3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:24:40 PM(UTC)
[Mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the tos ]

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:52:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:40:14 AM(UTC)
[Mod edit - WSD - do not quote profanity]

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:53:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:46:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: stalemxicanfart Go to Quoted Post
Totally convenient that the "season" pass (6 months) expired just in time for the best DLC yet. Really upsetting that we'd have to cough up $20 MORE on top of the time and $$$ already invested. Update or not this spoils it ALL for me.

The Car Pass expires at the end of March and includes the March Car Pack, which will be launching later this month. As pointed out in the original announcement, the Car Pass covers six months of monthly Car Packs (of 7 cars each) beginning in October 2015. The Car Pass does not include the Porsche Expansion Pack.

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:53:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
I know the title has "Tomorrow" in it but could you guys also use the standard date format because sometimes it can be so confusing.

They are using the standard date format? 3/1/16

The standard is Day/Month/Year, Month/Day/Year isn't used outside North America. So to most of us at a quick glance this news could look two months old.

Yes. However, the actual ISO standard (ISO is the International Standards) say that the standard date format is Year/Month/Day. I can't remember which standard I need to quote but I know this to be the case.

The ISO standard makes the most sense when naming files and placing it in a computer. Guarantees that will sort in order of date, whereas the date section in Windows which has improved a lot can still be corrupted.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:57:34 AM(UTC)
Any time frame on the patch note Mechberg? I always like reading through them
 4 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:01:29 AM(UTC)
Forza 6 Porsche' Expansion Pack is not just 21 cars and a track. It's a standalone game within the game of Forza 6.

It's also an integral component of Forza 6. It ties in with all other aspects of the game, and allows users to play any car on the new track.

The track: Virgina International Raceway gives us 21 playable circuit types. That's 3 types of conditions for each of the 7 ribbons available. That's for every car within Forza 6.

The cars: We get 21 of Porsche' great vehicles, some old, some recent, some newly released. But each can be raced on the entire Forza 6 race tracks and their respective ribbons.

Game Components: there are 8 separate volumes or sections/Showcases of Porsche' which has its own section within the games menus system. Plus there's additional aspects that open the game up further. And I call it 'a ga,e' because that's what it is. A game within a game.

We have:
1) Holy Trinity, which consists of 3 laps of Hockenheinring full circuit in the Porsche' .......
2) Porsche' 911 Turbo vs The Stig on Lime Rock full circuit
3) Porsche' Turbo Autocross, which is on VIR.
4) Endurance, The Porsche' P2 on VIR for 31 laps.
5) Enduro Prototype. Daytona Raceways inner and outer circuit Enduro with the Porsche' Hybrid Prototype with 4 laps.
6) The Sprint. 911 Porsche' sprint on Road Amecia full circuit in the Leapai g Lizard Porsche' 911.
7) Porsche' 911 GT3 RS 4.0 in factory specs on Nurburgring against other factory spec 911 GT3 4.0's
8) Porsche' Carrera GT challenge. 2 laps of the full circuit on Hockenheinring in a Passing Challenge.
9) Porsche' 911 Flat Out, 3 laps on the full circuit of Le Man Circuit de La Satre (Old Mulsanne configuration. In the 962 Porsche'
10) Porsche' Macan Topgear Bowling Challenge on the Topgear test track.

Then there's the Multiplayer, which opens you straight away on the Hoppers in races against any car on any track, including VIR.

It also has its own Series called the Anthology of Porsche', consisting of several races on a variety of tracks and conditions, starting off with the 2016 Porsche' 911 GT V8 street hybrid on the full circuit of The Alps.

It then switches back to the inner game. Broken into 3 segments, or Eras of Porsche' as they put it. That's 3 segments, or eras consisting of 7 cars in each (21 cars remember) and each has its own series of events to run.

As it goes, it gives you Mod Cards to use on the various Porsches, plus normal Mod cards. Some common, some Super Rare, I've already gotten 4 Duper Tare cards I can use within the whole game unlimited.

The game takes you through the three eras, car by car. Forcing you to undergo the Porsche history, car by car, era by era. Which to me is a great idea

Sure, many will complain that they can't jump straight into the latest model in this section of the fa,e, but for crying out loud, you're getting a full game within a game that can also extend the lifespan of the existing game.

Plus there's the 4 sections that open it up further.
1) Showcases- as mentioned above
2) Multiplayer -which incl Hoppers.
3) Leagues
4) Rivals ( already trying to beat done of my friends that have set times on the various tracks, incl VIR, which is such a beautiful track. Both visually, and technically.

Now if that's not worth the money, (as SO many seem so invested in complaining about), then I don't know what is.

In Australia we had to pay $au153.95 for the Ultimate Edition, and a further $au26.95 for the new Porsche' Expansion Pack. That's $au180.95 ... Do the conversion to $us or Euros/GBP, and you'll see we've been paying a lot more than many of those complaining about the cost.

If someone wants a game on or before the official release date,,that also includes cars that are NOT available in anyway within the game normally, then they pay for that, and that alone.

Nowhere did it say I would get all further games, expansions, cars, tracks and special features for free.

What I got was a weeks early access, plus access to the 6 months of monthly car packs, with the addition of various free gift cars, promotional vehicles, as well as 10 specially tailored cars that can not be purchased separately, and that are unique in their respective PI range, come with special Turn 10 Anniversary liveries. These were ONLY AVAILABLE for "Pre-Ordering" the Ultimate Edition, and can no longer be purchased, even IF YOU PURCHASE the Zultimate Edition now. They are just NOT AVAILABLE - period.

That's 10 'uniquely tailored' cars right there that no one else can get... That's value plus !

So that's a lot really, considering that at the time of release, the game as a stand alone item in the stores had a RRP of $au99.95.

The extra $au55 got me the early access, the 10 unique cars, the VIP pass, the Monthly Car Pass, which consisted of 43-45 cars (total of 53-55 cars, not including the Gift Cars such as the two Halo Mustangs and various other cars totally around 10 additional cars...

Making it a total of approx 65 extra cars ontop of the 550+ cars available within the game as it stood prior to the Porsche' pack.

That's great value in anyone's books.

I used to do reviews when I had my Xbox website from back in 2005 through to 2012....when I gave it away. After reading many of the complaints in this and other threads, I remember WHY I gave it away lol.

But I'm going to step back in my reviewer shoes and do a review on the entire expansion pack.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:46:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#57 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:45:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
Forza 6 Porsche' Expansion Pack is not just 21 cars and a track. It's a standalone game within the game of Forza 6.

It's also an integral component of Forza 6. It ties in with all other aspects of the game, and allows users to play any car on the new track.

The track: Virgina International Raceway gives us 21 playable circuit types. That's 3 types of conditions for each of the 7 ribbons available. That's for every car within Forza 6.

The cars: We get 21 of Porsche' great vehicles, some old, some recent, some newly released. But each can be raced on the entire Forza 6 race tracks and their respective ribbons.

Game Components: there are 8 separate volumes or sections/Showcases of Porsche' which has its own section within the games menus system. Plus there's additional aspects that open the game up further. And I call it 'a ga,e' because that's what it is. A game within a game.

We have:
1) Holy Trinity, which consists of 3 laps of Hockenheinring full circuit in the Porsche' .......
2) Porsche' 911 Turbo vs The Stig on Lime Rock full circuit
3) Porsche' Turbo Autocross, which is on VIR.
4) Endurance, The Porsche' P2 on VIR for 31 laps.
5) Enduro Prototype. Daytona Raceways inner and outer circuit Enduro with the Porsche' Hybrid Prototype with 4 laps.
6) The Sprint. 911 Porsche' sprint on Road Amecia full circuit in the Leapai g Lizard Porsche' 911.
7) Porsche' 911 GT3 RS 4.0 in factory specs on Nurburgring against other factory spec 911 GT3 4.0's
8) Porsche' Carrera GT challenge. 2 laps of the full circuit on Hockenheinring in a Passing Challenge.
9) Porsche' 911 Flat Out, 3 laps on the full circuit of Le Man Circuit de La Satre (Old Mulsanne configuration. In the 962 Porsche'
10) Porsche' Macan Topgear Bowling Challenge on the Topgear test track.

Then there's the Multiplayer, which opens you straight away on the Hoppers in races against any car on any track, including VIR.

It also has its own Series called the Anthology of Porsche', consisting of several races on a variety of tracks and conditions, starting off with the 2016 Porsche' 911 GT V8 street hybrid on the full circuit of The Alps.

It then switches back to the inner game. Broken into 3 segments, or Eras of Porsche' as they put it. That's 3 segments, or eras consisting of 7 cars in each (21 cars remember) and each has its own series of events to run.

As it goes, it gives you Mod Cards to use on the various Porsches, plus normal Mod cards. Some common, some Super Rare, I've already gotten 4 Duper Tare cards I can use within the whole game unlimited.

The game takes you through the three eras, car by car. Forcing you to undergo the Porsche history, car by car, era by era. Which to me is a great idea

Sure, many will complain that they can't jump straight into the latest model in this section of the fa,e, but for crying out loud, you're getting a full game within a game that can also extend the lifespan of the existing game.

Plus there's the 4 sections that open it up further.
1) Showcases- as mentioned above
2) Multiplayer -which incl Hoppers.
3) Lragues
4) Rivals ( already trying to beat done of my friends that have set times on the various tracks, incl VIR, which is such a beautiful track. Both visually, and technically.

Now if that's worth the money, then I don't know what is.

In Australia we had to pay $au153.95 for the Ultimate Edition, and a further $au26.95 for the new Porsche' Expansion Pack. That's $au180.95 ... Do the conversion to $us or Euros/GBP, and you'll see we've been paying a lot more than many of those complaining about the cost.

If someone wants a game on or before the official release date,,that also includes cars that are NOT available in anyway within the game normally, then they pay for that, and that alone.

Nowhere did it say we get all further games, expansions, cars, tracks and special features for free.

What we got was early access, access to the 6 months of monthly car packs, various free gift cars, promotional vehicles, as well as 10 specially tailored cars that can not be purchased separately, and that are unique in their respective PI range, come with special Turn 10 Anniversary liveries.

So that's a lot really, considering tan the time of release, the game as a stand alone game had a RRP of $au99.95. The extra $au55 got us the early access, the 10 unique cars, the VIP pass, the Monthly Car Pass, which consisted of 43-45 cars (total of 53-55 cars, not including the Gift Cars such as the two Halo Mustangs and various other cars totally around 10 extra cars... Making a total of approx 65 extra cars onto of the 550 cars available within the game as it stood prior to the Porsche' pack.

That's great value in anyone's books.

I used to do reviews when I had my Xbox website from back in 2005 through to 2012....when I gave it away. After reading many of the complaints in this and other threads, I remember WHY I gave it away lol.

But I'm going to step back in my reviewer shoes and do a review on the entire expansion pack.

I understand where you're coming from and the whole 'value for money' deal, believe me.. but making it mandatory to purchase the expansion pack to get the extra track was not a good move at all. Not every single FM6 consumer is going to purchase every single car pack out there.. and certainly does not have to pay $20 to be able to drive on the extra track.

Stop encouraging T10 on the microtransactions! I've dished out $90 on the game already, and another $20 to get one more track? No thanks. The game already has plenty of cars, I can most certainly do without Porsche, even though I love them to death.
 4 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:28:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speed Demon996 Go to Quoted Post
I understand where you're coming from and the whole 'value for money' deal, believe me.. but making it mandatory to purchase the expansion pack to get the extra track was not a good move at all. Not every single FM6 consumer is going to purchase every single car pack out there.. and certainly does not have to pay $20 to be able to drive on the extra track.

iRacing charge between £15 and £20 for a single track, they also charge somewhere around that region for a single car. So why is it so wrong for T10 to sell 21 cars, a track, and a few extra single player bits and pieces for £16?

Originally Posted by: Speed Demon996 Go to Quoted Post

Stop encouraging T10 on the microtransactions! I've dished out $90 on the game already, and another $20 to get one more track? No thanks. The game already has plenty of cars, I can most certainly do without Porsche, even though I love them to death.

The adding of a DLC track is not a microtransaction, I think you need to look up the differences between the two. DLC is additional content added to the game after release, such as VIR which is included with the Porsche expansion pack. A microtransaction on the other hand requires you to pay money to access content that is already in the game, such as paying for "tokens" which you can spend on cars/parts in game instead of earning credits by racing.

This is not the first time T10 have charged money for DLC tracks. Twin ring Motegi was originally DLC, as was Nurb GP. I didn't have an issue paying for track DLC back then, and I do not have any issue paying for it now. Especially when I get 21 cars from my favorite car manufacturer in the world, which also happens to contain the race car I adore above all others, the 911 GT1!

I also know personally just how much hard work goes into making a 3d version of a car, and even more work goes into making a track. It is a lot of hard and very pain staking work, which not only consists of making the 3d mesh itself, but also constantly checking reference photos to make sure you get the details as accurate as humanly possible. It takes a long time, it causes migraines and stress, especially with a deadline included. I applaud T10 for been able to do it with so much consistency for the past 10 years.

It is fair enough if yourself (and others) can not see the worth in paying T10 for their hard word, that is up to you. And it is precisely why this and all other DLC is optional. T10 are not forcing you to buy it, the community members here are not forcing you to buy it. So what is the point of constantly riding T10 over it? Just don't buy it and move on.

p.s I do think the track should be sold separately by the way, but it is how it is.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:49:11 AM(UTC)
Yep, agree 110% plus..... The 'game' thus far is proving really good. The 'Story Mode' Porsche' Anthology, is a great way to get a no use involved with the history of the stable, as well as cone to grips with each eras better cars.

Sure, there could gave been other choices, other cars, versions of those cars, but truth is, as pointed out above, the sheer work involved in rating something like this is just as detailed as making a full game.

Plus, there's a few things I have noticed while playing it thus far.

1).. I 'think?' That Porsche' have a 'no destruction' clause in their contract for using the cars.

I run full simulation, and many a car has hit the wall at decent speeds. Guards, bonnets etc have all suffered. But not so with these Porsches, they seem immune from bodywork damage.

Now,mr hats ok, and I understand why some companies do not like seeing their babies damaged, even if it is only virtually. So I'm five with it. The car still suffers the mevhanicsl damage middling of course... Do that's fine too. It's just something I've noticed so far.

Secondly, I believe that I. The recent and rather large CU, some of the visuals issues have been fixed, send most definitely there's a much better sound effects coming from the cars.

And I don't just mean the Porsche' either, but all cars. Much more track sounds, car rounds, perriferal sounds of buildings swishing past. Rock send gravel as well as grass sounds coming from under the cars when you venture off the tracks.

The engine sounds seem 'beefier', more inline with their real world counterparts. Even simple sounds that would be evident I. The smaller earlier Porsche' where sound deadening on cars wasn't a primary conserve in production. These ad a certain "tang" to metallic sounds.

You can hear these sounds more readily now than before.

Additionally, I think the general handling model got a look-in I thus update? It certainly feels like it. As the cars aren't as skittish or misbehave as bad as they did previously. Either that, or I'm getting better at it lol hehehe...
 2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 5:43:11 AM(UTC)
Is there somewhere a changelog for this CU, please ?
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:37:29 AM(UTC)
I really hope they release VIR for everyone. It would be really nice to see the track in the lobby rotations. I did purchase the Porsche pack and I was sad to see that the new track will hardly ever be played due to T10's decision to make it exclusive to the pack. Unless you run rivals, free play or use the Porsche multiplayer leagues, it's pretty much a waste.
 6 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:06:40 PM(UTC)
I wanted to update everyone that the content update addressing the issue with the Riley Racing Ford Daytona Prototype has been released. Once you have this CU, you will be able to return to using that car as well as any available tunes as usual.

Thanks for your patience with this issue.

Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:15:28 PM(UTC)
What has happened to the wheels controls since this update? Before using my wheel I was able to maintain control over the car using Normal steering (Simulation is just terrible with a wheel as it oversteers at even the slighest of turns) Now even Normal steering is uncontrollable !!!
#64 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:25:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
I wanted to update everyone that the content update addressing the issue with the Riley Racing Ford Daytona Prototype has been released. Once you have this CU, you will be able to return to using that car as well as any available tunes as usual.

Brian
many thanks Brian fir a prompt fix, and for letting us know toot-sweet. It's most appreciated.

I can used the 'Old Girl' again, and pop my tune back up...

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:25:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:44:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post

Brian

Thanks for the quick fix, I was just coming on here to ask if the update today was the fix for this. Thumbs up to T10.
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:35:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
What has happened to the wheels controls since this update? Before using my wheel I was able to maintain control over the car using Normal steering (Simulation is just terrible with a wheel as it oversteers at even the slighest of turns) Now even Normal steering is uncontrollable !!!

Must be something on your end, because everything is perfectly fine on a wheel for me. Feels exactly the same as it did before the Porsche Expansion and updates.

Video I just did of a hotlap around VIR Grand West layout using the Mclaren MP4/4 with the stock T10 tuning, and without ABS/STM/TCS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtRPPNsTfs8

#67 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:13:59 PM(UTC)
After reading all the comments I get why they didn't release Porsche into the main game now. At first I really wasn't happy but someone posted it's a game released within the game so can understand that. Plus they gave me a free v8 vantage which i wasnt expecting seeing as i was miles away from beating tritons laptime so I may just pay the £16 and get using those beasts :).
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:37:53 PM(UTC)

Update: I had to do a Hard Reset on my Xbox as well as restart my external drive. Powered on the wheel which turns on the Xbox and everything is back to normal. Jumped the gun earlier without doing much troubleshooting on my end. My bad : J

1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:01:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deago85 Go to Quoted Post
After reading all the comments I get why they didn't release Porsche into the main game now. At first I really wasn't happy but someone posted it's a game released within the game so can understand that. Plus they gave me a free v8 vantage which i wasnt expecting seeing as i was miles away from beating tritons laptime so I may just pay the £16 and get using those beasts :).

You won't regret the price tag mate.

The Porsche' Anthology is a great series within the series. It's using all 21 cars, broken into 2 lots of 7, 1 of 6, and the 2016 Hybrid Street Beast is the opening car that you get to throw around before starting off at the bone basics, the 1957 Porsche Speedster..

As I've worked my way through, I've really liked the earlier models, they seemed to have that 'feel' about them that real old street beasts had/have.

Plus off the bat, you get all 21 cars in your garage to tune, paint, drive etc. but the Anthology only allows the progression of unlocking each Era of cars, one group at a time.

You can see how this wasn't just some track popped in, and 21 cars added to the roster.

It's been rebuilt into the inner workings of Forza 6, which may well be the last of the Forza series as we know it remember, so they'll be wanting to make this one really special.

Plus, the added bonus in playing the anthology through is that you unlock 2 Mods cards after each series of events. One is to help you in the following events on the next track, and is Porsche' specific, plus an added wildcard mod card.

I've completed almost all of the second era, and I've already got the Porsche' Affinity Card. ,

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:04:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#70 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:48:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

Must be something on your end, because everything is perfectly fine on a wheel for me. Feels exactly the same as it did before the Porsche Expansion and updates.

Video I just did of a hotlap around VIR Grand West layout using the Mclaren MP4/4 with the stock T10 tuning, and without ABS/STM/TCS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtRPPNsTfs8

lovely piece of driving gun there Lalyrn, it's very 'twitchy' isn't it, but a great circuit once you've familiarised yourself with the intricate little twists n turns.

Plus, it's not a slow circuit by any means, that back straight(ish) gets the cars really purculating, but then you're on the lead shoes for the little twist n turn it has that can get you all bent out of shape eh!

Nice God 👍👍

#71 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 1:51:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SP01LED JAM1E Go to Quoted Post
Message to all wreckers / crashers. Please run the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype, a DLC car from February's Alpinestars Car Pack. With the Level 3 weight reduction upgrade/tune. This will enter you in to Godmode and guarantee you an overall win.

LOL Nice one mate
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error