5 Pages123>>Next
 8 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:28:32 AM(UTC)
In addition to the NASCAR Expansion, there's a Content Update going out today, which affects all players.

Quote:
HUD Proximity Arrows –
New on-screen HUD arrows will provide players with information on cars in close proximity. Especially useful for players who prefer to use cockpit or hood perspective when driving, these optional HUD proximity arrows indicate surrounding traffic and will give players that extra chance of avoiding costly wrecks.

Drafting and Drivatars –
Making the most of the draft is more important than ever in Forza Motorsport 6. Now, players will be able to feel the intense effects of the draft on their cars’ performance as they fight for every inch at close quarters. In addition, Forza Motorsport 6’s Drivatar opponents have been refined to manage the intricacies of tight pack racing at high speeds, where every inch counts.

Quick Stop –
In racing, victory has always required quick reflexes. Forza 6’s new Quick Stop feature means that strategy will play a bigger role than ever. In Quick Stop race mode, all cars are required to take at least one mandatory pit stop before the end of a race. As the race unfolds, choosing an early or late lap for your Quick Stop can be the difference between winning and losing.

Rolling Starts –
Now players will have the option to select a rolling starts option for races. Rolling starts offer an exciting alternative to traditional standing starts, giving the players the chance to experience the thrill of green flag starts at speed. Rolling starts also allow the grid to spread out, in turn reducing the number of first-corner accidents.

New Damage Option –
For Forza players that love endurance racing, we’ve added a brand new damage option – cosmetic damage with fuel and tire wear. This option is ideal for players who want to experience the challenge of racing long distances while their fuel burns down and tires gradually lose grip, without having to worry about a single crash disabling their car and ruining their race results.

Multiplayer Le Mans –
Le Mans has returned to online multiplayer! For the first time in Forza Motorsport 6 players will be able to race on Le Mans’ Old Mulsanne and Full Circuit ribbons in multiplayer hoppers and Leagues.
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:32:22 AM(UTC)
I've noticed the NASCAR cars have yellow lettering on the tyres. Will this be expanded to other tyre types?
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:33:04 AM(UTC)
I have some questions regarding the Content Update which I'm hoping somebody from Turn 10 can answer:

Quote:
Making the most of the draft is more important than ever in Forza Motorsport 6. Now, players will be able to feel the intense effects of the draft on their cars’ performance as they fight for every inch at close quarters.

1. Is this a blanket change to all game modes, including Multiplayer Hoppers?
2. Does this change how far behind a driver you can be before you get a "dirty lap"? Previously it was 100mph+ at 160ft or less.

Quote:
New on-screen HUD arrows will provide players with information on cars in close proximity.

3. Are these turned on by default?
4. Can they be used in Chase Cam?

Quote:
Quick Stop

5. Will this appear in Leagues and/or Hoppers?

Quote:
Now players will have the option to select a rolling starts option for races. Rolling starts also allow the grid to spread out, in turn reducing the number of first-corner accidents.

6. Will this be an enabled in any non-NASCAR Multiplayer Hoppers?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:33:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:38:40 AM(UTC)
Le Mans is back, oh yeah
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:40:39 AM(UTC)
i am very happy that we finally are getting rolling starts, but will it also be on for showcases like the iny 250 endurance? or the indycar races in career? or is it atleast an option? otherwise i think it is really pitty.because multiple showcaes and career championships be done the right way now, hopefully.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:46:25 AM(UTC)
It looks like the May Content Update is a good one. PJTierney, those are solid questions. If the updates don't apply only to NASCAR events, they could help cut down on a lot of the unintentional contact in multiplayer. I can't wait to give these features a try.
I know it doesn't address all of the complaints, but it does show that Turn 10 is trying to resolve issues AND provide more DLC.
Thanks Turn 10 and Microsoft Studios. I am looking forward to some NASCAR. Daytona, Indianapolis, Homestead, Sonoma, Watkins Glenn....am I missing any? Of course, tracks like Road America, Road Atlanta, LeMans and even Bernese Alps will be great NASCAR tracks, in my opinion. I'm sure other will as well.
Edit: Sebring, Silverstone, Laguna Seca, Bathurst, Lime Rock, Brands Hatch, Woooo Hoooo Boogity Boogity Boogity lets go racing. Let the fun begin.....again.

Peace

Edited by user Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:53:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fast is NOT celebrating a win after bumping your opponents off the track, or cutting corners.
Fast is overtaking your opponents, without incident, while staying within the regulation boundaries of the track.
 8 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:51:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
I have some questions regarding the Content Update which I'm hoping somebody from Turn 10 can answer:

Quote:
Making the most of the draft is more important than ever in Forza Motorsport 6. Now, players will be able to feel the intense effects of the draft on their cars’ performance as they fight for every inch at close quarters.

2. Does this change how far behind a driver you can be before you get a "dirty lap"? Previously it was 100mph+ at 160ft or less.

Quote:
New on-screen HUD arrows will provide players with information on cars in close proximity.

Quote:
Quick Stop

Quote:
Now players will have the option to select a rolling starts option for races. Rolling starts also allow the grid to spread out, in turn reducing the number of first-corner accidents.

Its a yes to all of them except number 2. I'll have to ask about number 2. On the MP side, I will be slowly rolling these new features (rolling starts and quick stops) into MP via Leagues. This worked well last time and then move them into the regular hoppers. It will be interesting to see where quickstops fit in for Leagues and Endurance Hoppers as well. Lastly after that big post PJ, not one word about Le Mans. :)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:52:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:51:13 AM(UTC)
WOW This is an amazing update. So many great features! I was worried some of this stuff would only be available in the NASCAR pack. Glad to see it is being added to the game as a whole.

Well done Turn10!!
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:52:37 AM(UTC)
Some breathtaking additions to the game. Can't wait.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:57:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quick Stop

Quote:

Its a yes to all of them except number 2. I'll have to ask about number 2. On the MP side, I will be slowly rolling these new features (rolling starts and quick stops) into MP via Leagues. This worked well last time and then move them into the regular hoppers. It will be interesting to see where quickstops fit in for Leagues and Endurance Hoppers as well. Lastly after that big post PJ, not one word about Le Mans. :)

Thanks for the quick answers, much appreciated.

2. is more of a minor curiosity since clean laps are important for grid positioning in Hoppers & Leagues.

As for Le Mans, thanks for that. Should make R and P-Class Hoppers more interesting at the very least :)

I haven't actively played Forza Motorsport 6 since the end of March due to the frequency of Lap 1 crashes in Hoppers, but I'll give the game another shot some time this week. If the majority of my races end up being clean, then I may get back into regular play. Hopefully these changes help in that regard.

No complaints from me content-wise, it's what people do with that content that frustrated me so much ;)
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:57:59 AM(UTC)
I am super excited to play this expansion. My racing buddies have been griping about some of the things y'all are fixing. It's been a long wait to see these things, but we're glad it's here. +1 to the Turn10/Microsoft crew for giving us these options. Hope to see more changes like these in the future. It makes me actually WANT to spend my money on this game.
member of 2O4F #8

I race ALMS, NASCAR, IMSA, and most other full blown racecars. I do some daily tuners as well. Very little drifting.

1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:06:10 AM(UTC)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quick Stop

Quote:

RBW Triton, how is it with the rolling starts in old showcasas like the indy 250 and career? can you turn it on? i know that i made a thread for it, but i hope to get an answer, i know its unlikely but i hope it is possible.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:13:46 AM(UTC)
Great update looking forward to seeing these features in the league racing particularly the mandatory stops, the races in pinnacle can be very close so should make for some really interesting final laps. As someone who always races in hood view the added indicators should also be a big help in avoiding people.
 8 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:16:58 AM(UTC)
still unable to choose cars for ai in private lobbies.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:35:06 AM(UTC)
Corner cutting still not addressed. Why did it take 9 months to fix Le Mans? Glad you fixed stuff but the corner cutting is really out of control in the ghost league and other places I'm sure

Edited by user Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:49:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:44:57 AM(UTC)
Well, those features are really great to have now.

The only thing I want to know now, as I am not at home, will these features find the way into singleplayer aswell?

Is it now possible to do GT Races with mandatory pitstops and rolling starts in freeplay?
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:48:18 AM(UTC)
Not relevant to this thread. Sorry about that!

Edited by user Tuesday, May 17, 2016 8:52:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:08:06 AM(UTC)
Nice update, thanks. I think the arrows will be very helpful in multiplayer, the "blind spots" seem to be a big cause of collisions.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:49:03 AM(UTC)
When is this going live for download? Nevermind its now.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:55:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:11:48 AM(UTC)
Erm can't select quick stop or rolling starts in any career races. Only freeplay which is dissapointing in my opinion
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:18:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DAT trashman Go to Quoted Post
Le Mans is back, oh yeah

This actually made my day. Missed Le Mans online so much. I actually noticed Monza full in r class lobbies last night which I had never seen. Sounds like an awesome content update especially rolling starts and the quick stop function

6 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:08:42 AM(UTC)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quick Stop

Quote:

Triton, as good as the rolling starts are. If you are using a wheel with a H-shifter, you have no idea what gear the car is on as you cross the line. It would be nice if you could show the onscreen tachometer, as it would alleviate that issue.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:11:26 AM(UTC)
I'm out of the Le Mans loop - why was this not included in online hoppers? Track cutting?
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:38:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theZOGster Go to Quoted Post
I'm out of the Le Mans loop - why was this not included in online hoppers? Track cutting?

It was in hoppers for the early release and was pulled when the game dropped for everyone. I don't think we got an official answer, but I always assumed it was because every time a race would start there half the cars would start going when the other half were just starting the 3.2.1 countdown.
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 12:06:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DAT trashman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: theZOGster Go to Quoted Post

It was in hoppers for the early release and was pulled when the game dropped for everyone. I don't think we got an official answer, but I always assumed it was because every time a race would start there half the cars would start going when the other half were just starting the 3.2.1 countdown.

So just some software bug? It's a big track, I can only assume it took a long time to load (this didn't happen with the Nurburgring or VIR?).

I know that in regular hoppers you can sit and wait for upwards of five minutes after the countdown screen, only to be dumped back in the lobby while half the field is in the race or just finsihing the race.

Bugs R Us!

But I'm sure it will be fixed in the next version of the game. Or maybe not.
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error