4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 11:54:34 AM(UTC)
In spite of the recent posting the WD, I've made this thread specifically for people (such as myself) to discuss and "chat" about the November DLC Clue Thread.

Some people, such as myself, have gotten carried away with the amount of posts they have posted in the clue thread.

If you have anything to say about the clue thread, please feel free to discuss that here.

One thing though, please DO NOT make this a wishlist, this is a discussion thread, NOT a wishlist.

If you have a wish, post it in here: Wishlist Thread

EDIT: Please don't put your first time guesses in here, any first time guesses go here

Other than that,

Have Fun!

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:21:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 12:48:48 PM(UTC)
Alright, so here are the clues from the clue thread that John made up to be very vague (again).

Clue One

Dominant, pioneering, and in Forza it's in a class by itself

Clue Two

I'm willing to bet it's silhouette alone will capture your heart.

Clue Three

So fast he could pull to the side, reset his systems and still win the race.

Clue Four

No worries mate! Pretty sure this will be a hit.

Clue Five

A millennial moonshot.

Clue Six

I'm not dumb, but I can't understand why more American cars don't take advantage of this technology.

Clue Seven

Shazbot, Nanu Nanu

We need to work together to figure out John's vague clues.

Anyone have any solutions?
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:13:02 PM(UTC)
#1-Tyrell Indy car
#2-Vector W8
#3-Mach 5 (Speed Racer)
#4-Aussi. Ute (please)
#5-Acura NSX
#6-BMW I8
#7-Mork and Mindy CJ7

Just guesses but we could get lucky.
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:20:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tunderjolt100 Go to Quoted Post
#1-Tyrell Indy car
#2-Vector W8
#3-Mach 5 (Speed Racer)
#4-Aussi. Ute (please)
#5-Acura NSX
#6-BMW I8
#7-Mork and Mindy CJ7

Just guesses but we could get lucky.
If you haven't posted in the DLC Clue Thread made by John, then your guesses go here: Clue Thread

Thanks

#5 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:21:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vProCar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: zomgfast Go to Quoted Post
I hope this is what we're getting.

What?
The car or the girl? :P

In all seriousness, that car would be cool to have in Forza

Are we talking about a Baywatch DLC here? lol

Mod edit - wsd - removed from wrong thread

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:34:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:26:35 PM(UTC)
Clue 1: Ford Model T (so slow it should be in a class of it's own, but probably will be class E with less than 100 performance points)
Clue 2: Nissan Skyline RS Silhouette Formula (has Silhouette in the name and in the body)
Clue 3: DMC DeLorean DMC-12 (Doc could start the race, go to sleep then go back in time to finish the race! Heck, he could even start and finish a few milliseconds later!)
Clue 4: 1969 Ford Falcon XW GTHO Phase II (has to be an Australian car and they don't get more famous than the old GTHO!)
Clue 5: Gumpert Apollo (a car with the same name as a space mission? Perfect)
Clue 6: BMW i8 (Never see this kind of tech in an american car)
Clue 7: Plymouth Prowler (I think this is a lot more obvious than a Jeep because the name of the song that had those words at the end was called Prowler)
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:31:54 PM(UTC)
I can see a possibility of stock cars. You've got Daytona, Indy, Watkins Glen, Sonoma, and road America. All tracks NASCAR goes to.
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:33:23 PM(UTC)
Cant remember which race last year but Hamilton had to pit and reset his car computer and he went back in and won.
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:39:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KevinImpala08 Go to Quoted Post
I can see a possibility of stock cars. You've got Daytona, Indy, Watkins Glen, Sonoma, and road America. All tracks NASCAR goes to.
Maybe, but I think if Turn 10 were to add stock cars to the game, I'd assume they'd do a DLC designated to stock cars only. You never know though.

#10 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:39:26 PM(UTC)
Okay, I admit that the Saleen S7 was already in the game. It was a mistake. Here's hoping that clue five will land us on the 2016 Ford Focus RS. It's a moonshot from the 2003 Ford Focus RS we had on-game. Some proof of might will help prove it...

Focus RS: Rebirth of an Icon – Ep 1: Project Kick-Off Featuring Ken Block
2016 Focus RS and Shelby Domination- The Carlisle
Focus RS “Rebirth of an Icon” - Ep 4: Test-track Trials
Focus RS: Rebirth of an Icon – Ep 3: Hitting the Road

#11 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 2:26:11 PM(UTC)
I really hope that clue one is referring to the early 90s Williams f1 car with active suspension. It was both pioneering and dominant.
CXR ELITE UCCIO
Tune requests taken.
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 2:45:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FirstRumble5434 Go to Quoted Post
Cant remember which race last year but Hamilton had to pit and reset his car computer and he went back in and won.

I wonder if the answer to this would be found in rereading Rear View Mirror articles.
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:55:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FirstRumble5434 Go to Quoted Post

I wonder if the answer to this would be found in rereading Rear View Mirror articles.
Has anyone found anything on this? Maybe through the RVM articles like Max mentioned?

I can't find anything myself.

#14 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:56:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: F Caris Go to Quoted Post

Clue 4: 1969 Ford Falcon XW GTHO Phase II (has to be an Australian car and they don't get more famous than the old GTHO!)

Would really prefer it to be another Holden/HSV rather than a Ford (not so much a massive Holden fan or anything, there's just enough Fords in the game already).

Maybe the Maloo ute or the Torana
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 4:34:23 PM(UTC)
I find it likely the first clue refers to a racing car just as dominant suggests competition. It could mean sales but I think that is unlikely. The key point has to be 'in a class of it's own' in Forza. This could mean it's either very old or unique in that there isn't anything too similar in the game. Possibly both. At any rate my mind went to something like the Bugatti Type 35. But possibly something old with a bunch of technical highlights. Everyone keeps saying various other racing cars but none seemed to fulfil the key point of being in a class of it's own, when there is already a bunch of different era F1 cars, single seaters, Can Am, touring cars and whatnot to actually be in the same sort of class.

Silhouette seems to be the key word in the second clue and it's easy to jump right to the Skyline. However it could just as easily be construed as an iconic shaped car or something which would blow the whole guessing game wide open there, take your pick.

Clue 3 is worded strangely. Something is referred to as a 'He.' Are we talking about someone who drove the vehicle, or potentially the vehicle itself? Are we talking about a specific incident of someone driving the car or something else entirely? Curious.....

Everyone is jumping on the use of the phrase 'No worries mate.' and linking it with Australia. Seems obvious enough. I'm unsure if the second sentence has any particular meaning besides it potentially being a popular selection.

A Milllennial Moonshot- everyone is going for the Gumpert Apollo S. My mind initially went to this the instant I read the clue. It could just be that simple, especially when you realise said car featured in Forza 4, seems a shoe in.

Some kind of unique or uncommon technology not seen on many American built or designed cars? The way it is worded - 'more American cars' hints to me the car in question is probably American, and probably a production car. The first part about not being dumb reads strange too.

Shazbot, Nanu Nanu. Famously Mork catchphrases. Everyone jumps to the Jeep Pam Dawber drove.. It could be that straightforward I suppose, but as ever I remain suspicious :p lol
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 4:49:48 PM(UTC)
Honestly, I don't see how Clue 4 is anything but the GTHO that Bowden's showed off a few months back. But I severely hope that we get to see the old HT Monaro they had at some stage as well.

I need an original Monaro in this game.
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 4:52:07 PM(UTC)
Clue 1-Chaparral 2J-I think that this is a good choice because it dominated its class, and would kind of be in a class of its own. By the way, I'm the one who originally guessed this. ;-)

Clue 2-Ferrari FXX-kind of a wild guess but I really want it in Forza again

Clue 3-Zenvo ST1-again, a wild guess but it is really fast...

Clue 4-Holden Ute-I think this would be a hugely popular choice, and again, 'mate' screams Austrailia.

Clue 5-This one's probably not as obvious as it seems. I'm not going with the regular Gumpert Apollo, but the Enraged version. I'll see where that gets me

Clue 6-For some reason I'm going with the Smart For-Two. Specifically the LE 2002 Crossblade version. I would say the Tesla Roadster, but Tesla originates in California. I don't know why people keep saying the Model S when it is clearly already in the game.

Clue 7- Plymouth Prowler. Just seems more likely than a CJ-5. The Prowler's one I've wanted for a while.
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:00:19 PM(UTC)
Everyone is saying the Gumpert Apollo but when have the clues ever been that easy/obvious?

🇨🇦
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:09:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
Everyone is saying the Gumpert Apollo but when have the clues ever been that easy/obvious?

Indeed, a lot of people are jumping to the Nissan Skyline Silhouette racer for the silhouette clue as well, clearly forgetting that John would never make a clue so straightforward.
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:17:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post
Clue 1-Chaparral 2J-I think that this is a good choice because it dominated its class, and would kind of be in a class of its own. By the way, I'm the one who originally guessed this. ;-)

Like I said, how is that Chaparral in a class of it's own though? It's just another Can Am car. It does make sense to be in the game I agree it should be in there but it was not dominant- it NEVER even won a race and it broke down all the time. Hardly in a class of it's own in Forza either. There are a bunch of Can Ams in the game to compete with it.

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:20:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:28:01 PM(UTC)
Seeing as John clues are vague, Clue 5 could maybe be a Land Rover.

Y'know, similar name to the "Lunar Rover". Lunar being the moon.

Also, I guessed the 1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic for Clue 2, simply because it's one the the most beautiful cars ever built.

Any other idea's?

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2015 8:34:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:41:18 PM(UTC)
Seeing as John clues are vague, Clue 3 could maybe be a Land Rover.

Y'know, similar name to the "Lunar Rover". Lunar being the moon.

Aside from the Gumpert theory which I am fairly confident of not least because of the car's history in the Forza series are we expecting some wacky mobile again? What with the limo, are T10 putting at least 1 oddball in each pack? It wouldn't surprise me if something here is a bit weird.
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:47:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post

Like I said, how is that Chaparral in a class of it's own though? It's just another Can Am car. It does make sense to be in the game I agree it should be in there but it was not dominant- it NEVER even won a race and it broke down all the time. Hardly in a class of it's own in Forza either. There are a bunch of Can Ams in the game to compete with it.

I honestly think it would be a great car in Forza. I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. It had very experimental technology, and that was what Chaparral was known for, right?

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:48:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 6:20:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
I

Some kind of unique or uncommon technology not seen on many American built or designed cars? The way it is worded - 'more American cars' hints to me the car in question is probably American, and probably a production car. The first part about not being dumb reads strange too.

The first part of the hint is a direct quote from the song Lola by The Kinks: "I'm not dumb but I can't understand why she walked like a woman and talked like a man."

The obvious reference for a racing game would be Lola, but if you can make a more oblique reference to Kinks, Ray Davies, transvestite prostitutes, or cherry cola, let us know. Nothing comes to my mind.
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 6:35:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KevinImpala08 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe, but I think if Turn 10 were to add stock cars to the game, I'd assume they'd do a DLC designated to stock cars only. You never know though.

Well, at the end of the live stream yesterday, Brian did mention a surprise of some sort coming next week. That could mean anything, but... Hmmmmmm...
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error