3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:01:50 AM(UTC)
Just want to get something cleared up here. Is the FH3 Ultimate Edition have a hard copy also or just a Digital Download? Gamestop has it listed as a Hard Copy. I just want to get this cleared up.
Listing Shown Here: http://www.gamestop.com/...-ultimate-edition/131526

Edited by user Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:32:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:42:39 AM(UTC)
Yesterday's Pre-Order announcement does write "Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition (available digital and retail disc)"
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:07:37 AM(UTC)
It should be noted that the physical copies (base and Ultimate editions) will not be able to be played on both Xbox and PC. The digital downloads for all three editions (Base, Deluxe, Ultimate) are Xbox anywhere and so will be playable on both Xbox and Windows 10 PC with no additional purchase. This allows back and forth play and progress will be synched across the platforms.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:15:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Dinklewood Go to Quoted Post
It should be noted that the physical copies (base and Ultimate editions) will not be able to be played on both Xbox and PC. The digital downloads for all three editions (Base, Deluxe, Ultimate) are Xbox anywhere and so will be playable on both Xbox and Windows 10 PC with no additional purchase. This allows back and forth play and progress will be synched across the platforms.

Man they sure do like to make decisions hard lol. I want a physical copy with the tin case but I want the digital version so I can have it on my laptop also lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:23:12 AM(UTC)
I'm 99% sure that there is no steelbook / tin case for FH3 correct me if I'm wrong. I really wish there was though but after seeing how convenient it was to have the digital ultimate edition of FM6 Im thinking about staying digital for most games now but if there is a steelbook for the ultimate edition I may consider going physical. I really wish they still made Limited Collectors Editions like they did with FM5 and FH1

FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:47:43 AM(UTC)
[DELETED]

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:07:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:25:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ultimat3Burnout Go to Quoted Post
I'm 99% sure that there is no steelbook / tin case for FH3 correct me if I'm wrong. I really wish there was though but after seeing how convenient it was to have the digital ultimate edition of FM6 Im thinking about staying digital for most games now but if there is a steelbook for the ultimate edition I may consider going physical. I really wish they still made Limited Collectors Editions like they did with FM5 and FH1

Only time will tell. But as of right now gamestop mentioned there being a steelbook/tin case for the ultimate edition. But nothing has been officially announced about the packaging other than the cover art for the game.
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:42:32 AM(UTC)
We got a steelbook of FM6 from EB Games here in Australia so it may be a regional thing. Or it could just be a promotional thing - Mt Panorama V8 Supercars in this case.

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:51:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Dinklewood Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for posting this. I was about to order this off the Microsoft store but was concerned as I want the play anywhere feature. I used to want the physical copy but after getting FM6 digital I love not having to put in the disc.
Thrustmaster TX+GTE Wheel+T3PA Pro+TH8A
PC with EVGA 1070 SC + HTC Vive (waiting to put these to use on a Forza title someday)
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:11:00 PM(UTC)
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but will purchasers of the physical Ultimate edition still be able to have it Pre-ordered and played on September 23? I know that is probably yes but that was not made that clear.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:19:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but will purchasers of the physical Ultimate edition still be able to have it Pre-ordered and played on September 23? I know that is probably yes but that was not made that clear.

Most likely, yes. Though Amazon pre-orders I am not sure about but from GameStop you can either pick it up in-store or have it shipped to you, the early shipping thing is iffy though.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:30:11 PM(UTC)
"Ultimate Edition is available digitally through the Xbox Store and at select retailers as a limited edition SteelBook® edition"
https://twitter.com/WeAr...tatus/743037425384075264

www.amazon.com/Forza-Horizon-3-Ultimate-Xbox-One/dp/B01GW3LREG

www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/forza-horizon-3-ultimate-edition/131526

Best Buy, MicrosoftStore, and Newegg have links to the Ultimate Edition but it's not clear if they're the SteelBook Edition
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:37:17 PM(UTC)
Now that I see that there is a steelbook involved with the ultimate edition I may start to change my mind about getting the digital ultimate! I just wish there was more that came with it like a sticker or some incentive to go for that instead of the digital.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:02:06 PM(UTC)
If they do a FH3 Steel Book I'm going to be livid. Not because they are doing it, I'm all for it, but because they failed to release the FM6 Steelbook in North America. In the past in was near impossible to find the LEs shortly after release and if you also look at the Special Editions for Gran Turismo its quite obvious customers are willing to spend the money. I'd happily spend a good chunk of money on a FH3 Collectors Edition that came with the Ultimate Edition along with a book, keychain, die cast Lambo and/or any other goodies.

Want to really make me spend money? Bundle the game with a controller similar to that Hurican prototype controller.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:21:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
We got a steelbook of FM6 from EB Games here in Australia so it may be a regional thing. Or it could just be a promotional thing - Mt Panorama V8 Supercars in this case.

I got one too... (my dad threw it and now it's got a big dent tho)

#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:28:06 PM(UTC)
That's funny 'cause mine is still in the wrapper and I still have the unused codes - I got the digital Ultimate Edition as well. See! It's a collector's item.

#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:32:22 PM(UTC)
Is the "Ultimate Edition" actually going to include ALL the dlc this time? I paid $100 for fm6 and didn't get all the dlc.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:35:44 PM(UTC)
No, there is no guarantee that the Ultimate Edition will include all DLC. Chances are that it will not. The edition clearly states what is included. The Car Pass ends in March. The Ultimate description says nothing about being open ended.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:36:01 PM(UTC)
The Car Pass gives you access to the first six monthly car packs - from October '16 through to March of '17.

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:51:24 AM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure I saw the blurb that just like every other car pass it is for the first 6 car packs of 7 cars each for a total of 42 cars. Everything after that is an additonal purchase regardless of purchased edition. This is their business model and it has worked out well for them to date.
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:55:03 AM(UTC)
Unless you plan to sell it back later go digital. All it does is install what's on the disc anyway. Why clutter with discs? Digital much more convenient.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:00:20 AM(UTC)
You know what ultimate means. It hasn't changed. I don't know why people are complaining it isn't all the DLC. What games does that?
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:46:28 PM(UTC)
is the ultimate edition boxed also for europe? i tried amazon and microsoftstore, but with both i cant get it to the netherlands. is would be a big shame if the steelbook is exclusive fir USA. hope someone knows more about this.
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:15:41 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know if there is anything extra that comes with the Physical Ultimate Edition, I know all the basic stuff like obviously the game, car pass, VIP, etc. but does it come with a sticker sheet like the FM5 one did or a VIP that looked like an actual ticket to the Festive for the first Horizon LCE, It is little things like that that really make the "Limited Edition" SteelBook games worth it but I mean if it's the same as the digital why bother wasting time to go to Gamestop (or wherever you pre-ordered) and pick up the game and then having to wait hours for it to install where if you buy it digitally its already pre-loaded and you can just play right when you get home. Anyway, thanks for reading!

(I know I started going on a tangent but I just can't wait for this game!!!)
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:41:22 PM(UTC)
I went digital only with Forza 6 and it was the best decision. Because Forza is the type of game I like to pop in and play for an hour here and there rather than a huge marathon style of play like Fallout 4 or Witcher it makes it much easier to switch between games.

I'll do the same with Forza Horizon 3.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error