10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:57:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Frubezy Go to Quoted Post
I wish theyd do car packs with fairness in mind. This pack contains at least 2 C class, 2 A's an S and a P. Not a single R class, which is a joke. Yes i like the pack and yes ill get my moneys worth, but hows this pack fair on the guys that race more in R and S classes. The last 2-3 packs have been littered with C's B's and A's.
Still no DTM's which ive been praying for for months now, no aston gt3, no m6 gt3, no ford GTLM.
Im not saying no one uses the lower class as a lot of people do, i just think the packs lean too much towards the lower end of the spectrum.
We get the FXX K and its in low P, totally useless in hoppers. This is an R900 all day.
I think for fairness, each pack of 7 should contain at least one of each class. D,C,B,A,S,R,P or remove a P for an E etc etc. This make it fair and everyone has at least one car that they may actually have a genuine use for competitively. Il enjoy playing around with these cars but its sad that theres not at least one R class in this pack when after all it is 'motorsport'

I think you'll see the Rolls Royce Aircraft Carrier in S/R class hoppers shortly, terrorising everything.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:58:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:05:29 AM(UTC)
Well the FXX K is a real terror on the track. Shame it's a low-P class/ there isn't a dedicated division (Megacar ? Extreme Track toys ?) for this car and the One:1.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:09:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speed Demon996 Go to Quoted Post
I see a lot of opinions about people's thoughts on the car selection but not a single one on how they sound or handle.

I'm especially interested in the sound. Does the Charger Hellcat have the same tranny whine bug as the Challenger Hellcat? **No, its not the supercharger whine, but the tranny whine that gets louder as you shift to higher gears and stays at the same volume even though the car is half a mile away from the camera in replays**

How does the FXX sound? Did it get the short-end like the LaFerrari?

If these cars sound spot on, then I guess I don't mind picking them up. Though I'm getting tired of all the Rolls, SUVs, vans etc. The game seems to be losing its motorsport roots with each game and DLC pack. Wish it would be restricted to 'cars worthy of racing'. The extras like these non-track cars can be offered as free DLC? Just a thought.

You should peep the trailer. If those sounds were not edited in the trailer then all these cars will sound excellent.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:11:22 AM(UTC)
Damn u guys will never be satisfied. This pack is a helluva lot better than previous packs that's for sure. Stop crying there are tons of cars in the game. The FFX K is a sick car.
 4 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:16:24 AM(UTC)
Was browsing the galery and found out tha they also sneaked a 2008 Ferrari California into the game, went to a private online lobby to check it out, and is not buyable plus the AI can't drive it.

So yeah, probably next unicorn car right there.

stuff

Edited by user Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:26:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#81 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:18:25 AM(UTC)
No release notes as usual? They used to publish that with every update.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:18:40 AM(UTC)
Some of these cars are atrocious. There's not one good reason to have that RR, the Land Rover is boring and that new Jaguar is uninspired for a racing game. I'll usually support the packs out of desperation to keep content coming, but I have serious issues with some of the choices.

This is of course, my humble opinion. I love Forza.

After playing, I love the Audi, don't think I even like anything else.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:55:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:24:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boxxout Go to Quoted Post
Was browsing the galery and found out tha they also sneaked a 2008 Ferrari California into the game, went to a private online lobby to check it out, and is not buyable plus the AI can't drive it.

So yeah, probably next unicorn car right there.

Im so excited for this because i literally havent stopped racing the 2014 model we already have in the game... 🙄

1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:27:34 AM(UTC)
Just for the Ferrari and Jaguar I'll buy the pack.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#85 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:30:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The MasterMedic Go to Quoted Post
And seriously, bashing Horizon as a 'kiddie' game, and implying it was the motivation for them to add these vehicles (when Forza has had trucks in DLC since 4, which was out long before the first Horizon)? Grow up.

Horizon is a kiddie game. I've had enough kids over to prove it. It's not a bad thing though. Kiddie games are fun sometimes because they are easy, amusing, and relaxing. My personal favs are the lego games.

Trucks and tanks are fine if they make sense in the FM series. These don't. An f150 lightning, ok I can understand that.
 1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:34:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
Was expecting a bit more of this car pack. Well at least it's not only old junk.

Explaination:

The Ferrari FXC K is pretty much a LaFerrari

The Rolls Royce Dawn is pretty much like the Wraith with no roof.

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat is like the standard Charger

The Range Rover is loke the other Range rover (Cant remember the name)

1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:34:59 AM(UTC)
Almost all of you are babies. Stop raging just because YOUR favorite car isn't in this pack. They gave us a beautiful RR. A fierce Ferarri. They completed the Hellcat twins. Project 7?! Are you serious? That's amazing! Stop your whining. If you don't like the cars then you don't like them. Get over it and yourself.
 5 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:36:26 AM(UTC)
If there were 10,000 cars and 1,000 tracks there would still be complaints. It's not like this pack effects anyone. It's not part of the pre-paid season pass, so if you don't like the cars just don't buy it. They could come out with a May pack that includes the Shaggin Wagon from Dumb & Dumber and the Flintstones car and they do not effect anyone.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:37:37 AM(UTC)
Just bought the pack and I LOVE the FXX K!

A bit challenging aesthetically but that car around Spa = no can defend.
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:58:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Almost all of you are babies. Stop raging just because YOUR favorite car isn't in this pack. They gave us a beautiful RR. A fierce Ferarri. They completed the Hellcat twins. Project 7?! Are you serious? That's amazing! Stop your whining. If you don't like the cars then you don't like them. Get over it and yourself.

This is a discussion forum and most of these cars suck! And I'm not even crying.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:10:57 AM(UTC)
Very very nice car pack in my opinion, really digging the modern theme of this one. A good balance from all the classic vehicles and race vehicles we already have, many of which I haven't even touched.
 3 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:16:08 AM(UTC)
Why? There is no need for the majority of these cars to be in the game, I can see 3 wrecking cars that can be used in lobbies to spin racers. The Ferrari FXXK should not be in P class and is absolutely useless for any lobbies. Clearly, the priorities set should be changed so that there are PROPPER cars in the game that are very good for lobbies. I mean, there are a lot of people in the racing community that want RACE CARS like the GT1's, DTM, Super GT, IMSA GTO cars, more from the Can Am category etc. Where have these cars all gone?? And also the Ferrari F50 GT. It will make all of our lives easier if these cars were added to the game to make the majority of people happy and make life easier. I hope that T10 reads this statement for the racing community's sake and add these cars to the game and return the game to its glory days like Forza 4.

Thank you.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:16:11 AM(UTC)
I've bought the car pass but for some reason I haven't been given the cars from the top gear car pack? Any ideas why?
#94 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:24:38 AM(UTC)
FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT THE PACK, DID THEY GET THE SOUNDS RIGHT FOR ANY OF THE CARS?? THAT THE DEAL BREAKER FOR ME. THANKS
 7 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:28:43 AM(UTC)
I love the masses of people that blindly support anything that gets released.

Disappointment is allowed, and as long as it's put across constructively, should be up for fair discussion.

For example, my reasons for not really caring about this pack:

- Whilst the FXX K is a pretty interesting car, it's not a whole lot more than a track-focused LaFerrari

- The F-Type P7, whilst being a pretty nice car in the real world, won't offer much different to the F-Type R already in FM6

- The Rolls Dawn is identical to the Wraith mechanically, and in a game, the convertible element doesn't warrant being added back in

- The RR SVR is actually quite a lot different to the RR already in game - the Sport uses a different chassis to a standard Ranger Rover - it's almost certainly going to be unusable online

- I actually like the R8 V10+ but this pack just has too many variations/updates of cars we already have

- Anything Chris Evans has been near loses all interest in my mind

Twitter: @RyHirons
#96 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:39:36 AM(UTC)
(not that my opinion matters, but..) deadlycowpat95, I found your review of the pack to be a fair and constructive review of the Top Gear Pack. You offered reasons WHY you thought each car was a good or not so good addition to the game.

btw, I totally agree with your Chris Evans comment....

Edited by user Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:40:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:40:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JSR Rossi Go to Quoted Post
Why? There is no need for the majority of these cars to be in the game, I can see 3 wrecking cars that can be used in lobbies to spin racers. The Ferrari FXXK should not be in P class and is absolutely useless for any lobbies. Clearly, the priorities set should be changed so that there are PROPPER cars in the game that are very good for lobbies. I mean, there are a lot of people in the racing community that want RACE CARS like the GT1's, DTM, Super GT, IMSA GTO cars, more from the Can Am category etc. Where have these cars all gone?? And also the Ferrari F50 GT. It will make all of our lives easier if these cars were added to the game to make the majority of people happy and make life easier. I hope that T10 reads this statement for the racing community's sake and add these cars to the game and return the game to its glory days like Forza 4.

Thank you.

Hallelujah, glad someone else agrees

#98 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:48:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post
Well the FXX K is a real terror on the track.

Shame indeed; it won't be competitive at P/998 and if it can be downgraded to R/900 it'll be severely outclassed by the leaderboard cars in that class.

Much like the One:1 it sits at a PI level where it just won't be competitive in the Hoppers no matter where you put it.

I kind of expected that and as a result it gives me no reason to buy it (it was the one car I was vaguely interested in from the whole pack).

I'm sure it's a blast to drive and if you're the kind of player that does a lot of Free Play then it may be worth picking up. I'm a Hopper racer though and already have a garage full of cars that I would rather choose.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:48:57 AM(UTC)
Jesus, a car pack that I am actually willing to buy. Never would have expected it tbh, but seriously glad that I was proven wrong. Cheers Turn 10 and Dan's glorious beard.
 7 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:51:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
1. My personal favs are the lego games.

2. Trucks and tanks are fine if they make sense in the FM series. These don't. An f150 lightning, ok I can understand that.

1. Those are my guilty pleasure. I'm almost embarrassed to play them, but damn if I don't have fun doing so. Just bought Lego Jurassic World on sale for $30 recently, and me playing it with my sisters (who all of us are at least 16 years old) is some great fun.

2. The RR SVR in this pack's case I'd argue makes sense, same with the X5 M and the SRT Cherokee. The rest though......
Not suggesting you're saying that it doesn't belong or anything.

Warning: Long post incoming. TL;DR? People have different opinions, that's all. No one is right or wrong here.

I think something needs to be said here. People have differing opinions, alright? Some people are absolutely thrilled with this pack, some aren't. Some say this is the best pack ever, some say it's the worst. Some point out one car or two they like, some point out one car or two they don't like. So, say it with me, everyone.

Just because someone has a different view on any and all cars in this pack, it doesn't mean they're wrong.

You can't have a "wrong" opinion. A wrong fact, yes. Opinion? No.

Just because someone doesn't like the pack, it doesn't mean they're whining and complaining about it, and just because someone likes this pack, it doesn't mean they like "kiddie trash". Like it or not ladies and gentlemen, both sides of the coin are equal, warranted, and justified feedback. Someone should be able to say they like this pack and not feel the wrath of those that don't. Someone should be able to say they don't like this pack and not be called names and told to leave. This is a public forum, open to all different users, with different tastes, different ideas, different favorites and different dislikes. Someone not liking the same thing as you is not wrong.

This pack, honestly, is not one of my favorites. Worst pack in Forza? Nope. But nothing here deeply interests me, as I said in my earlier post. The thing that screams "buy me!" about this pack is not any of the cars themselves, it's my collector mindset. I'll buy this pack. I'll drive all seven cars in it. And I'm sure I'll be having fun in all of them. But I would not pick a single one in here, if I were given the choice, and that's ok. I'm sure all of you had packs you were less than thrilled with the contents of, and I'm sure some people really enjoyed them.

Now, why are some people upset with this pack? Allow me to offer ideas.

1. People who wanted X car or cars that aren't in this pack have to wait yet another month in the hopes they get their car. This applies to those actively awaiting a certain S-Chassis Nissan, a certain hybrid-powered German sports car, a certain blue-ovaled hot hatch, and so on.

2. There is a lack of real diversity here. If I could evaluate, 6 out of seven cars are variants, updated, platform-sharing, or otherwise, of cars we already have. The XJ S is the exception here.
  • The Charger and Challenger Hellcats share the same chassis and powertrain.

• The 2016 Audi R8 shares the same chassis and powertrain as the 2013.

• The Range Rover SVR and Range Rover Sport Supercharged are quite similar. The SVR is louder, meaner, faster, stronger, yes. But if the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk were to be in here (aka the Hellcat GC), it would essentially be the same comparison with that and the SRT Grand Cherokee.

• The F-Type Project 7 is...in all honesty, what, an F-Type R convertible with some design homages?

• The FXX K is a LaFerrari with more power and aero.

• The Rolls-Royce, I don't know much about, but doesn't it and the Wraith share the same engine and chassis? The Dawn's is just detuned a bit?

Now I don't claim to know everything about these cars, so if I'm wrong on one or more of the cars, I apologize. The point of this though, is that those wanting diversity/unique models of cars got the shaft.

And if you look at it in basics and not brass tacks, there are 4 modern sports/super/hypercars, 2 grand tourers (one old[ish], one new), and an SUV. If someone has no interest in these categories, how would they be expected to be happy with this pack?

3. This is going back to the diversity thing, but here are some subgroups that got no love here.
  • Old/Vintage car lovers of ALL sorts. This include you American Muscle, this includes you European Racers, this includes you Japanese Classics. Speaking of said island nation....

• Japanese car lovers. There are none in this pack. None.

• '80s and '90s car lovers. Yes, the XJ S is from 1990, ok, but think of all the sporty cars from 1980-1999 that aren't in the game yet. There's a lot.

• Old race car lovers. Now I don't mean '30s-'70s, since I covered those already. I'm talking Group B, Group C, '90s DTM, etc.

• New race car lovers. There are none. No race cars of any sort here. How is someone who lives and breathes race cars supposed to be happy with this pack? And no, the FXX K is not a race car. It's a track day car. You can win races, you can't win track days.

That's a pretty big chunk of groups there. In no doubt in my mind are there some people on this forum who live for these subgroups. See how they feel entirely left out?

We should all respect everyone's opinions on the subject, alright? That's all I'm trying to say.

Anyone that really likes this pack, don't let those that don't feel strongly about it ruin your enjoyment for you, but don't go insulting them for it either. Anyone that really doesn't like this pack, don't ruin someone's day that was made.

And if you want someone to either give love or hate to on the choices here, if the voice-over is true, talk to the Top Gear hosts, not T10. If the VO is true, they picked the cars here. T10 gave them a list, that's what they circled on it.

I hope everyone here who buys the car pack is happy with what they got. I hope those that pick a car or two out of the pack are happy with what they got. I hope those that are passing on this pack entirely get something they want next month.

It's kind of sad I feel the need to say this, but I feel like someone needed to. Maybe I didn't? Maybe I just blew it out of proportion, and I've wasted my time typing this as much as you did reading it. Given the comments though, I digress.

I'll copy and paste my thoughts from my earlier post here:
FXX K: A fast Ferrari that the PI won't be kind to. I doubt it will be in R-Class, and it just won't be competitive in P-Class. I highly doubt at least, when the 787B, 962c, and XJR-19 are there too.
Charger: As someone who likes the Hellcats, as someone who wanted one in the game.....I don't think we needed both. I didn't need both, at least. Kind of the same as the Challenger.
Audi: It's not crazy different from the one we already have.
SVR: Like the Audi above, not crazy different from the one we already have.
F-Type P7: Notice a theme?
Dawn: By now, you should.
XJ S: The only car that isn't related to something we already have. Unsurprising to see how people who don't really care for this pack like this one the most.

I'll read everyone's response to my post, if I get any. I'll respond, however, for those that are courteous and respectful. Perhaps I was unclear on something, perhaps you want to offer a rebuttal, perhaps you want to agree, perhaps you want to question a certain aspect I said. I'll be reading from time to time.
One of "The 50"
10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error