#1 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:34:24 PM(UTC)
Because I know for sure it's not what I would describe as free play. In Forza 5 free play meant that I could race any of my cars on any track. In Forza 6 apparently you can't do that. Right now I can only drive the car I first started the game with. Any attempt to change cars and it says the rules have changed pick another car but you can only go back to that first car. Now I can test drive cars but not race them.

It's like it's running a series because it keeps telling me that there is a next track. Why does "free play" have a next track?
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:46:07 PM(UTC)
All you have to do is to stop and think about what is conflicting in your setup. The car PI and the options list have to agree with each other. You surely can drive any car on any track.

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:02:31 PM(UTC)

Free Play allows you to select any car and track to start with. Selecting a track will reset the Playlist found under the Game Options menu. The Playlists correspond to the series used in each volume of Stories of Motorsport. Once you finish a race the menu will offer the next track in the cycle, which you can skip or play, or exit to create a new track/car combo.

If you're getting "Rules have changed" car limitations in Free Play it may be related to the playlist or other settings. Go to Game Options press Y to Reset to Default (Any for Playlist, Car Class, and Drive Type) and you'll be able to choose any car you like from your garage, the Rent list, or the Buy list.

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:09:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:40:18 PM(UTC)
Hey Max, while we're at it, please can you explain how "Playlist" works exactly in Free Play? Haven't been able to find details online about it.

Game launched for me today but I have 9 hours of work to get through first! Aaargh!
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:54:38 PM(UTC)
I hope you don't mind if I chime in but Playlists are like the Event grid you may remember from FM3 and FM4. You select the series you want to race in and the game randomly selects events from the series. At the end of each event the game will provide you with a link to the next event.

#6 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:08:55 PM(UTC)
Ah, ok thanks. Does it affect the grid of cars as well or just the track / event? So in other words does it filter the opponent cars by what the career restrictions for that series? Or just a playlist of specific tracks?

And can we select the number of laps or does it literally launch the same pre-set career races in Free Play mode?
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:21:02 PM(UTC)
From memory it launches the career races including class restrictions. But I remember being able to set specifics in the Game Options and Free Play will assign another event at the end of your race. I couldn't tell you how it selects this event but it does.

It's versatile - you can set it up any number of ways including the specification of track and car classes.

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:23:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:22:46 PM(UTC)
Free Play playlists are collections of tracks you can cycle through race after race. In Stories of Motorsport there are 5 volumes, each with 3 Series, for a total of 15 series. Each series is a selection of tracks and predetermined lap count for each. Each series has a theme, whether night or rain, or high speed tracks like Redline Showdown. In Stories of Motorsport you'd be driving a D class car for the first three Series, then faster and faster cars until you progressed to the last three series. In Free Play you can choose whatever car you want but the track order and lap counts remain the same if for each named playlist. You can skip tracks within a playlist for your next race.

Challenger Series
Watkins Glen Full Day, Sebring Full Rain, Long Beach East Day, Prague Full Reverse Day

Club Circuit Series
Hockenheim Short Day, Brands Hatch Indy Day, Bernese Alps Club Day, Catalunya School Day, Silverstone National Rain

U.S. Tour
Daytona Short Night, Road Atlanta Club Day, Indy GP Day, Sonoma Short Day, Road America West Day, Laguna Seca Full Day,

Nightfall Series
Le Mans Bugatti Night, Spa Full Night, Nurburgring GP Night, Sebring Full Night

Daybreak Series
Bathurst Day, Long Beach Full Day, Catalunya National Day, Rio Full Reverse Day, Road Atlanta Full Day

European Tour
Monza Full Alt Day, Brands Hatch GP Rain, Hockenheim National Day, Bernese Alps Stadtplatz Day, Silverstone International Day, Prague Full Day

Timberland Series
Watkins Glen Short Alt Cay, Road America Full Alt Day, Nurburgring GP Rain, Lime Rock West Chicane Day, Road Atlanta Full Day, Spa Full Day

Rolling Roads Tour
Rio National Day, Laguna Seca Full Day, Bernese Alps Festival Day, Bathurst Day, Sonoma GP Day, Watkins Glen Short Alt Day

Pure Motorsport Showdown
Daytona Sports Car Night, Yas Marina Full Day, Catalunya GP Day, COTA GP Day, Hockenheim Full Day, Monza Full Alt Day

Stormfront Shootout
Le Mans Bugatti Rain, Nurburgring GP Rain, Sebring Full Rain, Brands Hatch GP Rain, Silverstone GP Rain

Redline Showdown
Indy Brickyard Day, Road America Full Day, Spa Full Day, Daytona Tri-Oval Night, Bathurst Day, Le Mans Old Mulsanne Night

Southern U.S. Tour
Long Beach Full Day, Laguna Seca Full Day, Road Atlanta Full Day, Sebring Full Night, Daytona Short Day, COTA GP Day

World Championship Tour
Rio Full Day, Sonoma Full Day, Bernese Alps Festival Day, Lime Rock Full Alt Day, Prague Full Day, Long Beach Full Day

Timeless Racing Series
Nurburgring Nordshleife Day, Monza Full Alt Day, Brands Hatch GP Day, Watkins Glen Full Day, Le Mans Full Day, Spa Full Rain

Ultimate Racing Championship
Yas Marina Full Night, Catalunya National Day, Silverstone GP Rain, Hockenheim Full Day, Indy GP Alt Day, COTA GP Day
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:41:44 PM(UTC)
Sorry I'm still not clear. Am I understanding you that the playlist in free play is a collection of tracks only? And it still selects a random assortment of cars based on class and drive type settings you set in free play?

Or does it use the specific type of cars like in stories of motorsport?

-Edit: Wait sorry I read it again Max, I see now you said the car type can be whatever you choose, but it uses the track list from stories. Got it. Thanks.

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:43:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:52:31 PM(UTC)
The cars in every free play randomly selected by class. So you drive not like in career against specific car classes like modern gp cars. That issues is known by turn 10 and maybe they give us that option in a patch.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 5:17:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Free Play allows you to select any car and track to start with. Selecting a track will reset the Playlist found under the Game Options menu. The Playlists correspond to the series used in each volume of Stories of Motorsport. Once you finish a race the menu will offer the next track in the cycle, which you can skip or play, or exit to create a new track/car combo.

If you're getting "Rules have changed" car limitations in Free Play it may be related to the playlist or other settings. Go to Game Options press Y to Reset to Default (Any for Playlist, Car Class, and Drive Type) and you'll be able to choose any car you like from your garage, the Rent list, or the Buy list.

Ok I think what it's doing is restricting me to the last car I drove until I go in and change that to "any". So in Forza 5 where once you ran a race in free play and it didn't restrict you to the last car you drove, Forza 6 does until you change that setting. I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks for the clarification.
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 9:20:10 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]
When I try to play free play mode it keeps saying that restrictions have changed and I have to pick another car. So far every car I've picked wont work. It was fine yesterday? ???

Edited by user Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:08:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:00:29 PM(UTC)
Go to Game Options and press Y to reset to default. Make sure Car Class, Division, and Drive Train are all set to Any.
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:42:58 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread was merged - MM]

the first post is someone asking exactly the same as you, and the 3rd post (and 2nd) explain whats happening and how to help you play the game how you want.

Edited by user Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:07:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 1:38:32 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:02:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Wrong subject

Notification

Icon
Error