20 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:38:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pebb Go to Quoted Post

Edited Teaser | Click for the full size[/center]

Polished. Looking forward to the full set.
 4 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 6:51:21 PM(UTC)

Click for the full size

@Everyone Else: Cheers Guys

Originally Posted by: TwoPointSlow14 Go to Quoted Post
Glad to see you are still turning out awesome shots, Pebb. I haven't been around here for a couple years, but I used to go by FTW RomeSDS back in FM3/4
Well Turn 10 PMC judges seem to think otherwise. Because when FM4 or FM5 were in their prime, I had more luck in their official contests. But ever since FH2 came out, I feel the judging has been rushed. Instead of how it has should be done, which would involve judges taking the following into account:

*Composition and layout
*Settings
*What can be seen in the shot from stuff that can add to a shot. Along with other objects and people that shouldn't be in the shot, like odd pieces of other cars that weren't meant to be in frame.

My case

If you think you are a good at Photomode. And you saw a mixed batch being selected from say 5 winners. But the next week more then five shots were selected, then wouldn't you be unhappy like I have felt ever since FH2. Plus when only the best shots are picked then wouldn't it force you to improve further. Or to experiment with new idea's to such a point that it makes anyone who view the shot to think what they might be seeing.

Instead of entering shots or subjects that seem to be classed as mainstream. Or in other words a shot that has a settings and layouts that are very similar to what is picked on a more regular basis.

Going into more detail

If someone who uses default settings and sub-standard layouts that involve a car being placed in the center with the camera at headlight height. Then I would say it is time to go back to the very start and rethink how a Photomode shot should be captured. Because doing a shot that involves a bit more thought and attention can lead people having something to smile at. As well as being inspired. While allowing other people who have been around since FM3, FM4 or FM5 to improve further.

However if you a want to improve further or you are just starting out, then here are a few things. First up is settings since my view you should never use default settings or pre-sets. But if you do this, then I suggest it is time to use custom settings. But if you think otherwise. Then sorry but maybe you should give the photomode a break. Because when I first entered one of the very first Photomode scene back in the GT4 days it was a lot tougher for quite a few reasons.

First and foremost most of the top Photomode back in the old days that were just starting out had to learn a few things that can be used in real world art or photography by researching or studying online since everyone had to work with less settings and more jagged edges. Along with longer processing times just like before the era of digital cameras that saw people having to use something who processed film.

While anyone who is still around will tell you they were inspired by people who created galleries before them. But since some of those early gallery owners have now moved on for many reasons it has forced those people who were inspired by the originals to keep Photomode as a art form in high regard. Because if they didn't then first we would see more winners containing just eye candy, which is not pleasing to the human eye in any Photomode scene or contains people who care about how their shots turn out.

As well as eye candy more shots being selected would just be shots with good lighting but poor layout or the opposite. Aside from those two things another reason why we need more people to push themselves is so Photomode survives and improves. Instead of stalling or going backwards since this has been proven with two franchises on the consoles. The first is the NFS series. And the other is Project CARS.

Nearly There

Before I wrap this up, there is a few more thoughts to come from me. First I hope more people try to tweak more settings on their own. Along with putting more thought into the composition by using Rule of Thirds as something to read up on since positioning a car in the center of the frame only works when used correctly in terms of settings, distance, zoom, track positioning. And of course camera height.

As well as framing I need to go back in time when involving the early days, since if people only took snap shots in any early Photomode then we may never of seen Photomode surviving or changing like it has.

Closing Thoughts

While I don't mind losing. I would prefer to lose to something that looks marvellous, since there are people out there who have a passion for photomode, art and photography just like me. However unless something changes or few talks are created which might involve a few secrets being shared. Then we might be seeing more weeks only containing a mixed bag of shots. Because at the end of the day, anyone viewing the Turn 10 picks should be treated to only the best.

Edited by user Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:23:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
#128 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 2:58:22 AM(UTC)
I will always consider FM2 days as the glory days of the photomode. It took some serious time and effort to crank out a good shot.
I remember Turn 10 asking me step by step on how I was making the shots look so realistic in Photoshop. Which they promise me free future Forza game in exchange. I told them all I do, but they never kept their end of the promise.
#129 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 8:32:17 AM(UTC)

Love that teaser! Your entries are beautiful also. I honestly don't know how you haven't won more photocomps, you certainly deserve to.
#130 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 8:47:29 PM(UTC)

Click for the full size

#1 > #7 | Edited
#8 > #13 | Stock
Selected Flickr Links: #1, #2, #3, #4, #8

Originally Posted by: mnkpro Go to Quoted Post
I will always consider FM2 days as the glory days of the photomode. It took some serious time and effort to crank out a good shot.
I remember Turn 10 asking me step by step on how I was making the shots look so realistic in Photoshop. Which they promise me free future Forza game in exchange. I told them all I do, but they never kept their end of the promise.
Maybe it is time for a friendly reminder. :p

Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post

Love that teaser! Your entries are beautiful also. I honestly don't know how you haven't won more photocomps, you certainly deserve to.
Hopefully it will change. Unless you have any secrets you want to share.

Edited by user Friday, October 16, 2015 8:50:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:38:32 PM(UTC)
You always have the most thoughtful and well-executed sets in the Media Center, and I definitely agree with your viewpoint of Photomode in general. FM4 is where I learned and even that one was more difficult to achieve the desired results.
#132 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2015 7:58:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pebb Go to Quoted Post

My case

If you think you are a good at Photomode. And you saw a mixed batch being selected from say 5 winners. But the next week more then five shots were selected, then wouldn't you be unhappy like I have felt ever since FH2. Plus when only the best shots are picked then wouldn't it force you to improve further. Or to experiment with new idea's to such a point that it makes anyone who view the shot to think what they might be seeing.

Instead of entering shots or subjects that seem to be classed as mainstream. Or in other words a shot that has a settings and layouts that are very similar to what is picked on a more regular basis.

Going into more detail

If someone who uses default settings and sub-standard layouts that involve a car being placed in the center with the camera at headlight height. Then I would say it is time to go back to the very start and rethink how a Photomode shot should be captured. Because doing a shot that involves a bit more thought and attention can lead people having something to smile at. As well as being inspired. While allowing other people who have been around since FM3, FM4 or FM5 to improve further.

However if you a want to improve further or you are just starting out, then here are a few things. First up is settings since my view you should never use default settings or pre-sets. But if you do this, then I suggest it is time to use custom settings. But if you think otherwise. Then sorry but maybe you should give the photomode a break. Because when I first entered one of the very first Photomode scene back in the GT4 days it was a lot tougher for quite a few reasons.

First and foremost most of the top Photomode back in the old days that were just starting out had to learn a few things that can be used in real world art or photography by researching or studying online since everyone had to work with less settings and more jagged edges. Along with longer processing times just like before the era of digital cameras that saw people having to use something who processed film.

While anyone who is still around will tell you they were inspired by people who created galleries before them. But since some of those early gallery owners have now moved on for many reasons it has forced those people who were inspired by the originals to keep Photomode as a art form in high regard. Because if they didn't then first we would see more winners containing just eye candy, which is not pleasing to the human eye in any Photomode scene or contains people who care about how their shots turn out.

As well as eye candy more shots being selected would just be shots with good lighting but poor layout or the opposite. Aside from those two things another reason why we need more people to push themselves is so Photomode survives and improves. Instead of stalling or going backwards since this has been proven with two franchises on the consoles. The first is the NFS series. And the other is Project CARS.

Nearly There

Before I wrap this up, there is a few more thoughts to come from me. First I hope more people try to tweak more settings on their own. Along with putting more thought into the composition by using Rule of Thirds as something to read up on since positioning a car in the center of the frame only works when used correctly in terms of settings, distance, zoom, track positioning. And of course camera height.

As well as framing I need to go back in time when involving the early days, since if people only took snap shots in any early Photomode then we may never of seen Photomode surviving or changing like it has.

Closing Thoughts

While I don't mind losing. I would prefer to lose to something that looks marvellous, since there are people out there who have a passion for photomode, art and photography just like me. However unless something changes or few talks are created which might involve a few secrets being shared. Then we might be seeing more weeks only containing a mixed bag of shots. Because at the end of the day, anyone viewing the Turn 10 picks should be treated to only the best.

.... Amen!

Edited by user Saturday, October 17, 2015 7:59:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#133 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2015 4:11:09 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the comments lads. :)

1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2015 4:33:22 PM(UTC)
I would also like to know under what criteria they judge the shots on

Not saying I should win more because frankly I have no idea what I'm doing, just get lucky sometimes

but some shots that I see people enter, yours included Pebb, that don't win, compared to some that do win is just strange, very inconsistent judging

🇨🇦
#135 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 7:15:23 AM(UTC)

Amazing shot Pebb.

I don't have any secrets for winning shots, just lucky I guess.
#136 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 9:31:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
I would also like to know under what criteria they judge the shots on

Not saying I should win more because frankly I have no idea what I'm doing, just get lucky sometimes

but some shots that I see people enter, yours included Pebb, that don't win, compared to some that do win is just strange, very inconsistent judging
I am surprised that you don't win more. However if I was the person who selected the judges, then I would pick someone from the art department who is either employed by Turn 10 or Microsoft.

@Nights Viper: Thanks for posting up your opinion. :)

#137 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 5:16:11 PM(UTC)
As some of you will know, I was able to watch the Super Blood Moon event in late september. But due to me having no telescope or a lens with a focal length between 700-1000mm, that meant one thing my shots didn't have as much detail as I like.

Plus being in the south meant the Super Blood Moon wasn't as big compared to some other parts of the world. However that didn't stop me trying as seen with the shot below, which features the moon before it turned red.

Click for more sizes | Maximum Resolution: 2198x1908

Extra Info: Original Format > RAW / Format before it was saved in JPEG > TIFF

Edited by user Monday, October 19, 2015 6:26:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#138 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 10:38:17 PM(UTC)
That's an amazing shot!
#139 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 11:05:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lethal Drift Go to Quoted Post
That's an amazing shot!
Thanks for the comment and visit.

#140 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 11:09:38 AM(UTC)
Huracan shots are phenomenal, especially the last one!
#141 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:50:31 PM(UTC)
How you create such beautiful shots is beyond me but you are doing a wonderful job at creating them. Lovely set!
#142 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:21:07 AM(UTC)

Insane.
#143 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:08:51 PM(UTC)

Still killing it as usual.

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#144 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:56:41 PM(UTC)
Thanks for taking some time out in your schedules to post up your opinions.

Click for the full size

Edited by user Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:57:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#145 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:20:25 PM(UTC)
If you don't win with one of those three, especially the first two, then I don't know what else can be said

🇨🇦
#146 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:31:06 AM(UTC)

Lovely entries Pebb and that moon shot is amazing!
#147 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:39:18 PM(UTC)
And so it begins!

Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
If you don't win with one of those three, especially the first two, then I don't know what else can be said
I have a brick wall ready. :p

Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post

Lovely entries Pebb and that moon shot is amazing!
Hopefully my blood moon shot can get released in the future.

#148 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 8:38:24 PM(UTC)

Click for the full size

Full Size Preview

Edited by user Friday, October 23, 2015 8:38:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#149 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 10:36:43 PM(UTC)
Loving the abstracts! One of the few people around that still even do them.
#150 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 11:02:46 AM(UTC)

Looks inviting :)

Great stuff Pebb, enjoying the experimental shots also but these one's really stuck with me.

Edited by user Monday, October 26, 2015 11:10:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

20 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error