5 Pages<<345Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2014 5:01:13 AM(UTC)
More tunes coming shortly.
#102 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 8:31:17 AM(UTC)
Having taken a welcome Fifa break, I've finally come home to Forza; and really looking forward to getting back into it.

Once I've had a nose around, to see what's been happening, I should hopefully start tuning, again.

#103 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 11:33:13 AM(UTC)
I just drove the elan and I love it, it's responsive without darting every which way when going down the straights, and goes into the corners smoothly. When you do get it to let go in the corners or under braking, it still remains very composed, needing only a simple steering or throttle adjustment to get it back together. A very good solid tune for sure.
#104 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2014 1:59:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 Braveheart Go to Quoted Post
Having taken a welcome Fifa break, I've finally come home to Forza; and really looking forward to getting back into it.

Once I've had a nose around, to see what's been happening, I should hopefully start tuning, again.

yeeeeh he is back! :D what's with V12 TNeagle, come he also back?
My twitch channel: http://de.twitch.tv/xmt_sch1wo
#105 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:00:48 AM(UTC)
For the first time in a long time, I took some of the old tunes out for a spin. Beat a few of my times too. Good to see the old tunes are still capable.

Currently working on the Audi Union and a few others.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:54:40 AM(UTC)
Just added a reworked A Class KTM to the collection. It's a little looser than I would normally have it, but it's fast.
#107 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:42:58 AM(UTC)
B Class Lotus Cortina added to list of shared tunes.

Not a bad little car, that has scored me a few top 20's already.
#108 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:39:03 AM(UTC)
C Class Ford RS 1800 added to the collection. I'm still working on this one but have shared the set-up, so far. The car is, at the moment, Top 30 capable on some tracks and will run 1:01's on Prague short reverse.
A nice little car, but still needs some work.

Give her a spin and lemme know what ya think.
#109 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 4:53:33 AM(UTC)
Well as I will be the proud owner of a Xbox one bundle which includes fm5

I will check some of these tunes of for sure

Been a year since I last posted here
#110 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:25:10 AM(UTC)
Thanks for sharing your tunes, shaved off 2-3 seconds in every car that I've used your tune on. Can't thank you enough for making FM5 more enjoyable for the people who can't tune.
#111 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:09:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: catdaddy6968 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for sharing your tunes, shaved off 2-3 seconds in every car that I've used your tune on. Can't thank you enough for making FM5 more enjoyable for the people who can't tune.

Thank you cat, I appreciate that.

My cars may not be the fastest but I tune with consistency in mind.

Thanks for the feedback, bud.
#112 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 4:28:58 AM(UTC)
S Class BMW M1 now shared. Very easy to drive without traction.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 22, 2015 4:49:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#113 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 1:41:19 AM(UTC)
A Class Elise added. Top 10 capable.
#114 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:45:35 PM(UTC)
Thanks Braveheart for sharing, I will make sure I provide feedback to you regarding your tunes.

I have just joined the RPM team and I race with no assists so I am looking forward to having a crack at your tunes to move up the leaderboards. I have a heap of top 100's and couple of top 50's

PTG
#115 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2015 4:30:28 AM(UTC)
Let me know how you get on, bud.
#116 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:58:20 PM(UTC)
Let me try some of these out.
#117 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:31:42 AM(UTC)
Will give some these a shot and let you know. I only mainly raced A class in previous versions.

Not raced since F2 and only just picked up F5 on the off-chance as it was cheap.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:32:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 4:12:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LSR Braveheart Go to Quoted Post

I just tried this tune, but before I comment on it, I'd like to introduce myself to the Forum. I am by no means an elite racer. I most often run with TCS, ABS and Auto transmission turned on. I do so by choice, as currently I find the game to be the most fun in this mode for me. The exception is drag racing, where there is no reason not to turn all the assists off. I've played plenty of racing games in the distant past on PC, and got good at Gran Turismo 2 on Playstation back in 1999-2000, but I hadn't done much gaming since then. Then my wife got me an Xbox One and Forza 5. I've been racing on FM 5 for about 1.5 years and FH2 since it came out. I've also got some experience running some real race cars around race tracks by participating in the Dale Jarrett Racing School at Talladega (hit 170 MPH) and Exotics Racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (I drove 10 of the 13 cars there and did a lap in 58.69 seconds in the Aventador, although I liked the 458 Italia better ), so I have a good idea what the real thing should feel like. I race on Forza using either the standard Xbox controller or my Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel, which I got about 3 weeks ago. I've been learning slowly about how to race, build and tune in Forza 5. I've tried my own hand at building and tuning, mostly for grip, and while my tunes will often get me in the top 1% on a leaderboard, they're nowhere near as good as the best tunes out there, but they usually make me happy enough to like driving the car and to get what I consider a reasonable time. I've tried using the FT5 calculator, and it does OK in some respects. It can give you a good starting point for spring settings, and it taught me how adjust those values for oversteer and understeer. It kind of points you in the right direction for other things like Toe and Caster, although the Camber settings seem a little odd, especially with rear camber being larger than front camber. Occasionally I have difficulty with a particular tune. I was having difficulty with Lotus Elise A Class tune, and that's when I decided to immerse myself in the forums, and I learned a lot by reading the posts here. After doing so, I understand at least some of the nuances, issues and controversies with regard to how to tune cars in Forza 5, and the various experiences people will have with different tunes. Thanks to all the gurus who really know their stuff and post here. You know who you are. :)

Back to the tune - First, I want to say that I really like this tune. The first thing I did was take it out on Catalunya Grand Prix. Besides this being a LB car for that track, it also seems to me to be a good track on which to test a tune - many different types of turns, including a long sweeping one, and a straight long enough to make top speed a factor, and it only takes a couple minutes to get round. The car seemed very stable and controllable, and even if you did get things out of joint, it was very easy to make a correction and get back on track. Although the car was stable, it was not slow or sluggish, and it did not allow you to get sloppy. It seemed to be balanced at about the right point between stability and responsiveness. Running the assists that I used did not in any way seem to "ruin" the experience of driving this car with this tune using the controller. By the end of my very first hot lap with this car, I had already beaten my previous personal best with my own KTM X-Bow tune by around 1.8 seconds. I then tried this tune with my wheel, and it was very drivable. I did not set a new PB with the wheel, although I about equaled my previous PB. I attribute that to having driven 1.5 years with the controller and 3 weeks with the wheel. This particular tune both feels good and is faster than my own tunes, so I have to consider this tune a definite success from my point of view.

I liked this tune enough to attempt to reverse engineer it and tweak it for my use. I was able to tune it for my driving style and lop about 2 more seconds off my time around Catalunya Grand Prix, which meant I'd turned it into a Top 1% tune for me. I ran it with TCS, ABS and Auto transmission. And yes, I realize running with all assists turned off will make me faster - that's just not my priority at present. I can always try that later if I feel like I need more of a challenge or feel the need to improve my times even more. I've shared my version of the tune if anyone wants to take a look at it.
#119 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 11:47:19 AM(UTC)
I've added a few R Class cars to the mix;

Ultima (Grip)
Nissan R390 (Will run top 100 on Spa)
Koni Agera ( runs well on Bathurst)

Give them a go and let me know how you fair.
#120 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 1:25:17 AM(UTC)
S class USF added to the mix. Runs very well without traction. Has scored me a ciupke of top 20 times so far.
#121 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 6:11:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeedRacer370Z Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LSR Braveheart Go to Quoted Post

I just tried this tune, but before I comment on it, I'd like to introduce myself to the Forum. I am by no means an elite racer. I most often run with TCS, ABS and Auto transmission turned on. I do so by choice, as currently I find the game to be the most fun in this mode for me. The exception is drag racing, where there is no reason not to turn all the assists off. I've played plenty of racing games in the distant past on PC, and got good at Gran Turismo 2 on Playstation back in 1999-2000, but I hadn't done much gaming since then. Then my wife got me an Xbox One and Forza 5. I've been racing on FM 5 for about 1.5 years and FH2 since it came out. I've also got some experience running some real race cars around race tracks by participating in the Dale Jarrett Racing School at Talladega (hit 170 MPH) and Exotics Racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (I drove 10 of the 13 cars there and did a lap in 58.69 seconds in the Aventador, although I liked the 458 Italia better ), so I have a good idea what the real thing should feel like. I race on Forza using either the standard Xbox controller or my Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel, which I got about 3 weeks ago. I've been learning slowly about how to race, build and tune in Forza 5. I've tried my own hand at building and tuning, mostly for grip, and while my tunes will often get me in the top 1% on a leaderboard, they're nowhere near as good as the best tunes out there, but they usually make me happy enough to like driving the car and to get what I consider a reasonable time. I've tried using the FT5 calculator, and it does OK in some respects. It can give you a good starting point for spring settings, and it taught me how adjust those values for oversteer and understeer. It kind of points you in the right direction for other things like Toe and Caster, although the Camber settings seem a little odd, especially with rear camber being larger than front camber. Occasionally I have difficulty with a particular tune. I was having difficulty with Lotus Elise A Class tune, and that's when I decided to immerse myself in the forums, and I learned a lot by reading the posts here. After doing so, I understand at least some of the nuances, issues and controversies with regard to how to tune cars in Forza 5, and the various experiences people will have with different tunes. Thanks to all the gurus who really know their stuff and post here. You know who you are. :)

Back to the tune - First, I want to say that I really like this tune. The first thing I did was take it out on Catalunya Grand Prix. Besides this being a LB car for that track, it also seems to me to be a good track on which to test a tune - many different types of turns, including a long sweeping one, and a straight long enough to make top speed a factor, and it only takes a couple minutes to get round. The car seemed very stable and controllable, and even if you did get things out of joint, it was very easy to make a correction and get back on track. Although the car was stable, it was not slow or sluggish, and it did not allow you to get sloppy. It seemed to be balanced at about the right point between stability and responsiveness. Running the assists that I used did not in any way seem to "ruin" the experience of driving this car with this tune using the controller. By the end of my very first hot lap with this car, I had already beaten my previous personal best with my own KTM X-Bow tune by around 1.8 seconds. I then tried this tune with my wheel, and it was very drivable. I did not set a new PB with the wheel, although I about equaled my previous PB. I attribute that to having driven 1.5 years with the controller and 3 weeks with the wheel. This particular tune both feels good and is faster than my own tunes, so I have to consider this tune a definite success from my point of view.

I liked this tune enough to attempt to reverse engineer it and tweak it for my use. I was able to tune it for my driving style and lop about 2 more seconds off my time around Catalunya Grand Prix, which meant I'd turned it into a Top 1% tune for me. I ran it with TCS, ABS and Auto transmission. And yes, I realize running with all assists turned off will make me faster - that's just not my priority at present. I can always try that later if I feel like I need more of a challenge or feel the need to improve my times even more. I've shared my version of the tune if anyone wants to take a look at it.

A quick update - over the past 5 months I've retuned many of my cars. I've found that using a wheel forces you to tune the car more to the sweet spot than the controller - which is a good thing - it points out the more subtle flaws in your tune and makes you correct them. Also, I'd maxed out on how far I was going to get driving an automatic transmission, and I've started racing manual with clutch. As I expected, I'm already seeing improvements of as much as 3 seconds per lap, and many of the LBs where I was not in the top 1% have dropped to that level or near it. I've just started driving a manual a few days ago, so I've got lots of LB times to redo. :D Driving manual with the paddle shifters on the wheel is far more enjoyable, btw, than with the controller. It feels very much like when I raced the real things at Exotics Racing in Las Vegas.
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error