2 Pages12Next
 6 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:17:27 PM(UTC)
Please look into fixing the sound for the players car the engine noise is to low and all I hear is the other cars and with no option to adjust engine volume level it makes it frustrating.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:57:54 PM(UTC)
They need to add audio level sliders. For me the audio is perfect.
I think people experience different audio with different HIFI setups.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:38:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NE Patriots12x Go to Quoted Post
Please look into fixing the sound for the players car the engine noise is to low and all I hear is the other cars and with no option to adjust engine volume level it makes it frustrating.

Can you tell me more about your set up? Specifically:

What system are you playing the game through? The TV only or some sort of audio system?

What are your Xbox One's audio settings? What are your FM6 audio settings (Home Theater, Headphones, TV)?

Which car(s) are you driving when you experience this issue?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:50:04 PM(UTC)
I am also having terrible sound problems. Most of it is simply engine noise, I just cant hear anything from my car. My set up is as follows:

2.1 soundbar w/ subwoofer
TV is set through to pass through external speakers, surround sound.
Xbox is set to home theater
Forza is set to home theater

Ive adjusted the equalizer the best i could and its still very low.
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:01:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NE Patriots12x Go to Quoted Post

Can you tell me more about your set up? Specifically:

What system are you playing the game through? The TV only or some sort of audio system?

What are your Xbox One's audio settings? What are your FM6 audio settings (Home Theater, Headphones, TV)?

Thanks,
Brian

Would it be possible for a future update to add audio sliders similar to Forza Horizon 2, Brian? I think that would help solve a lot of the problems people are experiencing.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:04:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:36:55 PM(UTC)
Not trying to be rude but seriously T10 ? Your response is asking his setup. It's not a setup issue, its the fact that the other cars are way louder than your own. Even from the other side of the track the other cars engine sounds will drown out your own making it very difficult to drive by feel and engine sound for shifting purposes. I get that a pack of 24 cars on a track is loud but this is a bit excessive I think, as do many other players. There is a whole different thread in the discussion forum that is over 7 pages long of posts having the same issues. It happens with every car on every track through every type of sound system. A simple slider adjustment system is all we ask for. Please?
By the way thanks for a great game and flawless release, besides this issue.
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:44:28 PM(UTC)
There is an existing thread in the General Discussion section that details this problem and it is being experienced by a lot of users.

The issue had to be posted here, to get a response it seems.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:46:19 PM(UTC)
Here it is, 7 pages at the moment:
http://forums.forzamotor...ngine-Sound-too-low.aspx

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:31:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kenito83 Go to Quoted Post

Everything I have is identical to what I had in 2013 when FM5 released. I had great audio in FM5, in FH2, and all other games including racers like The Crew and Project CARS, yet only FM6 has this audio issue. It's specific to FM6.
Still I Rise
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:13:31 PM(UTC)
Yes this is a serious issue. All I ask is adjustable audio sliders for opponents cars, tire noise, and own engine noise. So many times I haven't been able to hear my car over a person that's 500+ feet behind. Also please patch the GT350R with the correct sound. These are the only big issues I have on sound and it would be awesome to have them patched.
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:52:28 PM(UTC)
This problem has nothing to do with peoples set up it is a problem with the game its self.
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:58:05 PM(UTC)
I have the same issue with the engine sound levels. That along with some mean sound bugs during multiplayer matches online at times.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:27:43 PM(UTC)
I don´t think we´ll get audio sliders.
Nick Wiswell told in the 12H twitch stream that the game audio is totaly dynamic mixed.
The game decides when you should hear the tyres, your engine, other cars, music or envirement.
So when your rear end seems to break out, the game makes your tyre sounds louder. if you race fine alone in the front the music gets more focus. When you are in the middle of a pack of cars the other cars gets louder.
Thats what I understood.
So they would have to throw away their dynamic mixing or at least let us change the parameters.
It would be also nice to set the sound differently from the camera. Like have the sound from the Rearview on the cockpit or hoodcam.
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:37:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: el Veidi Go to Quoted Post
I don´t think we´ll get audio sliders.
Nick Wiswell told in the 12H twitch stream that the game audio is totaly dynamic mixed.
The game decides when you should hear the tyres, your engine, other cars, music or envirement.
So when your rear end seems to break out, the game makes your tyre sounds louder. if you race fine alone in the front the music gets more focus. When you are in the middle of a pack of cars the other cars gets louder.
Thats what I understood.
So they would have to throw away their dynamic mixing or at least let us change the parameters.
It would be also nice to set the sound differently from the camera. Like have the sound from the Rearview on the cockpit or hoodcam.

If there is a system that allows the game to independently adjust volumes of different things, they can override it with constants that we set via sliders, rather than situationally calculated variables.

But the crux of most complaints I am seeing here on these forums about a whole load of issues, is our inability to set our own parameters for things.

Edited by user Saturday, September 19, 2015 8:01:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC & XB1
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:57:38 AM(UTC)
This is true. Some Cars simply dont have the Sound to oversound the AI Cars sound and therefor you have problems shifting wright. All it would need for me is to bump up the players engine sound by probobly 30 to 40% and then i can really start racing. Atm i have to use the hud for some cars as i dont know when to shift up or down.

Otherwise great game :-)
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:08:52 AM(UTC)
I added my +1 for audio sliders on the other 8-page thread, but won`t hurt to place it here again. ;)

It`s not a setup issue.
Everyone has a different sound setup, so everyone gets slightly different results ...which is exactly why games usually have audio options.

Forza is the series that made me start using manual shifting, because you could 100% rely on the sound, as it should be.
Since FM5 this doesn`t work anymore with some cars in races, and it`s even worse in FM6.
I also used to use the tire sound as indicator for my car being on the edge, now they just screech all the time.

I enjoy FM6 a lot, but the lack of sound options is a mess.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:48:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IceMan PJN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kenito83 Go to Quoted Post

Everything I have is identical to what I had in 2013 when FM5 released. I had great audio in FM5, in FH2, and all other games including racers like The Crew and Project CARS, yet only FM6 has this audio issue. It's specific to FM6.

I also have the same setup as with FM5 and Horizon 2. And I think the audio level is perfect.
I have a Tritton headset with audiomixer connected to the optical port on the Xbox.
My settings on Xbox is Optical Audio - Bitstream out and Bitstream format - Dolby digital (since the Tritton set supports 7.1).
Audio settings is set to headphones in FM6 menu.

As I said before, if they gonna change anything they need to add sliders (Own car, opponent car, tires/ambient, master volume, etc)
If they just crank up the volume on "own car" then other people with setup like mine would experience issues.

Just my opinion :)
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:34:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
[quote=NE Patriots12x;361770]

What are your FM6 audio settings (Home Theater, Headphones, TV)?

Thanks,
Brian

It's all exatament same as when I played Forza Horizon 2 and Motorsport 5, in addition to pCars of course!

Ekberg, that's how it has to be ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dNIKXeCp94

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:35:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:41:01 AM(UTC)

+1 Agreed.

While I appreciate the improvements to the audio overall, the fact that I can hear other engines better than mine needs to be addressed asap.

As others have said, a slider function like FH2 would be perfect.
 3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:26:32 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue. Other cars are about all I hear when they are close. And even when the other cars are on the other side of the track from me when I'm driving I hear them as loud or louder than my car at times. Just seems a bit much. I should be able to hear my car much better.

My setup:
Forza set to home theater
HDMI to receiver
5.1 surround speakers
Have also used ultimate ears 6000, and Sennheiser Momentum headphones, and my Polk gaming headset plugged into the controller with the same issue
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 9:45:54 AM(UTC)
Have used both the simple TV speakers and a 5.1 surround sound setup and the issue persists with both.
Forza set to TV while using the TV speakers and set to home theater when using that.
HDMI to TV and to receiver on other setup.

Please add sliders.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 10:16:06 AM(UTC)
Add me to those having audio issues, specifically the AI's audio being too loud. Am really struggling with shifting in some cars as i have to look at the HUD when i should be watching the track ahead of me. Sublime game otherwise, congrats T10...
 5 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:48:46 AM(UTC)
Hi Brian/Mech,

Sadly must add my vote to those having sound issues,all Forzas are ok except 6 (which otherwise brilliant game) - when racing you barely can hear your car,which wasnt the case in lets say FM4 where you could choose some sound options,other cars around totally "eating" your car sound,and to change gears you need constantly look at rev gauge,which is very annoying
No other Forza has this issue,and main reason i stopped playing,because i dont want ruin my experience with further progress until sound is fixed
Playing with headphones,through pc,Creative SB Z (Win 7x64) and can say that no problems on my end whatsoever - all other Forzas sound ok
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:00:12 PM(UTC)
I have the same issue. I love this game. And I've always loved controller layout 11. (Shifting with the right stick). I always loved how I could go by engine sound like a in a real car for perfect shifting using the entire power band. Now in F6 I have to wait until I'm in 1st place well ahead to do that. So now my first 1/4-1/2 or lap or so is less than my best because all I hear is 23 other cars screaming.

I get the realistic sound intention of a dynamic mix but in a real car I would be able to feel the engine as well as hear it. So in a game there has to be a compromise to get that effect. In this case we need sound sliders. Too many other things are loud from the menu noises to the other cars. I want to hear my car loud not the menu noises and other cars blasting my face off.

PLEASE GIVE US AUDIO MIX SLIDERS (LIKE IN PAST FORZA GAMES) TO ADJUST THE ENGINE/TIRES ETC. SOUND Fix that, and I am one happy racer! xD Except the Drivatar system. Ugh!

If memory serves. F4 and back had this.

Edited by user Monday, October 5, 2015 12:11:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 4:45:23 AM(UTC)
i joined the class c race which are ghosts we all set off i cant even hear my car engine same in career you need sound sliders this is basic and needs to be sorted out fast.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error