and more.
#30 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 12:31:05 PM(UTC)
Will there be pre-recorded DJ chatter between songs? Or nothing but the songs with no DJ comments?

As I recall one of the Project Gotham games for the OG Xbox had a custom music channel, and the DJ would say generic things in between the songs. I thought it was a cool touch, but some people might find it annoying.
#31 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 1:37:07 PM(UTC)
Yes a game where I can have touch sensetive and wtm blaring out the window! But honestly so far this is one of the neatest features in a racing game imo.
#32 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 2:23:14 PM(UTC)
right now at least in U.S. they have a promotion where if you sign up for a free month of groove you get 2 more. The deal ends on the 30th. just tossing it out there because it runs into launch of the game if you wait till the end of the deal.
#33 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 3:51:46 PM(UTC)
This is awesome news! I've been preparing a playlist exclusively for the next Forza game, mainly in the style of Forza Motorsport 2 and old Need for Speed games. They had awesome soundtracks back then.

Who remembers this?!
N.E.R.D. - Rockstar (Jason Nevins Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mq3jKAoSLc
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 4:08:23 PM(UTC)
Does it actually shuffle the playlist music, or is it playimg it in the order you put the music?
#35 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 5:07:25 AM(UTC)
I am so excited for this new feature! Finally i can listen to my own personal collection of Christian and EDM music! :D
#36 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 9:19:48 AM(UTC)
I've already made a playlist on Groove Music on my PC and all the songs work perfectly. I tried to play them also on my Xbox One, but they DON'T work! Someone help me on this one, please.
Also, I need to know if AAC/M4A music files will work in this game, please.
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 9:57:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHB97 Go to Quoted Post
I've already made a playlist on Groove Music on my PC and all the songs work perfectly. I tried to play them also on my Xbox One, but they DON'T work! Someone help me on this one, please.

AAC and M4A music files will be supported on Horizon 3's Groove Music radio station.
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 9:58:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PriusHater Go to Quoted Post
Does it actually shuffle the playlist music, or is it playimg it in the order you put the music?

In game, the music will be played in the order listed - not shuffled.
#39 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 11:16:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

AAC and M4A music files will be supported on Horizon 3's Groove Music radio station.

Thanks for the info... looks like I'll have to convert all of my songs lol... all 3000 of them... fun times. And just wondering is there a limit to the amount of songs on the radio?
#40 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 12:44:20 PM(UTC)
Thanks for your comment, JONK1969. 3 more questions for you.

1: Will songs downloaded from iTunes be supported into Groove Music radio station as well?
2: I've made a playlist on Groove Music on my PC and the songs work perfectly, but on my Xbox One, they don't work at all - (error code: 0xc1010091) This has also brought me worry that my playlist won't work in the game on Groove Music radio. Do you know how to let me fix this?
3: If you're playing Forza Horizon 3, which songs are YOU interested in playing on Groove Music radio station?

Edited by user Monday, June 20, 2016 10:46:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Worried about Groove Music playlist not working in the game. Someone needs to ask the Xbox technicia

#41 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 1:43:44 PM(UTC)
Thanks for your comment, JONK1969. 3 more questions for you.

1: Will songs downloaded from iTunes be supported into Groove Music radio station as well?
2: I've made a playlist on Groove Music on my PC and the songs work perfectly, but on my Xbox One, they don't work at all - (error code: 0xc1010091) Do you know how to let me fix this?
3: If you're playing Forza Horizon 3, which songs are YOU interested in playing on Groove Music radio station?

1) Yes, it will work in Horizon 3. Doesn't matter if you downloaded the music from Groove Music (or its predecessors Xbox Music or Zune), iTunes, Amazon, or ripped them from your own CD collection.
2) Not sure about that. Right now, your PC's Groove Music app might just be pulling tunes from everywhere on your PC, including your iTunes folder. Try copying some directly into your OneDrive music folder, it should work. It's also possible some of the file formats you're using aren't yet supported. All the major formats will be supported in Horizon 3's Groove Music station (mp3, AAC, M4A, etc).
3) I'm a classic rock and early electronica nut, so I'll probably be driving to a lot of Pink Floyd, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, etc. And AC/DC of course. I can also imagine cruising to Everlast, Sublime, Morphine, Beck, and other personal favorites I listen to when I go for backroads drives.

Update to answer#1:
Music downloaded from services such as iTunes or Amazon will work provided they are not DRM protected, and are encoded in a supported format (aac, mp3, wma).

Edited by user Monday, June 20, 2016 4:24:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification to question #1

#42 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 1:54:20 PM(UTC)
Rose Tattoo.

All the time.

That is all.
✔ Verified Moderator

#43 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 2:14:45 PM(UTC)
I thought we were getting the whole being able to play music in the background thing with an update. I guess thats not happening anymore if this is being implemented in this particular way.
#44 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 4:48:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
I thought we were getting the whole being able to play music in the background thing with an update. I guess thats not happening anymore if this is being implemented in this particular way.

That's just for the Xbox One in general. From then on you'll be able to play background music without having to snap the mediaplayer. Ofcourse, with Forza introducing Groove Music Station, you don't necessarily need this feature since you can just stream it through OneDrive.
#45 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 7:42:26 PM(UTC)
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will I be able to use Spotify on my Xbox while playing Horizon 3?

Edited by user Monday, June 20, 2016 7:43:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:54:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will I be able to use Spotify on my Xbox while playing Horizon 3?

Not a dumb question at all, but you can't stream Spotify directly into the game.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:23:35 AM(UTC)
Sorry, if THIS is a dumb question, but will be there multiple messages In-Game, informing me that I can subscribe to groove music or something in that direction?
I plan to buy the ultimate edition on disc, but advertisement in that way is a no-go for me.

The GPS-Voice in FH2 was annoying enough, especially in german, so I stopt playing that game after around 60 hours.
I know, some parts could be shut off in the options, but not all.
It would be very nice to be able to shut off every part of voice-acting in-game.

I wished, that were possible in FH2, so I could finish the game, but thats to late I think.
When I hear the info "there is a rivals-driver, if you want to beat him, then press...blablabla" one more time, I get crazy.

Sorry for my mediocre english.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:59:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RitzyBiscuit7 Go to Quoted Post
I assume that means "add music to OneDrive" + Music you have bought from the Microsoft Store, will be playable through the ingame radio! I mean I have "some" I added to OneDrive but the majority of the music I bought was from the Microsoft Store.

It would be hilarious if their obvious Groove Music product placement doesn't actually support Groove Music subscriptions.

Can you imagine the comical level of outrage if that happens? It almost made me wish it would be the case.
I was raised on Gran Turismo, but hey, Polyphony doesn't want my money anymore.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:20:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post

That's just for the Xbox One in general. From then on you'll be able to play background music without having to snap the mediaplayer. Ofcourse, with Forza introducing Groove Music Station, you don't necessarily need this feature since you can just stream it through OneDrive.

I dont use onedrive for music so this really isnt an option for me. I also kind of have a feeling that this is what the unsnapped background music update will be, only being able to play from onedrive and that music subscription kinda like what ps4 does with spotify. Background music was one of the only things i wanted as an update to the one, kinda dissapointed.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:26:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:56:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post

I dont use onedrive for music so this really isnt an option for me. I also kind of have a feeling that this is what the unsnapped background music update will be, only being able to play from onedrive and that music subscription kinda like what ps4 does with spotify. Background music was one of the only things i wanted as an update to the one, kinda dissapointed.

I'm not sure if you know, but OneDrive is just a cloud storage service. You'll just have to put your music on there and that's it. I currently don't use it either, but uploading some songs for 5 seconds won't do me harm.
You're disappointed without even knowing what the update will do. Maybe streaming it from OneDrive will be an option as well, which I think is great as it saves the trouble AND storage room on the Xbox One itself. But you will definitely also be able to just plug in an USB and listen to songs that are on there.
10 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error