3 Pages123Next
 25 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 7:36:44 PM(UTC)
Hi folks,

On Tuesday (3/1/16) we will release the next content update for Forza Motorsport 6. While you'll need to stay tuned for details about what this content update will include (won't be long now!), I wanted to share the news of an unfortunate issue with this CU that we are aware of and working to resolve.

Tomorrow's update will unfortunately introduce an issue with the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype, a DLC car from February's Alpinestars Car Pack. With this issue, players who use this car running the Level 3 weight reduction upgrade/tune will experience a game-crashing bug and be forced to wait for the next content update before playing again.

We want to let players know about this ahead of time so they can avoid this situation; for that reason we are recommending that FM6 players avoid using the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype until we can address this issue in a subsequent content update. It's ok to keep the car in your FM6 garage, just avoid driving it until the next CU. The team is busy working on this subsequent content update now and I hope to have more details on when we will be able to launch that CU in the very near future.

Thanks,
Brian

Edited by user Friday, March 4, 2016 11:33:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#2 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 7:43:10 PM(UTC)
Heh Brian, thanks for the early update on the update!

I have a R900 PI Chip Ganassi Racing Riley with drag tires and NO weight drop upgrade. Will this still work so I don't find out the hard way (crash my game, obviously).

Thanks bro! Thanks for chipping in on the forums! It's appreciated by myself and, I'm sure, many others.

So....how about that Porsche Pack? Any hints? Ha ha, I kid. No worries. Thanks again.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#3 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 7:46:44 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the update and the warning Brian, safe to say I'm rather looking forward to what tomorrow brings to Forza.
 8 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 7:49:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post

I have a R900 PI Chip Ganassi Racing Riley with drag tires and NO weight drop upgrade. Will this still work so I don't find out the hard way (crash my game, obviously).

I *think* it will work, but I'd stay away from it until we can get the next CU out the door. Better safe than... well, you know...

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#5 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 7:52:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post

I *think* it will work, but I'd stay away from it until we can get the next CU out the door. Better safe than... well, you know...

Got it. Again, no worries. Doing mostly A-S class these days. Although that thing, even with drag tires, is a blast and darn quick in R class. Very competitive with tuning and fun to drive. We'll just have to wait.

I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#6 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 8:01:15 PM(UTC)
Sounds like the lights are on at Turn 10 headquarters. Thanks for the late night message.
#7 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 8:06:00 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the info and telling us about the coming bug with the Racing Riley. Can't wait till tomorrow. Goodnight all.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 8:17:40 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the update.

Can we assume that after the update the Porsche 917 will work fine? ;>)

Edited by user Monday, February 29, 2016 8:18:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 8:34:52 PM(UTC)
So how long is not very long? Should we expect something before I go to bed, probably around 2 am pst
Mercedes GLS 63 AMG S for DLC
Because all 7 seaters should be able to hit 60 in 4.3 seconds.
#10 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 9:55:49 PM(UTC)
This is good to know as I was considering getting some laps in on the Daytona Sports Car circuit when I return to FM6 tomorrow - good heads up for sure. Thanks Brian!!!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#11 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 10:08:37 PM(UTC)
Hi folks,

On Tuesday (3/1/16) we will release the next content update for Forza Motorsport 6. While you'll need to stay tuned for details about what this content update will include (won't be long now!), I wanted to share the news of an unfortunate issue with this CU that we are aware of and working to resolve.

Tomorrow's update will unfortunately introduce an issue with the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype, a DLC car from February's Alpinestars Car Pack. With this issue, players who use this car running the Level 3 weight reduction upgrade/tune will experience a game-crashing bug and be forced to wait for the next content update before playing again.

We want to let players know about this ahead of time so they can avoid this situation; for that reason we are recommending that FM6 players avoid using the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype until we can address this issue in a subsequent content update. It's ok to keep the car in your FM6 garage, just avoid driving it until the next CU. The team is busy working on this subsequent content update now and I hope to have more details on when we will be able to launch that CU in the very near future.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Is there any reason this news is coming so soon before the update is launched, and when can we expect this bug to be fixed,
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#12 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 10:38:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ARH Panda Man Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Is there any reason this news is coming so soon before the update is launched, and when can we expect this bug to be fixed,

Euh that's pretty obvious, if you experience this bug you won't be able to play at all until the next CU that comes out. So a heads up warning is appropriate, I rather see it this way as well instead of having the entire CU delayed. They will fix it as soon as possible he said.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 11:13:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ARH Panda Man Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks,

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Euh that's pretty obvious, if you experience this bug you won't be able to play at all until the next CU that comes out. So a heads up warning is appropriate, I rather see it this way as well instead of having the entire CU delayed. They will fix it as soon as possible he said.

Errrrrr yep, some ppl need things explained to them a few times before they get it. But then they do it anyway, then complain the car/game is bugged/broken.

Late night hits head on desk and sees stars....

Thanks Brian for doing to correct and courteous thing and warn us IN ADVANCE like a good company should if it knows of a known issue that can cause major issues.

Brian is doing the correct thing and warning those that READ THE WHOLE NOTICE and advising them to leave well enough alone.

But you watch, like lemons to a cliff, there'll be those who "just want to TEST FATE" and try the car, reduction or not, and sustain damage to car and game... But hey, what can you do side handcuff a person to a railing and hit them over the hands.... NO.... DONT TOUCH... BAD BOY....lol heheheh😆

I've done my bit by removing the offending weight reduction, plus, I've removed a tune I had for Indy off the storefront... Just in case someone used it unawares etc. it has the 2nd level weight reduction as part of the tune....

Edited by user Monday, February 29, 2016 11:20:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 11:48:06 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - please use the Features Wish List or Support forum to report issues with cars or gameplay. It would be counterproductive to repeat all those requests in this thread. - MM]

Edited by user Monday, February 29, 2016 11:53:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 2:22:00 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to the CU.
 5 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 2:46:47 AM(UTC)
Most people probably don't read, but I would recommend sending an in game message, since a lot of players don't use this forum.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 3:49:44 AM(UTC)
Wow, that's a pretty epic fail lol
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 4:08:39 AM(UTC)
thanks for the heads up, i suggest telling them via either in game message, facebook or twitter not to touch the car that got a bug until its fixed.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:03:08 AM(UTC)
Really cant wait, very excited aboot this
 7 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:32:35 AM(UTC)
This CU should not be released today. A warning on a Forum that isn't informing even close to half the community is not worth the risk. This issue should be resolved before it I released. Warning a few thousand people but letting hundreds of thousands be in the dark about it and then letting them run into this game breaking is very poor development standards on your alls part and is not what we should be seeing from you.
 7 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:37:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dabeasta66613 Go to Quoted Post
This CU should not be released today. A warning on a Forum that isn't informing even close to half the community is not worth the risk. This issue should be resolved before it I released. Warning a few thousand people but letting hundreds of thousands be in the dark about it and then letting them run into this game breaking is very poor development standards on your alls part and is not what we should be seeing from you.

Put a sock in it. They could have just as easily released it and played dumb to the whole situation.
 3 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:42:10 AM(UTC)

agreed
Veteran Forza player: FM1-FM6

Rig
 4 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:43:20 AM(UTC)
Forcing out content regardless of any huge flaws is simply unjustified ignorance and complete disregard for your community as a whole. I could sit here and list dozens of game developers that have destroyed their game by not caring and forcing out content, but what will that do? 3/4ths of the people who have commented thus far seem content with having a failed update release and seeing this game being criticized in the very near future in articles about how you've ruined thousands of people's ability to play the game by forcing this out. Causing damage to the name of Turn 10. Maybe someone on the team will get a portion of their brain working minutes before this is released and stop this horrible outcome. The rest of us who care about the game can only hope.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:55:24 AM(UTC)

In part I agree with you. A bug this severe should stop a regular car pack. But than a car pack wouldn't really require an embargo. If it's the Porsche DLC however, lots of promotional activaties would have been initiated, including embargoed salespoints. Stopping all of this for a bug that I'm assuming was discovered very late in the process is quite difficult. And if this is the Porsche DLC, I personally don't really care that much, since I'll be driving the cars from one manufacturer for the coming weeks...
 20 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:56:01 AM(UTC)
Message to all wreckers / crashers. Please run the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype, a DLC car from February's Alpinestars Car Pack. With the Level 3 weight reduction upgrade/tune. This will enter you in to Godmode and guarantee you an overall win.

AKA: SP01LED JAM1E.
Twitter = @PTG_Jamie
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error