2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:23:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForceOne141 Go to Quoted Post
But does it really matter? Shouldn't you be racing for the battle/competition, and not the points. I hardly even look at points in leagues. I'd give turn 10 a bit to fix it not everything can happen overnight...

Not really I carried on racing regardless and will again tonight, I race in leagues because I enjoy the competiveness which you rarely see in hoppers. Still could use fixing though because some people do care about it I don't want to see the number of people racing start to drop because the league system doesn't work properly. Not expecting an immediate fix either, people post so that it gets Turn 10's attention and they can look into it.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:15:45 AM(UTC)
Ghost league. 2 races. . No points. Left rejoiined. Still no points
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:27:22 AM(UTC)
Its still non-functional for me as well. I enjoy it without the points however it concerns me that it may affect the cleanliness of the racing even in elite lobbies

On a side note: just did my first pit since the update (due do insane drivers of course) awesome!

Edited by user Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:50:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely,
Brian Schellski
Don't be a jerk😎👍🏻
(Driving since 2009)
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:28:41 PM(UTC)
I did about 10 or so races last night. Only twice did I get points.

So it's not totally broken. Randomly you'll get points. Lol.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:56:17 PM(UTC)
Not 100% sure, but it seems plausible, I think the ranking/points are now affected by clean laps, either by bug or by design, if I check the 'previous race' info after a round I can be higher or lower (significantly) than where I actually finished, e.g. I drove 100% clean laps, finished last (15/15) but post race I'm shown 5th or 6th (the order doesn't tally with the overall times in the list either). Or Vice Versa, I cut corners all over the place, have a crash or 2, finish 3rd, but afterwards I'm shown last
.. Can't find any official word on this, but see if it stacks up for you?
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:55:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pOpKiD Go to Quoted Post
Not 100% sure, but it seems plausible, I think the ranking/points are now affected by clean laps, either by bug or by design, if I check the 'previous race' info after a round I can be higher or lower (significantly) than where I actually finished, e.g. I drove 100% clean laps, finished last (15/15) but post race I'm shown 5th or 6th (the order doesn't tally with the overall times in the list either). Or Vice Versa, I cut corners all over the place, have a crash or 2, finish 3rd, but afterwards I'm shown last
.. Can't find any official word on this, but see if it stacks up for you?

Nah, this sort of fits what is happening but it's still not the whole story anyway... Still getting allocated points that aren't being added, think it is a bit broken at the moment
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:13:11 AM(UTC)
Sure would be nice if Turn 10 would acknowledge this
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:50:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sirtra Go to Quoted Post
T10 has mucked up the leaderboards between the in-game "show results" leaderboard (correctly shows peoples finishing position) and the post-game lobby "previous results" leaderboard (incorrectly jumbles the order and what gets used for the point calculations) again.

It used to incorrectly sort the DNF's alphabetically, then it was patched and sorted them incorrectly by some sort of finish time where all DNF's had differing times for the last second. Now i have no idea **** its sorting DNF's by but its also affecting non-DNF's too, so it's even worse than ever before.

You'd think scoring for a racing game would be pretty high up on the priority list for pre-release testing and checking to ensure re-introduction of such an embarrassing issue wouldn't happen... seems T10 think differently :)

Mucked up? You sound like you believe it was intentional.
Have you ever written complex code? It's rather common for an update that adds to a game or fixes something in a game, to cause even more problems than it fixed. Even after testing, it's impossible for a small team to find every possible bug. It's usually when the update gets into the large community, for actual use, that the bugs are found.

Relax, the issues have been acknowledged by Turn 10, and they said they are working on a solution.

Peace

Fast is NOT celebrating a win after bumping your opponents off the track, or cutting corners.
Fast is overtaking your opponents, without incident, while staying within the regulation boundaries of the track.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:47:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Old Hippie 1 Go to Quoted Post

Have you ever written complex code?

Hah, if the code that queries the game thread for finishing positions and then writes the data into a table is complex, then they're doing it wrong.

Actually, that might explain it...
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:53:44 PM(UTC)
Any news on restoring points to NASCAR league racing ?
@CWMotorsport69 on Twitter. I have no idea why...
#36 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:04:13 PM(UTC)
its every league not just nascar. sometimes you get points sometimes you don't. I believe Manteomax acknowledged the issue and they are working on it

Edited by user Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:05:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:16:46 PM(UTC)
T10 has mucked up the leaderboards between the in-game "show results" leaderboard (correctly shows peoples finishing position) and the post-game lobby "previous results" leaderboard (incorrectly jumbles the order and what gets used for the point calculations) again.

It used to incorrectly sort the DNF's alphabetically, then it was patched and sorted them incorrectly by some sort of finish time where all DNF's had differing times for the last second. Now i have no idea **** its sorting DNF's by but its also affecting non-DNF's too, so it's even worse than ever before.

You'd think scoring for a racing game would be pretty high up on the priority list for pre-release testing and checking to ensure re-introduction of such an embarrassing issue wouldn't happen... seems T10 think differently :)

Have you ever written complex code? It's rather common for an update that adds to a game or fixes something in a game, to cause even more problems than it fixed. Even after testing, it's impossible for a small team to find every possible bug. It's usually when the update gets into the large community, for actual use, that the bugs are found.

Relax, the issues have been acknowledged by Turn 10, and they said they are working on a solution.

Peace

What gives the impression i believe it was intentional?

Mucked up to me means an error that could and should have been easily avoided had more care or diligence been taken.

I've written more than my fair share of complex code and i dare say i know more about development if you believe the issue here is code related. Do terms like agile, user stories and sprints mean anything to you? Well they do to me and relate to just one of the many development cycle methodologies that many software houses employ for rapid development. I mention this as whilst the bug may lie in the code the real failure here is the overarching process around changes to the code and its testing.

Simply put, you cant avoid bugs or errors in the code but you can and should have adequate testing and checking to ensure simple and rather blatant problems, like a miscalculation of points for leagues, doesn't make it to the general public especially when this isnt the first occurance of it happening.

The fact this is a repeating issue can really only mean a handful of things:

1) T10 does little or no testing before releasing updates to the general public
2) T10 employs non attentive and ineffective beta testers and/or testing processes
3) T10 willingly and knowingly release updates with significant flaws to the general public

It's complacent attitudes like yours which lend to companies like T10 carrying out #3 as though it's par for the course and we should all just accept it. I don't prescribe to that kind of thinking or drink the koolaid.

Sure obscure and infrequent bugs will always make their way into the wild, but an issue with league point scoring that affects nearly every single race and more than half the field - not to mention its not just the nascar league but all leagues.. thats just a massive embaressment which could and should have been avoided.

PS - care to point me to where T10 have acknowledged the issue, from my experience their customer communication is terrible and i'd love to know where your getting your info from
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 8:32:56 PM(UTC)

Peace

What gives the impression i believe it was intentional?

Mucked up to me means an error that could and should have been easily avoided had more care or diligence been taken.

I've written more than my fair share of complex code and i dare say i know more about development if you believe the issue here is code related. Do terms like agile, user stories and sprints mean anything to you? Well they do to me and relate to just one of the many development cycle methodologies that many software houses employ for rapid development. I mention this as whilst the bug may lie in the code the real failure here is the overarching process around changes to the code and its testing.

Simply put, you cant avoid bugs or errors in the code but you can and should have adequate testing and checking to ensure simple and rather blatant problems, like a miscalculation of points for leagues, doesn't make it to the general public especially when this isnt the first occurance of it happening.

The fact this is a repeating issue can really only mean a handful of things:

1) T10 does little or no testing before releasing updates to the general public
2) T10 employs non attentive and ineffective beta testers and/or testing processes
3) T10 willingly and knowingly release updates with significant flaws to the general public

It's complacent attitudes like yours which lend to companies like T10 carrying out #3 as though it's par for the course and we should all just accept it. I don't prescribe to that kind of thinking or drink the koolaid.

Sure obscure and infrequent bugs will always make their way into the wild, but an issue with league point scoring that affects nearly every single race and more than half the field - not to mention its not just the nascar league but all leagues.. thats just a massive embaressment which could and should have been avoided.

PS - care to point me to where T10 have acknowledged the issue, from my experience their customer communication is terrible and i'd love to know where your getting your info from

Erm, you forgot to say Bazinga...
Click for my YouTube channel >
YouTube/Xbox1Falcon
 9 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 12:42:21 PM(UTC)
A fix has just been pushed for this. You should see the correct points now in new sessions. Any older sessions will have to die off and still carry the points issue until they do.

Related and probably masked by this issue, some may or may not have noticed a change to how points are calculated. We moved the player count for points to the start of the race. This means you will no longer be penalized for people leaving the race after race start. If they start the race and leave, your points will count them in the final tally.
#40 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 12:48:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post

Related and probably masked by this issue, some may or may not have noticed a change to how points are calculated. We moved the player count for points to the start of the race. This means you will no longer be penalized for people leaving the race after race start. If they start the race and leave, your points will count them in the final tally.

Thanks for the quick fix and the much requested change in points calculations. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of people quitting races, which has been a bit of a problem this week in the historic muscle league.

#41 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 12:51:50 PM(UTC)
A fix has just been pushed for this. You should see the correct points now in new sessions. Any older sessions will have to die off and still carry the points issue until they do.

Excellent news, thank you Triton. 👍👍
#42 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 1:08:43 PM(UTC)
thank you so much Triton that is great news. It was really not fair to lose points to people who forfeit the race. Thanks for the quick fix on the league points issue as well.
#43 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 2:54:18 PM(UTC)
Well something in the NASCAR lobby is way out of whack. The races in one of the lobbies I was in was a open lobby where you are free to use any car you want!! Then there are no Quick Stops, no damage or wear. Then the Tracks are all over the place!! I raced at Le Man's & Top Gear circuits!!

Strange things indeed ! And don't worry nobody is getting points!!
I love Oval Racing. You don't? Well, not everybody can be perfect. I have forgotten more about NASCAR than most people know.
 3 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 3:09:20 PM(UTC)
We are looking into the issue. It's affecting all of MP.
#45 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 3:53:10 PM(UTC)

Thanks Triton, this is great news.

Peace
Fast is NOT celebrating a win after bumping your opponents off the track, or cutting corners.
Fast is overtaking your opponents, without incident, while staying within the regulation boundaries of the track.
#46 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 5:52:06 PM(UTC)
Amazing how some members of the online community jump on any exploit they can. Seeing people load up X class cars in b muscle leagues is a prime example how if everything isn't nailed down 100% tight how those without consience jump to exploit it.
This is s dilemma I don't envy devs having to deal with those who get a kick out acting like a twit and that includes corner cutters. We can all make the choice to choose the appropriate car and stay within the track can't we? Perhaps not....
Look forward to the fixes, thanks T10.
Click for my YouTube channel >
YouTube/Xbox1Falcon
#47 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 7:51:16 AM(UTC)
MP restrictions, League Points, etc should be back to normal now.
#48 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 9:57:26 AM(UTC)
Just a FYI. Before you make a comment on this post about not getting points. Please make sure the league was open. If you are racing while the league is closed you will not get points for any position you finish in. All you have to do is back out of the league check to see if there is a Red light or a Green light on the front screen. If it is Green the league is up and running and you will receive points if it is Red you can still race but you will not receive points.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error