4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:03:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: L0CK3D Go to Quoted Post
Seve, ya, the league leaderboards basically just show who plays it the most, but the division you are in is supposed to be based on skill. There's almost 1000 people in pinnacle though. That's pretty dumb. There's a huge difference in the skill of the top 10 guys compared to the top 100 even. Anyone who is near the bottom of the division would have a very hard time to just finish any races. I think they could use some more divisions, but there aren't enough people playing all the time for that.

100% agree, if the system works as propoted, what i belive, than division placement based on driving style and tamper is not just enougth. To make it really good the system sould provide enougth leagues to match drivers of similar driving quality AND base speed in lobbies. If highs speed drivers and average drivers, even if booth are very clean drivers, are placed in the same race, at least the average may have not as much fun. And i think the high speed drivers also not.

My Forza Paints --> http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/Sevetamryn
The Logos / Vinyl groups i made are public too
#52 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:05:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JimB3 Go to Quoted Post
I've been thinking about this. Why do real drivers not cut corners?
As with most things, people tend to not act like outlandish jerks in the real world like they do behind their screens. There is reputation, blacklisting.. you will have to face those guys.

#53 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:24:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ooPAYNEoo Go to Quoted Post
As with most things, people tend to not act like outlandish jerks in the real world like they do behind their screens. There is reputation, blacklisting.. you will have to face those guys.

And possible penalty (drive trougth), disquallification or even harder consequences to you, your team and your career. Choices may also have direct consequences to your healt or may kill you.

Edited by user Friday, October 16, 2015 11:28:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Forza Paints --> http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/Sevetamryn
The Logos / Vinyl groups i made are public too
#54 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 12:39:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sevetamryn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ooPAYNEoo Go to Quoted Post

And possible penalty (drive trougth), disquallification or even harder consequences to you, your team and your career. Choices may also have direct consequences to your healt or may kill you.

I see what you are saying and those are valid reasons. However, I can't see them being implemented in the game. I am also not interested in minor corner cuts. This may happen in the game because of minor bumps. It is hard to judge intention. I am more worried about blatant corner cuts that no racer would do in real life because there would be no benefit in real life.

Consider Yas Marina in FM5. There are two corners you can cut by first driving across the grass and then across some pavement that isn't part of the track. After doing this the driver needs to turn slightly to get back on the track. In real life, I'm sure the car would pick dirt and grass in the first part and some other debris in the off track pavement. I'm sure the off track pavement isn't kept as clean as the actual race track. I would also expect the handling of the car over these areas would be difficult. I'm suggesting that the game penalize this by reducing the grip of the tires after doing this. The slight turn after cutting the corner I mentioned earlier might become a lot more interesting.

This is a suggestion I think can be implementing in the game.
#55 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 8:43:58 AM(UTC)
Not sure if this frustrates anyone else, but the cutting corners in chicanes is crazy. Yas Marina and Circuit de la Sarthe are the worst. Racers don't even try to make those chicanes, they blow right through them and do it lap after lap. Overshooting corners like that is going to happen from time to time, but at this point there is no penalty for deliberately straightening those corners. Some kind of "quicksand" or multiple offence disqualification has to be implemented. Does this bother anyone else?

Edited by user Saturday, November 28, 2015 8:44:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:29:00 AM(UTC)
Are they chopping the chicanes on the Mulsanne straight? I thought there was quicksand there. Or are they simply not slowing and letting momentum carry them through?
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
#57 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:44:19 PM(UTC)
On Circuit de la sarthe it was the Dunlop Chicane on the Bugatti Circuit that everyone blew through, at Yas, its just every chicane on the track. Racing a proper line, you can never beat these guys
#58 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 4:05:06 PM(UTC)
Sebring's pretty bad too, most notably Turns 13 to 16.

Casual Racing Mondays
(Forza Horizon 5 PvP: Every Week) • Livery DesignsYouTube
#59 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 8:08:48 PM(UTC)
I like the idea of implamenting a flag system with drive through penaltys and make it more realistic but they would lose to many players so in my opinion player created lobbies from forza 4 is the best option you can then remove the players from the lobby that are cutting corners and wall ridding and if you want you can make it a private lobby and have an all out smashfest with your friends the choice is yours you can do what you want instead of the lobby system they are using at the moment
#60 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 11:57:51 PM(UTC)
If they were to add any of these ridiculous penalties, they should be optional. Or perhaps relegated specifically to multiplayer snobby lobbies.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 12:53:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
If they were to add any of these ridiculous penalties, they should be optional. Or perhaps relegated specifically to multiplayer snobby lobbies.

No, only to those that has a motto of - if you cant beat them, then cheat them. You dont get that in the snobby lobbies. Only in kindergarten where you can only win by crash them out or cheat them out.

Edited by user Sunday, November 29, 2015 12:55:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#62 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:04:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FrodoS7 Go to Quoted Post
[...] so in my opinion player created lobbies from forza 4 is the best option you can then remove the players from the lobby that are cutting corners and wall ridding and if you want you can make it a private lobby and have an all out smashfest with your friends the choice is yours you can do what you want instead of the lobby system they are using at the moment

This. I don't have anything against corner cutting as long as everybody does it, custom lobbies is really the only way to get like-minded people together in the same room.
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:36:23 AM(UTC)
I sorta agree with Silv3rEy3d here. If over half the people use cuts, everybody should. Mostly because I race games for fun. It's no fun thinking another racer is cheating to beat me. So I learn the same cuts and I don't have to worry any more. It's kind of like...when in rome do as the romans do. This doesn't mean I smash into people or wall ride. I don't race collision because of the smashers. I don't like to wall ride. If I join a group that agrees to race rules, I can follow those just fine, but multiplayer is akin to the wild west, and I don't want to worry about getting shot.
#64 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:20:19 AM(UTC)
Deliberate and repeated corner-cutting annoys me almost as much as people who deliberately crash other racers. Not much I can do about it other than to race clean myself, and kick/report any offenders when necessary.

Casual Racing Mondays
#65 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:03:47 AM(UTC)
The moral ambiguity in some of these posts is disheartening. It speaks volumes and certainly exemplifies the current state of world affairs.
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
#66 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:15:36 AM(UTC)
It should forcefully slow you down for 5 seconds when you go off track to gain an advantage like PCars. It wouldn't be difficult to figure out where you can gain an advantage on all the tracks, so you don't need to apply that a...olutely everywhere.

Edited by user Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:23:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:17:14 AM(UTC)
The thing that makes this worse in my opinion, is the fact it's easily fixed. Make it so off track you simply can not accelerate, or even make it a slight forced slow down section. Even a combination of the 2 would be awesome.

I think it should start from anywhere, where you can have 4 wheels off the track and gain an advantage by doing it. I'm not sure how to deal with apex cutting, as having them as slow downs can punish genuine mistakes, either lock ups or being tapped from behind which forced a change in your line through the corner.
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:00:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DirtyDawg73 Go to Quoted Post
The moral ambiguity in some of these posts is disheartening. It speaks volumes and certainly exemplifies the current state of world affairs.

I agree; cutting corners just because everybody else does it doesn't fix the problem, it makes it worse.

Casual Racing Mondays
#69 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:42:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

I agree; cutting corners just because everybody else does it doesn't fix the problem, it makes it worse.

Completely agree with PJ and DD, and when did racing a proper race become snobby?

#70 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:24:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HamanEggz Go to Quoted Post

Completely agree with PJ and DD, and when did racing a proper race become snobby?

When those that can't do it (proper racing) have to resort to name calling. And I also agree with the sentiment state above that some of the posts here are disheartening.

#71 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:58:15 AM(UTC)
What is wall riding?
#72 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:22:01 PM(UTC)
Deliberate and repeated corner-cutting annoys me almost as much as people who deliberately crash other racers. Not much I can do about it other than to race clean myself, and kick/report any offenders when necessary.

Though it would be a lot better for everyone's sanity if you could just join a clean room where corner cutters can be kicked on the spot, no?

Then again, what is morally ambiguous about taking a game for what it is, and playing it accordingly? Did you ever consider that Forza may just be THAT kind of game?

I would agree with you here, that it does make it worse for everybody who wants to race clean. Then again, it is what it is.

Originally Posted by: HamanEggz Go to Quoted Post

For the record, I, personally, wouldn't call people wanting to race clean "snobby". Likewise, I wouldn't question the morality of people who cut corners because everyone else does it. It simply seems to be that kind of game. If it wasn't, the game wouldn't allow you to cut all these corners unscathed in the first place.

Oh, hang on, that exactly is the point, isn't it? You want it to be the kind of game that forces you to race clean? Well then, carry on and good luck. Leave the people who cut corners to keep the fun in the game out of it, though, it's really not up to them to fix it, it's up to the developers.

#73 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:11:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Silv3rEy3d Go to Quoted Post

Then again, what is morally ambiguous about taking a game for what it is, and playing it accordingly? Did you ever consider that Forza may just be THAT kind of game?

The moral ambiguity I refer to pertains to anyone that cheats. Just because someone else does it doesn't justify it. A lack of integrity is a lack of integrity. Ultimately the only measure of value that anyone has is their credibility. If you are willing to compromise that for the sake of a few points in a video game, how far are you willing to compromise when something important is on the line? As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has a proven lack of credibility should be regarded among the most repugnant and worthless life-form on the planet.

But maybe that's just me.

#74 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:51:03 PM(UTC)
What about an active lap-time penalty? That time spent in the "cheater zone" multiplies the time by x-amount of time, (only applies if there was little to 0 physical contact involved, >i.e getting rammed within a certain y-amount of time before going into the "cheater zone" would null the penalty<).

In doing so, the person (lets say second place) who raced legitimately who ran a solid race will have their race / lap time to possibly getting them 1st place, if the cheater's race / lap time ends up being worse than the legitimate player (second place).

Edited by user Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:51:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#75 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:55:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Silv3rEy3d Go to Quoted Post

The moral ambiguity I refer to pertains to anyone that cheats. Just because someone else does it doesn't justify it. A lack of integrity is a lack of integrity. Ultimately the only measure of value that anyone has is their credibility. If you are willing to compromise that for the sake of a few points in a video game, how far are you willing to compromise when something important is on the line?

We're talking about a video game, and we're only talking about a video game. One a lot of people bought to unwind and have some fun with. That's what video games are for, no?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has a proven lack of credibility should be regarded among the most repugnant and worthless life-form on the planet.

That's quite the statement over a video game.

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error