#1 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:07:10 PM(UTC)
The download Button is greyed out, it says "To use this app, you´ll need a device with more features"
[/URL]

I Have a EVGA GTX 560Ti
Intel i5 3750k at 3.4GHz,
and 8GB RAM.
I have downloaded all the new drivers
I don't know what else to do
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:10:50 PM(UTC)
What does your dxdiag say?

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
APEX FAQ: HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE

Make sure your system is ready
Windows 10 64-bit and Direct X version 12 are required in addition to the minimum hardware and 30GB drive space.
  1. Find your system specs: Windows key + R > dxdiag + Enter (see support.xbox.com)
  2. Update your Windows 10 software and drivers: Windows key > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update (s)
  3. Install the most recent video card driver for your system (see below)
  4. Set your app installation drive in Start > Settings > Storage > Save Locations (see below)
  5. Ready to Install the Xbox App and Forza Hub app for Windows 10 and Apex app from the Windows Store (see below)
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:43:18 PM(UTC)
Got the same problem.. it just seems that the problem is our DX Version.. it needs DX12 and our GTX (Same as you but mine is not Ti) still in 11.2 and still no support for DX12 Nvidia said it will support DX12 but they haven´t done it yet
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 4:08:59 PM(UTC)
I did the windows update and downloaded the latest drivers for my video card. Still says Directx11.3
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 4:36:23 PM(UTC)
It requires DX12 and Windows 10. If you have DX11 as you say then you need to upgrade.
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 4:52:29 PM(UTC)
Its through windows update right?
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 4:57:27 PM(UTC)
I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with DirectX 12 but it shows this app will not work on your device.
My PC specs are
Intel Core i5 3570K
8 GB of RAM
AMD Radeon R9 390

What is the problem?
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:01:37 PM(UTC)
I'm a bit confused, did you download the Nvidia Driver through WindowsUpdate? or through the Nvidia website itself?

Here is where you should get the latest Nvidia drivers.
http://www.nvidia.com/Do...oad/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Once you installed that, and you also have the latest WindowsUpdates on Windows10, you should be able to install the game through the WindowsStore.
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:25:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FC3Soup Go to Quoted Post

What NVidia says and does are two different things. There has been no update to the drivers to add DX12 for the Fermi cards..

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:10:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FC3Soup Go to Quoted Post

Nope, DX12 is already in Windows 10. You are however obliged to run the latest build of Windows which, in my case, is version 1511 (build 10586.218).

As a general pointer; if your PC has not been updated in the last month (OS, drivers, application), you should start there and make sure the latest updates/fixes are present.
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:15:52 PM(UTC)
Oooh you have a Fermi Geforce card. It could be that DX12 hasnt arrived for Fermi, hence why its at DX11.3. NVIDIA Kepler and Maxwell Cards support DX12 just fine.

Edit: Actually im not sure though, Geforce website says it does support DX12, although if yours says DX11.3 and can't update to DX12, Fermi support may have not arrived.

Edited by user Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:18:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:41:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VanquishX7 Go to Quoted Post
Edit: Actually im not sure though, Geforce website says it does support DX12, although if yours says DX11.3 and can't update to DX12, Fermi support may have not arrived.

+
Quote:
NVIDIA will support the DX12 API on all DX11-class GPUs it has shipped; these belong to the Fermi, Kepler and Maxwell architectural families. At launch, DirectX 12 is supported by all Maxwell and Kepler GPUs. Fermi will receive DX12 support later this year (expected around the first wave of DX12 content).

So, Nvidia posts random tables/statements on their site and now people are confused if their 560Ti can run DX12 titles. Even my most favorite hardware-sites still have the 560Ti listed as non-DX12 so I think that could answer the issue for the topicstarter.

#13 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:32:14 PM(UTC)
O.K....I'm so confused...it looks like all I need is DirectX 12...but how the heck do you update/download it? I currently have 11.2 but can't find a 12 update link?

I can't run/download the game. I have everything else I need. I have no clue when it comes to system requirement updates. Can someone help?
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:40:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post
O.K....I'm so confused...it looks like all I need is DirectX 12...but how the heck do you update/download it? I currently have 11.2 but can't find a 12 update link?

I can't run/download the game. I have everything else I need. I have no clue when it comes to system requirement updates. Can someone help?

DX12 is present in Windows 10 and for all good measure, you need to make sure you have build-number 1511 / 10586.318.

#15 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:59:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post

DX12 is present in Windows 10 and for all good measure, you need to make sure you have build-number 1511 / 10586.318.

O.K. my system shows 1511 / 10586.....without the .318. I'm guessing that's my problem? How do you force Windows 10 to update to 10586.318?

I've even installed the latest AMD driver updates so I guess I have to wait longer?

Thanks for the reply, by the way.

I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:26:48 PM(UTC)

O.K. my system shows 1511 / 10586.....without the .318. I'm guessing that's my problem? How do you force Windows 10 to update to 10586.318?

http://catalog.update.mi.../Search.aspx?q=KB3156421 -> ONLY to be visited with Internet Explorer or using a WSUS / WSUSOffline package.
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:43:20 PM(UTC)

http://catalog.update.mi.../Search.aspx?q=KB3156421 -> ONLY to be visited with Internet Explorer or using a WSUS / WSUSOffline package.

Um...O.K...tried that link. All I get is a blank screen with a blue background, a globe with the words "Microsoft Update Catalog" and no options to click on. Doesn't look like the site is working.

*Sigh* it's always nice when Turn 10/Microsoft adds 1000 points to forza rewards for a game I can't even play. I worked hard to max out my score. This is something that should have been thought of. Seems that many in the player base can't even play the game, from what I can tell on various forums discussing the game.

#18 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:02:58 PM(UTC)

Um...O.K...tried that link. All I get is a blank screen with a blue background, a globe with the words "Microsoft Update Catalog" and no options to click on. Doesn't look like the site is working.

Site works though; in case you need, here is a direct download for the KB:
http://download.windowsu...7f77da54801a6b87f275.msu (for 64-bit systems)
http://download.windowsu...84ba995509fefb432f10.msu (for 32-bit systems)

FYI: the 1000 Rewards-points have been mentioned before; afaik they will NOT influence your Tier-statistics, payout in other Forza-games and so on. Cannot comment on the future of Tiering/Rewards when Forza comes to the PC officially.

Notification

Icon
Error