2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:40:06 PM(UTC)
FasterRacer x here

I know that this thread will soon be locked by the moderators so I am just doing this as a martyr to the Saab community. My question will be is that if Saab will ever return to the Forza series with its ever so drought of cars in past with its defunction. Now I know that Pontiac is in Forza 6 through the GM licence. I feel like its an embargo placed on Saab by GM for Saab not to be a part of any racing game in the past. If Pontiac and American Motors are in Forza 6 why can't Saab be in the series itself? It makes me question the lisence aquistion process that goes into each Forza game
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:48:01 AM(UTC)
I'm going to keep it short: we have no idea.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:48:11 AM(UTC)
Would love to see Some classic Saabs
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:28:08 AM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:33:18 AM(UTC)
I highly doubt T10 even looks at the wishlist at this point with the thousands of requests it has. It's a valid question to ask because it pertains to licencing more over requesting specifics cars .
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:05:25 AM(UTC)
No.
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:40:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lanciastratos73 Go to Quoted Post
I highly doubt T10 even looks at the wishlist at this point with the thousands of requests it has. It's a valid question to ask because it pertains to licencing more over requesting specifics cars .

Yeah agreed now at this point its all about sponsorships than community driven requests. Like for example we got "TopGear Pack" and "Bondurant Car Pack" just to name a couple.
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:38:55 AM(UTC)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that since Saab is (relatively recently) dead, there may be a legal minefield as to who owns, or has the final say in, the rights to use Saab's name and IPs. That may be stopping any use of Saabs on any game.

We may never know.
OldTimerGamer - Been gaming for over 30 years.
 18 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:03:21 AM(UTC)

We do look at the wish list, very closely in fact, and actively take that into consideration when selecting cars. The Ferrari 488 we just released was one of the top 25 most requested cars on this forum (top 3 in fact).

If we did add SAAB again, it's not because they are most requested cars in the wish list - they aren't by a long shot - it's because they are iconic cars that deserve a spot in Forza (especially the awesome 900 Turbo SPG). And we've been trying for a while to make that happen. Unfortunately, car manufacturers or the agencies who represent them sometimes may decline to participate for one reason or another.

If you did some light research on SAAB, you'd know they've undergone a lot of ownership changes in the past decade, and video games may not be at the top of their priority list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_Automobile

Not much you can do except to keep trying, and we do.
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:04:23 AM(UTC)
they'll come back for 20 bucks.
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:39:00 AM(UTC)
Who would?

GM will probably still hold rights to the brand but the intellectual property of pre-GM cars may well be owned by other parties. I understand how this could make things very complicated if not impossible.
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:04:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Who would?

GM will probably still hold rights to the brand but the intellectual property of pre-GM cars may well be owned by other parties. I understand how this could make things very complicated if not impossible.

Didn't gm sell off all rights to Saab like 6 years ago? I know NEVS had the license, I can't remember who they licensed off of.
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:31:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

We do look at the wish list, very closely in fact, and actively take that into consideration when selecting cars. The Ferrari 488 we just released was one of the top 25 most requested cars on this forum (top 3 in fact).

If we did add SAAB again, it's not because they are most requested cars in the wish list - they aren't by a long shot - it's because they are iconic cars that deserve a spot in Forza (especially the awesome 900 Turbo SPG). And we've been trying for a while to make that happen. Unfortunately, car manufacturers or the agencies who represent them sometimes may decline to participate for one reason or another.

If you did some light research on SAAB, you'd know they've undergone a lot of ownership changes in the past decade, and video games may not be at the top of their priority list:

Thanks for your reply, good to know that wishlist does get some attention from the staff as well and that you guys focus on iconic cars too (and did some effort for Saab). While Forza sure does have a lot of flaws I have to admit the variety of cars currently in the game is outstanding. Yes people complain about limo's, armored trucks, offroad trucks or Aztecs but they sure spice up the diversity in the game. I just wish all cars would belong to a division like FM5 and FH2 and that you could set up more specific races (for example roadsters, LMP900, offroad trucks, etc.). The a r s e n a l of cars in FH6 is amazing but the things you can do with it is rather limited. Surely a point of attention for the next games in the series.

Edited by user Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:33:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: arsenal = a r s e n a l (damn filter :p)

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:34:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sutore Go to Quoted Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that since Saab is (relatively recently) dead, there may be a legal minefield as to who owns, or has the final say in, the rights to use Saab's name and IPs. That may be stopping any use of Saabs on any game.

To add on a bit, to give an idea of the complexity behind the Saab situation (I was going to do Saab Story, but that was low-hanging), the current owners can't even use the Saab name. Source.

I doubt we'll be seeing the 9-3s and the 99 Turbo come back anytime soon. At least, not until this gets worked out, and even when (if?) it does, there's no guarantee that they'll be back in the game. It might be FM8 by the time things get worked out. While the source I posted sounds optimistic about the future of automobiles, no word on what will happen for the past ones.

It is nice to see T10 chiming in on this, to give us a better possible idea of what goes on as to why certain manufacturers and/or cars aren't in the game.

EDIT:

The Ferrari 488 we just released was one of the top 25 most requested cars on this forum (top 3 in fact).

So, does this mean that there's some of spreadsheet/databank somewhere at T10 HQ that compiles the entirety of the wishlists and organizes them by request quantity? Assuming someone goes in manually page-by-page, post-by-post and chalks up 4 more votes for the 488, 7 for the i8, 5 for the S14, 2 for the Charger Hellcat, 1 for Ice Cream Trucks, etc.? I'm not going to say you're lying about what you posted and I quoted, so, just out of curiosity, it is being kept track of? That is interesting. I often thought of doing that from time to time, to sort of give both parties (T10 and forum-goers) an idea of what's truly requested (forum-wise at least, I can't account for YouTube posts and Tweets and stuff), but I always got intimidated by how much time that'd take, and how comparatively little time I have. I thought it would help.

None of this was meant to dissuade the topic at hand by the way.

Edited by user Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:45:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: My edit.

One of "The 50"
 11 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:23:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

EDIT:

The Ferrari 488 we just released was one of the top 25 most requested cars on this forum (top 3 in fact).

So, does this mean that there's some of spreadsheet/databank somewhere at T10 HQ that compiles the entirety of the wishlists and organizes them by request quantity? Assuming someone goes in manually page-by-page, post-by-post and chalks up 4 more votes for the 488, 7 for the i8, 5 for the S14, 2 for the Charger Hellcat, 1 for Ice Cream Trucks, etc.? I'm not going to say you're lying about what you posted and I quoted, so, just out of curiosity, it is being kept track of? That is interesting. I often thought of doing that from time to time, to sort of give both parties (T10 and forum-goers) an idea of what's truly requested (forum-wise at least, I can't account for YouTube posts and Tweets and stuff), but I always got intimidated by how much time that'd take, and how comparatively little time I have. I thought it would help.

All I will say right now is yes - something very much like what you described has been under way for some time now (literally counting every single mention of every single wish list car), and yes it's a massive and intimidating amount of work and time involved, and we'll share more with you all when we're ready. We hear you, and we're doing something about it.

Edited by user Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:35:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Just keeping the relevant bits for this slight change of topic re: wish list

#16 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:40:57 PM(UTC)
Very cool to read this. I've also wondered - as I started to do the process of trying to make stats as well from the wish list, and said, I don't really want to know this badly as it was a bunch of work. LOL
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:18:21 PM(UTC)

*snipped my quote*

All I will say right now is yes - something very much like what you described has been under way for some time now (literally counting every single mention of every single wish list car), and yes it's a massive and intimidating amount of work and time involved, and we'll share more with you all when we're ready. We hear you, and we're doing something about it.

Wow! Thought I was just guessing with ~60% accuracy there, very nice!

If no one else says it, I respect what you do with the wishlist requests, and I thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:21:02 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the post JonK. One of the negative myths around here debunked.

Edited by user Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:24:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:32:20 PM(UTC)
Always good to see Turn 10 staff replying in the Forums and keeping the paddock informed. Thankyou.
HSV
I just want one!
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:30:09 PM(UTC)

So.... why no American Muscle cars in any of the DLC's?

#21 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 4:53:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: saturnsl1 Go to Quoted Post

It's not like the game lacks muscle cars, though...

Twitter: @RyHirons
#22 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 5:06:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post

Agree with you both, yes there are already plenty of them but on the other hand we didn't get any new ones. We did get the Plymouth Fury though, it's the closest thing to a classic muscle car.

A second modern Formula One car would be great or an official NASCAR but I think licensing costs are the bummer there. But EA managed to put the 2014 Ferrari F14T in Real Racing 3 without any mentioning of the Formula One trademark so hopefully something similar could be done for Forza.

Edited by user Friday, March 18, 2016 5:10:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 5:34:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

EDIT:

Are there similar databases recording Features & Tracks?
#24 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 6:42:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post

Agree with you both, yes there are already plenty of them but on the other hand we didn't get any new ones. We did get the Plymouth Fury though, it's the closest thing to a classic muscle car.

A second modern Formula One car would be great or an official NASCAR but I think licensing costs are the bummer there. But EA managed to put the 2014 Ferrari F14T in Real Racing 3 without any mentioning of the Formula One trademark so hopefully something similar could be done for Forza.

F1 teams can license out particular models of their cars as long as they are not the "current" car I believe without having to go through FOM.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 7:00:01 AM(UTC)
Does this mean I can request the Sauber C9 a good 2900 times and it'll have to be added? ;)
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error