69 Pages<<6465666768>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1626 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:36:21 AM(UTC)
Unfortunately, I didn't make it into the top group, my time was around 1:42 .... but it was a helluva learning experience and great to participate in. I'm not sure how frequent these events will be but I will be using as a yardstick to see how (hopefully) my driving improves. So here's looking forward to the next one! Cheers to all.
#1627 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:30:45 AM(UTC)
When we are going to receive the aston martin?
 2 users liked this post.
#1628 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:53:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shay Feral Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cvechkin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Shay Feral Go to Quoted Post

A change of car MIGHT actually mean you could be faster than triton. Cars have different characteristics, had this challenge been done in a car like a 1970 SS Chevelle, I'd wager I would have beaten him a long time ago.

And if this were a hockey skills competition I would have beaten him too, what's your point?

What kind of cruddy, two-bit, fly by night clown college did you come from, did they not eve have the resources to teach you how to read?

I'll try and paint it out for you.

Person A says "A change of car, doesn't mean you'll be any faster, in comparison to Triton."

Person B (me) responds with: "A change of car MIGHT actually mean you could be faster than triton. Cars have different characteristics, had this challenge been done in a car like a 1970 SS Chevelle, I'd wager I would have beaten him a long time ago."

Here is what we can extrapolate from my response.

1: That I have countered with a suggestion that it could be possible that an individual could be faster than Triton had another been used. Please take note of the word "might" that I had capitalized for your convenience, as this word is important in distinguishing the difference between a set truth and simple probability.

2: I then back my statement up with a factual statement saying "cars have different characteristics". This here is also very important to consider.

3: I further this concept with an example of a 1970 SS Chevelle, which by use of this specific car as the example would be reasonable for the reader to extrapolate that I have more experience behind the wheel of this particular car in Forza Motorsport 6 than I do the RR Wraith, and probably wouldn't be very far fetched for the reader to assume I have more experience with other cars similar to that of the 1970 SS Chevelle.

4: And to further assert my confidence behind the wheel of another specific vehicle I make the statement that I'd wager it would have taken me less time to beat Triton in a car I'm more familiar with.

In conclusion, my post asserts that it's possible for racer to stand a better chance at beating Triton in a car they are more personally familiar with in game. And that, dear lad; is the point of my post.

Now, if that's still going over your head and under your feed, I suggest returning to whichever school you had went to and demand a refund because they have failed you miserably.

All you're saying is that in changing the parameters of the challenge and tailoring it to suit yourself (or myself), you (or I) may have beaten him. Completely defeats the purpose, no? Nice essay though, dear lad.
#1629 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:06:35 PM(UTC)
Quote:
When we are going to receive the aston martin?

My guess is within a few days, they have just released a DLC, need to select 100 random winners, and find hundreds more who have beaten Triton's time, plus there's a new challenge out
#1630 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:15:33 PM(UTC)
It was instantly delivered to me yesterday.
 5 users liked this post.
#1631 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:21:46 PM(UTC)
The Aston Martin V8 Vantage was just sent out so winners should be receiving it today. We had 826 folks who beat RBW Triton, plus 100 random winners. Congrats to everyone who received the car! For those of you who missed out, look for more with the February bonus car and others in the future.

Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#1632 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:23:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
The Aston Martin V8 Vantage was just sent out so winners should be receiving it today. We had 826 folks who beat RBW Triton, plus 100 random winners. Congrats to everyone who received the car! For those of you who missed out, look for more with the February bonus car and others in the future.

Brian

Great news Brian, look forward to it :D
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#1633 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:49:01 PM(UTC)
I beat the time but havent gotten the car yet... Is it because I beat the time on the 1st of March or am I still getting it? All my friends have already got it so I guess I was too late
#1634 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:50:07 PM(UTC)

Brian

Thanks
 2 users liked this post.
#1635 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:53:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lgamer575 Go to Quoted Post
I beat the time but havent gotten the car yet... Is it because I beat the time on the 1st of March or am I still getting it? All my friends have already got it so I guess I was too late

I haven't yet either, give it a while :)
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
 1 user liked this post.
#1636 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:09:56 PM(UTC)
Cars have been sent to the guess final time winners as well.
#1637 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:51:18 PM(UTC)

Brian

Feb bonus car or March bonus car?
I blame the ants.
#1638 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:58:38 PM(UTC)
"Bonus car" sounds intriguing. Looking forward to seeing what that is.
 1 user liked this post.
#1639 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 5:51:10 PM(UTC)
I got my Aston today. It's beautiful, green just like I wanted. I kept it C class. I took it for a victory lap around Brands Hatch. Runs Great. I feel like James Bond. Thanks again Triton for the great challenge.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#1640 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:24:56 PM(UTC)
You can detune the Aston to D class and it's surprisingly competitive and drives really well. I really really like it.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#1641 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:26:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Brian

Feb bonus car or March bonus car?

Yeah, exactly. I think he meant March. I got one bonus car in Feb and that's the "year of the monkey" BRZ. That's it.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#1642 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:17:21 PM(UTC)

Brian

Will Dom's Charger appear in the future again as well? The Furious 7 video promotion was only available in a handful of countries so for a lot of us we never even got a chance to obtain it.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#1643 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:21:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FluidPaprika736 Go to Quoted Post
There is a spec rivals challenge on Brands Hatch with the Aston Martin V12 vantage. If you previously tried this go race your ghost. I did earlier today. On my very first lap, from a standing start with cold tires, I beat my nearest rival. I did 7-10 laps and was down to 160 something place on the leaderboard. It translates to other cars.

I haven't done it before I'm sure as I don't like rival events that much. Even though I'm sick and tired of Brands Hatch atm I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Now bed time, dreaming of Aston Martins I don't have. :P

Well I have to admit FluidPaprika, it DOES carry over to other cars as well, really well even. Heck even for Brands Hatch in the rain. :) I never tried that Aston V12 but I visited Brands Hatch GP a couple of times in the Porsche career and all 3 races there (2 dry, 1 wet) went very smooth.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#1644 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:37:29 PM(UTC)

Brian

Nice! Thanks for the Aston and the challenge :-)
I'm happy to see that the challenges keeps on coming!
#1645 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 12:18:15 AM(UTC)
Nope, still no Aston for me :( I guess I was too late then...
 2 users liked this post.
#1646 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 12:32:13 AM(UTC)
It was very nice to come home from a long day's work to find an Aston Martin waiting to be taken for a spin. After setting a time in the Lambo Trofeo rivals event I took the Vantage and ran some laps around VIR. That V8 makes such a pretty noise and I even like the color.
Thank you Triton and Mechberg for a very competitive CBH. I hope you give the community another chance to earn this car soon.

#1647 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:01:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post

Out of curiosity, who were they? Final time on your part?

I didn't really look at the last few pages, so I apologize if it was mentioned in a previous one.

One of "The 50"
#1648 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:34:23 AM(UTC)
I was certain I beat the time since mine was 1:38.1xx. I did not receive the car though. I set this time on Monday Feb 29th. Was that too late to win the car? The event was still accessible, so I thought I would be okay. Thanks.

Never mind --- I'm an idiot, just didn't know where to look, I got it!

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:26:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1649 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:40:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post

Out of curiosity, who were they? Final time on your part?

I didn't really look at the last few pages, so I apologize if it was mentioned in a previous one.

I was one of them, got the car last night. I haven't had a chance to drive it though, between the Lamborghini Rivals and the Porsche content I had plenty to do.

#1650 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:48:10 AM(UTC)
Beautiful car! Really looking forward to taking it for a spin. Last night I was too busy throwing a Lambo around Monza. :)
69 Pages<<6465666768>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error