This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 11:23:24 PM(UTC)
@Truenutcase: what do you mean with control panel? Is that on the PC? Whatever you change on the PC does not carry over to the xbox one.
When you press the mode button (bottom left of the wheel) and the right shifter paddle, you can set the sensitivty. 4 different settings. Light at the bottom left will flash green once, twice, 3 or 4 times.
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

My Forza 6 paints
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 1:37:08 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the info... the SENS setting definitely helps catch some of the smaller oversteers that seem almost unavoidable in some cars (especially in MP when you're getting tapped or sometimes even pit-maneuvered).

The only bit that still doesn't feel right to me is the softness of FFB around center. As is, it feels a bit like driving an overdone electric power steering car, with absolutely 0 road feel coming through until i start to load up the tires in the corners.

I would love an update that adds some speed-sensitive centering force.

2nd on my wishlist would be a software-self-adjusting DOR that sets it correctly for the car instead of having to adjust it on the wheel. I should be able to leave my wheel at 900 and have the game set it appropriately when I'm in GT cars or anything with less DOR in real life.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 7:41:02 AM(UTC)
T.b.h. My enthousiasm has wafered. I have now driven some of the A and S class cars but it is like Russian roulette, you never know when it is going to break out and no correcting possible. Definitely something wrong in this game with the wheel. I guess I am giving up (untill they patch it) and go back to the controller with tcs and abs on (heavy fingers). Shame really
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

My Forza 6 paints
#29 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 7:51:23 AM(UTC)
Surprisingly I've been doing well in S-class...got some top times with some great tunes!
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:41:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Leceur Go to Quoted Post
T.b.h. My enthousiasm has wafered. I have now driven some of the A and S class cars but it is like Russian roulette, you never know when it is going to break out and no correcting possible. Definitely something wrong in this game with the wheel. I guess I am giving up (untill they patch it) and go back to the controller with tcs and abs on (heavy fingers). Shame really

Lol... The game needs a patch bottom line. You can find a car and tune it and change settings, but than you change cars and you got do it all over again. I like the cycled production lobbies and this is where a lot of my issues stem from, every race is a different car, different classes no tuning and it's a struggle to do more than a few races before I just put my controller in. I dont feel like tip toeing around a race track waiting to get rear ended and lose control, or just when the ffb does some crazy stuff for no real reason. I'm sorry but it should not be "harder" with a wheel compared to a controller it should just be different and more immersive. There has been threads before this came out, talking about these issues and some people thought it was a tx problem, then it was a problem with microsoft but after pcars came out the conclusion many of us came to is that forza was not designed with using a wheel first where as pcars, iracing and asseto corsa were, and this is why there's a problem that needs fixing. I think alot more people have wheels now and there are numerous comments on it now , I think there will finally be some changes soon.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:31:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
Does the Auto-Clutch feature on the wheel mean you can set the game to Manual w/ Clutch and then don't have to use a clutch on the wheel? That alone would make me consider purchasing it a lot sooner.

As others already said the feature exists.
It can be problematic though since the clutch is always engaged in a kind of binary way (off/on) which can lead to instability if you downshift approaching a corner e. g.
You have no possibility to rev-match the engine before engaging the clutch.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:15:45 AM(UTC)
If you are looking for more feeling in the TX wheel, plug your wheel into a PC and go to the Thrustmaster control panel. From there click on the right tab marked perameters this will bring up the force feed back settings that are stored in the firmware memory. from here I adjusted the overall force to 85, Constant setting to 100%, Periodic setting to 0, Spring to 0, Damper to 0 and left the auto center by game (I messed with the wheel setting at 50%, but it was choppy). This gave me considerable more feeling in the wheel as to what the car was doing. I even tried the constant, periodic and spring set to 100% and that gave me more feeling in the wheel. The only thing with this is if you play Pcars then you will need to reset the adjustments back to default in the control panel. You lose some feeling in the TX wheel in the game with these settings. I had the DOR 540 and the sensitivity set to normal.
XBOX One: SpiffPF2 TX wheel, Wheel stand Pro V2, LG 42" LED TV.

PS4: Spiff2PF
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:01:12 AM(UTC)
Are you sure the force feed back settings are stored in the firmware memory? Do you have any supported documentation from thrustmaster?

Edited by user Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:02:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:34:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gyles69 Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure the force feed back settings are stored in the firmware memory? Do you have any supported documentation from thrustmaster?

It doesn't save on the wheel only the driver on pc, i dont know why people say it does anything because it doesn't on consoles. Only the master ffb slider does, not the individual settings.
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:09:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpiffPF2 Go to Quoted Post
If you are looking for more feeling in the TX wheel, plug your wheel into a PC and go to the Thrustmaster control panel. From there click on the right tab marked perameters this will bring up the force feed back settings that are stored in the firmware memory. from here I adjusted the overall force to 85, Constant setting to 100%, Periodic setting to 0, Spring to 0, Damper to 0 and left the auto center by game (I messed with the wheel setting at 50%, but it was choppy). This gave me considerable more feeling in the wheel as to what the car was doing. I even tried the constant, periodic and spring set to 100% and that gave me more feeling in the wheel. The only thing with this is if you play Pcars then you will need to reset the adjustments back to default in the control panel. You lose some feeling in the TX wheel in the game with these settings. I had the DOR 540 and the sensitivity set to normal.

This is misinformation....This only saves to pc and nothing else.
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:15:26 AM(UTC)
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know about the auto clutch
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 5:22:46 PM(UTC)
The sweet spot for me was 420 DOR with Sensitivity Mode 3, I have no oversteering problem anymore, and it's easy to catch a slide and the car is stable at high speeds.
Sorry for my bad English
#38 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 3:23:39 AM(UTC)
Hello All.

I have a TX458 + T500 pedals.
I'm facing a lot of issues trying to drive B+ class car (All assists off).

First are the pedals. Using 0 / 100 deadzones for all pedals, the brake still a lot sensitive. Pressing 1mm on pedal, the brake locks.
The Gas pedal is the same, but in this case makes my car oversteer.

I will try the settings of this topic toningh.

Thks.

Marcelo
#39 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 3:53:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I X I TurboXan Go to Quoted Post
Hello All.

First are the pedals. Using 0 / 100 deadzones for all pedals, the brake still a lot sensitive. Pressing 1mm on pedal, the brake locks.

Thks.

Marcelo

I had all your issues until i read the developer post on the wheel.

you will need to calibrate your pedals every time you power it up (pump both pedals at least 3 times)

Next instead of all assists off i added STM. this helped me immensely, phantom spin outs stopped right away.

I am yet to try the settings from this thread but intend to do ASAP.

Let us know how you get on
#40 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 9:51:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Skrewface x Go to Quoted Post
Hello All.

Thks.

Marcelo

you will need to calibrate your pedals every time you power it up (pump both pedals at least 3 times)

Next instead of all assists off i added STM. this helped me immensely, phantom spin outs stopped right away.

Hi x Skrewface x

Can you post this message from developer about the calibration?

thks

#41 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 10:52:50 AM(UTC)
tagged for reference. My wheel should be arriving tomorrow.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:52:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Skrewface x Go to Quoted Post
Hello All.

Thks.

Marcelo

Hi x Skrewface x

Can you post this message from developer about the calibration?

thks

Here it is: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst41479_Steering-Wheels-and-You---A-Hopefully-Helpful-Guide.aspx
#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:19:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ixoye56 Go to Quoted Post
The sweet spot for me was 420 DOR with Sensitivity Mode 3, I have no oversteering problem anymore, and it's easy to catch a slide and the car is stable at high speeds.

i haven't tried any "non-standard" DOR settings, but I'd like to give this a try. Do you just leave the DOR setting on the wheel at 540 (3 flashes)?
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:54:16 AM(UTC)
Yes, setting the dor in game changes the dor on the wheel.

My Forza 6 paints
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:13:22 AM(UTC)
Is it true though that all of these sensitivity and rotation settings have to be redone every time the wheel starts up? On the thrustmaster website it says that they are not saved.
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:43:16 AM(UTC)
No once everything has been setup in the game there is nothing you need to do next time. I only pump the brake and gas pedals 3 times when turning on the wheel.

My Forza 6 paints
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:58:41 PM(UTC)
I use a TX wheel with Fanatec V2 CSP. I do not do anything to set the pedals when starting the wheel never felt a difference the one time I tried it so I truly believe this is not an issue to worry about. I have also stopped setting the sensitivity to 2 or 3 just because most of the time I forget so now I just dont bother and seem to have no problems driving any cars,
I have though changed my setting and think if youre looking to try something different feel free to try this out. It seems so little but the 2-4 clicks do make it a bit different.

LAYOUT 1
OFF
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF
OFF
ADVANCED IN ORDER

Edited by user Thursday, September 24, 2015 3:00:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 3:51:29 PM(UTC)
720 degrees
Vib 30
FFB 62
Sensitivity (mode + right paddle) 3 flashes
Deadzones 0 100
clutch 0 40
Sim steering

You can switch between 2 and 3 sensitivity depending on the level and type of car. Indy car or street for example.

I can catch slides no problem ☺
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 4:23:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Terence Skill 7 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
Does the Auto-Clutch feature on the wheel mean you can set the game to Manual w/ Clutch and then don't have to use a clutch on the wheel? That alone would make me consider purchasing it a lot sooner.

As others already said the feature exists.
It can be problematic though since the clutch is always engaged in a kind of binary way (off/on) which can lead to instability if you downshift approaching a corner e. g.
You have no possibility to rev-match the engine before engaging the clutch.

Actually, if you hold the paddle down, the clutch should stay open as well, allowing you to left foot brake hold the paddle down and give the gas a quick stab before you release the paddle
#50 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 6:02:06 AM(UTC)
I tried all setting of this topic.
A little bit improving on the brakes. But still far away if compared to Pcars's feeling
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error