8 Pages<<5678PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#151 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:13:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: the sVig Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MSPEED6 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hirnkastl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: benjidordoni Go to Quoted Post
I But its been two months of odd ball cars. We want

* You want. Unless you're some sort of conglomerate entity, composed of multiple intelligences forming a single physical body, I would suggest you use the singular, first-person "I" when discussing your preferences.

[Mod Edit - 'voting' for cars that don't exist in the game can be done in the Car Wish List thread at the top of the forum. - MM]

lol clearly car wish list is a big waste of time.

You spamming here isn't?

nah i just want my 100bux back for this awful game. Clearly all the old Forza 4 top designers got snatched by Polyphony.

And yet Polyphony have done nothing new at all barely, certainly not where cars in the game are involved and certainly not bothering to upgrade the PS2 era standard models...

Not to mention the new Gran Turismo game looks to be a major, utter disappointment. Prologue with a different name.
#152 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:18:39 AM(UTC)
It's kind of ironic that in the same month we got one of the most successful race cars ever and one the of the biggest disasters in recent memory.

I'm still looking forward to trying both of them.
 4 users liked this post.
#153 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:23:41 AM(UTC)
The Datsun should be a lot of low tier fun.

I used to own a 1966 Datsun 1600. I nearly died in that car, but it sure was a fun car to drive.

It was so cute. One day while pushing it back to my old apartment in Venice Beach ( in the rain) , I had two different women ask me if I needed help pushing it back to my place. That is the mark of a seriously cute car. Nobody asked me that while I was pushing my old Valiant. Ahhh...Prince Valiant. Another subject for another day.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#154 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:27:55 AM(UTC)
Classic Compact : 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
Classic Compact : 1977 Holden Torana A9X
Early GT Racing : 1980 Lancia #31 Lancia Corse Beta Montecarlo Turbo
Modern GT Racing : 2014 Maserati #35 M.Calamia Swiss Team MC Trofeo
Endurance Prototypes : 2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80
Endurance Prototypes : 2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO

not classified in career : 2000 Plymouth Prowler, 1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4

Perhaps the McLaren is in a 1980's Grand Prix class (since there was a hint about a class of its own in the clue thread) but that would be one we will only see in multiplayer then.

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#155 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:28:48 AM(UTC)
Something is definitely up with the Mclaren, steering is far to sensitive on a controller, its stupid and undriveable, try moving across the track and you'll be straight into a wall....then there's eau rouge....

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna -Support our unicorn saint!!!

RIP Steven Anthony Brieno
AKA "Doodley Squat"
May 1st, 1959 - April 30, 2014
#156 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:35:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Psychomantyx Go to Quoted Post
The nismo gt-r has ridiculous high fuel consumption. Okay I upgraded it to highest level Every three laps I must pitting in le mans. The mazda lola can run much much longer and was upgraded too 6 laps are possible with full speed. With lift and coast maybe 7 laps. That car run lunger than the audi r18 with hybrid system....interessting

The hybrid systems of the Audi and the Nissan arent working in fm6.
#157 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:35:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diesel Blows Go to Quoted Post
Something is definitely up with the Mclaren, steering is far to sensitive on a controller, its stupid and undriveable, try moving across the track and you'll be straight into a wall....then there's eau rouge....

You're genuinely the only person I've seen have this issue and it's been fine for me without any assists on.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#158 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:44:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post

You're genuinely the only person I've seen have this issue and it's been fine for me without any assists on.

Well myself and a friend just struggled to complete a lap of spa, I've tried tuning it and no better, if I breath on my left stick its ready to take a hairpin turn, it's a shame but the maserati is quite nice and only dlc car that really interests me so far.

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna -Support our unicorn saint!!!

RIP Steven Anthony Brieno
AKA "Doodley Squat"
May 1st, 1959 - April 30, 2014
 1 user liked this post.
#159 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:40:15 PM(UTC)
Heh, I can't believe I'm doing this, but in defense of the Prowler:

The 3.5L V6 was the highest-output engine Chrysler had at the time that could fit in the engine bay. The power seems weak, but was actually comparable to their Magnum V8 at the time. It was also an aluminum-heavy body that when coupled with the [comparatively] lightweight engine still did 0-60 in less than six seconds.

The 4-Speed Auto was chosen only because their manuals were too weak. It apparently (never driven a Prowler nor any Chrysler product with the 4-Speed AutoStick) also shifted hard and fast, not bad for a late 90s auto.
One of "The 50"
#160 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:46:37 PM(UTC)

Yeah, 1 hour in the tuning garage and it is still very, very hard to drive. I can manage around the track, but it is neither fast nor fun. I am severely disappointed :(
 2 users liked this post.
#161 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:47:56 PM(UTC)
PSA: You can drop a 787b 4 Rotor into the #70 Mazda Lola B12/80 LMP2 Car to Create a modern 787LMP1. This should make up for the fact that the Lola with its traditional diesel power train was one of the biggest failures in modern IMSA racing. This thing with the 4 rotor is sickeningly fast. Enjoy.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:45:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#162 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:11:24 PM(UTC)
Forza Motorsports has always had a decent mix of both race-born (fully fledged race cars) and street cars that, given the right tratment, can have your super fast cars keeping an eye out in rear vision mirrors - well, to some extent lol. I own every iteration of the franchise, and also had the 3 great V8 Supercars (TOCA in Europe) and they supplied race only vehicle, as did GRID, which was an amazing game to begin with actually. But Forza Motor-Sports supplies 'both' race-only and Street-driven vehicles.

As an example, I just did a decent upgrade to the Prowler, and it stuck to the track and delivered some decent times around Road Atlanta. I'd suggest ppl do try the various upgrades available to the Prowler, as it's basically a race-born chassis in need of a decent engine & driveline mix to bring out the real "growl" in the Prowler..... Check out the superchargers, they can ad mid range HP/torque to get the most out of the car.

While some ppl in here might continue to (endlessly) sneer at such cars as the Prowler, the 69 Datsun 2000 Roadster, VW Bettle, Holden and early Mazdas etc, they may never have scraped a knuckle while burning the midnight oil stripping one of those down to a bare shell and then bringing it back to life under a different guise. The pleasure in doing something like that is immeasurable, and seeing them driving around the street or racing the circuit is something one needs to experience once in their life, if the really love cars...

The Prowler was a beautiful machine which was built using space age chrome moly tub front and rear suspension, the likes of which you'd find on any open wheeler or similar. It was one of the first 'hot rod' street legal mass production vehicles available at the time.

The Datsun Roadster saw plenty of race life in both circuit and rally. It was one of the most sought after cars by many entry level circuit racers that needed a fast, reliable and track sturdy base vehicle in order to gain their provisional racing licences. So why knock something that is basically one of the first stepping stones for many well known racing drivers.

Seenna didn't start his racing career In formula 1. He started in karting...

Forza Motorsports is just that Motor Sports, a game covering all manner of styles of motor sport. If you're just into the F1 or DTM or anything race-only, then there's plenty available, and still yet many to come. And for those of us who like to build our own, Forza supply's us with a myriad of choices to start on.

Just enjoy what's given to you, rather than complain all the time.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:18:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#163 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:16:28 PM(UTC)
My thoughts after driving the cars in the pack
Datsun- This is an enjoyable car. I drove it around Lime Rock and it was pretty fun race.
Holden- This car surprised me, I hadn't heard of it before this pack and I was quite surprised how fun it was to drive, and also surprised when it decided to tripod on me at different points around Bathurst.
Lancia- Fun car to drive, didn't know much about this car either, love the sound of the turbo when shifting.
Maserati- I was surprised to see this in S-class, it was a pretty easy car to drive not very fast compared to the other S-class vehicles
Mazda- I did not enjoy this car, the engine sound was way too low, and it stalled off the start even if I held the clutch in or not.
McLaren- Wow this thing can accelerate! I found this car a bit difficult to drive, the handling was a bit sensitive, but I was able to not crash it.
Nissan- I am still unsure about this car, I didn't enjoy going into second gear because every time I did I encountered understeer but outside of that issue it isn't a bad car, it's just a bit confusing on how it's supposed to driven.
Plymouth- Honestly the most disappointing car of the pack in my opinion, not the fault of Forza, but it just is a bad car in general, A naturally aspirated V6 automatic that only produces 250 hp, normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but then you factor in the weight and you get a car that is sluggish. Fortunately we have tuning and upgrades to turn this retro hot rod into a true hot rod.
Overall thoughts: A pretty good pack with some good additions. I should be able to get some pretty good use out of the Datsun, Holden and the Plymouth in B-class. Can't wait to see what this surprise is!
#164 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:41:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post

Classic Compact : 1977 Holden Torana A9X

I'd put this under something like "Classic Touring Car" since the A9X was an option on the Torana developed for the purpose of "winning in Australian Touring Car racing" as per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Torana#A9X_option :)

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:42:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#165 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:01:43 PM(UTC)
Not exactly a failure if it improves the reliability of the production engine for daily drivers they learned a lot about the motor and worked closely with Mazda in Japan. Sure the pace wasn't there at the end of the day but they tried something different and is was a marketing campaign for the SkyActiv engines. I had my fingers crossed for them at every race that we would see a breakout performance one day yeah it didn't happen but I supported their efforts now next season they will be using the MZR-R 2 LITER 4 4cyl turbo and we know how competitive that motor is so 2016 Mazda will have a better showing
#166 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:33:14 PM(UTC)
The Datsun has terrific handling stock. The Lancia is already a leaderboard car downgraded to S/800. I love driving it with assists off. The Maserati has a little too much oversteer after tuning, but it's still driveable. I opted for the 350 Chevy in the Prowler. Now it drives great. I didn't try the 426 Hemi with the old school roots type blower on top. That should be interesting. And you can take the front bumpers off.
#167 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 12:41:36 AM(UTC)
SO are any of the cars FREE????

if your all not to busy talking [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:58:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#168 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:35:21 AM(UTC)
I gave the McLaren 4/4 two laps around Silverstone and it doesn't feel any more squirrelly than the other F1 cars in the game - and it IS an F1 car, guys. These things aren't easy to drive.
 1 user liked this post.
#169 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:36:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrGreenThumb NZ Go to Quoted Post

if your all not to busy talking [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

The Nissan GT-R LM is the free car this month.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:58:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#170 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:26:31 AM(UTC)
Datsun in E and D is too slow for bigger tracks due to terrible top end. It's better as a grip car for these two classes but won't take the leaderboards by storm unless you change the engine.

Got a grip version in D that'll shut up some civics, but is a top 30 car at best. I'd recommend it as a D class grip alternative for lobbies. It's a good car for sure.
#171 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:26:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Regrozenah Go to Quoted Post

if your all not to busy talking BS

That car isn't part of the pack though?
I have the car pass so I can't answer if or which car from the pack was/is free?

2Old4Forza
#172 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:03:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OldSchool 2O4F Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Regrozenah Go to Quoted Post

if your all not to busy talking BS

That car isn't part of the pack though?
I have the car pass so I can't answer if or which car from the pack was/is free?

I think the concept of one of the cars from the pack being free no longer exists, instead offering a free standalone car.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#173 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:08:51 PM(UTC)
So I took the Torana around Mt Panorama because I'm a basic Forza player that has to drive Aussie cars on an Aussie track

Man that thing is a riot to drive, had the car on two wheels around some corners, not tuned or upgraded or anything..insane

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#174 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 6:00:06 PM(UTC)
Definitely pleasing the Australian & New Zealand Crowds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccGMSlBXA-o
 1 user liked this post.
#175 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 6:40:58 PM(UTC)
Great to see the A9X Torana. Keep pumping out the Aussie muscle cars please. A run of touring cars would be awesome.
Click for my YouTube channel >
YouTube/Xbox1Falcon
8 Pages<<5678PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error