3 Pages123PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:59:12 PM(UTC)
Great post John! I really want to see the Aussie v8 races. Where can I watch them?

GT: LDSLamboSV
Unicorn: FM4 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:05:32 PM(UTC)
Great RVM, looking forward to the V8 supercars really close racing hopefully the new cars can keep up!
GT:GT DRIVER JS
FM4 Unicorn Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:08:54 PM(UTC)
You can watch V8 Supercars here http://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8live/schedule

They make you pay to watch them live, but you can watch replays for free.

John
Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:33:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: johniwanna Go to Quoted Post
Hey Everyone,

I totally missed that Volvo is also down with the V8 Supercars series. It wasn't mention in any of the articles I read. I guess because they were too focused on the Nissan story.

So yay! Volvo in V8 Supercars. I love me some Volvo! I have owned 6 or 7 of them and loved every one. Friggin' racing tanks, they are!

My apologies for the missed bit.

John

This is awesome!! Its alway good to see tanks racing. Now they just need to bring back the wagon in BTCC and with honda having the civic wagon it can be a BTWC (British touring wagon champions)
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:27:47 PM(UTC)
Nascar has started excitement for those who enjoy it and boring for those who don't,like me =D. I don't find nascar fun to watch on tv like baseball. I prefer seeing other races like formula 1 and where there isn't left turns. Thanks to all those vets out there for protecting out country(and other countries for those of u who r in another country). One day I will become a Marine like my dad only an Officer =D.
GT:A55A551N VLAD
Unicorn: 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera FM4
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:21:33 PM(UTC)
Mmm, Daytona is not my favourite event by far, but any excuse to look at monster cars is a good excuse.

GT: Oscar RD87
FM4 Unicorn: 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:15:56 PM(UTC)
You can watch V8 Supercars here http://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8live/schedule

They make you pay to watch them live, but you can watch replays for free.

John

SWEET!

I missed the free replays, that is awesome! I'll just have to stay offline the day of the races till the replay is available. Shhhhh….. Nobody tell me what happens.

#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:08:39 PM(UTC)
Great article and great videos. I especially like the video of the V8 Supercars which I like a lot more then Stock cars since they are properly working cars with working headlights and windshield wipers and they drive in all types of weather conditions. Plus like someone already mentioned before me Stock car racing is pretty boring since almost all races take place on racing ovals.

GT: PeterGriffin197
UC: 2010 Saleen S5S Raptor (FH)
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:56:48 PM(UTC)
Thanks for another great RVM John!

I watched a show on tv last night called Richard Hammonds crash course. Its were Richard tries to lern different jobs in a limited time. And last night he tried to be a pitcrew member at a indie 500 race and it didnt go so well. The amount of work that these mechanics do is incredible and this makes me want to watch the indie 500 even more. Its not just racing the car, its all the work that goes in to the car to keep it running.

Gt: rallykrabba
Fm4: unicorn: 2007 ford shelby gt 500
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:52:51 AM(UTC)
Happy to see RVM!
Thanks for sharing!
Daytona is a cool race.

GT randy768
FM4 HONDA NSX-R GT
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:30:50 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the RVM, I don´t like Nascar,but the V8 are monsters cars!!!thanks for V8 aussies online link!!!
GT:ATG Longueron
FM4:Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A/Ferrari Challenge Stradale

Edited by user Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:42:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:33:57 AM(UTC)
Great RVM again John, now on to the Rivals for this month!

I'm having a major change in my employment this month, so I've been way behind in the rival racing department...

In the VIP, you don't appear to have done much, but I've got you beat in all of them except the Drag and Drift races (haven't looked at them to see if you've gotten anything yet)
In the Monthly, I've done the hot hatch one (auto cross at Road Atlanta), the Hot Lap one at Top Gear course, and one other I can't remember right now. You should have rival challenge notices in your mail. ;)

GT: Geminstorm2
FM4: 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:52:29 AM(UTC)
Great coverage on Daytona and Aussie V8 ! Thanks for this RVM. Can i request my first Unicorn here?

Gamertag: Iglad92
F4 Unicorn: Top Secret Supra 0-300
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:53:46 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the reminder Gemini. I will hop in there and set some times. It has been a busy and challenging month for me outside the office.

Happy Weds folks, I hope you FM5 ers are enjoying the new Road America pack. I sure am.

John
Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:11:14 AM(UTC)
Another great read John. I always liked races at Daytona.
GT: NotoriousIy
FM4 Uni: 1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe
#41 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:20:21 AM(UTC)
As always, thanks for putting this together John. Funny how the Daytona pole always seems to get people's attention. Last year it was Danica-mania and this year the #3 gets it in surprising (at least for me) fashion. Looking forward to the race the Duels tomorrow night and the race this weekend.

Aussie V8 highlights are always welcome and I will endeavor to "youtube" race highlights as the year progresses.

Cheers all!

GT - UvilleBill

FM4 Unicorn Request: 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
#42 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:47:48 AM(UTC)

Happy Weds folks, I hope you FM5 ers are enjoying the new Road America pack. I sure am.

John

Road America is awesome......again!!!!!!!!!

First thing I did was jump in the 787B and wind it up for a race in free play. That car and track were made for each other.

shortcut
#43 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:55:41 PM(UTC)
Yeah V8 Supercars with Volvo in it. I'm exited to see what their pace is. They ran that car for a few yeas in the Swedis Touring Car Championship (TTA or STCC).
And amazing artwork from Lazarus Jackson there.

GT: Freheliaz
FM 4 Unicorn Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Swordfish Motorsport
ORL and TORA

FM4 Unicorns 17/17!
#44 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:38:06 PM(UTC)
Really enjoyed this RVM, keep it up!

Oh, and I love the Daytona 500, makes me want to break out Daytons USA.

GT: poppunknerd182
FM4 Unicorn: 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Thanks!
#45 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:01:48 PM(UTC)
Ahhhhh that photo contest is awesome! I absolutely love it I have GOT to get my hands on FM5 it looks absolutely beautiful. Very talented photographers there, glad I got to see that :)

It's funny about Holdens, I didn't know they existed before I started playing FM and now my go to R3 is a Holden, I love driving them in the game. This is what Iove about Forza and John's articles, I'm always learning something!

GT HideosPlayhouse

FM4 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
#46 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:08:29 AM(UTC)
Great thing from TORA. But better they could had Assists to ANY as then the step in for people to drive with this event is bigger. On assists it's a no go for me (no ABS), also I can never manage a second driver anymore and donators.
#47 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:44:31 AM(UTC)
Great RVM John. I don't like NASCAR, but the V8 super car race looks cool. Thanks for the link and many thanks for fixing the mishap with my last request. I really appreciate it.

GT: Distortion808

FM4: 2002 Mugen Integra Type R
FM4: 1993 MINES R32 Skyline GTR
#48 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:41:51 AM(UTC)
Good to see the #3 back on the track, kind of mixed feelings on it though. Maybe it should have been retired for one of the best drivers ever, but I'm not a huge follower of NASCAR, so I'm not even sure if they retire car numbers. Great RVM though!!

GT: Grod182
Unicorn (FM4): BMW M3-GTR
#49 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:05:30 AM(UTC)
Hey John, another great article, I had an old VW dune buggy years ago, it had the van rear axle so it was awesome for clearance off road, but the fun came too an end when my brakes went out on it, and when we tried too remove the rear wheels I found out they were seized on for life...lol, so that was the end of my toy. I always enjoy the Aussie V8's...being a chevy guy I'm impressed with all the fastest times being set by the Holdens, but I have no specific favorite in that series. Nascar on the other hand is my obsession lol, I even watched the first live race on TV with the big fight at the end. I was a hard core Earnhart fan long before he won any of his championships, it was awesome watching him duel with Tim Richmond...he drove the 25 folgers coffee for Hendricks...for those who don't know He died of Aids from too much fooling around and partying. Now I'm a Dale Jr fan. I have no issues with Dillon driving the 3 car...I just hope he keep's his ego in check and doesn't start acting like Kyle Bush !! I'm anxious for the duel races tonight....Go Dale Jr !!!!!!

GT hipwader62x

unicorn F4 2004 Mugen Civic Type-R
#50 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:11:58 PM(UTC)
New races = New excitement. That is all.

GT: Bugattiman15
Uni: FM4 - 2007 GT500
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error