72 Pages<<6364656667>>PrevNext
#1601 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 1:08:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I have a really good idea............lets have all rain races for the last league races. I mean it would not be any different than any other race.

Actually Hatch in the rain is one of my most favorite races. I seem to have it down pretty good and look forward to it popping up.

I know, it's great isn't it? It really teaches control.

I love rain-tracks; not in the least place because I live in a country where we have rain/snow basically 7 months a year on & off and (foolishly) I refuse to run allweather/winter rubber so not writing off an Evo or A6 really takes concentration, hahaha...

And on that note; I just fired up FM6 to check the Leaderboard for the Leagues and I got promoted to Pinnacle for other open Leagues. Means I got my work cut out next time I choose to play Leagues and gather some more money.

Well, where I live we are going on 6 1/2 months cold weather. That's why I can get in more..........................RACING!!!!!!!!
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#1602 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 1:26:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I have a really good idea............lets have all rain races for the last league races. I mean it would not be any different than any other race.

Actually Hatch in the rain is one of my most favorite races. I seem to have it down pretty good and look forward to it popping up.

I know, it's great isn't it? It really teaches control.

I love rain-tracks; not in the least place because I live in a country where we have rain/snow basically 7 months a year on & off and (foolishly) I refuse to run allweather/winter rubber so not writing off an Evo or A6 really takes concentration, hahaha...

And on that note; I just fired up FM6 to check the Leaderboard for the Leagues and I got promoted to Pinnacle for other open Leagues. Means I got my work cut out next time I choose to play Leagues and gather some more money.

When you just got the promotion, it would be really easy and fast to get a demotion back. ;)

4 users liked this post.
#1603 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 1:29:31 PM(UTC)
I'm just glad the series is almost over and I can abandon league and multiplayer in general. Don't get me wrong there have been some really great races and some good people out there but there are others (many at the top of the leaderboard) who just cannot for any reason allow someone faster to pass them without sideswiping them in the hopes they will lose control.

I do believe part of it is the game itself and the devs confused vision of how the physics should operate. The single player mode teaches you to bump, sideswipe tap, pitt maneuver etc. with pretty much no consequence and then you get pinball physics in multiplayer. I was finishing up some cars in free play and took the hummer out for a quick run. A sunbeam tiger was challenging on the inside and so I leaned into it, and nothing! He went toe to toe without any deviation from holding the race line. Now we all know what would have happened if the same thing occurred in the lobbies, total destruction of the tiger.

Make the physics consistent for both single and multi-player with the same reaction, damage and consequences and maybe, just maybe, some of the newer or less experienced will learn to drive better before going against real people.
 3 users liked this post.
#1604 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 2:29:41 PM(UTC)
I'm glad that's over had some good races Sunday wish I'd have stopped there, tonight's was awful, quite a few drivers I've never raced with before which is surprising after a month. These were not clean by any stretch so straight away I was nervous going in to turns and at the start of races. I believe once they get to you in that way your driving goes to bits.

Any way thanks to all that I've raced with over the last few weeks made some new pals , hopefully got better at driving and not upset to many when I have been bad as I have apologised a lot.
 1 user liked this post.
#1605 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 4:30:18 PM(UTC)
The Lamborghini league is the first league I have raced in and I admit other than the horrendus connection problems I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope the connection problems will be looked at by T10. This time I will settle for my rival cars but I will continue to try and I have already recieved a promotion from enthusiast to professional . I think there will always be race spoilers who think they have got to first at the first corner and corner cutters . So thanks you guys I recognise some the gamer tags here and have enjoyed your company on the track.
#1606 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 10:54:11 PM(UTC)
Would anyone be so kind to find me on the Elite League and post my rank after closing-time (which is in about 5 minutes)? Think I should be somewhere between 50 and 100 position.
 2 users liked this post.
#1607 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:40:24 PM(UTC)
Also glad this thing is ending :)
All the constant crashers that would do it on purpose started to get to me. I almost gave up on this last week. I did a few races on Friday, got in the top 40%, then had no time until Sunday and slid down to 63% with around 13k points I think. But I had some motivational music in my headset and managed to get a few good races and gather 26k on Monday evening and ended around top 28%.
Looking forward to seeing what the Ultimate car looks like. If there will be one weekend only leagues again, sure. But six weeks?! Never again :D
 1 user liked this post.
#1608 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:42:08 PM(UTC)
Would anyone be so kind to find me on the Elite League and post my rank after closing-time (which is in about 5 minutes)? Think I should be somewhere between 50 and 100 position.

You were 67th on 56,400 points.
@CWMotorsport69 on Twitter. I have no idea why...
 1 user liked this post.
#1609 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:44:16 PM(UTC)

You are at rank 67 of 529 with 56400 points.
[Edit: BumpyD beat me to it as I was looking...]

Edited by user Monday, April 11, 2016 11:46:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Explaining double response to request.

#1610 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:54:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BumpyD Go to Quoted Post

You were 67th on 56,400 points.

+
Originally Posted by: GDane42 Go to Quoted Post

You are at rank 67 of 529 with 56400 points.
[Edit: BumpyD beat me to it as I was looking...]

Cheers lads; not too bad after my bad (connections) experience on Friday & Saturday.

Want to express sincerely that I loved the idea of the Leagues and thanks to everyone for making it possible. The idea and legacy towards Lamborghini was well thought out; it's one of the premium marques (in my opinion) and after visiting the factory last year, I was hyped to race these leagues!

Also, to everyone I raced against in the last weeks (Elite League); thanks for putting up with me and some of the mishaps. For the most of the time I enjoyed close & fast racing with a good amount of you guys/girls; the few wreckers aside, it was a very nice experience to participate in. Made some new friends/followers on my gamertag and no doubt we'll bump into eachother sooner or later.
 1 user liked this post.
#1611 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:01:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eldermc808 Go to Quoted Post
I'm glad that's over had some good races Sunday wish I'd have stopped there, tonight's was awful, quite a few drivers I've never raced with before which is surprising after a month. These were not clean by any stretch so straight away I was nervous going in to turns and at the start of races. I believe once they get to you in that way your driving goes to bits.

Any way thanks to all that I've raced with over the last few weeks made some new pals , hopefully got better at driving and not upset to many when I have been bad as I have apologised a lot.

I know that feeling very good, except that my good races were Saturday. When I tried to play Sunday, it was so bad, that I stopped and gave up my 100k goal, before my bad racing infect others, when I unintentionally took them out or so.

#1612 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:05:31 AM(UTC)
I only get mad when I am taken out of a race, but it feels worse to just break a bit slower than the one in front and clip their corner, sending the car into the sand or tyre walls.
I know I did it a few times, every time unintentionally, so apologies if you find yourself among those I've bumped.
 1 user liked this post.
#1613 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:11:24 AM(UTC)
I have just made the leaderboards with Top 49%, 132/269 in Professional. I could not dedicate my whole weekend to racing, had other pressures. Did a couple more events after the lobby closed, just to make sure. I have encountered a lot of good clean racers in this event, more than the Ferrari League event. ajd440ex38 is spot on with his comments.

Thanks to Dan who sent a message with my position earlier today. You are a Gentleman Racer.

.....oh, we have ice all year round.........comes out of the freezer and goes into our drinks, even when it gets a bit cool and we put jackets on, still have ice in our drinks...... ;)
HSV
I just want one!
#1614 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:52:42 AM(UTC)
I'm so glad the Lamborghini Leagues are finally finished, and I can stop grinding for the final 2 Huricans (have a clean lap on Road America Rivals). For whatever reason, to me, the car we had to use in season 2 was a piece of junk, to me. I could not for the life of me get the wheel spin under control on throttle. No matter where I set my rear diff settings and springs, and tire pressures. Nothing seemed to work.

So for Week 2 and 3, I only raced enough to make it in the top 50% to be assured of the cars, and that's it. Between the ill handling car (for me), and the intentional wreckers, the Lambo League has aged me 10 years in 6 weeks. It was better in Season 1, in my opinion, as the first ST was AWD, and handled better for me. But with the Hurican in week 2, with the horrendous wheel spin, and spinning when applying brakes, when they are set to 90% front bias, and no brake lock up, something's not right. I will never drive that Hurican again, unless they update the car to let us do the AWD conversion.

I think for the next Unicorn car that has league racing for the unlock, they should do a ghost league for it. The fast will stay fast, the slow will be slow, and no one intentionally wrecking people. That would take care of a lot of the problems I dealt with during the last 6 weeks. Having Collisions on and Sim damage on for Pro, Elite, and Pinnacle was a wrecker's paradise, which is stupid in my opinion. But with the way the points work in the leagues, it doesn't matter. Intentionally wreck someone, damage your car, pit and finish in the back, you can get as much, if not more than the winner gets, which is asinine.

The league points system should be uniform, like in F1, or NASCAR. And for every bump, intentional or not, some points should be taken away. Cutting corners, some points should be taken away. For clean laps, a few bonus points would be added. For the fast lap of the race, bonus points for that. That would weed out SOME wreckers, but not all. But, it won't get changed anytime in the near future, I fear.

But back on topic here. For the most part, the Lambo Leagues have been fun, despite the wreckers and the ill handling car called the Hurican. The rivals for the cars were fun too. Taught me a lot on how to try to drive the Hurican, but couldn't get the feel I needed for good times (only managed bronze liveries for weeks 1&2, but managed silver for week 3, as soon as I get it). Got silver liveries in all rivals events in season 1. That car handled like a dream for me, it fit my driving style.
 2 users liked this post.
#1615 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:28:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JTerk438 Go to Quoted Post

I think for the next Unicorn car that has league racing for the unlock, they should do a ghost league for it. The fast will stay fast, the slow will be slow, and no one intentionally wrecking people.

yeah it might solve a problem but it would be the most boring league ever....

some of the most memorable races I have had for this are the ones I have been battling for position with other players.

ghost league for a unicorn would just be the fastest winning every time with none of the slower careful drivers getting a nose in with the points difference.

#1616 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 3:12:26 AM(UTC)
Anyone care to post my finishing position in pinnacle. Stuck in work for the next several hours.
I was on 49000 points I believe, what was the final cutoff? I thought I'd done enough but missed the last session since it was from Midnight to 6 am for me.

All in all really enjoyed the lamborghini series, thanks T10. There was some great racing to be had in the leagues some of the best I've had.
Last night wasn't too pretty though, probably a bit of last minute desperation.
 2 users liked this post.
#1617 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 3:58:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LevelWarrior576 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone care to post my finishing position in pinnacle. Stuck in work for the next several hours.
I was on 49000 points I believe, what was the final cutoff? I thought I'd done enough but missed the last session since it was from Midnight to 6 am for me.

All in all really enjoyed the lamborghini series, thanks T10. There was some great racing to be had in the leagues some of the best I've had.

You will be safe I was racing the last hour & the cutoff was about 32k I finished with about 41k & was in 91st spot & the cutoff was 116th

We actually managed to knock Jonk from t10 out of the 50% in the last race by letting someone through who was just outside the 50, It was actually funny watching most of the field pit for no reason.

1 user liked this post.
#1618 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:02:17 AM(UTC)
Thank You T10 for the awesome series, 6 weeks, I must say that is impressive, I do not play MP because of the bash and crash . I think the damage on was a very good idea. It really did help. I think. I believe more than 50% got it and the rest, they will probably continue to bash and crash. I met a few good racers, and made a few friends, ( I hope). I hope you keep up the great challenges in the future, because it gives me some racing to do other than MP and Career. I think the cars were an absolute joy to drive, and thank you for putting them in there for us. I do not believe 1000 claps is enough, so I applauded you with 2000 claps. Thank You T10. Keep up the awesome job and I am looking forward to the next one.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#1619 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:20:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HelluvaStingray Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LevelWarrior576 Go to Quoted Post

You will be safe I was racing the last hour & the cutoff was about 32k I finished with about 41k & was in 91st spot & the cutoff was 116th

We actually managed to knock Jonk from t10 out of the 50% in the last race by letting someone through who was just outside the 50, It was actually funny watching most of the field pit for no reason.

Thanks @HelluvaStingray! I was worried everyone would pull all nighters and pass me by.

That's hilarious about Jonk. I noticed he was on the border earlier on.
#1620 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:45:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: James Jas85 Go to Quoted Post

I think for the next Unicorn car that has league racing for the unlock, they should do a ghost league for it. The fast will stay fast, the slow will be slow, and no one intentionally wrecking people.

some of the most memorable races I have had for this are the ones I have been battling for position with other players.

ghost league for a unicorn would just be the fastest winning every time with none of the slower careful drivers getting a nose in with the points difference.

James, I agree about not ghosting the next league. The damage, for me, is the best of 2 evils. LOL. Without damage I don't think I am fast enough to be in the Top 50% and as it was I spent a lot of time there to get the prize livery, ( although many top players spent a whole lot more than me).
Gosh I had fun though!!!! I have met some wonderful clean and yet competitive racers and hooked back up with some friends I had not raced with in a long time. I really hope we can do something like this again as to me this is what sets the Forza franchise apart from their compatition! I did like the stock cars better than the tuned ones but there should be a tuning part too like they did. The stock car was easier for me to know when people were going to brake and how much distance to give. With tunes I have ran across a few that built their car up for drags on the straights at the expense of brakes so they were starting to slow way before me. That sometimes made it challenging to stay as clean as I want to drive. Not their fault but mine as I wouldn't get slowed down enough because my braking area was much deeper in the corner. Sorry to any I may have tapped in the back in corners!
 8 users liked this post.
#1621 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:58:56 AM(UTC)
In my opinion, the Super Trofeo League was a big success. It was a great way to introduce a new car, offer unicorn opportunities that were easily attainable, and bring the community together for mostly good, fun racing.
Sure, there were a few bumps in the road, and a few people who tried their best to ruin it for everyone. But, generally speaking, people seemed to have a good time, communicate well and enjoy some racing.
Thanks, Turn 10, for being creative with this league and adding a little spark to the game. I'm looking forward to more leagues like this in the future. In my opinion, the unicorn prize cars motivate more people to participate in events they would otherwise ignore.
I would also like to thank all of the clean, respectful racers I encountered during this league. I've tried to add all of you to my friends list, and hope to see you all on the track again soon. I'm hoping for another league with unicorn prize cars. Something in the D Class through A Class would interest me most, but I'm up for whatever they throw at us.
The one big takeaway from this league, for me, was seeing how several drivers (including me) learned and became better as the season went on.
Kudos to Turn 10 and all the participants.

Peace
Fast is NOT celebrating a win after bumping your opponents off the track, or cutting corners.
Fast is overtaking your opponents, without incident, while staying within the regulation boundaries of the track.
 2 users liked this post.
#1622 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:01:51 AM(UTC)
+1 to all that.

Great racing overall. I will miss it.

thanks T10.
 1 user liked this post.
#1623 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:05:58 AM(UTC)
It was a good concept; I didn't do much racing but I thought this was a good way to get people involved in Rivals/Multiplayer while also offering up some neat rewards.

Hopefully they do something similar in the future.
 2 users liked this post.
#1624 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:19:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: James Jas85 Go to Quoted Post

I second that. Ghost leagues are boring in my opinion, and only create bad habits. Like ignoring every other car on the track. Racing has contact. It's supposed to be limited, incidental contact, but it is contact.
Changing the leagues to Ghost, because of intentional wreckers, is like surrendering to the demands of terrorists.
I got frustrated with the wreckers too, but I tried hard to learn how to best avoid them and how to report the most obvious ones.
It is sad that many of the top people on the leaderboard seem to be the most overly aggressive, intentional wreckers. It seemed like they became more aggressive as the event drew to a close. But, I hope Turn 10 doesn't cave in to the pressure and ghost the leagues. That would ruin it for me.

Peace
Fast is NOT celebrating a win after bumping your opponents off the track, or cutting corners.
Fast is overtaking your opponents, without incident, while staying within the regulation boundaries of the track.
 1 user liked this post.
#1625 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:27:36 AM(UTC)
It is finished, the battle is over; it is finished there will be no more races. It is finished, the end of the competition; it is finished and I prevailed !!!!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

72 Pages<<6364656667>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error