72 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:54:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ezrae Go to Quoted Post
I don't mean to sound like a total retard. But I am so confused right now. I thought this was a league event. Do you have to navigate to two different places. League and rivals ? so as to do a clean lap in league and rivals to be in the top percentile?

All you have to do is run 1 clean lap in rivals. Then go to leagues and only worry about earning points. Lap times don't matter in leagues.

It's two events.

ok so in season 1 I want to run my fastest clean lap in rivals? then I concentrate on the league part.

For season 1 you don't have to worry about leagues. All you have to do is run a clean lap in week 1, week 2, and week 3 rival events. Your lap doesn't have to be good or fast, just clean. Do that and you've done the bare minimum to earn the unicorn.

Technically all you need to do is run three laps total. You could literally drive at 35mph around the track for each week's rival event and turn the slowest laps in history and still get the unicorn if all 3 laps are clean.

Boy after last Month challenge are they really making it that easy??? Probably will still get complainers though.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:55:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:58:16 AM(UTC)
I don't mean to sound like a total retard. But I am so confused right now. I thought this was a league event. Do you have to navigate to two different places. League and rivals ? so as to do a clean lap in league and rivals to be in the top percentile?

All you have to do is run 1 clean lap in rivals. Then go to leagues and only worry about earning points. Lap times don't matter in leagues.

It's two events.

ok so in season 1 I want to run my fastest clean lap in rivals? then I concentrate on the league part.

For season 1 you don't have to worry about leagues. All you have to do is run a clean lap in week 1, week 2, and week 3 rival events. Your lap doesn't have to be good or fast, just clean. Do that and you've done the bare minimum to earn the unicorn.

Technically all you need to do is run three laps total. You could literally drive at 35mph around the track for each week's rival event and turn the slowest laps in history and still get the unicorn if all 3 laps are clean.

Boy after last Month challenge are they really making it that easy??? Probably will still get complainers though.

Well you still have to make sure you show up each week. If you miss one week then you will have to step it up. Plus the goal first, is just to get to the 2nd season. The real trophy is at the end there and that will take more work. Will be cool to see people racing with their Gold, Silver or Bronze cars and in what week they were earned. You will be able to tell from the liveries.

2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:58:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: o Mike V o Go to Quoted Post
Rival leaders are cutting the 2nd chicane and getting clean lap times. new to me i dont lap around monza much

If it's legal, it will be done. There are exploitable sections on a large number of circuits in this game.

son of a **** !!!! I always stay on the track I never cut corners...... I never knew that!

I happened to be chasing a certain, RR driving, T10 employees ghost around Monza two days ago in the Masarati VIP Rivals. Triton isn't shy about cutting that chicane.
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:15:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Dang I was beaten by seconds! I was posting my thread only to see this appear after it posted. dang your fingers are fast sir

Still not really liking the idea of these unicorn cars though.. I wish there were better ways to award people for their feats. I just don't care for rival events or online play these days :( Good luck to everyone who does do well and gets it

Ahhh-greeed. And they're coming so thick and fast now, too. Argh.

#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:18:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: o Mike V o Go to Quoted Post
Rival leaders are cutting the 2nd chicane and getting clean lap times. new to me i dont lap around monza much

If it's legal, it will be done. There are exploitable sections on a large number of circuits in this game.

Monza has a **** ton of sections where you can cut or go off. :/
You can cut the first half of the first chicane, both parts of the second chicane, cut the corner and go off track in the corner before the straight that leads to Ascari, and you can cut the last part of Ascari and go off track coming out of it.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:19:36 AM(UTC)
With regard to cutting that second chicane, it's more of a narrow path that works it seems. I had no idea about it till this rivals event. Watch the top of the leaderboard replay pull it off. A foot to the left or the right is called dirty. So you have to cut the **** out of the beginning of the chicane so that you start far enough left to cut the second part. I doubt the cut is going to be patched out, so just start practicing pulling off a clean cut because it is not easy at full speed.

Edit: Found Triton's time, he figured it out looking at his replay. Might suggest smoothing out your line through the next two turns to drop a decent amount of time from your lap.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:59:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:24:20 AM(UTC)
Hey Brian and Turn 10. You might want to take a look at some of the top replays and see how bad a person can cut on this track, especially the second chicane. If possible, you might want to think about extending a tire barrier there or making it dirty right there. Just a thought.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:48:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post

It's two events.

Well you still have to make sure you show up each week. If you miss one week then you will have to step it up. Plus the goal first, is just to get to the 2nd season. The real trophy is at the end there and that will take more work. Will be cool to see people racing with their Gold, Silver or Bronze cars and in what week they were earned. You will be able to tell from the liveries.

Arghh! Hi... spaceball again.. I have a headache. Why am I so confused? Please put it simple.. I want to earn all gold cars. What do I need to do?

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:00:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:48:30 AM(UTC)

It's two events.

Yup. 2nd season might be interesting in those pinnacle leagues. Hopefully it is challenging. Looking forward to it. Not sure who came up with this competition, but it's structured very well. Well done T10.

#60 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:55:49 AM(UTC)

It's two events.

Apologies, but I'm a bit new to this side of Rivals.

So the week one rival event is happening now? Will next week's event begin on Monday of next week? And all I have to do is run a clean lap each week -- at any speed -- in order to earn the Huracan Trofeo? And which event should I be looking for? Does it require a certain car?

Thanks.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:56:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:01:25 AM(UTC)
it's pretty strait forward explained : http://www.forzamotorspo...hini_super_trofeo_series
 7 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:03:43 AM(UTC)
I know it seems confusing but it's quite simple if you break it down. Let's take Week 1 as an example. There will be a Season 1 Week 1 Rivals event (live now) and a Season 1 Week 1 League event (begins Friday).

Players can win ONE livery variant car in each event. In the Rivals Week 1 event, you can win either the Bronze, Silver, or Gold variant, depending on where you place. As many have pointed out, the easiest way to get the car is just to set a clean lap for the Bronze variant. In the League Week 1 event, you can win the League variant livery car by finishing in the top 50% of the event.

So, you can earn a maximum of two cars per week over the course of three weeks in Season 1. That's six possible cars. To get the bonus Huracan Super Trofeo, all you need to do is earn three of the six available cars in Season 1.

Season 2 will require the Huracan Super Trofeo car to enter. The basic flow of the series resembles Season 1 and there are six available gift cars. To get the "ultimate edition" variant livery Huracan you'll need to earn all six available cars in Season 2, so it's going to be more of a challenge and require that everyone is competitive in both Rivals and League events.

I hope this clears things up a bit. Glad to see people are intrigued by the concept!

Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#63 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:11:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

It's two events.

Apologies, but I'm a bit new to this side of Rivals.

So the week one rival event is happening now? Will next week's event begin on Monday of next week? And all I have to do is run a clean lap each week -- at any speed -- in order to earn the Huracan Trofeo? And which event should I be looking for? Does it require a certain car?

Thanks.

Yes, yes, and yes.

The rival event should be located in the Community tab or whatever it's called when you enter the rivals main menu. I'm not home so I can't verify. However, if it is in there it'll be clearly labeled at the top whenever you cycle through the tracks which one is the event. On the bottom right you'll find the button you need to press to pull up car restrictions.
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:12:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Dang I was beaten by seconds! I was posting my thread only to see this appear after it posted. dang your fingers are fast sir

Still not really liking the idea of these unicorn cars though.. I wish there were better ways to award people for their feats. I just don't care for rival events or online play these days :( Good luck to everyone who does do well and gets it

I'm not minding this one as much as they are granting variants, not exclusively unique cars to qualify for the unique car that is then used in season 2. The requirements are achievable by all skill levels, one clean lap in rivals per week gets you the car for season 2 and then another set of clean laps to "win". People with more skill can aim for better than the bronze if they choose.

This time I think this is a much better thought out challenge to promote the Lamborghinis and not create division in the community.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:19:19 AM(UTC)
And they think people will understand this? Look how many people don't understand already. Luckily its just for another boring to drive Lambo so I can skip it. Still irritated I missed out on the aston last month by not even knowing it was happening.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:19:24 AM(UTC)
Short version, working backward:

3) To get the final special-livery Huracan ST, you have to earn six award cars in Season 2.
2) To get into Season 2 you need to earn the Huracan ST bonus car in Season 1
1) To get the Season 1 Huracan bonus car you need to earn three award cars in Season 1.

There are three weekly windows with two opportunities each week (Rivals and League) in Season 1 to earn the award cars, meaning you could earn up to six but you only need three.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#67 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:24:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
I know it seems confusing but it's quite simple if you break it down. Let's take Week 1 as an example. There will be a Season 1 Week 1 Rivals event (live now) and a Season 1 Week 1 League event (begins Friday).

Players can win ONE livery variant car in each event. In the Rivals Week 1 event, you can win either the Bronze, Silver, or Gold variant, depending on where you place. As many have pointed out, the easiest way to get the car is just to set a clean lap for the Bronze variant. In the League Week 1 event, you can win the League variant livery car by finishing in the top 50% of the event.

So, you can earn a maximum of two cars per week over the course of three weeks in Season 1. That's six possible cars. To get the bonus Huracan Super Trofeo, all you need to do is earn three of the six available cars in Season 1.

Season 2 will require the Huracan Super Trofeo car to enter. The basic flow of the series resembles Season 1 and there are six available gift cars. To get the "ultimate edition" variant livery Huracan you'll need to earn all six available cars in Season 2, so it's going to be more of a challenge and require that everyone is competitive in both Rivals and League events.

I hope this clears things up a bit. Glad to see people are intrigued by the concept!

Brian

ok see that is where I am confused, If I race in a rivals event and win a bronze, am I able to better that. during that week rival event..

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:32:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:31:03 AM(UTC)

ok see that is where I am confused, If I race in a rivals event and win a bronze, am I able to better that. during that week rival event.. or you will only know what you won once that week rival event is closed.

If you want gold cars for the rivals, do the rivals event each week and have a time in the top 5% on the leaderboard. That's it. The car isn't awarded until that specific event ends. Where you are at on the board will determine which variant you get at that time. Each week the cars will have a bit different look. I promise you'll want to collect all of them. They are very cool.

Guys,

Lets not over think this.

Season 1, 6 cars (3 from rivals and 3 from leagues)

Season 2, 6 cars (3 from rivals and 3 from leagues

Collect 3 cars in Season 1 to get the Bonus Huracan that lets you participate in Season 2

To get the super trophy Huracan you need to get all 6 cars from Season 2.

How to get a car when doing rivals?
- Bronze = Set a clean lap
- Silver = be top 15% on the leaderboard
- Gold = be top 5% on the leaderboard

How to get a car when doing a League?
- Finish in the top 50% on the leaderboard

#69 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:35:36 AM(UTC)

ok see that is where I am confused, If I race in a rivals event and win a bronze, am I able to better that. during that week rival event.. or you will only know what you won once that week rival event is closed.

If you want gold cars for the rivals, do the rivals event each week and have a time in the top 5% on the leaderboard. That's it. The car isn't awarded until that specific event ends. Where you are at on the board will determine which variant you get at that time. Each week the cars will have a bit different look. I promise you'll want to collect all of them. They are very cool.

Guys,

Lets not over think this.

Season 1, 6 cars (3 from rivals and 3 from leagues)

Season 2, 6 cars (3 from rivals and 3 from leagues

Collect 3 cars in Season 1 to get the Bonus Huracan that lets you participate in Season 2

To get the super trophy Huracan you need to get all 6 cars from Season 2.

How to get a car when doing rivals?
- Bronze = Set a clean lap
- Silver = be top 15% on the leaderboard
- Gold = be top 5% on the leaderboard

How to get a car when doing a League?
- Finish in the top 50% on the leaderboard

Thanks sounds awesome. Can not wait to get out of this office space. and Burn the rubber!!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:36:20 AM(UTC)
Elite Controller users, setting your brake trigger stop is great ;)
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:37:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post

Brian

The Rivals events will be open for a week each. You can check your position throughout the week and strive for better time. At the end of the weekly period, you will be gifted a variant based on your position as long as your time was "clean." Then another event in same car at another track will open, and the process repeats. Complete all three rivals events "clean" and you got yourself a unicorn. Season 2 is exactly the same but now you're competing for unicorn liveries. Collect all six unicorn liveries for a unicorn unicorn livery.

#72 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:39:53 AM(UTC)
Thanks to everyone -- Triton, Mech, Swerve -- for their responses. You've all really cleared this up for me. Thanks again, and see you on the track!

--Da Rolla
#73 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:41:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post

Wait, does the elite controller allow you to put a stop at max braking grip for individual cars? That would make braking stupid easy!
#74 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:42:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post

Wait, does the elite controller allow you to put a stop at max braking grip for individual cars? That would make braking stupid easy!

The controller has an adjustable trigger stop, which makes the trigger only go halfway down instead of all the way.

_________________________________________________________-

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:44:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#75 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:44:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post

Different on every car. RR you could still lock your brakes, on the Gallardo ST it's just right to not lock up
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
72 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error