4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2015 6:24:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LunaticLevi Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if the track selection in any league, but specifically the exec. heavyweight is Random or in a pre determined list? And if so can anyone tell me the track order for Exec. Heavyweights? I only managed to write down:
Sonoma short
Daytona sports car circuit
Road Atlanta Club
Laguna Seca

Predetermined and sequential.

#52 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2015 7:07:07 PM(UTC)
I never have cared much for E class. It's too slow. If there is a car class that should never need to be set up as "ghost" its this one. I have a question as well, is there a list of the different groups and the cars that belong in that group. Example...I had no idea what an executive heavy hitter was until I googled it and then had to guess at what cars belong in this group.
#53 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2015 9:09:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: moparjay Go to Quoted Post
I never have cared much for E class. It's too slow. If there is a car class that should never need to be set up as "ghost" its this one. I have a question as well, is there a list of the different groups and the cars that belong in that group. Example...I had no idea what an executive heavy hitter was until I googled it and then had to guess at what cars belong in this group.

Agreed. It's best suited for collision lobbies and intense side by side racing. That's where the low classes shine.

The heavyweights were a bit sketchy tonight. It was pretty amazing seeing someone intentionally wreck a guy in front of a T10 employee. Swift justice was in store.
#54 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2015 9:14:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AllKindzaGains Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain this point system? I raced once and came first, got 700 points.
I check the leaderboards, and the guy in first has 120,000 points? How is this possible with the event only being open for an hour? (Im writing this at 7:00pm, there will be a delay from moderators)

What am I missing? Is someone hacking? why am I only getting 700 points in a race, when I'm coming first? Id have to do 200 races to beat the guy in first. Im lost.

Race in full lobbies. Place 10th in a 24 player lobby and you'll earn 1400 points.

Win the race or place top 5 and you'll get 2000+ points and stack 20-40k without too much effort in one window. If you're in the Americas, good luck finding a full lobby.

Edited by user Monday, November 9, 2015 9:15:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2015 9:58:55 PM(UTC)
I jumped on tonight for some league racing and i was in for a big surprise! Never seen such horrible racing! People crashing in to you on purpose! The lobby was full of Cadillacs so i knew i was in trouble right from the start! Back to iracing for good clean racing!
#56 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:08:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TrendIsFERENZO Go to Quoted Post

I still think the disconnect is intentional by MS employees who have access to the game database and have singled out good players who are a threat to their game and are intentionally disconnecting to enhance their winning positions. Notice when you are disconnect that there are always one or more cars that are monitoring the race. ...

move to alt.conspiracy ... lmao

My Forza Paints --> http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/Sevetamryn
The Logos / Vinyl groups i made are public too
#57 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:18:22 AM(UTC)
Can someone explain this point system? I raced once and came first, got 700 points.
I check the leaderboards, and the guy in first has 120,000 points? How is this possible with the event only being open for an hour? (Im writing this at 7:00pm, there will be a delay from moderators)

As i know there is no official documentation, but a discussion here: Clean-rcing-in-leagues-does-pay-back---some-findings-and-conclusions

In short words:
- 100 points per car from behind when finish (so max 2400 when 1st in full lobby)
- 100 points per clean lap in ghost lobby (not confirmed, but looks like regarding my calculations)
- looks like a lot of extra points for - whatever - in race lobby. Looks like for clean laps and / or clean passes
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:31:10 AM(UTC)
Really enjoying the executive heavyweights league, built myself a very nice, fairly competitive '03 M5.

Just a shame the windows for it are rather awkward UK times, don't think I'll get another chance to race in it after today.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#59 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:50:24 AM(UTC)
I haven't done either league yet as I'm building a new B/600 car.

I did do some E/300 Career races yesterday however, those cars are just a little too slow for me. Looking at the leaderboards that Mazda Cosmo is the best choice on most tracks.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:06:32 AM(UTC)
Hmm, yes ... E CLass looked very good on my 1st races on Sunday. But meanwhile it look like a quest for the best Cosmo Tune ...
#61 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:10:37 AM(UTC)
Might do a few ghost league races for the end payout, but probably will take this week off from leagues. Last league (Sport GT) was quite frustrating. Did all my races Thru-Sun. Got disconnected from lobby about 20 times. The longest stretch of consecutive races I could do was 7.
#62 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:07:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post
Really enjoying the executive heavyweights league, built myself a very nice, fairly competitive '03 M5.

Just a shame the windows for it are rather awkward UK times, don't think I'll get another chance to race in it after today.

They are weird for the west coast US as well man. Heavys ended at 10:30pm and did not restart until 2am? That my prime window for gaming so that sucks lol.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:17:48 PM(UTC)
Ya, the times that the lobbies close are terrible. Now with all the constant disconnections as well, I'm not feeling very motivated to play.

Sevetamryn, at least in Ghost league, clean laps do not give any extra points. I rarely ever get a dirty lap and I pay attention to how many points I get after each race. I only ever get 100 points for each person I finish ahead of that is still left in the race at the end, plus 100. Last place gets 100, second last gets 200, third last 300 etc.

It would be nice if there were bonuses for clean laps. I'd have a heck of a lot more points if that was the case.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:18:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

What am I missing? Is someone hacking? why am I only getting 700 points in a race, when I'm coming first? Id have to do 200 races to beat the guy in first. Im lost.

Race in full lobbies. Place 10th in a 24 player lobby and you'll earn 1400 points.

Win the race or place top 5 and you'll get 2000+ points and stack 20-40k without too much effort in one window. If you're in the Americas, good luck finding a full lobby.

Also, clean laps and clean passes seem to add more points in collision leagues.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:24:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:21:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS 40oz Method Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post

They are weird for the west coast US as well man. Heavys ended at 10:30pm and did not restart until 2am? That my prime window for gaming so that sucks lol.

Yeah that's basically the same here in the UK. My usual gaming window is 10PM onwards so it's a hard to get the most out of the league.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#66 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:30:04 PM(UTC)
Just tried the Executive League, the Cadillac CTS-V is by far the most popular car. After a few races I was staring to get used to it, but with cars this big and heavy there are a lot of incidents in the braking zones. My car ended up being used as a second brake pedal too many times for me to enjoy the racing, so I dropped out.

I'll wait and see what's in next week's Leagues, as this week's don't really suit me it seems.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:30:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: .

#67 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:00:23 PM(UTC)
Tonights racing started very well with some good clean racing in the Executive League. However this so turned into a farce with carnage on every turn. We even had an idiot hanging back a lap just to ruin everyones race. Considering im in the pinnacle division I cannot believe this sort of behaviour occurs.

I shall post a video tomorrow showing a typical race from tonights session. I will add the mayhem was caused by a Clan from France!
User is suspended until 5/26/2043 12:51:59 PM(UTC)
#68 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:07:44 PM(UTC)
Nothing can seem to compete with the CTS-V, SADLY 80% of people are using it everytime which makes the races really boring.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:26:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ridin Sideways Go to Quoted Post
Nothing can seem to compete with the CTS-V, SADLY 80% of people are using it everytime which makes the races really boring.

After seeing the car list it was to be expected. The CTS-V is actually a pretty good car in open A class as is. Make its competition all the Heavy weights and its dominant.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:58:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EMW IVORBIGUN Go to Quoted Post
Tonights racing started very well with some good clean racing in the Executive League. However this so turned into a farce with carnage on every turn. We even had an idiot hanging back a lap just to ruin everyones race. Considering im in the pinnacle division I cannot believe this sort of behaviour occurs.

I shall post a video tomorrow showing a typical race from tonights session. I will add the mayhem was caused by a Clan from France!

I was in the same lobby for a while and I have to agree that the driving standards were atrocious. There would be 8+ people spun out of turn one of every race, mostly caused by a few people (from a certain group).

I did predict before this league started that there would be carnage at turn one because of the nature of the heavy cars, but you would have thought that 'pinnacle' drivers would be able to adapt and drive accordingly!
#71 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:21:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ridin Sideways Go to Quoted Post

Maserati gt-s is probably better on speed tracks. Certainly Monza alt and Daytona. But yeah mostly the cts-v is the go to car.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:21:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theSNaiL46 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Also, clean laps and clean passes seem to add more points in collision leagues.

While that's all well and good the leaderboards still value participation over skill. Somebody that wins 5 races will lose out to somebody that finishes mid-pack in 20+ for example. A number of people I spoke to in Pinnacle last night told me they stopped caring about the League leaderboards and only use Leagues as a way to try out new cars and/or get some cleaner racing than the Hoppers.
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:35:44 AM(UTC)
I really like the lower class races (B, C, D, and E) whether they are ghosting or not. I've been enjoying the "E Class Ghost League" so far this week and I seem to have made a few decent tunes which have been allowing me to keep up with the leaders. The Ghost Leagues are nice because they allow everyone to push a little harder during every race. I like non-ghosting races too but I've found most of those lobbies to be vocally violent. I'm not against someone voicing their frustration when someone knocks them onto the grass whether it's on purpose or by accident but there are always a lot of drivers yelling at other drivers to "get out of the way!" to put it mildly. I didn't know we had royalty in North America until I started playing Forza online.

One thing I would like to see is the inclusion of some longer tracks in the lower class races. Low class = short track seems to be the case all of the time and I would like to see some E or D class races around the "Ring". Or perhaps a League event that has 15 or 20 lap races. When I race I'm normally online for several hours and whether I race 3 races or 30 doesn't really matter as long as I get to drive. =) I know there are a lot of people that rage quit after they drop below 5th place but if they knew they'd have to wait for 20 minutes before the next race started they might hang in there a bit longer.

One track I definitely don't like is that "Disconnected From Lobby" one. I'm not sure what country it's in but it's way too short and it comes up far too often in the rotation.

I'd also like to see a list of assists that people are using on the leader board if that's possible (not just in League racing). I'm not interested in getting extra points for racing with all assists off but I would like to know how good I'm doing compared to other drivers. I've been passed in corners by a lot of Jeeps on 2 wheels in the current League races and I'm just wondering if that's skill or the hand of God.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:06:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Caped Madman Go to Quoted Post
I really like the lower class races (B, C, D, and E) whether they are ghosting or not. I've been enjoying the "E Class Ghost League" so far this week and I seem to have made a few decent tunes which have been allowing me to keep up with the leaders. The Ghost Leagues are nice because they allow everyone to push a little harder during every race. I like non-ghosting races too but I've found most of those lobbies to be vocally violent. I'm not against someone voicing their frustration when someone knocks them onto the grass whether it's on purpose or by accident but there are always a lot of drivers yelling at other drivers to "get out of the way!" to put it mildly. I didn't know we had royalty in North America until I started playing Forza online.

One thing I would like to see is the inclusion of some longer tracks in the lower class races. Low class = short track seems to be the case all of the time and I would like to see some E or D class races around the "Ring". Or perhaps a League event that has 15 or 20 lap races. When I race I'm normally online for several hours and whether I race 3 races or 30 doesn't really matter as long as I get to drive. =) I know there are a lot of people that rage quit after they drop below 5th place but if they knew they'd have to wait for 20 minutes before the next race started they might hang in there a bit longer.

One track I definitely don't like is that "Disconnected From Lobby" one. I'm not sure what country it's in but it's way too short and it comes up far too often in the rotation.

I'd also like to see a list of assists that people are using on the leader board if that's possible (not just in League racing). I'm not interested in getting extra points for racing with all assists off but I would like to know how good I'm doing compared to other drivers. I've been passed in corners by a lot of Jeeps on 2 wheels in the current League races and I'm just wondering if that's skill or the hand of God.

The Jeep has unreal grip physics. Not a lot of skill is required to turn good laps.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:37:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Caped Madman Go to Quoted Post

General leaderboards do show assists:

Each column has 2 halves of a circle on display:

ABS / Left: ABS assist / Right: Assisted Auto-Braking
TCS / Left: STM assist / Right: TCS assist
Auto / Left: Manual (no Clutch) / Right: Automatic
File / Left: Tune Available to Download / Right: Replay and Ghost Available

The only assist that doesn't show on the boards is the Racing Line.

If you want to see the Hardcore leaderboards (which only contains laptimes by those using no assists) then press X multiple times to find it.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error