3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:16:17 PM(UTC)
I've just booted up Forza 6 for tonight and am prompted with an update (108 MB). As I play daily and wasn't prompted recently this update must have been pushed out today.

Has anyone heard what the update may contain or of any fixes that it may have applied?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:17:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: .

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:21:22 PM(UTC)
Nope, loaded my FM6 because I saw this post. I have no clue what it entails. Maybe the Alpinestars Car Pack was a mistake :)

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:22:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PERFECTION......
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:50:49 PM(UTC)
The last small update of this size fixed the Chinese characters and the one before that added Dom's Charger. Time to check the car list again.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:53:08 PM(UTC)
That's just like the last update, silent with no info.

In the past few days, a ton of support threads were opened up, as well as complaint threads here. Perhaps they're addressing the concerns in those threads since many were closed with a "Thank You for your feedback" reply.

There were also lots of suggestions for new leagues and hoppers this week, so maybe they're prepping for that?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:53:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready, set...
 14 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:53:36 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Today's content update addresses performance issues with the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype from the Alpinestars Car Pack that I mentioned in the Jan. 29 edition of the Week in Review:

http://www.forzamotorspo...t/en-us/news/wir_1_29_16

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 5 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:56:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Today's content update addresses performance issues with the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype from the Alpinestars Car Pack that I mentioned in the Jan. 29 edition of the Week in Review:

Thanks,
Brian

No offense, but with all the problems people are experiencing with this game, that's what T10 decides to patch...the DLC?

That's the nonsense I'm talking about with T10... they only come on here to talk DLC and fix the extra paid-for-content, while they ignore the base game's issues.

What next? A patch for a unicorn only a handful of people will have? Forget the base game that millions of people purchased, though.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:59:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready, set...
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:59:36 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Brian

Appreciate the heads up on what the fix was Brian, thank you. :)

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:59:47 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks for the headsup but 108 MB to fix the stats on a single car? Seems a lot.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:01:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:07:26 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Brian

Lol, looks like this debunks my prediction, but was this really necessary?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:08:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PERFECTION......
 6 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:12:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xistorian Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Brian

No offense, but with all the problems people are experiencing with this game, that's what T10 decides to patch...the DLC?

That's the nonsense I'm talking about with T10... they only come on here to talk DLC and fix the extra paid-for-content, while they ignore the base game's issues.

What next? A patch for a unicorn only a handful of people will have? Forget the base game that millions of people purchased, though.

I'm guessing you didn't get the game at launch and didn't know all the core game fixes that did occur. Let's not forget the drivetrain swap diff glitch or the invisible wall if you used the curb off turn 2 at lime rock that were fixed among numerous other fixes.

If you don't believe me, review the previous patch notes and since locked discussions in the support thread.

I'm not saying everything is fixed nor is the game where it should be, but some progress has been made.

#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:33:18 PM(UTC)
The Daytona prototype has gone from PI 906 to 922.
It's embarrassing how few places I can get up the leaderboard with it in that rivals event. Almost everybody's time is still with 906
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:35:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DORIEN KILLZ IT Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Brian

Lol, looks like this debunks my prediction, but was this really necessary?

The car was fundamentally broken, therefore yes.

Twitter: @RyHirons
 9 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:39:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Xistorian Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Brian

I'm guessing you didn't get the game at launch and didn't know all the core game fixes that did occur. Let's not forget the drivetrain swap diff glitch or the invisible wall if you used the curb off turn 2 at lime rock that were fixed among numerous other fixes.

If you don't believe me, review the previous patch notes and since locked discussions in the support thread.

I'm not saying everything is fixed nor is the game where it should be, but some progress has been made.

He does this in every thread Swerve

#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 3:04:12 PM(UTC)
Too bad they haven't fixed the problems with the 330P4 THAT WERE IDENTIFIED UPON EARLY RELEASE.
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 3:10:17 PM(UTC)
is it just me or are the headlights now off during the day races? I just finished a race with the 2002 Trans-am and the flip up headlights we not up during a day race.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:02:40 PM(UTC)
To those that regularly run P or R-Class, have the changes made the car more competitive? I know the previous version got a few #1s on very short tracks bit was outclassed pretty much everywhere else.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:03:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:14:48 PM(UTC)
the ford is much better to drive now
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:07:33 PM(UTC)
Would of been nice to have the Nismo GTR updated so it can be competitive in the sim league, that would of been a nice update.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:49:17 PM(UTC)
Installed the update and now the game doesn't work. Just stuck on the load screen. Turned it off, did a reset, still no go. Anybody else having problems like this?
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:29:51 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know what this new update is about?
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:23:37 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Brian

Mist appreciated Brian, every little bit helps, hopefully now I can race the Ford on Indy without it trying to shack me to death lol....

I understand that even the smallest glitch or update needed takes a small team to work on it specifically, and there's no rhyme or reason as to when one gets fixed before another.

Simply getting it done Is certainly most appreciated, irrespective of those nay-sayers who criticise even the smallest thing.

This small but definitely needed update certainly helps, and adding the most wanted Dodge in the 'Listings' has definitely made a lot of ppl happy lol.

Did a nice livery for it recently, odd, but it stands out in the crowd lol...

Thanks again mate, most appreciated, big 'likes'👍

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:29:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:41:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LevelWarrior576 Go to Quoted Post
The Daytona prototype has gone from PI 906 to 922.
It's embarrassing how few places I can get up the leaderboard with it in that rivals event. Almost everybody's time is still with 906

So they say they'll fix the Daytona Prototype to be closer to the real life counterpart, which is cool. But did they really need the update when they only brought the PI up by 16? If the car's PI is based off real life performance, shouldn't they have made the PI close to or over 961, to be in the same ballpark as the Mazda Lola? I only say this because the Mazda performed terribly the last 2-3 years while running the diesel engine, where as the Ford was competing for wins at just about every race. The PI system Forza has been using since the release of FM5 is extremely confusing to understand (in terms of how the PI is judged, not how to interpret it).
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:47:04 PM(UTC)
I checked with my spreadsheet, this is what is changed about the Ford Riley Mk XXVI (stock version) :

base stats :
PI : 906 => 922
handling : 7.7 => 8.2
braking : 7.9 => 8.2
lateral G's : 1.68 => 1.80

simulation data :
acceleration 0-160 km/h : 7.100 s => 7.383 s
braking 100-0 km/h : 28.3 m => 26.7 m
braking 160-0 km/h : 66.4 m => 62. 4 m
lateral G's @ 100 km/h : 1.51 => 1.60
lateral G's @ 160 km/h : 1.94 => 2.12

The other stats remain the same. So it basically got a boost on handling / lateral G's / braking distance and a small nerf on acceleration at high speeds. All things together surely a boost for the car.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:05:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
I checked with my spreadsheet, this is what is changed about the Ford Riley Mk XXVI (stock version) :

base stats :
PI : 906 => 922
handling : 7.7 => 8.2
braking : 7.9 => 8.2
lateral G's : 1.68 => 1.80

simulation data :
acceleration 0-160 km/h : 7.100 s => 7.383 s
braking 100-0 km/h : 28.3 m => 26.7 m
braking 160-0 km/h : 66.4 m => 62. 4 m
lateral G's @ 100 km/h : 1.51 => 1.60
lateral G's @ 160 km/h : 1.94 => 2.12

The other stats remain the same. So it basically got a boost on handling / lateral G's / braking distance and a small nerf on acceleration at high speeds. All things together surely a boost for the car.

Thanks. Great post.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:36:40 AM(UTC)
One of the things they failed to mention they updated is the prize ticker - the sound is different and I'm sure the way it works was changed to be less generous with dispensing rewards. But wait a minute, isn't the game supposed to be free? Go figure!!!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error