3 Pages123Next
 18 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:56:58 AM(UTC)
Hey everybody,

Today we’re releasing our latest update for FM6, and we have plenty of details about the fixes and changes in it in Brian’s build notes.

I wanted to give you some additional tips on some of the content in the update and how it affects some of the questions you had and issues you’ve reported.

I’ll keep it brief, and will try to answer relevant questions you may still have after reading.

* World Traveler Achievement
For those of you stuck at 96% completion, you should be able to now unlock it with the latest update if you play 1 race on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in multiplayer. That’s the one track that wasn’t reporting and was blocking the achievement.

* Level 25 Affinity Badges
If you’ve reached level 25 affinity but didn’t unlock the badge, you should be able to eventually unlock the missing badge if you continue to use cars from the same manufacturer. This is despite the UI showing no progress past level 25. The semi-good news is that the issue we fixed here was causing some affinity XP to accrue towards a different manufacturer badge incorrectly. So, invisible to you, there are other manufacturer badges that will be easier to unlock since they have extra XP accumulated from before this update. This issue used to only occur in races where you chose your car in the pit lane, as you do in endurance races. It is now fixed and going forward you can expect all badges to unlock and affinity XP to accrue correctly at all times.

* Controller Deadzones
If you’ve set your deadzones to anything other than the default and were losing them from race to race, the issue should no longer occur. You don’t need to do anything other than take the update. The fix applies to both gamepads and wheels.

* You may have noticed that you sometimes run into issues with button mapping on the wheel if you had a gamepad connected at the same time. These issues are fixed. We designed the game so that you can have a gamepad to control the camera (e.g. in photomode) if you usually race with the wheel, so go for it!

* New Grid Ordering and Delay Options
We’ve added some new options in multiplayer and they’re ready for you to use in private lobbies as well! For grid ordering, you can now set it to fastest lap ascendingly (fastest at the front) or descendingly (slowest at the front). The fastest lap considered is from the previous race, and as always clean laps always beat dirty. DNFs that never finish one lap in the previous race sort behind dirty laps. For grid roll-off delay, you can now set the value in increments of 0.1 second (only 1 second increments were allowed previously), and you can set the delay to be between rows of cars so that two cars release at a time.

* Headlight repair in the pits
If you’ve been doing night enduros with sim damage and no rewind, you probably wanted this to work and now it does! Just one note: there is a separate issue where the headlights may go back to a broken state if rewind is used after they’re repaired in the pits. We’re tracking this issue separately. Hopefully the headlight repair in the pits still proves valuable to you, I know quite a few of you turn off rewind for the extra rewards or authenticity (I do!).

*AI Pitting in Endurance Races
You’ve read in the release notes that we have now removed the 2 AI in the pits at a time restriction. This was actually the root cause of those instances where some of you observed the AI pitting at weird times in longer races, sometimes changing the strategy of the race from 1- to a 2-stop or vice versa. You will now see the AI pitting fairly in longer races. Keep in mind that we do model the tank capacity of cars in FM6. This means that Drivatars in cars with smaller tanks will still pit more often than you if you’re in a car with a larger tank capacity and vice versa. We also do model fuel burn rate based on your driving, so you can get more out of a tank of gas by using the same techniques you would use in real life: driving slower, short shifting, and going to 100 percent throttle less often.

*Multiplayer "Can't get server match list" error
We added a fix that we think will resolve the issue for some of you who have been encountering this specific error. If you have been getting this error trying to play multiplayer, give it another go once you get the update. Please keep in mind that there are other issues that can affect your multiplayer connectivity (your connection, your router, your network topology, etc...), but the change we included in this update should resolve issues for a big portion of players who received this specific message.

Edited by user Saturday, January 9, 2016 3:25:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 8:59:07 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the additional notes, especially regarding Multiplayer connection. Hopefully I can join more races now.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:58:41 AM(UTC)
When is controller option in the race menu going to be put back in, just like it was in the demo? For some reason my FFB and VIBRATION loses it's original feel after a couple of online races or laps. I used to unplug my TX wheel to get it back to normal, but I found out just by pressing A to 'Accept' in the controller/wheel settings it goes back to that normal 'feel'. With 'Controller/Wheel' put in the Options in online lobbies I don't have to exit multiplayer.

BTW, why was it removed in the first place, compare to being their in the demo?
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 10:09:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoWing Go to Quoted Post
When is controller option in the race menu going to be put back in, just like it was in the demo? For some reason my FFB and VIBRATION loses it's original feel after a couple of online races or laps. I used to unplug my TX wheel to get it back to normal, but I found out just by pressing A to 'Accept' in the controller/wheel settings it goes back to that normal 'feel'. With 'Controller/Wheel' put in the Options in online lobbies I don't have to exit multiplayer.

I mentioned this in another thread and someone came up with a likely answer which was in the demo there was no real main menu so all options were done from the in race menu. I do agree it should be added back for wheel users as we have to change controller settings more often and going back to the main menu isn't very user friendly.
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 11:08:03 AM(UTC)

As I mentioned above, the bug with controller settings reverting between races has been fixed. If you get your wheel to feel good you should never have to touch the settings again.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 11:30:39 AM(UTC)
Please someone help before I rip my hair out!!!!!

Updated came through, downloaded and all installed!

Loaded game and stuck on a screen saying press A for the menu and nothing happens! Restarted and done a hard reboot and still nothing!
On the menu i'm pressing buttons but nothing happens

Anyone else having issues after the update??????
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 11:32:53 AM(UTC)
Wow....lol
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:37:35 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the update. I appreciate you fixed that annoying controller / wheel bug:) Just ordered my Thrustmaster TX Racing Leather Wheel and can't wait to race:) Thanks for these additional notes too! Keep on and please keep listening to users feedback here, thank you!
 5 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:51:16 PM(UTC)
When will you address the sound issue .I cannot hear my car when I am near others.It sure would be nice to be able to turn them down to my specific noise level
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:54:33 PM(UTC)
Either add more Ai to private lobby or add forza 4 s private lobby options to free play . Other than that thanx for fixinf these bugs
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:57:23 PM(UTC)
Please keep this thread on the topic of the October update and the fixes in it. This is not the thread to discuss other issues or future updates.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:01:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B3nchPress Go to Quoted Post
Please someone help before I rip my hair out!!!!!

Updated came through, downloaded and all installed!

Loaded game and stuck on a screen saying press A for the menu and nothing happens! Restarted and done a hard reboot and still nothing!
On the menu i'm pressing buttons but nothing happens

Anyone else having issues after the update??????

Yes I'm having the same problem and been trying to contact turn 10 studios but they sent back a auto message saying they can't help me due to high volumes and gave me a link to this site to try help but it's there servers that aren't allowing me to get on Xbox told me when I contacted them about it
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:09:39 PM(UTC)
Really great that you share this info with the players. Car fans always need to know what's going on under the hood! ;-)
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:28:11 PM(UTC)
Was the RX3 glitch addressed? It is currently ruining the C Class Ghost League.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:30:26 PM(UTC)
Please read this, as it has a lot of details as well and answers your question (short answer is yes): http://www.forzamotorspo...6_october_content_update
This post is only meant to augment Brian's post (linked above) with extra details that didn't rise up to the front page level.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:34:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:50:02 PM(UTC)
Thank you for this update and all fixes and improvements!
 11 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:11:05 PM(UTC)
Folks, voodoo has taken the time and energy to come here and try to expand on the information regarding the update. Harrasing him with off topic questions, demands and nonsense isnt going to either help your cause or encourage more participation from staffers on the boards.

If you have found a bug, problem or something you consider a gripe then by all means post it in the probably already started relevamt thread but lets show that the community can be welcoming but still respect his position within T10 (ie no he cant send you some credits, bring back unicorns or tell you whats in next months car pack).
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:15:18 PM(UTC)
Thank you for fixing the deadzone resets. That was so annoying and kept me from wanting to play the game. I look forward to just enjoying the game now.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 4:43:55 PM(UTC)
[Mod edit - WSD - rediting a mod edit to reinclude the edited material is instant dismissal from the forums]
[Mod edit - WSD - off topic]

Edited by user Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:08:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:51:16 PM(UTC)
Why wasn't the engine volume problem addressed in this update? You can't tell your engine from anyone else you are racing. It's hard to shift when you can't hear your engine.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:29:38 PM(UTC)

Yes agree. This is crucial for wheel users to change DOR.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:48:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
* Headlight repair in the pits
If you’ve been doing night enduros with sim damage and no rewind, you probably wanted this to work and now it does! Just one note: there is a separate issue where the headlights may go back to a broken state if rewind is used after they’re repaired in the pits. We’re tracking this issue separately. Hopefully the headlight repair in the pits still proves valuable to you, I know quite a few of you turn off rewind for the extra rewards or authenticity (I do!).

Done a race last night on Spa @ night with 1 friend, private lobby,
went into the back of him, damaging 1 light, went into the pits on the first lap. The light fixed the light.
Then on a later lap, my mate spun out damaging both headlights. Went into the pits as well, fixing both his headlights.
But when he caught up with me again, i couldn't see him coming, the lights weren't fixed on my screen, it was pitch black behind me.
Altho he said he was running with headlights.

Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
* New Grid Ordering and Delay Options
We’ve added some new options in multiplayer and they’re ready for you to use in private lobbies as well! For grid ordering, you can now set it to fastest lap ascendingly (fastest at the front) or descendingly (slowest at the front). The fastest lap considered is from the previous race, and as always clean laps always beat dirty. DNFs that never finish one lap in the previous race sort behind dirty laps. For grid roll-off delay, you can now set the value in increments of 0.1 second (only 1 second increments were allowed previously), and you can set the delay to be between rows of cars so that two cars release at a time.

The fastest lap option is an awesome addition to the game options.
Makes a qualifying race for our leagues really handy. Thanks Turn10
Only thing missing is a lobby points grid order option, like there was in FM4.

Anyways,
Good job on the fixes!

#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:24:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Skunkworks16 Go to Quoted Post

Yes agree. This is crucial for wheel users to change DOR.

Apparently there's one dor setting that works for all the cars and once we find it we should never have to touch the settings again lol. They will never add these settings to the race menu.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:25:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:46:07 AM(UTC)
Quote:
*Multiplayer "Can't get server match list" error

We added a fix that we think will resolve the issue for some of you who have been encountering this specific error. If you have been getting this error trying to play multiplayer, give it another go once you get the update. Please keep in mind that there are other issues that can affect your multiplayer connectivity (your connection, your router, your network topology, etc...), but the change we included in this update should resolve issues for a big portion of players who received this specific message.

Regarding this, I have been able to get into more Hoppers as of yesterday, but am still getting the occasional error message.

If I've already followed the Xbox Support instructions and adjusted my home network accordingly, is there anything else I can do to help fix this issue? At the moment I'm contemplating buying a new router in the hopes that it addresses the connection problems I have been getting.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:06:29 AM(UTC)
Please help! My update started but then stopped at 12%! It keeps asking me if I want to try re-installing.
When I click re-install it tells me re-install failed! So now I can't get the update or play Forza 6 at all!
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error