29 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:47:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W202PWR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: D1SL CHR1STO Go to Quoted Post
I am sad,

In the first place because Porsche is a brand which lives thanks to the sport automobile, and models them expected are not there, as 991 GT3 Cup, 991 GT3 R, 935 K3 (while there are his competitors), 917K...or

Secondly, because many cars were already present in the previous opuses, as Flying Lizard, 962c, 911 GT1 ' 98, RS Spyder Evo, ..., I find that a little bit it's a pity.

I feel the same, SAD, I thought the 935 would have been a sure thing!?!? I will be buying the pack as I'm happy to have Porsche back in the game, the 962 is one of my favorite cars! That said, I'm paying basically 20 bucks so I can have a 718, 930 and 962, because realistically, that's all I'm going to use. Hey wait didn't I already pay 20 bucks for a 930 and 962 in Forza 4.... Oh well I can get over that. I am really disappointed that there is no 908 or 917 either, seems like a general consensus that most people wanted to see one or the other. The second part that is sad is so many people are DIEHARD Porsche fans on here and they wanted to see some new stuff, 991 GT3 and Cayman GT4, I'm not into the new stuff and I know that... and I expected to see those 2. Hopefully there is more to come!

I know, i wanted BOTH old and new stuff, VERY sad face 😭.
[img][/img]Playing since 2013
Fujimi drifter.
NEXT UP: DLC PACKS!
 2 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
Nobody is mentioning the release trailer? What kind of word is WINNINGEST? What's wrong with most winning, most celebrated or best? Awful word. I am going to call myself a winninger. My new tag line....'Win with the Winningest Winninger!'
Happiness is knowing that the other racers know where the brake button is.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:48:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Notes:
  • This is not the regular March DLC car pack, which is coming later this month.
  • This is not included in the Car Pass.
  • The announcement does not mention any discounts for current VIP or Ultimate Edition owners.
  • VIR is only available to those who own the Porsche Expansion.
  • The pack will not be available to play until you have installed today's content update, which typically shows up around 10am Pacific time. Be sure you have exited the game around that time to restart and trigger the update.
 2 users liked this post.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:49:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wormfaust Go to Quoted Post
Nobody is mentioning the release trailer? What kind of word is WINNINGEST? What's wrong with most winning, most celebrated or best? Awful word. I am going to call myself a winninger. My new tag line....'Win with the Winningest Winninger!'

It's a word from the English dictionary: http://www.oxforddiction...ition/english/winningest
 2 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:50:06 AM(UTC)

Notes:
  • This is not the regular March DLC car pack, which is coming later this month.
  • This is not included in the Car Pass.
  • The announcement does not mention any discounts for current VIP or Ultimate Edition owners.
  • VIR is only available to those who own the Porsche Expansion.
  • The pack will not be available to play until you have installed today's content update, which typically shows up around 10am Pacific time. Be sure you have exited the game around that time to restart and trigger the update.

thanks, ill keep my money for something else and for sure i will never buy a ultimate edition anymore! ;)
 4 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:50:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RichXM655 Go to Quoted Post
While there are many great cars here, it's stil disappointing that so many amazing cars have been overlooked.

No 917 variants.
No 908 variants.
No 935 variants.
No GTE car newer than the 5-year old flying lizards one.
No Carrera Cup car
And worst of all, No '73 Carrera RS - possibly the most iconic 911 variant in history.

It's good - but it could have been so much better.

Only the livery on the Flying Lizard car is old. The body is older, as was pointed out when this car was released in FM4. Recycled body with an (at the time) updated livery.

Big bummer that there are no late 60's era Le Mans racers. But hey, they gave us the Cayenne and Macan. Two more SUV's to be blocked from the multiplayer hoppers...

Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
 4 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:54:50 AM(UTC)
I'm OK with this and will buy it because I like most of the cars in the pack and want VIR.

However, the pack feels lazy to me by T10. They had such a huge opportunity here to blow people away by adding cars such as the 935 to go with all its historic rivals already in the game, the 917 and other cars including the current 991 911 GTE, the Cayman GT4, the new 991 GT3 and others.

Just seems like they just rehashed as many as the old cars as they could get away with and didnt really try to add anything new and exciting.

Oh well. I'll still buy it and HOPE for a few extra dlc, like the 935, but I hightly doubt that will come.

Again, just seems like they had a chance to hit a real home run and just got lazy and missed the opportunity.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:55:45 AM(UTC)

Its an American word, its not used outside of the US so I'm puzzled as to why Turn10 used it on a global website.

#84 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:56:29 AM(UTC)
Accepting that the new track is only available to those who buy the pack, the only options I can see are:

1) The track is not in rotation in MP.

2) The lobbies to be split between those who have the pack and those who don't.

3) Lobbies aren't split but non-pack owners be forced to sit out VIR somehow when it does show up in rotation.

Or something else?

TBH none of those options seem entirely optimal so I'll be interested to see which way it goes.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:56:30 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted- fyerball ]

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:06:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#86 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:56:46 AM(UTC)
I feel as if i ha e been taken for a fool, why? You may ask, well i payed $100 for the game and vip so i could get all the cars with out having to shell out more money, why do i need to pay an extra $20 for 60 cars? Not that i care about the $20 it's just that it doesn't seem right, thats all.
DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
 3 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:58:02 AM(UTC)
I think I've already bought the only expansion pack I'm going to buy today. And it cost $3.49...
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
#88 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:58:14 AM(UTC)
Great expansion, love them all.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:00:30 AM(UTC)
NM... found the answer.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:11:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#90 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:01:28 AM(UTC)
How many cars can our garage hold? I may be close to full and need to make room for them.
 3 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:02:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W4RLOCK38 Go to Quoted Post
I feel as if i ha e been taken for a fool, why? You may ask, well i payed $100 for the game and vip so i could get all the cars with out having to shell out more money, why do i need to pay an extra $20 for 60 cars? Not that i care about the $20 it's just that it doesn't seem right, thats all.

Agreed, I'm still going to buy it but there should have been a VIP discount at least.
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:04:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W4RLOCK38 Go to Quoted Post

Unfortunately, the car pass included in the Ultimate Edition Bundle only ever covered 6 months of DLC packs. So when they continue to release packs after the car pass expires, you will have to pay for those if you want them. We all knew this to be the case because it's been the same way for every iteration of the game.

2 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:07:23 AM(UTC)
Let us make a petition to have Porsche 991 RSR GTLM!
#94 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:11:18 AM(UTC)
Anyone able to get the Porsche pack yet? I still cannot find it in the XBL store. It shows up in the Forza Hub but no way to buy it. It just says available now, but no where to purchase.

AKA: SP01LED JAM1E.
Twitter = @PTG_Jamie
 2 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:11:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RM Swarley Go to Quoted Post

Could you not? Seriously?

#96 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:12:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SP01LED JAM1E Go to Quoted Post
Anyone able to get the Porsche pack yet? I still cannot find it in the XBL store. It shows up in the Forza Hub but no way to buy it. It just says available now, but no where to purchase.

10am PACIFIC TIME, so roughly 2 more hours.
 3 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:13:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post

Its an American word, its not used outside of the US so I'm puzzled as to why Turn10 used it on a global website.

Probably because it's used so often to describe Porsche in various forms of sports car racing. And it is in fact used outside of the US, for example here on the English web site of Le Mans: http://www.24h-lemans.co...ans-_2_2_1746_22881.html

Getting upset over a single word in a trailer (especially when it's a valid word) seems more than a little trivial to me, especially in light of the fact we got 20 fantastic new cars, a new career mode, Hurley Haywood and Patrick Long narrating and a new track today.
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:13:28 AM(UTC)
At what time will the Porsche Expansion pack be available?
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:14:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RM Swarley Go to Quoted Post

YES.
We nee that car.
I'm quite surprised the car didn't make it into the game. Not only it is present in the WEC, it also won the United Sports Car Championship in the US. Turn 10 knows about that car and i can only assume that there were plenty of chances to digitalize it (with all the photos and audio recording needed).

Right know, i will stick with the Flying Lizard 997, but boy. I want that 991 RSR...
#100 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:14:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SP01LED JAM1E Go to Quoted Post

The content update does not seem to have rolled out yet (at least not for me - US, East Coast). My last update was 2/20 and it last checked for updates this morning at 4:40 AM EST.

Once the CU happens sometime today, I imagine it will show up in the store and in DLC messages. I just restarted my console and will let it sit for a bit. And wait....
29 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error