4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:30:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Silv3rEy3d Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: DirtyDawg73 Go to Quoted Post

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has a proven lack of credibility should be regarded among the most repugnant and worthless life-form on the planet.

That's quite the statement over a video game.

That's a statement regarding compromise of principles. Unethical behavior is unethical behavior, regardless of scale.

Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
#77 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:41:01 PM(UTC)

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has a proven lack of credibility should be regarded among the most repugnant and worthless life-form on the planet.

That's a statement regarding compromise of principles. Unethical behavior is unethical behavior, regardless of scale.

So you call people "among the most repugnant and worthless life-form on the planet", because they do not adhere to your principles in a video game?
#78 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:42:12 PM(UTC)
Guys and gals, "this is why we can't have nice things" comes into play here, I may not be the OP, but I sure do know how it feels when good discussions get shut down because of senseless arguments that go off topic. Please end it before the devs shut it down?

Edited by user Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:43:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#79 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:43:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Veroscis Go to Quoted Post
Guys and gals, "this is why we can't have nice things" comes into play here, I may not be the OP, but I sure do know how it feels when good discussions gets shut down because of senseless arguments that go off topic. Please end it before the devs shut it down?

Fair enough, but there really is no reason for name-calling on either side, or is there?
#80 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:44:42 PM(UTC)

So you call people "among the most repugnant and worthless life-form on the planet", because they do not adhere to your principles in a video game?

[Mod edit -against Code of Conduct- fyerball]

Edited by user Monday, November 30, 2015 6:42:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:45:02 PM(UTC)

Good lord you are dense. I'm speaking of people that compromise their own principles. Then again, if the current state of society it's hard to believe there are many people with integrity left in the world. So, yes, I suppose, if you are unprincipled, I find your lack of integrity repugnant.
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
#82 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 3:48:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Papa Hortis Go to Quoted Post

I said people that lack integrity are worthless. You should only take offense if you lack integrity and are a cheater. Implying offense settles any doubt.

Edited by user Monday, November 30, 2015 6:44:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:49:50 PM(UTC)

Good lord you are dense.

Oh dear.

I'm speaking of people that compromise their own principles.

You could have fooled me. It seemed quite clear to me that you spoke of people who, in your opinion, cheat by cutting corners. If I cut corners due to majority rule, I am not actually cheating, as it does not give me an unfair advantage over the majority. In fact, not cutting corners would leave me at a disadvantage. As such, it does not really compromise my own principles either. So, just a misunderstanding then? I merely thought you were calling people things because they did not adhere to your principles?

Then again, if the current state of society it's hard to believe there are many people with integrity left in the world. So, yes, I suppose, if you are unprincipled, I find your lack of integrity repugnant.

Well, I guess you don't find anything repugnant then. My mistake.
#84 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 1:34:08 AM(UTC)
What about an active lap-time penalty? That time spent in the "cheater zone" multiplies the time by x-amount of time, (only applies if there was little to 0 physical contact involved, >i.e getting rammed within a certain y-amount of time before going into the "cheater zone" would null the penalty<).

In doing so, the person (lets say second place) who raced legitimately who ran a solid race will have their race / lap time to possibly getting them 1st place, if the cheater's race / lap time ends up being worse than the legitimate player (second place).

Penalties don't really work as most players care about who crosses the line first, not what the scoreboard says. It was that way in F1 2010 (where penalties could be abused by brake-checkers) and when I asked a Turn 10 member about it during a race he said similar.

Casual Racing Mondays
(Forza Horizon 5 PvP: Every Week) • Livery DesignsYouTube
#85 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 2:32:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
What about an active lap-time penalty? That time spent in the "cheater zone" multiplies the time by x-amount of time, (only applies if there was little to 0 physical contact involved, >i.e getting rammed within a certain y-amount of time before going into the "cheater zone" would null the penalty<).

In doing so, the person (lets say second place) who raced legitimately who ran a solid race will have their race / lap time to possibly getting them 1st place, if the cheater's race / lap time ends up being worse than the legitimate player (second place).

Penalties don't really work as most players care about who crosses the line first, not what the scoreboard says. It was that way in F1 2010 (where penalties could be abused by brake-checkers) and when I asked a Turn 10 member about it during a race he said similar.

Agreed, but how about puting a few bumpy or slippery patches on those corners. To keep all of the crowd happy, they dont need to be too strict, just those 90° corners turned into a straight line.

EDIT Amazing too see all the arguments why cheating is not cheating. In the eyes of the beholder, it very seldom is.

Edited by user Monday, November 30, 2015 2:47:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#86 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 6:39:07 AM(UTC)
While we encourage debate and comments, good or bad, persistent and harsh criticism of others serves no purpose and should not continue. Because of the downhill slide of a few peoples attitude towards others you can mark this down as another thread wasted.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error